FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Do you want the truth?

Do you want the truth?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *emima_puddlefuck OP   Couple  over a year ago

hexham

So it seems on another thread my version of honesty was not appreciated.i see forum threads as somewhere you can say what you think,and if that truth is harsh so be it.So long as no rules are broken why waste someones time with flim flam.

Given that this is an anonymous environment and we rarely in RL are able to get unbiased answers i think this is a great thing about all internet forums.There is no universal truth,just a lot of honest opinions.

Do you agree,or should we tell people what they want to hear?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Sorry can you just clarify the question for me please?

eh??

give me the truth any day. Tell the truth and shame the devil. Best way.

hexham

"give me the truth any day. Tell the truth and shame the devil. Best way."

thanks, i didn't think it was that complicated

i meant truth or nice waffle,which do u prefer?

I can't handle the truth. But a waffle with syrup? Now you're talking

hexham

"I can't handle the truth. But a waffle with syrup? Now you're talking "

Very transatlantic!

By *i 1 Get 1 FreeCouple (MM)  over a year ago

birmingham

"So it seems on another thread my version"

On "that" thread, you accuse a member of having an issue with you and brought it into the thread, seems you're doing exactly the same.

Always best to sit on the fence rather than having to choose which side suites

By *ensual temptressWoman  over a year ago

Southampton

no one exspects the threads to be an exercise in back slapping .there have been lots of interesting points of view put forward on a whole host of subjects . but its the WAY things are worded thats can make the difference .also people tend to forget the topics and it becomes direct personal attacks on inderviduals. best threads are ones where people may have strong opinions but can put forward their view in a constructive ,logical and intelligent way .yes it does happen sometimes ppl !! lol x

"give me the truth any day. Tell the truth and shame the devil. Best way.

thanks, i didn't think it was that complicated

i meant truth or nice waffle,which do u prefer?"

Got confused with all the waffling

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

The truth everytime!!!

id rather be told the truth me although there is certain ways to go about things in RL which differ from an internet forum obviously

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

"So it seems on another thread my version of honesty was not appreciated.i see forum threads as somewhere you can say what you think,and if that truth is harsh so be it.So long as no rules are broken why waste someones time with flim flam.

Given that this is an anonymous environment and we rarely in RL are able to get unbiased answers i think this is a great thing about all internet forums.There is no universal truth,just a lot of honest opinions.

Do you agree,or should we tell people what they want to hear?"

I think there is nothing wrong with honesty.....but I do think there are ways of posting it without offending / upsetting people though.

hexham

"So it seems on another thread my version of honesty was not appreciated.i see forum threads as somewhere you can say what you think,and if that truth is harsh so be it.So long as no rules are broken why waste someones time with flim flam.

I think there is nothing wrong with honesty.....but I do think there are ways of posting it without offending / upsetting people though."

i agree,but thats kind of what i want to discuss here,is bluntness really upsetting on an internet forum.Or shouldnt we appreciate the chance to hear what ppl really think?

By *inky24big35Couple  over a year ago

blackpool

truth always

hexham

Sorry before should have qualified with just cos someone thinks something dont make it true,they are all just opinions.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

I think there is nothing wrong with honesty.....but I do think there are ways of posting it without offending / upsetting people though.

i agree,but thats kind of what i want to discuss here,is bluntness really upsetting on an internet forum.Or shouldnt we appreciate the chance to hear what ppl really think?"

There is nothing wrong with being blunt either....but I will go back to my other post, it depends how you write it.

You can be blunt but still not offend/ upset anyone....but if you are blunt and know you are going to upset by the way you write it then I think then it becomes a problem, as it would start a row.

( I am talking in general when I say "you" )

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"I can't handle the truth. But a waffle with syrup? Now you're talking "

Hopefully not a blue waffle?

birmingham

"Or shouldnt we appreciate the chance to hear what ppl really think?"

Some people only want to hear their own voices, which become boring after a while.

hexham

"So it seems on another thread my version

On "that" thread, you accuse a member of having an issue with you and brought it into the thread, seems you're doing exactly the same.

Always best to sit on the fence rather than having to choose which side suites"

Really,mind reader are you?

i started this thread because i was surprised at how many ppl thought i had been too harsh.The fact a mod from elsewhere quoted an old profile is why i think there are personal issues in her reply." seperate things.

By *ee8to10TV/TS  over a year ago

Preston

The simple answer is everybody is different. Which means whatever you say, there's a good chance somebody will either not like it, or will disagree with you.

So it's better to say nothing, and never, ever, post anything on Internet Forums.

Just like I don't.

"

There is nothing wrong with being blunt either....but I will go back to my other post, it depends how you write it.

You can be blunt but still not offend/ upset anyone....but if you are blunt and know you are going to upset by the way you write it then I think then it becomes a problem, as it would start a row.

( I am talking in general when I say "you" )"

A poster can have no control over the synaptic machinations of the reader - some of whom seem to go out of their way to misconstrue what they read whilst others are determined to be insulted or slighted at the drop of the apostrophe favoured by a greengrocer.

hexham

i agree,but thats kind of what i want to discuss here,is bluntness really upsetting on an internet forum.Or shouldnt we appreciate the chance to hear what ppl really think?

( I am talking in general when I say "you" )"

True, and i suppose then things get very subjective,which is why u lot get hassle.One persons calling a spade a spade is another persons rudeness.

"I can't handle the truth. But a waffle with syrup? Now you're talking

Hopefully not a blue waffle? "

Well I just had to google it didn't I??? Dear God Almighty. I feel quite ill. Gone to bin all waffles from the fridge.

hexham

"The simple answer is everybody is different. Which means whatever you say, there's a good chance somebody will either not like it, or will disagree with you.

So it's better to say nothing, and never, ever, post anything on Internet Forums.

Just like I don't.

"

truth all the time

birmingham

"Really,mind reader are you?"

You decide

From a general point of view, we've always found it best to avoid those who court controversy / appear controversial, they tend to be the most unreasonable people to agree with

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Well I just had to google it didn't I??? Dear God Almighty. I feel quite ill. Gone to bin all waffles from the fridge. "

Sorry lol ( I am not really, cos some bugger made me google it once too !!)

Well I just had to google it didn't I??? Dear God Almighty. I feel quite ill. Gone to bin all waffles from the fridge.

Sorry lol ( I am not really, cos some bugger made me google it once too !!)"

Forgiven anyway. You learn something new [and blue] everyday.....unfortunately.

It'll soon be christmas.

I prefer to hear someones own thoughts and reasons rather than what they think I want to hear, but I do think that discretion should be used in an internet forum as the written word can very easily be misconstrued.

Also, when we have no knowledge of the person on a forum, how can we be sure that their "honesty" is not just a smokescreen for a chance to be nasty. I also think once a person resorts to language like, for fuck sake or the rolling eyes emoticon, then that instantly gives out a negative vibe and will resort in an argument.

If someone is going to be honest, then do so in a well meaning and assertive rather than insulting way.

Oh and be sure to be big enough to take the other persons "honesty" in the manner that was meant too.

always the truth, but be diplomatic and also with as much info as poss as to the why's and wherefores,

The truth is fine as long as it aint done in the guise of "someone else"

As in another profile pretending to be someone else .

Which does happen ....

Then they talking out their asses

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

i would prefer the truth and i am a very much a "tell it like it is" person...

I think where are different ways of "telling it" though....

it can be a fine line, and i'll be the first to admit its a fine line to tread and i fall foul of it at the best of times.....

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Being blunt is fine as long as people dont start whinging when people are blunt back to them.

I say things how i see them, but i most certainly dont expect everyone to agree with what i have to say

There is a fine line with being honest and being nasty .

Some just confuse the two

There are a lot of fragile egos on these forums. I find it amusing that people will ask the opinions of total strangers on an open forum and then get prickly when they don't get the "there, there diddums" responses they expected!

Personally I prefer plain speaking. Granted, we should be able to put our opinions across without "offending", but seriously, some people need to be offended into getting a grip, but that's just me...and I don't have a personal axe to grind!

By *eaboMan  over a year ago

marden

tell it like it is i think. voice your honest opinion and everyone knows where you stand.it is so much easier.

Funny thing is jemima your the one that barks on about people being more tolerant and open minded when it has to do with your choice and preferences maybe people remember that when your doing exactly the same to other people

By *rs Sugar Mr SpiceCouple  over a year ago

We are about 15 mins outa Pontypridd and we do go to Crawley in west sussex 2-3 times a year so get in touch !!

Say it as it as ,dnt beat round the bush just be str8 wi everything

birmingham

"Funny thing is jemima your the one that barks on about people being more tolerant and open minded when it has to do with your choice and preferences"

Sadly, some forget what Hymn sheet their singing from

By *adchickCouple  over a year ago

Cyprus

I prefer a cloud of complete bollox....

But then I've never run with the crowd

Its ok being "upfront" and honest with mates and such but i dont hold with just saying something you know is going to hurt or wound just to boost your own ego.

Tact must come into play even when being honest.

Some hide behind others to do so or a screen , even pretending to be someone else.

Thats sad.

Im primarilly a nice person so wouldnt go out of my way to offend someone just because i can.

"Its ok being "upfront" and honest with mates and such but i dont hold with just saying something you know is going to hurt or wound just to boost your own ego.

Some hide behind others to do so or a screen , even pretending to be someone else.

Thats sad.

Im primarilly a nice person so wouldnt go out of my way to offend someone just because i can. "

this one

By *andy muncherMan  over a year ago

Nottingham

im away for for a cpl hours and i miss a good post

hexham

"Funny thing is jemima your the one that barks on about people being more tolerant and open minded when it has to do with your choice and preferences maybe people remember that when your doing exactly the same to other people"

Again i feel my point was missed in the other thread,if he wants to be here fine,did i say he should bugger off?i just wondered why an 18 yr old isnt out doing instead of posting online.i see some have been offended by my brief history of swinging sites,but this is the kind of harsh truth i was on about.i;m no newbie,these sites grew from ppl having kids and not being able to get out and pick up.Look at the decline of the sex cinemas,u used to be able to pick up couples and men for 3 somes any night of the week.

Gay and bi bars still exist,i had my first 3 some after picking up in an SU bar,if you don't have all the accompanying problems of maturity get out and do it,thats my honest advice!Why that is seen as intolerant i do not know,the lad will have a lot more fun and grow in the process.

hexham

"There are a lot of fragile egos on these forums. I find it amusing that people will ask the opinions of total strangers on an open forum and then get prickly when they don't get the "there, there diddums" responses they expected!

Personally I prefer plain speaking. Granted, we should be able to put our opinions across without "offending", but seriously, some people need to be offended into getting a grip, but that's just me...and I don't have a personal axe to grind!"

My view exactly,i like the fact these forums are anonymous,why the feck would ppl take them personally,ask the queston and accept what ppl say...

hexham

"Its ok being "upfront" and honest with mates and such but i dont hold with just saying something you know is going to hurt or wound just to boost your own ego.

Thats sad.

Im primarilly a nice person so wouldnt go out of my way to offend someone just because i can. "

mmmmmm u see i'm nice too honest,but why does that preclude being honest.Its an internet forum,open to all,if we all just sat around "being nice" how dull would it beZ?

Thats sad.

Im primarilly a nice person so wouldnt go out of my way to offend someone just because i can.

mmmmmm u see i'm nice too honest,but why does that preclude being honest.Its an internet forum,open to all,if we all just sat around "being nice" how dull would it beZ?"

oi!

By *andy muncherMan  over a year ago

Nottingham

"Funny thing is jemima your the one that barks on about people being more tolerant and open minded when it has to do with your choice and preferences maybe people remember that when your doing exactly the same to other people

Again i feel my point was missed in the other thread,if he wants to be here fine,did i say he should bugger off?i just wondered why an 18 yr old isnt out doing instead of posting online.i see some have been offended by my brief history of swinging sites,but this is the kind of harsh truth i was on about.i;m no newbie,these sites grew from ppl having kids and not being able to get out and pick up.Look at the decline of the sex cinemas,u used to be able to pick up couples and men for 3 somes any night of the week.

Gay and bi bars still exist,i had my first 3 some after picking up in an SU bar,if you don't have all the accompanying problems of maturity get out and do it,thats my honest advice!Why that is seen as intolerant i do not know,the lad will have a lot more fun and grow in the process.

"

i fully agree there and dont care what some peeps think sorry but an 18 year old be it he or she is ready for the swinging world god there still kids if this was the states we would be locked up should be 21 sorry

hexham

what.... am i in for another spanking

hexham

"Funny thing is jemima your the one that barks on about people being more tolerant and open minded when it has to do with your choice and preferences maybe people remember that when your doing exactly the same to other people

i fully agree there and dont care what some peeps think sorry but an 18 year old be it he or she is ready for the swinging world god there still kids if this was the states we would be locked up should be 21 sorry "

i dont agree with a set age,cos ppl mature at different rates,but life experience is a totally different matter,

i fully agree there and dont care what some peeps think sorry but an 18 year old be it he or she is ready for the swinging world god there still kids if this was the states we would be locked up should be 21 sorry "

oh I dunno. I think "ready to fuck/ready to swing" and I think I would prefer to see any 18 year old I know hanging out with peeps with a more or less considered and safe attitude to sex, rather than with random pub, or nightclub peeps who might be into all sorts of other stuff too. (eg dregs barebacking etc.)

hexham

i fully agree there and dont care what some peeps think sorry but an 18 year old be it he or she is ready for the swinging world god there still kids if this was the states we would be locked up should be 21 sorry

oh I dunno. I think "ready to fuck/ready to swing" and I think I would prefer to see any 18 year old I know hanging out with peeps with a more or less considered and safe attitude to sex, rather than with random pub, or nightclub peeps who might be into all sorts of other stuff too. (eg dregs barebacking etc.)"

Fair point,but then advocate decent sex ed in schools,cos honestly at 18 is it ready to shag or really wants a shag?

hexham

"Really,mind reader are you?

You decide

From a general point of view, we've always found it best to avoid those who court controversy / appear controversial, they tend to be the most unreasonable people to agree with "

Cool then we agree we have very little in common

I can't help but roll my eyes at the hypocritical nature in some of the posts in this thread!

Some peeps should not preach what they do not follow themselves!

I have no issues with being honest and direct in my views and opinions, and would like to believe I acknowledge and accept other people's opinions and views even if they are very different to my own with good grace.

I would like to believe that when I disagree with another person, I act with sufficent good grace not to cause offence.

I wish others could do the same without resorting to name calling and labelling.

I have learnt to ignore certain peeps posts, and try not to let them wind me up as life is too short to be wound up by those whom I do not give a flying feck!

oh I dunno. I think "ready to fuck/ready to swing" and I think I would prefer to see any 18 year old I know hanging out with peeps with a more or less considered and safe attitude to sex, rather than with random pub, or nightclub peeps who might be into all sorts of other stuff too. (eg dregs barebacking etc.)

Fair point,but then advocate decent sex ed in schools,cos honestly at 18 is it ready to shag or really wants a shag?"

well I know I was ready to shag and most of my friends were. Most of us has jobs, flat (albiet shared) and were independent and free.

Maybe we were just a wierd bunch but somehow I don't think so.

We should try not forget how we felt at that age.

At 16 I already felt like an adult even though peeps did not always treat me that way, my family always did.

By *anny PepperoniMan  over a year ago

Matlock

"

I think there is nothing wrong with honesty.....but I do think there are ways of posting it without offending / upsetting people though."

I second that. Its possible to be truthful and tactful, the two are not mutually exclusive

By *oantrimcpl2010Couple  over a year ago

Lisburn

ok have skipped through everyone snd a lil d*unk here wots the question,??

"ok have skipped through everyone snd a lil d*unk here wots the question,??"

Aint got the kin foggiest meself

Does it matter then?

I suppose not........not in the great scheme of things.....

There will always be those who think that "honesty" precludes tact and caring.

"I suppose not........not in the great scheme of things.....

There will always be those who think that "honesty" precludes tact and caring. "

Or simply use the term honesty to act the twat.

Or simply use the term honesty to act the twat."

twat = anglo saxon term for vagina I believe.

The Twat Monologues

Or simply use the term honesty to act the twat.

twat = anglo saxon term for vagina I believe. "

Not in modern day terms I believe, haha.

"

Youve lost me, i cant see anyone on this thread being offended by your experience on swinging sites. In fact havent seen anyone mention anything about your experiences on swinging sites.

I thought this thread was about wanting to here the truth. You seem fine to give your opinions and speak your truth, but when others do it to you, you then create threads about it.

As for the last bit about the history of swinging, well if you hadnt lost me before you definetly lost me then as i dont have a clue what that has to do about speaking the truth.

Maybe you should re read some of the threads you post on and see who it is who spits their dummy out of the pram when others post their opinions

By *oantrimcpl2010Couple  over a year ago

Lisburn

"Does it matter then? "

nah not really lol

By *irtyGirlWoman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

I think I'd rather have the truth. It doesn't need to be all pink and fluffy, it just needs to be put across in such a way that you're not rude! I don't think that's impossible to do for most people and generally when someone asks for an opinion that's exactly what they get. Making something personal and offensive is when is becomes unacceptable.

And on a separate note, at the risk of being personal, I have no issues with anyone from either here or elsewhere so with the greatest respect I would suggest addressing the issue that you appear to have with me privately or accept the fact that it's not all about you. My comment on the other thread would have been the same regardless of who posted. You have no business deciding who can and cannot join a swinging site, that is for an individual to decide for themselves. The rest of us are entitled to choose who we play with.

Truth as long as its not nasty and hurtfull words can cut like a knife .. so care have to be taken at times as people have feelings x

"Truth as long as its not nasty and hurtfull words can cut like a knife .. so care have to be taken at times as people have feelings x"

The way it is delivered can tell us more about the person offering a truthful opinion than the one the opinion is of

The whole truth and nothing but the truth

Seriously i do think it is better to say what you want to say not what you think you should say or what you think people want to hear. In saying that though, its how its said that can often cause arguments, saying in the written word instead of spoken is so much harder to do

By *mack my bumMan  over a year ago

Hayle

One word tact yep we like the truth but there's a way of saying it I see it like this if u don't like wot they r asking don't comment it's as easy as that

anyone should b able to come on here and ask advice esecially 18 yr olds without gettin the piss taken out of them we all have 2 start somewhere

"Truth as long as its not nasty and hurtfull words can cut like a knife .. so care have to be taken at times as people have feelings x

The way it is delivered can tell us more about the person offering a truthful opinion than the one the opinion is of "

we all have feeling here xx and its just a forum not a persons life its cyber land.... and if your a softy and take things to heart easy, It can all play on your mind ... so yes delivered with care at times if a persons having problems with some members posts.

oh I dunno. I think "ready to fuck/ready to swing" and I think I would prefer to see any 18 year old I know hanging out with peeps with a more or less considered and safe attitude to sex, rather than with random pub, or nightclub peeps who might be into all sorts of other stuff too. (eg dregs barebacking etc.)"

You do realise there are "dregs barebacking" and doing all sorts on here don't you! I'm sure many outside the scene would have a few choice names for some of the things we get up to!

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"So it seems on another thread my version

Always best to sit on the fence rather than having to choose which side suites

Really,mind reader are you?

i started this thread because i was surprised at how many ppl thought i had been too harsh.The fact a mod from elsewhere quoted an old profile is why i think there are personal issues in her reply." seperate things.

"

I didn't see anyone quote an old profile? I saw people comment on your post though.

You do realise there are "dregs barebacking" and doing all sorts on here don't you! I'm sure many outside the scene would have a few choice names for some of the things we get up to!"

ooops didn't mean to be rude, I meant drugs. See your point but I think activities on here are more planned and we are less likely to get into difficult "situations". Nowt's perfect tho.

Theres being truthfull and being just done right rude.

The two are not the same. Truth it should be but a bit of tact goes a long way. Also there are always people on forums (not just here but everyone), that just use the 'bluntness' of what they say to become a troll.

Honesty/truth does not mean being rude.

(I am not saying youare/were rude, just the two can easily go together).

xxx

"One word tact yep we like the truth but there's a way of saying it I see it like this if u don't like wot they r asking don't comment it's as easy as that

anyone should b able to come on here and ask advice esecially 18 yr olds without gettin the piss taken out of them we all have 2 start somewhere"

Some very young swingers here and your right need looking after and not have the piss taken out of them as i would think some would like a diffrent sex life then a normal vanilla one. I was married and starting family 18 and still with same man ....i keep saying age is a number and it is .. some 18 year old maybe been having sex for years and bored and looking for new things. How would i feel if my son was here ...... well i would say like always safe sex and make sure getting cheek-ups every 4 months. He at un could be having loads of girls ... just not cool to tell your mum , and i think he is a virgin , lol

My eldest stayed a virgin till he married in his mid twenties, it was what he wanted. Peeps are all different and it's good if they know what they want.

"My eldest stayed a virgin till he married in his mid twenties, it was what he wanted. Peeps are all different and it's good if they know what they want."
yes each person is differnt and have differnt values on how thay see things ... your son was looking for the love of his life xx and thats very lovely too xxx

hence y Ruggers is a Mod, go girl

I prefer honesty. For instance when am having anal, and I say does my arse look big on this

"I prefer honesty. For instance when am having anal, and I say does my arse look big on this "
and you know it look fab . lol xx

"I prefer honesty. For instance when am having anal, and I say does my arse look big on this and you know it look fab . lol xx"

hope that wasnt a typo my dear and you meant to put fat

"I prefer honesty. For instance when am having anal, and I say does my arse look big on this and you know it look fab . lol xx

hope that wasnt a typo my dear and you meant to put fat"

FAB , LOL Just looking see if on your profile , lol x

birmingham

"if you don't have all the accompanying problems of maturity get out and do it,thats my honest advice!

"

Is that not what the young member you refer to is doing?

You question his reasons for being on here, yet on the other hand, offer advise for him to get out and socialise

At least I'm not the only one on this thread with no idea what you're trying to say

birmingham

"Its an internet forum,open to all,if we all just sat around "being nice" how dull would it beZ?"

Which kinda reiterates my earlier comment:

"From a general point of view, we've always found it best to avoid those who court controversy / appear controversial, they tend to be the most unreasonable people to agree with

"

By *UNCHBOXMan  over a year ago

folkestone

I want the truth!

You can't handle the truth!

(few good men)

» Add a new message to this topic