FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Smoking

Smoking

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I hate walking past the inevitable barrage of smokers at pub or restaurant? I think it should be banned completely, i'm also pretty found of someone breathing on me after they have toked on their woodbines!!! Lets ban smoking everywhere!

What do you think?

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *irtyGirlWoman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

I think you should cross the road and quit moaning!

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

why don't we ban everything? cars,alchohol ad infinitum

i think we should ban banning things !

I'm jealous of the OP: to have nothing to worry about apart from what other people do!

I don't smoke. I used to but i gave up last year. I don't get it. some non smokers were moaning about smoking in pubs,clubs,restaurants etc: they said that smokers should be forced outside. they got exactly what they wanted but they're still whinging.I think some of them (just some) enjoy moaning more than they dislike smoking.all they succeeded in doing was destroying the pub trade. yes,the price of booze in pubs made a difference too but it has been proved that the smoking ban also had a large effect. 5700 alcohol licenses (pubs,bars,clubs,restaurants)were surrendered last year alone

I think we should ban sexy hygenic professionals that make sweeping statements in the name of "anus cranious".

Im not a smoker, never have been, never will be and i don't give a toss about people who smoke

Life is too short to worry bout other people

.. my car insurance going up on the other hand... haha

By *i 1 Get 1 FreeCouple (MM)  over a year ago

birmingham

"What do you think?"

I think for a controversial debate, choosing smoking is rather lazy

I think if out side its fine ..... some love to have one with a drink .. its each to there own .Only thing i dont like is people doing it around there children like in the car and things .

By *ee_awMan  over a year ago

newcastle

At my local the non-smokers tried to get smoking banned in the beer garden because they couldn't sit outside in the summer.... well tough - don't see them complaining that they can't stand out there in snow when it's -5 (I'm an ex-smoker and will quite happily stand outside a pub and talk to the smokers - usually more fun!)

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

I think it's great that smoking has been banned in pubs and restaurants, but to complain about people smoking outside in the street is ridiculous.

There are so many factors to take into consideration as regards pubs closing though... smoking ban, unreasonable tenant rents, supermarket alcohol pricing, recession and in some areas saturation of licensed premises....these all add up to force major change on the pub trade.

A small town near me has a population of just 1400 people, yet when we moved here 14 years ago there were Seven pubs in the town.

It's not reasonable to think that Seven pubs can manage to survive in such a small time in modern times, and that figure has dropped to Four pub premises with one of those being turned into an Indian restaurant later in the year.

Times change, and with that so do the social habits of the population.

"I think if out side its fine ..... some love to have one with a drink .. its each to there own .Only thing i dont like is people doing it around there children like in the car and things ."

I get mine to light up my fags for me in the car... safer driving and all that.

birmingham

"I get mine to light up my fags for me in the car..."

Being a "Lady" one would expect nothing less

"I think if out side its fine ..... some love to have one with a drink .. its each to there own .Only thing i dont like is people doing it around there children like in the car and things .

I get mine to light up my fags for me in the car... safer driving and all that. "

well thay must be older xand its up to you as a mum ..

" I hate walking past the inevitable barrage of smokers at pub or restaurant? I think it should be banned completely, i'm also pretty found of someone breathing on me after they have toked on their woodbines!!! Lets ban smoking everywhere!

What do you think?"

my dad was a alcoholic i hate drinkers i think booze should be banned

But.......

its a free country so you carry on drinking i'll carry on smoking

"I think if out side its fine ..... some love to have one with a drink .. its each to there own .Only thing i dont like is people doing it around there children like in the car and things .

I get mine to light up my fags for me in the car... safer driving and all that. well thay must be older xand its up to you as a mum .."

True, he's 25 and I never smoked when he was growing up...only been smoking for the last 6 years. xxxx

"I think if out side its fine ..... some love to have one with a drink .. its each to there own .Only thing i dont like is people doing it around there children like in the car and things ."

oooo and pregnant women who smoke

dont even get me started on that one lol

I know its a free coutry and we can do what we like, i smoke and if i choose to bugger up my lungs thats my choice but when your pregant your forcing that on someone else and im a firm believer that we do not own our kids to do what we like with, children are a gift that we are blessed to bring up untill they are old enough to look after themselves, so women do not have the right to force their unborn child to smoke

Well ok legally they do but you know what im mean lol

" I hate walking past the inevitable barrage of smokers at pub or restaurant? I think it should be banned completely, i'm also pretty found of someone breathing on me after they have toked on their woodbines!!! Lets ban smoking everywhere!

What do you think?"

When we are on our push bikes enjoying the fresh air and you ride past us in your car pumping out far more fumes than a few cigarette's would, would you think of "us" and turn of your engine?

No? and I would not blame you.

It's how I think when I am having a fag outside a pub.

It's life.

Tony

By *orestersCouple  over a year ago

The Forest

What do you think?"

Ah, the malodorous and objectionable pong of smug from a non-smoker.

If you really don't like cigarette smoke outside, I have some suggestions for you:-

When you go outside your front door, hold your breath. About 10 minutes should cure your whinges.

Wear a respiratory kit at all times - cigarette smoke is by no means the most harmful thing you'll breathe in on the streets of Britain.

Continue boozing until your feeling of self-righteousness is replaced by the knowledge that you are witty and irresistible to the opposite sex.

I hope these tips help you to allay your smugness.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Lets ban driving so that all us smokers dont get our lungs polluted even more. When i had a test to see how much gunk (cant think of the bloody name at the moment) i had in my system it was 22 which was to be expected but the nurse said it will never be below 5 as you live in a town. Now i live in a very small rural town, god knows what the gunk levels are for those that live in london, but do you here us complaining about that(apart from me on this thread)

Smoking was banned from pubs/clubs and every other building what more do you want flaming blood

What do you think?

my dad was a alcoholic i hate drinkers i think booze should be banned

But.......

its a free country so you carry on drinking i'll carry on smoking "

here here

moaning about people smoking outside be geezus

il bet you guys are fun

By *mumaWoman  over a year ago

Livingston

can I have permission to breathe please?????????

ffs, until someone starts paying my mortgage, bills, cares for me and my family and basically dies and becomes God over my life and tells me what I am and am not allowed to do, then I will conduct my life as I see fit for what is best for me and my loved ones.

There are far more important things to worry about than someone smoking on the street.

Do people who smoke generally have children who grow up to smoke? if so....

Sterilise smokers before they have kids,in a few generations we'll be able to walk down the street without whinging

this could be rolled out to other areas

for instance, if your parent has ever had a conviction for fly tipping you can't have a driving license

has your mum ever been d*unk? soft drinks only for you then!

all anti social habits could be stamped out in 50 or 60 years

It'll be fucking boring tho

Well my parents dont smoke and my son doesnt smoke, so i think i should be excempt from sterilization

By *hi-John69Man  over a year ago

chichester

"Well my parents dont smoke and my son doesnt smoke, so i think i should be excempt from sterilization "

me thinks it's a little to late

Let's make smoking compusory how about that xx

"Let's make smoking compusory how about that xx "

Awww bugger i always get it wrong ive just stopped well for this week anyway lol

Tell you what, id love to see what all the anti smokers would do if everyone gave up smoking. Oh yea, they would then be able to moan about how high the taxes have gone up on everything else.

Livingston

"Well my parents dont smoke and my son doesnt smoke, so i think i should be excempt from sterilization "

that's debatable and will take a lot of thought!!!

"Let's make smoking compusory how about that xx

Awww bugger i always get it wrong ive just stopped well for this week anyway lol"

well, thats a no then pmsl xxxx

Edinburgh

"well, thats a no then pmsl xxxx "

Would you like a spoon?

"well, thats a no then pmsl xxxx

Would you like a spoon? "

What do you think?"

I wanna ban all them that wanna ban smoking.

Signatures here please

What do you think?"

Im kinda hoping they all just die out, actually.

By *oantrimcpl2010Couple  over a year ago

Lisburn

i am a smoker in the process of giving up, but that is my choice, i have 2 daughters and they dont smoke, so should i have been sterlized, in my opinion that was a very naive comment, i am a very good mother who smoked, but i tried never to smoke around my daughters, i have never abused them, pychically, mentally or emotionally, or let them go without anything and brought them up to have their own opinions, and have a good set of values.

Edinburgh

Psssst... I think there was some cheek tonguing going on earlier!

" so should i have been sterlized, in my opinion that was a very naive comment,

"

The power of the missing smiley strikes again

By *oantrimcpl2010Couple  over a year ago

Lisburn

"Psssst... I think there was some cheek tonguing going on earlier! "

opps didnt read all messages seen that and went of on a tandem, have PMT, so i apoligise now

"Psssst... I think there was some cheek tonguing going on earlier! "

Can ya stop pssssss ing on the forums ....Its an acquired taste ya know

Edinburgh

"Psssst... I think there was some cheek tonguing going on earlier!

opps didnt read all messages seen that and went of on a tandem, have PMT, so i apoligise now "

No need to apologise... I'm the queen of PMT today so I totally get your utterly irrational behaviour!

~author trying to have a sense of humour~

Edinburgh

Can ya stop pssssss ing on the forums ....Its an acquired taste ya know "

Stop drinking it then!!

Cant see what ya saying, im washing me hair

Does anyone else get the impression that the OP was posted simply to stir things up?

As for the OP itself, I'm a smoker but I don't mind people who don't smoke but please please please don't force your fresh air down my throat as it makes me retch. Ta.

i never smoked but dont bother me ,my mother smoked and my ex ,

Livingston

opps didnt read all messages seen that and went of on a tandem, have PMT, so i apoligise now "

pmsl @ off on a tandem. was the bike ride good?? (lucky moo)

Edinburgh

"Cant see what ya saying, im washing me hair "

Ewwwwwwww!! Manky coo!!

By *uss PussWoman  over a year ago

east cheshire

"Does anyone else get the impression that the OP was posted simply to stir things up?

"

yeap

By *1sexypairCouple  over a year ago

Retford

"Does anyone else get the impression that the OP was posted simply to stir things up?

yeap "

me thinks it worked after reading all that need a smoke and a pint

gumchewers are more of a nuisance these days...not only do they make an irritating noise but the spit the crap out all over the place !

By *adchickCouple  over a year ago

Cyprus

As for the OP itself, I'm a smoker but I don't mind people who don't smoke but please please please don't force your fresh air down my throat as it makes me retch. Ta. "

Lets ban all those from Ebbw Vale.......

Or even the whole of Wales for that matter.

**Maddie..... smoker and NOT giving up for anyone**

By *uckscouple2007Couple  over a year ago

Bucks

What do you think?"

we think yr insane woman

Smoking is terrible and any promotion of it is disgraceful in my opinion

Me and my other half have never smoked and whilst I admit to not really liking smoke in my face or smelling smoke in close proximity, I respect anyones right to smoke and to do what they wish. I feel the same way about garlic though, i hate the smell of that in close proximity, in fact I think its worse than smoke, could not kiss anyone whose been eating garlic

Thats it.....

Im gonna stop smoking garlic.

One out of two aint bad

By *aucy3Couple  over a year ago

glasgow

i'm waiting for a single guy,to post a,rate my knob,while i have a smoke thread.

when all the females had pmt.

ban swinging ur all pervs x

By *ouplefunukCouple  over a year ago

North Bristol

What do you think?"

I think you'd be moaning like a bitch when your taxes were raised sky high to compensate. That's what I think

*Her*

By *phroditeWoman  over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

Live and let live

I feel since smoking has been banned in pubs andother public places I am a happy bunny and I can really live with those few areas where smokers can go...

shall we now don hi vis jackets safety glasses hard hat when sparking up? Seems we managed fine for years before the smokeing ban n no probs or complaints!

im gonna defend the OP - kinda. What gets me is that if i want to go into the pub i have to go past peeps smoking like chimneys, which makes my asthma ten times worse. If i want to go into a club i would like to be able to without my eyes streaming and gasping for breath.

Torquay

I ventured out for a quick bite to eat in my village pub last night because I couldn't be arsed to cook, when I first moved here and there was no smoking ban the local pub was dead on a Tuesday night....and a Monday, and a Wednesday if the dart team were playing an away match, and a Thursday.....

In fact the pub was changing hands every other year as it was only used on Friday to Sunday!....no-one could make it work however hard they tried.

Last night the pub wasn't exactly packed....but it was busy enough. The reason?

FOOD

The pub has been turned round by making the most of it's lovely location and bringing in a couple of chefs...you still get drinkers using it, you still get smokers happy to turn up and sit on the patio with it's wooden gazeebo and smoke their fags.....the difference now is it isn't going to change hands every other year because people are queuing up to eat at this pub.

So not all doom and gloom

me being stupid yet again, with technology evolving and advancing all the time im surprised no one has made a 'healthy' cigarette

that tastes the same but is less addictive and has no damaging health effects.. id like to think it will happen one day

The Forest

"im gonna defend the OP - kinda. What gets me is that if i want to go into the pub i have to go past peeps smoking like chimneys, which makes my asthma ten times worse. If i want to go into a club i would like to be able to without my eyes streaming and gasping for breath."

Why don't you use an iota of intelligence and go somewhere else then? It's quite legal for people to smoke outside the pub/club - if you can't live without your alco-drug, get it from the supermarket and stay at home. You can get pissed and huff your inhaler to your heart's content and the smokers won't have to put up with your pathetic whinging - problem solved!

Torquay

"im gonna defend the OP - kinda. What gets me is that if i want to go into the pub i have to go past peeps smoking like chimneys, which makes my asthma ten times worse. If i want to go into a club i would like to be able to without my eyes streaming and gasping for breath.

Why don't you use an iota of intelligence and go somewhere else then? It's quite legal for people to smoke outside the pub/club - if you can't live without your alco-drug, get it from the supermarket and stay at home. You can get pissed and huff your inhaler to your heart's content and the smokers won't have to put up with your pathetic whinging - problem solved!"

Is there any need to be so rude?

The Forest

"im gonna defend the OP - kinda. What gets me is that if i want to go into the pub i have to go past peeps smoking like chimneys, which makes my asthma ten times worse. If i want to go into a club i would like to be able to without my eyes streaming and gasping for breath.

Why don't you use an iota of intelligence and go somewhere else then? It's quite legal for people to smoke outside the pub/club - if you can't live without your alco-drug, get it from the supermarket and stay at home. You can get pissed and huff your inhaler to your heart's content and the smokers won't have to put up with your pathetic whinging - problem solved!

Is there any need to be so rude?

"

Yup! Is there any need for you to pass comment? No.

By *eighleedsMan  over a year ago

leeds

"me being stupid yet again, with technology evolving and advancing all the time im surprised no one has made a 'healthy' cigarette

that tastes the same but is less addictive and has no damaging health effects.. id like to think it will happen one day "

Its teh addiction that keeps us smokers coming back and buying more though, nothing going to change that.

If nicotine was not so addictive we would just buy it when we want to, no profit in that

Edinburgh

"me being stupid yet again, with technology evolving and advancing all the time im surprised no one has made a 'healthy' cigarette

that tastes the same but is less addictive and has no damaging health effects.. id like to think it will happen one day "

They have... it's an electronic thing. Blows out smoke and all sorts. It looks ridiculous!!

However, all this talk of ciggies has made me want one! BRB!

why is smoking always moaned about by non smokers,its not illegal and as been said its personal choice..

drinking is far worse but no one moans about that..

how often do you read or see in local news about the town being smashed and other violent out bursts on a friday/sat night due to smokers having to many fags on a night out.

"Let's make smoking compusory how about that xx

Awww bugger i always get it wrong ive just stopped well for this week anyway lol"

Got in car and had a cig bad girl

"I ventured out for a quick bite to eat in my village pub last night because I couldn't be arsed to cook, when I first moved here and there was no smoking ban the local pub was dead on a Tuesday night....and a Monday, and a Wednesday if the dart team were playing an away match, and a Thursday.....

In fact the pub was changing hands every other year as it was only used on Friday to Sunday!....no-one could make it work however hard they tried.

FOOD

The pub has been turned round by making the most of it's lovely location and bringing in a couple of chefs...you still get drinkers using it, you still get smokers happy to turn up and sit on the patio with it's wooden gazeebo and smoke their fags.....the difference now is it isn't going to change hands every other year because people are queuing up to eat at this pub.

So not all doom and gloom"

only a few pubs were i live have remained pubs, places were you go to have a drink and laugh (and there dead)

a small amount, like you said with the right location have changed to pub lunch/restaurants. but in a big area like manchester thats not anything new for the area.

i accept the pub trade is a dying trade, and that smoking ban was a great move..... but it should have been left to landlords to make the decision. then people have a choice.

my social life has changed following the ban, me and my mates never go anymore as there empty, and the rare time we do go, we end up outside with the smokers cause lets face it, thats were everybody is...

it was the final nail in the coffin for a vast majority of pubs were i live.

which is a shock, iv heard so many non smokers say over the years how they dont enjoy pubs because of the smoke, and how they would go much more often if was smoke free.... (were are they now)

they still at home moaning about what others are doing.

Edinburgh

"why is smoking always moaned about by non smokers,its not illegal and as been said its personal choice..

drinking is far worse but no one moans about that..

how often do you read or see in local news about the town being smashed and other violent out bursts on a friday/sat night due to smokers having to many fags on a night out. "

I heard on the news that this is exactly what happens in ebbw vale every weekend! It's all making sense now!!

The Forest

"I ventured out for a quick bite to eat in my village pub last night because I couldn't be arsed to cook, when I first moved here and there was no smoking ban the local pub was dead on a Tuesday night....and a Monday, and a Wednesday if the dart team were playing an away match, and a Thursday.....

FOOD

So not all doom and gloom

only a few pubs were i live have remained pubs, places were you go to have a drink and laugh (and there dead)

a small amount, like you said with the right location have changed to pub lunch/restaurants. but in a big area like manchester thats not anything new for the area.

i accept the pub trade is a dying trade, and that smoking ban was a great move..... but it should have been left to landlords to make the decision. then people have a choice.

my social life has changed following the ban, me and my mates never go anymore as there empty, and the rare time we do go, we end up outside with the smokers cause lets face it, thats were everybody is...

it was the final nail in the coffin for a vast majority of pubs were i live.

which is a shock, iv heard so many non smokers say over the years how they dont enjoy pubs because of the smoke, and how they would go much more often if was smoke free.... (were are they now)

they still at home moaning about what others are doing.

"

You're absolutely bang on the money there - the anti-smoking brigade have killed the pub trade in this country. We've walked out of a "food" pub because of the stink of stale beer and toilet cleaning products.

Torquay

[Removed by poster at 30/03/11 14:48:51]

Torquay

Well smokers make up around 24% of the adult population in the UK, so are we saying that the other 76% didn't use pubs and only smokers did before the ban?

If I go into one of the many pubs and clubs in Exeter city centre on any given weekend they are packed out, so much so that it's not unusual to be turned away at the doors as they are full.

I can't comment on Manchester but Exeter, Plymouth and Torquay pubs and clubs are buzzing every weekend with both smokers and non smokers.

There were far too many pubs operating leading up to the ban anyway, it has become like any other business....survival of the fittest.

"Well smokers make up around 24% of the adult population in the UK, so are we saying that the other 76% didn't use pubs and only smokers did before the ban?

If I go into one of the many pubs and clubs in Exeter city centre on any given weekend they are packed out, so much so that it's not unusual to be turned away at the doors as they are full.

I can't comment on Manchester but Exeter, Plymouth and Torquay pubs and clubs are buzzing every weekend with both smokers and non smokers.

There were far too many pubs operating leading up to the ban anyway, it has become like any other business....survival of the fittest."

not talking city centre, cost me £20 each way if i want to do that in a taki. im talking local pub.... ie over the road from my house round the corner.

and were do these stats come from, how the hell do the goverment know who smokes what. when only idiots or people with no connections by cigs from shops,

black market cigs is more profit than drug dealing.

Torquay

"Well smokers make up around 24% of the adult population in the UK, so are we saying that the other 76% didn't use pubs and only smokers did before the ban?

There were far too many pubs operating leading up to the ban anyway, it has become like any other business....survival of the fittest.

not talking city centre, cost me £20 each way if i want to do that in a taki. im talking local pub.... ie over the road from my house round the corner.

and were do these stats come from, how the hell do the goverment know who smokes what. when only idiots or people with no connections by cigs from shops,

black market cigs is more profit than drug dealing."

They get smoking figures from the NHS as doctors and hospitals collate figures on smokers, Insurance companies also collate that information when people take out life insurance etc.

So it's not too difficult to establish that info.

By *lirty and dirtyCouple  over a year ago

ashford

Why don't you use an iota of intelligence and go somewhere else then? It's quite legal for people to smoke outside the pub/club - if you can't live without your alco-drug, get it from the supermarket and stay at home. You can get pissed and huff your inhaler to your heart's content and the smokers won't have to put up with your pathetic whinging - problem solved!"

HERE HERE

black market cigs is more profit than drug dealing.

They get smoking figures from the NHS as doctors and hospitals collate figures on smokers, Insurance companies also collate that information when people take out life insurance etc.

So it's not too difficult to establish that info."

and how many people in this country do you think are honest when it comes to ins policy, you can bet 90% of people who do smoke would be clued up enough not to let there ins know they smoke in the effort to save money on there policy.

mybe its just a thing in the north!

as for doctors and hospitals, i myself have been to neither in very long time

chicken pox... about 9yr old

manchester eye hospital 18yr old, tiny bit of metal in eye from work place

never was asked if i smoke, cant recall filling any thing in.

i wonder what they got me down as then?

smoker or none smoker.... i mean how could they know???

smoker or none smoker??????

"

So it's not too difficult to establish that info."

C`mon, we`re all aware that 90% of all statistics are incorrect.

Tis is about peoples freedom of choice, not figures.

Torquay

There is no point in trying to argue with you, Doctors...Dentists...Hospitals...Insurance Companies...

That's where information like this is collated....if you think it's all based on people lying about their true health status then there will be no convincing you otherwise.

The pub trade isn't dying on it's feet solely due to the smoking ban, even though that is a major contributor to the decline. Tax on alcohol has cut landlord's profits to the bare bone, and where they have such little profit margins on certain beverages they have had to force prices up to make a living out of it.

If you then factor in the smoking ban (and the lack of non-smokers who campaigned long and hard about how much they'd love to go for a drink if it was smoke free), as well as crippling rents, council taxes, employers rates and capital gains tax, it's not hard to see that pubs are being attacked from all sides.

It does make one wonder if there has been a concerted effort to remove the heart of the typical British social structure and keep us all at home, behind closed curtains and unaware of what's happening in our communities, leaving the yobs to roam the streets with nobody caring enough to say, "Hey, I know you and I know your family, pack it in asshole!"

- That's what used to happen.

"

Tis is about peoples freedom of choice, not figures. "

Exactly..... some people just take what the goverment says as truth, nothing but truth hahaha

Torquay

"

Tis is about peoples freedom of choice, not figures. "

Nah....it's about the law and legislation, freedom of choice ends when smokers endanger the health of others, and that was the basis of the smoking bans.

Have pubs been effected by the ban?.....of course some have, but MANY haven't.

i dont go out that often. But for instance if you are going to a social in a club, ie a fab social. what you gonna say - 'eh naw?' its my choice to go to these socials, just as it is your choice to kill yourself with nicotine. But do you really have to stand at the doorway, blocking the entrance? I not whinging, just consider people more where you stand.

"There is no point in trying to argue with you, Doctors...Dentists...Hospitals...Insurance Companies...

That's where information like this is collated....if you think it's all based on people lying about their true health status then there will be no convincing you otherwise.

"

Whenever I am asked the smoking question - how many a day - I always give a different answer.

10-15

Whatever I feel like saying at the time and whether there is a financial implication for admitting I smoke at all.

Yes, I lie. And am happy to continue doing so.

How accurate are those stats now huh? I can't be the only one.

"

Nah....it's about the law and legislation, freedom of choice ends when smokers endanger the health of others, and that was the basis of the smoking bans.

"

The issue of "endangering other peoples heath" has been addressed by "the ban", so what business is it of other folk to start "whinging" about smokers being chucked out into the streets?

It appears some folk are just never satisfied. And your correct, that is the LAW, so where`s the argument?

By *agman n angelCouple  over a year ago

benidorm

yeah great lets ban smoking, then the op can moan again that all the revenue the government gets from sales of ciggys can go on things they do use like fuel and food..... some people are never happy

Torquay

"The pub trade isn't dying on it's feet solely due to the smoking ban, even though that is a major contributor to the decline. Tax on alcohol has cut landlord's profits to the bare bone, and where they have such little profit margins on certain beverages they have had to force prices up to make a living out of it.

If you then factor in the smoking ban (and the lack of non-smokers who campaigned long and hard about how much they'd love to go for a drink if it was smoke free), as well as crippling rents, council taxes, employers rates and capital gains tax, it's not hard to see that pubs are being attacked from all sides.

It does make one wonder if there has been a concerted effort to remove the heart of the typical British social structure and keep us all at home, behind closed curtains and unaware of what's happening in our communities, leaving the yobs to roam the streets with nobody caring enough to say, "Hey, I know you and I know your family, pack it in asshole!"

- That's what used to happen. "

Unfortunately it's absolutely true Wishy, the smoking ban was just one of a number of nails in the coffin for the pub trade.

Supermarket booze prices, changing social habits, rents, rates, increased red tape, insurance etc. have all been bloody great nails in that same coffin.

There is also a whole new generation of young adults who don't share the same social aspirations as their parents and grandparents....many use pubs as a stop off for the bigger attraction of clubs, you see them swarming in the pubs for a few cheap shots and then it's off to somewhere that appeals far greater to them....nightclubs.

It is also true though that many of the more clued up pub owners have realised there is far more money in food than there ever was in beer, far bigger margins and less red tape as well.

Torquay

"

The issue of "endangering other peoples heath" has been addressed by "the ban", so what business is it of other folk to start "whinging" about smokers being chucked out into the streets?

It appears some folk are just never satisfied. And your correct, that is the LAW, so where`s the argument?

"

There can be NO argument, the streets and smoking shelters are perfectly legal and the Op seems to have missed that point.

Torquay

"yeah great lets ban smoking, then the op can moan again that all the revenue the government gets from sales of ciggys can go on things they do use like fuel and food..... some people are never happy"

The NHS and governments argue that one balances out the other.....Tax versus treatment for smokers, so that is a bit of a non starter as an argument.

Most tobacco consumed in the UK now escapes duty anyway so that has been nulified.

Not every smoker uses the streets or smoking shelters. Some stand in the doorways of clubs. That is neither the street or an allocated area. You trying to tell me that every smoker has stood away from the shelter of a dry archway to have a fag, when they are at a club or pub?

"Unfortunately it's absolutely true Wishy, the smoking ban was just one of a number of nails in the coffin for the pub trade.

Supermarket booze prices, changing social habits, rents, rates, increased red tape, insurance etc. have all been bloody great nails in that same coffin.

There is also a whole new generation of young adults who don't share the same social aspirations as their parents and grandparents....many use pubs as a stop off for the bigger attraction of clubs, you see them swarming in the pubs for a few cheap shots and then it's off to somewhere that appeals far greater to them....nightclubs.

It is also true though that many of the more clued up pub owners have realised there is far more money in food than there ever was in beer, far bigger margins and less red tape as well."

The niteclubbing thing isn't a new thing for this generation as that's exactly what we used to do but in our day the clubs closed at 2am and you pretty much had to be in there by 11pm or you wouldn't get in or it wasn't worth it. Now the clubs are open until 4am - 5am there is no need for youngsters to go out early to the pub for a few drinks beforehand. Far simpler to party at home with Tesco's multipack Alcopops and hit the clubs around midnight. (I saw two very young girls staggering home at 7.30am in Leeds this morning - pissed out of their minds they were).

As for the food venues, I agree, the savvy publican has realised his premium space should be devoted to tables for food, not tables for pool. My parents live in a village with two pubs that are directly opposite each other. One does food and no football, the other does football and no food. They're both doing ok but the one doing food is a much better pub because it's in his interests to keep the decor friendly and inviting.

[Removed by poster at 30/03/11 15:30:50]

By *agman n angelCouple  over a year ago

benidorm

"yeah great lets ban smoking, then the op can moan again that all the revenue the government gets from sales of ciggys can go on things they do use like fuel and food..... some people are never happy

The NHS and governments argue that one balances out the other.....Tax versus treatment for smokers, so that is a bit of a non starter as an argument.

Most tobacco consumed in the UK now escapes duty anyway so that has been nulified."

dont agree about the escaping duty bit but if you say so

"Not every smoker uses the streets or smoking shelters. Some stand in the doorways of clubs. That is neither the street or an allocated area. You trying to tell me that every smoker has stood away from the shelter of a dry archway to have a fag, when they are at a club or pub?"

Most clubs have doorstaff these days and busy town centre pubs also have them. It is their responsbility to keep the entrance areas free of restrictions - and that includes smokers. If it's pissing down with rain you can't blame someone for wanting to remain dry whilst having a smoke.

It seems to me that non-smokers want to have every possible area that they MIGHT find themselves in free of smoke/smokers, without stopping to think whether they are being unreasonable about it.

The tax revenue from smoking is a dead issue for me because it would only take one fiscal year for a govt to adapt its finances to absorb the loss. To my mind, the govt should either ban the sale of tobacco completely - or leave us alone. If tobacco is as dangerous as we're being told it is then why is it still legal?

Torquay

" It seems to me that non-smokers want to have every possible area that they MIGHT find themselves in free of smoke/smokers, without stopping to think whether they are being unreasonable about it.

"

I think you will find that is SOME non-smokers Wishy....not all non smokers think like that.

Torquay

"yeah great lets ban smoking, then the op can moan again that all the revenue the government gets from sales of ciggys can go on things they do use like fuel and food..... some people are never happy

Most tobacco consumed in the UK now escapes duty anyway so that has been nulified.

dont agree about the escaping duty bit but if you say so"

In 2009 it was 49% of all rolling tobacco that evaded UK tax....do you really believe that figure has diminished?

i dont go out that often. But for instance if you are going to a social in a club, ie a fab social. what you gonna say - 'eh naw?' its my choice to go to these socials, just as it is your choice to kill yourself with nicotine. But do you really have to stand at the doorway, blocking the entrance? I not whinging, just consider people more where you stand."

They block because nine times out of ten, thats probably the only shelter in some pubs.

Ok so i dont mind going outside but i would like to be dry.

Why, ? because i pay the same for a drink as you , so therefore expect the same facillities ,

Regardless of smoking.

I went to a club in the middle of nowhere , it not only had heating outside, it also had tables and seating and a tv .

Now thats what you call service

By *uss PussWoman  over a year ago

east cheshire

"I went to a club in the middle of nowhere , it not only had heating outside, it also had tables and seating and a tv .

Now thats what you call service "

and i bet it was packed with non-smokers too

Some of the pubs round here have great outside facilities, tables, umbrella things with heaters attatched, comfortable chairs.

What do you think?"

good shout,they have a right to smoke but they shouldnt be allowed to infect the population with their stench

"I don't smoke. I used to but i gave up last year. I don't get it. some non smokers were moaning about smoking in pubs,clubs,restaurants etc: they said that smokers should be forced outside. they got exactly what they wanted but they're still whinging.I think some of them (just some) enjoy moaning more than they dislike smoking.all they succeeded in doing was destroying the pub trade. yes,the price of booze in pubs made a difference too but it has been proved that the smoking ban also had a large effect. 5700 alcohol licenses (pubs,bars,clubs,restaurants)were surrendered last year alone"

the economy has nothing to do with it then????????????

Torquay

"I went to a club in the middle of nowhere , it not only had heating outside, it also had tables and seating and a tv .

and i bet it was packed with non-smokers too "

And that would be why exactly?

The Forest

What do you think?

good shout,they have a right to smoke but they shouldnt be allowed to infect the population with their stench"

Apart from the fact that it's physically impossible to contract an infection from a smell, the particulate dispersion rate of tobacco smoke is far quicker than that of any flu strain. You would have a far higher chance of walking past an infected person, breathing a proximal airborne virus and dying from it, than you ever would from dying by breathing in second-hand tobacco smoke.

What do you think?

good shout,they have a right to smoke but they shouldnt be allowed to infect the population with their stench"

I think just the same when some non smoker farts near me

Torquay

"Some of the pubs round here have great outside facilities, tables, umbrella things with heaters attatched, comfortable chairs. "

To be honest, if they have the space outside then there is no excuse for not making the most of that space to make it comfortable for a smoking area.

and i bet it was packed with non-smokers too "

Yerrrr just like chams is..

we smokers cant be all bad when they wanna come and join us

What do you think?

good shout,they have a right to smoke but they shouldnt be allowed to infect the population with their stench

Apart from the fact that it's physically impossible to contract an infection from a smell, the particulate dispersion rate of tobacco smoke is far quicker than that of any flu strain. You would have a far higher chance of walking past an infected person, breathing a proximal airborne virus and dying from it, than you ever would from dying by breathing in second-hand tobacco smoke."

the smoking ban in pubs was the best thing to happen to the pub trade ever.

there was a time where you used to come home smelling like an ashtray but no its great , we know non smokers moan about smoking in the doorways or in the front of bars but i suppose for us its a decent compromise.

btw , you smokers fart as well...lol

Not me, im a lady...

And if i did, it would smell like flowers

North Bristol

"

The NHS and governments argue that one balances out the other.....Tax versus treatment for smokers, so that is a bit of a non starter as an argument."

A quick google squashes that arguement. Smokers cost the NHS around 5 billion a year. Revenue from tax on ciggies is around 10 billion (source: The Lancet Journal - the world's leading general medical journal and specialty journals in Oncology, Neurology and Infectious Diseases) You do the maths.

Of course the government tells us - that they're not making money from allowing people to kill themselves. How else can they justify not banning the most addictive drug known to man? They don't and never will ban it, purely because of the revenue they would loose if they made it illegal.

"Most tobacco consumed in the UK now escapes duty anyway so that has been nulified."

How does *most* tobacco consumed in the UK now escape duty? If you are suggesting that *most* smokers buy illegally imported tobacco to escape the duty I'd like to see your source, unless of course you are suggesting that "in your opinion", *most* smokers are also criminals to boot?

A quick calculation of the working age population in 2009 (because that's the most recent figure I could find) shows that to recoup the 5 billion in tax that would be lost if smoking was banned, every working age person in the UK would pay approximately an extra £180 in tax a year. Eventually smoking related costs would reduce to the NHS. Do you think for one second your NI contributions and taxes would reduce as a result of this?

I'll say it again. I bet non smokers would whinge like a bitch if smoking was actually banned and they had to pay extra taxes because if it.

*Her*

Torquay

Post the link from the Lancet if you could please....

"Some of the pubs round here have great outside facilities, tables, umbrella things with heaters attatched, comfortable chairs. "

those heater things are great fun ..the amount of d*unken idiots we have watched losing their eyebrows while trying to light up is comical

Torquay

"

How does *most* tobacco consumed in the UK now escape duty? If you are suggesting that *most* smokers buy illegally imported tobacco to escape the duty I'd like to see your source, unless of course you are suggesting that "in your opinion", *most* smokers are also criminals to boot?

*Her*"

"However, tobacco smuggling presents is a major threat to this valuable excise duty stream. Latest figures from Revenue & Customs (2009) estimates 11% of cigarettes smoked in the UK were brought into the UK illegally in the year to April 2009, with a further 5% legally avoiding excise duty because they are bought abroad. For rolling tobacco, some 49% of the UK market is believed to be illicit.

However, the amount of illegal tobacco consumed was far higher – more than 20% – when excise duties were rising more quickly, suggesting the issue will become more acute as the escalator kicks in. Revenue & Customs officials admit that widening disparities between European tobacco tax rates are likely to be pounced on by industrial-scale tax evasion gangs. Andy Leggett, deputy director of alcohol and tobacco policy, said despite the seizure of more than 20bn cigarettes, and more than 3,300 prosecutions, organised gangs still regarded view the amounts lost in Customs raids to be little more that "a cost of doing business".

Source....The Guardian

North Bristol

[Removed by poster at 30/03/11 17:49:25]

You dont have to buy illegally imported tobacco,

Buy legally buying tobacco abroad Jay and i save £940 a year. We worked it out after the budget, plus we dont even get it from the cheapest country

The government get about £10bn from taxing smokers, smoking related costs to the NHS are about £5bn.

Alcohol related costs to the country are about £25bn, broken down to the costs of crime, treatment and loss of productivity.

do you know one of the best place at clubs to pull is out side when some are having a fag , lol chams and other swing clubs .. you get to chat to all sorts of people .

Torquay

You were correct....the article is Eight years old, so it is probably not that relevant to the argument today.

Torquay

"do you know one of the best place at clubs to pull is out side when some are having a fag , lol chams and other swing clubs .. you get to chat to all sorts of people . "

Why?......don't the same people venture inside?

20bn cigarettes = 948 cubic kilometers.

Where the fook did the govt burn all those cigarettes and if they did, no wonder the ozone layer's buggered!

"do you know one of the best place at clubs to pull is out side when some are having a fag , lol chams and other swing clubs .. you get to chat to all sorts of people .

Why?......don't the same people venture inside?"

yes but some how you chat more out there even if your not having one yourself ... its strange but i chat more to people out there ,, then inside at chams i do x

Torquay

"The government get about £10bn from taxing smokers, smoking related costs to the NHS are about £5bn.

Alcohol related costs to the country are about £25bn, broken down to the costs of crime, treatment and loss of productivity. "

The £5 billion figure is a little misleading though isn't it?....because it only covers direct illnesses to those that smoke themselves, not those suffered through secondary smoking.

And it was the secondary smoking which was the reason behind the smoking ban in the first place, asthma in children is now known to be due in a large number of cases to passive smoking. both through childhood and pre birth.

I don't like the smell of alcohol or the silliness it creates in some and the sheer rudeness or violence it creates ............ but peeps are free to live as they wish.

"

And it was the secondary smoking which was the reason behind the smoking ban in the first place."

It was Roy fookin Castle who was behind the smoking ban! He moaned about chasing fame and fortune in working men's clubs in his early career.

He could have NOT worked those clubs, being a non-smoker as he was.

"

And it was the secondary smoking which was the reason behind the smoking ban in the first place.

It was Roy fookin Castle who was behind the smoking ban! He moaned about chasing fame and fortune in working men's clubs in his early career.

He could have NOT worked those clubs, being a non-smoker as he was. "

oooops, summat smokin in me kitchen

birmingham

"oooops, summat smokin in me kitchen "

Is it ya ass? looks really hot

By *inky24big35Couple  over a year ago

blackpool

i think they should have smoking pubs,i bet alot of pubs have lost buisness because its banned now

"

A quick google squashes that arguement. Smokers cost the NHS around 5 billion a year. Revenue from tax on ciggies is around 10 billion (source: The Lancet Journal - the world's leading general medical journal and specialty journals in Oncology, Neurology and Infectious Diseases) You do the maths.

Of course the government tells us - that they're not making money from allowing people to kill themselves. How else can they justify not banning the most addictive drug known to man? They don't and never will ban it, purely because of the revenue they would loose if they made it illegal.

A quick calculation of the working age population in 2009 (because that's the most recent figure I could find) shows that to recoup the 5 billion in tax that would be lost if smoking was banned, every working age person in the UK would pay approximately an extra £180 in tax a year. Eventually smoking related costs would reduce to the NHS. Do you think for one second your NI contributions and taxes would reduce as a result of this?

I'll say it again. I bet non smokers would whinge like a bitch if smoking was actually banned and they had to pay extra taxes because if it.

*Her*"

so should the duties raised on fags just be used to treat smokers!

that argument is as selfish as the actions of smokers thinking the rest of the population should breath in there crap

car and fuel taxation is spent on pensions not roads so maybe we motorists should take the moral high ground and say fuck the pensioners?

North Bristol

"

*Her*so should the duties raised on fags just be used to treat smokers!

that argument is as selfish as the actions of smokers thinking the rest of the population should breath in there crap

car and fuel taxation is spent on pensions not roads so maybe we motorists should take the moral high ground and say fuck the pensioners?"

That wasn't the original argument tho. Was it?

*Her*

birmingham

"fuck the pensioners?"

Some of them are worth fookin!

"

*Her*so should the duties raised on fags just be used to treat smokers!

car and fuel taxation is spent on pensions not roads so maybe we motorists should take the moral high ground and say fuck the pensioners?"

Yer but us smokers have to inhale all them car fumes which are more hazardous to ya health

ive smoked for 35 years and never been in hospital, so am i getting a refund from the govt..

as has been pointed out booze costs many times fag related nhs issues yet no one is moaning about the piss heads..how many times have you had to pass pissed up boozers to enter a club or fear for your safety walking home due to d*unks..

i can honestly say ive never had occasion to think,"oh shit theres a smoker,be on your gaurd".

Sooooooooooo

We ban cars and booze.

At least then the moaning non smokers wont be able to drive to the pub etc and moan at us

birmingham

As a smoker, there's a few fellow smokers on here I'd like to give one too

"

So maybe we should all be a little more open to other people's habits, pleasures, call it what you will.

Drivers pollute with petrol fumes, travellers pollute every time they fly, trains churn out fumes from huge diesel engines and heavy drinkers vomit and puke everywhere and that just touches the tip of the iceberg with regards to drink-related problems.

Your condescending attitude towards smokers shows that it YOU who has the problem, not them.

I concur

"

car and fuel taxation is spent on pensions not roads so maybe we motorists should take the moral high ground and say fuck the pensioners?

So maybe we should all be a little more open to other people's habits, pleasures, call it what you will.

Drivers pollute with petrol fumes, travellers pollute every time they fly, trains churn out fumes from huge diesel engines and heavy drinkers vomit and puke everywhere and that just touches the tip of the iceberg with regards to drink-related problems.

Your condescending attitude towards smokers shows that it YOU who has the problem, not them."

hhmmmmmmmmmmmm never returned from a pub before the ban smelling of vomit

the powers that be have kicked smokers out of public buildings and into the street..why do you think this is?

the foul smell and the poisonous fumes we had to breathe in due to their filthy habit.

cmon you only have to watch a smoker drawing it in , eyes stinging like hell with the smoke and they carry on!!

and expect us to suffer it too...lol

thank god the government saw sense and kicked them into the street!!

glasgow

every disease a smoker gets is attributed to smoking.

so the actual cost to the nhs,is probably considerably less,than the figures being banded about.

soon if you break your leg,and you smoke.it will be considered,a smoking related ailment.

pubs closing,no doubt many factors contributed to this.the smoking ban being the biggest.

where are all the non smokers,who were going to fill the pubs.when the smoking ban came in,and they didnt have to go home smelling of smoke.

oops sorry,i forgot that was just a lie.

i love the smoking ban,you go out for a smoke,and meet the nicest people.

although there are times,when you go to the smoking areas,and you cant get in for non smokers.

have to go,must treat my smoking related,shaving rash,and have a cig.

"every disease a smoker gets is attributed to smoking.

so the actual cost to the nhs,is probably considerably less,than the figures being banded about.

soon if you break your leg,and you smoke.it will be considered,a smoking related ailment.

pubs closing,no doubt many factors contributed to this.the smoking ban being the biggest.

where are all the non smokers,who were going to fill the pubs.when the smoking ban came in,and they didnt have to go home smelling of smoke.

although there are times,when you go to the smoking areas,and you cant get in for non smokers.

have to go,must treat my smoking related,shaving rash,and have a cig. "

Saucy, are you being a trouble maker again

glasgow

Saucy, are you being a trouble maker again "

not as much as the op,they posted as a wind up.

do you think it worked.

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

"Post the link from the Lancet if you could please...."

The Lancelot isn't on the list of allowed links.

do you think it worked. "

well you know, wether they did or did not... our posts touched once again before we go to bed... its so lovely to see, eh?;-)

do you think it worked.

well you know, wether they did or did not... our posts touched once again before we go to bed... its so lovely to see, eh?;-)"

I meant of course, our posts touching each other.. pmsl...

glasgow

[Removed by poster at 30/03/11 22:27:00]

glasgow

do you think it worked.

well you know, wether they did or did not... our posts touched once again before we go to bed... its so lovely to see, eh?;-)"

its my favorite end to the day.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

I think you can tell who smokes and who doesn't

Personally I think the OP is out of order, smokers have been turfed out of pubs and I always said people would moan that they were outside smoking instead.

Smokers can't win

ah well each to their own.

we never meet smokers,were sure your all loverllllly people but we will choose to not partake in the lovely clean bars in newcastle and tynemouth where once you were subjected to other peoples disgusting habits.

these bars are thriving!

were sure some of you are starting to beleive your own words about the ban killing the pub trade!!

the bars that have shut in the north east are near all local bars,thats because youngsters go into the city bars or down the coast!!

and contrary to popular beleif we have never been set upon by hoards of d*unken thugs???????????

our advice would be that if your experiencing that sort of thing it will be the area your frequenting

Bloody hell, id smoked 5 fags before i got to the end of this thread

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"Bloody hell, id smoked 5 fags before i got to the end of this thread "

If I smoked I would have done too

"Bloody hell, id smoked 5 fags before i got to the end of this thread

If I smoked I would have done too"

Dont worry ruggers, i will smoke a few extra for you

I smoke I drink I pay taxes, I'll save the government a fortune in pension payments when I shuffle off this mortal coil early because of any or all smoking and drink related illnesses.

p.s I contracted cancer before I smoked....go figure?

Tell ya what gets my goat more than moaning non smokers.....

Its the fookin government.

They ban it for us joe public but in areas and quite a few i may add....you can still smoke in the houses of parliament

Kin hypercrites the lot of um

"Tell ya what gets my goat more than moaning non smokers.....

Its the fookin government.

They ban it for us joe public but in areas and quite a few i may add....you can still smoke in the houses of parliament

Kin hypercrites the lot of um "

Oh and councils etc who enforce the ban incorrectly,

A bus shelter has to have 4 sides on before they can enforce it ya know

Not a cooregated roof and two bars

"....our posts touched once again before we go to bed... its so lovely to see, eh?;-)

its my favorite end to the day. "

Awww guys... Im welling up here...

Nighty night...

*bless*

Phew! After reading the entire thread I need a fag. [Am I still allowed to say that?]. Outside of course.

Why is it when a guy avatar pic is of his bum...

My little hand of me mouse always lands where it shouldnt

By *inky24big35Couple  over a year ago

blackpool

alcohol causes more problems then smoking and you dont see them closing pubs down,no the bump it up to 24hr drinking

"Why is it when a guy avatar pic is of his bum...

My little hand of me mouse always lands where it shouldnt "

But was it a tickle, pinch, poke or slap

PS my avatar is a 'bum' pic because, sadly, I've been told it's my best feature i.e. better looking than my face

If non smokers like fresh air so much, Let them stand outside,;)

birmingham

"If non smokers like fresh air so much, Let them stand outside,;)"

Nah, we're selective who we want with us

Torquay

"If non smokers like fresh air so much, Let them stand outside,;)"

Nah....we are too happy looking out of the windows and waving to you lot standing in the rain with your sodden ciggies...

By *leasureDomeMan  over a year ago

all over the place

my my what a big thread eh ,the anti vs smoking debate always brings out a good turnout .

I think that smokers are really brave and i take on board there argument re the tax they pay ,i for one am definitely grateful,its your life and hey if i see you smoking outside somewhere ,i just hold my breath till you pass..its easy

Someone earlier in the thread sorry i forgot who as it was ages ago said that if smoking is bad for you why isnt it banned . Its a great question and one i am sure in the future they will marvel at how neglectful governments were in the 20th century. below there are a few established facts from the national center for cancer in the USA as i said your all very brave ,but i respect your decision to smoke .

igarette smoking causes 87 percent of lung cancer deaths and is responsible for most cancers of the larynx, oral cavity and pharynx, esophagus, and bladder.

Secondhand smoke is responsible for an estimated 3,000 lung cancer deaths among U.S. nonsmokers each year.

Tobacco smoke contains thousands of chemical agents, including over 60 substances that are known to cause cancer.

The risk of developing smoking-related cancers, as well as noncancerous diseases, increases with total lifetime exposure to cigarette smoke.

Smoking cessation has major and immediate health benefits, including decreasing the risk of lung and other cancers, heart attack, stroke, and chronic lung disease.

I dont need someone to copy and paste american statistics for me to know the dangers of smoking.

Thankfully not many people close to me have died of cancer but out of those that have not ONE smoked.

I have never heard such a patronizing thread, "I respect" and your "brave" wtf

I smoke because, i like smoking, i can smoke and its not illegal oh and it costs me bugger all

"Secondhand smoke is responsible for an estimated 3,000 lung cancer deaths among U.S. nonsmokers each year".

Oooh. Dodgy one. Empirical proof? And by that I mean incontrovertible!

Anyway, I feel most sorry for laboratory Beagles and Chimps who now have to smoke outdoors in all weathers. I mean it's not their fault. They didn't choose to smoke after watching a Marlborough advert.

Mind you, at least they don't have to buy their own fags!!! Every cloud I s'pose

all over the place

"I dont need someone to copy and paste american statistics for me to know the dangers of smoking.

Thankfully not many people close to me have died of cancer but out of those that have not ONE smoked."

Unfortunately,I have had 3 members of my family go to lung cancer i cant say the same and i mean it if you like smoking do it.Its not for anyone else to say whats good or bad for you as an individual ,just as if you like to do dangerous sports .if you know the facts its up to you.

all over the place

""Secondhand smoke is responsible for an estimated 3,000 lung cancer deaths among U.S. nonsmokers each year".

Anyway, I feel most sorry for laboratory Beagles and Chimps who now have to smoke outdoors in all weathers. I mean it's not their fault. They didn't choose to smoke after watching a Marlborough advert.

Mind you, at least they don't have to buy their own fags!!! Every cloud I s'pose "

your right about the empirical proof a lot of sites quote "studies" but unfortunately never say which ones so you can go look and make your own mind up,.There is evidently loads of evidence around ,but as you say until you can find the published results it has to be empirical.I just say if you dont want to breath it in hold your breath if its heading your way and don't get into situations where you know loads of people will be having a fag.

What do you think?"

Its a dirty habit, it shouldn't be allowed in public, many don’t like to see it and some say its bad for your health. There are many who say the same about waking as well though!

It is personal choice although both are not really acceptable in public.

Emma smokes and i have to put up with it in the house. If they stop her doing it outside then i will get even more by passive smoking. I wonder if any divorcees have sued any ex partners for damages caused by passive smoking?

""Secondhand smoke is responsible for an estimated 3,000 lung cancer deaths among U.S. nonsmokers each year".

Mind you, at least they don't have to buy their own fags!!! Every cloud I s'pose

your right about the empirical proof a lot of sites quote "studies" but unfortunately never say which ones so you can go look and make your own mind up,.There is evidently loads of evidence around ,but as you say until you can find the published results it has to be empirical.I just say if you dont want to breath it in hold your breath if its heading your way and don't get into situations where you know loads of people will be having a fag. "

Which beggars the question......

Why do the world and his wife follow us all outside and sit and chat and eat etc..even at chams.

The smoking deck is always half full by non smokers ???

same as outside pubs

"Why is it when a guy avatar pic is of his bum...

My little hand of me mouse always lands where it shouldnt

But was it a tickle, pinch, poke or slap

PS my avatar is a 'bum' pic because, sadly, I've been told it's my best feature i.e. better looking than my face "

Twas a tickle

By *adchickCouple  over a year ago

Cyprus

your right about the empirical proof a lot of sites quote "studies" but unfortunately never say which ones so you can go look and make your own mind up,.There is evidently loads of evidence around ,but as you say until you can find the published results it has to be empirical.I just say if you dont want to breath it in hold your breath if its heading your way and don't get into situations where you know loads of people will be having a fag.

Which beggars the question......

Why do the world and his wife follow us all outside and sit and chat and eat etc..even at chams.

The smoking deck is always half full by non smokers ???

same as outside pubs "

Chams have even given those filthy Non-Smokers their own No-Smoking deck..... Do they use it?

NO

Go figure!

Morning Mad one word has it ya missed me yesterday xx

What do you think?

Its a dirty habit, it shouldn't be allowed in public, many don’t like to see it and some say its bad for your health. There are many who say the same about waking as well though!

It is personal choice although both are not really acceptable in public.

"

Sleeping in public is also quite undesirable.

By *aryDafiMan  over a year ago

Tripple e

If people want to smoke why stop them. We know it reduces life expectancy and at present people are living longer than expected and stretching the pension funds. Wouldn't it make sense to let them smoke, make more in revenue and pay out less on pensions!