FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > British Superbikes

British Superbikes

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *atcouple OP   Couple  over a year ago

Suffolk - East Anglia

Been watching BSB and absolutely in awe of those riders; skill and total courage.

I used to ride hard and fast but nothing compared to these guys.

Puts F1 in the shade? Anyone else feel the same?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Fantastic F1 is soooooo boring but motorbikes are superb

Great isn't it! I ride a sports bike, and on the warm roads of summer I crank it over, I always think I get pretty low, but these guys, Fuckin elbows down! Brilliant.

Don't ride myself but appreciated it all the same, was at Oulton park for the qualifying on Sunday, great day despite the weather

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Eastbourne

Always been a fan of the motorcycle racing, have a look at the TT riders. They make the BSB/WSB boys seem like softies.

By *ngels of Sin 69Couple  over a year ago

High Wycombe

We love watching too, bikes that is lol

Yep,i love love love it

"Always been a fan of the motorcycle racing, have a look at the TT riders. They make the BSB/WSB boys seem like softies."

But can they race in a pack around a curcuit,the tt boys have tried and failed at bsb

I was in Jerez a couple weeks ago for the MotoGP ( I rode there) and that was amazing to see live!

"I was in Jerez a couple weeks ago for the MotoGP ( I rode there) and that was amazing to see live!"

By *its_n_piecesCouple  over a year ago

better than F1 but at the same time it's completely in the shade of the IOM TT though ..... now that's what you call motorcycle racing .....

23 days 18 hours 24 minutes

Eastbourne

"Always been a fan of the motorcycle racing, have a look at the TT riders. They make the BSB/WSB boys seem like softies.

But can they race in a pack around a curcuit,the tt boys have tried and failed at bsb"

Rossi was once quoted that he is crazy at times on a bike, the TT riders are insane. Road racing is likened to rock climbing without a rope, everything is fun but with a dollop of danger thrown in.

By *couseratMan  over a year ago

Eastbourne

"Always been a fan of the motorcycle racing, have a look at the TT riders. They make the BSB/WSB boys seem like softies.

But can they race in a pack around a curcuit,the tt boys have tried and failed at bsb"

Southern 100 road racing in a pack, funny the TT boys do well there don't see many BSB boys there either.

But can they race in a pack around a curcuit,the tt boys have tried and failed at bsb

Southern 100 road racing in a pack, funny the TT boys do well there don't see many BSB boys there either."

perhaps its pay related

(just saying)

By *UN TIME COUPLECouple  over a year ago

redditch

I love the racing been marshaling for bsb wsb and the moto gp for around 4 years love it lot of fun met riders signed stuff photos with the dolly birds the racing Is just outstanding absolutely love it

By *imply_SensualMan  over a year ago

warrington

Southern 100 road racing in a pack, funny the TT boys do well there don't see many BSB boys there either.

perhaps its pay related

(just saying)

"

And contractual, can't see a top team wanting their top rider getting injured in a different competition.

I used to ride sports bikes and go/watch the racing, it's a far better spectacle than F1, the risks are higher, margin of error smaller and the gaps between the finishers a lot smaller - all adds up to greater excitement

Rossi was once quoted that he is crazy at times on a bike, the TT riders are insane. Road racing is likened to rock climbing without a rope, everything is fun but with a dollop of danger thrown in."

Can you remember the other year when Rossi was there watching. It showed him shaking his head in disbelief at how they were riding.

I doff my hat to anyone who takes part in the TT.Truely a rare breed

By *ynopsisMan  over a year ago

Whetstone

I have to admit that any motorcycle racing is the most amazing sport around.

If you watch a bike race and one of them comes off, generally they get back on the bike and try to finish the race.

F1 since Damon Hill and Schumacher had got to more of a train procession and not racing, it's all about the crews now and how fast they can do a tire change.

Southern 100 road racing in a pack, funny the TT boys do well there don't see many BSB boys there either."

The only 2 guys who did well at both SB and TT were hislop and foggy and rutter was ok i suppose

I love all motorbike racing.. we have a great following here and doing well on the world circuit this year. I've not followed bsb as much as I used to since the loss or Hislop but do enjoy it and will be off to a few .. want to get back into Marshalling again myself as a great way to get but give back to this amazing sport

I love it can't beat going to the track to watch

And chris walker is now in sidecars

Will admit to be a big F1 fan but yes I will admit over the last few years it got a bit crap to say the least

It's only the last few years I've been drawn to watching MotoGP and it's absolutely fantastic, I would watch that over F1 any day

"Will admit to be a big F1 fan but yes I will admit over the last few years it got a bit crap to say the least

It's only the last few years I've been drawn to watching MotoGP and it's absolutely fantastic, I would watch that over F1 any day "

Yep

I'm an f1 fan, but take my hat off to the BSB, WSB MotoGP and Even more so the TT boys. They have serious balls to ride the way they do on the everyday surfaces of Isle of Man.

Also a small mention the the rally drivers, they also have a screw loose!

By *its_n_piecesCouple  over a year ago

not long now .....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wS43s3slbGY

"And chris walker is now in sidecars"

He didn't do too bad for his first race.

By *ocktail18Woman  over a year ago

Milton Keynes

"And chris walker is now in sidecars"

He is doing quiete well too. Xx

"Don't ride myself but appreciated it all the same, was at Oulton park for the qualifying on Sunday, great day despite the weather "

Oulton Park is a fantastic track, I used to go down when they done MV Agusta Track days, unsure if these track days still go on, its been 6 years since last on that track

I love my bike and track days but even after my years of riding couldn't track like they can

By *couseratMan  over a year ago

Eastbourne

Rossi was once quoted that he is crazy at times on a bike, the TT riders are insane. Road racing is likened to rock climbing without a rope, everything is fun but with a dollop of danger thrown in.

Can you remember the other year when Rossi was there watching. It showed him shaking his head in disbelief at how they were riding.

I doff my hat to anyone who takes part in the TT.Truely a rare breed"

Did you see the interview after he did the parade lap, he says that he doesn't quite know how the guys get round the track at the speeds they do, considering there is no run offs.

He mentioned that certain areas of the track, the TT boys don't back off the throttle.

By *reddy96Man  over a year ago

scunthorpe

Should try been in paddock all w.end it great fun. Am there with my son. He 18 and rides a 750 now in a good championship.

"Should try been in paddock all w.end it great fun. Am there with my son. He 18 and rides a 750 now in a good championship. "

Much prefer the camp site to paddock

By *iker boy 69Man  over a year ago

midlands

Im massive bike race fan but not really into tt as thats time trial really and not racing. I do watch it for the sheer lunacy/bravery of the guys but much prefer elbow to elbow racing. Been to every motogp since 2005 and most of bsb wsb at donny over last few years aswell. And got phobe signed by rossi this year

"Great isn't it! I ride a sports bike, and on the warm roads of summer I crank it over, I always think I get pretty low, but these guys, Fuckin elbows down! Brilliant. "

Got to remember, they don't have oncoming traffic, sunday drivers, tractors, muck on the road, junctions etc.

If you only rode on a track, you would soon be leaning over more and carrying more speed. (Not sayig you would ever be as good as them like)

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

Maybe not a super bike but my brother owns a barely ridden and mint condition motorbike called a Hesketh.

I doff my hat to anyone who takes part in the TT.Truely a rare breed

Did you see the interview after he did the parade lap, he says that he doesn't quite know how the guys get round the track at the speeds they do, considering there is no run offs.

He mentioned that certain areas of the track, the TT boys don't back off the throttle. "

it was a good interview with rossi showing utmost respect for the guys that do it.

Do love my bike racing in all its guises. X

"Great isn't it! I ride a sports bike, and on the warm roads of summer I crank it over, I always think I get pretty low, but these guys, Fuckin elbows down! Brilliant.

Got to remember, they don't have oncoming traffic, sunday drivers, tractors, muck on the road, junctions etc.

If you only rode on a track, you would soon be leaning over more and carrying more speed. (Not sayig you would ever be as good as them like) "

Wise words and very true.

By *umpkinMan  over a year ago

near the sounds of the wimborne quarter jack!

"Maybe not a super bike but my brother owns a barely ridden and mint condition motorbike called a Hesketh. "

I`m not into bikes at all but earlier this year went to the British Motorcycle Museum. There is apparently over 1,000 bikes there and I`m sure there`s a Hesketh there too! I`d be very surprised if there wasn`t! At the far end of the museum is a display of the rotary Nortons that re-introduced ? the marque back to racing. All of the bikes were matt black and totally devoid of any sponsor`s decals as I believe they were racing on a shoe-string budget. The rider`s names pricked a few memories - Terry Nation, Ron Haslam to name two! We had a guided tour around the site by a guy who`s involved not only with the museum but the Friends of Ferguson Heritage - Dave Mac.

Brighton - even Hove!

"Maybe not a super bike but my brother owns a barely ridden and mint condition motorbike called a Hesketh.

I`m not into bikes at all but earlier this year went to the British Motorcycle Museum. There is apparently over 1,000 bikes there and I`m sure there`s a Hesketh there too! I`d be very surprised if there wasn`t! At the far end of the museum is a display of the rotary Nortons that re-introduced ? the marque back to racing. All of the bikes were matt black and totally devoid of any sponsor`s decals as I believe they were racing on a shoe-string budget. The rider`s names pricked a few memories - Terry Nation, Ron Haslam to name two! We had a guided tour around the site by a guy who`s involved not only with the museum but the Friends of Ferguson Heritage - Dave Mac."

The name rocket Ron rings a bell

Maybe we should have a fab social at Donnington BSB next year

Eastbourne

"Maybe not a super bike but my brother owns a barely ridden and mint condition motorbike called a Hesketh.

I`m not into bikes at all but earlier this year went to the British Motorcycle Museum. There is apparently over 1,000 bikes there and I`m sure there`s a Hesketh there too! I`d be very surprised if there wasn`t! At the far end of the museum is a display of the rotary Nortons that re-introduced ? the marque back to racing. All of the bikes were matt black and totally devoid of any sponsor`s decals as I believe they were racing on a shoe-string budget. The rider`s names pricked a few memories - Terry Nation, Ron Haslam to name two! We had a guided tour around the site by a guy who`s involved not only with the museum but the Friends of Ferguson Heritage - Dave Mac.

The name rocket Ron rings a bell"

Owns a race school at one of the tracks, not sure which one.

Owns a race school at one of the tracks, not sure which one."

Rocket Ron Haslam, father of Leon!

Brighton - even Hove!

"

That's the man! My brother knew Lord Hesketh although in what capacity I don't know.

"

see him in tesco often lol

I`m not into bikes at all but earlier this year went to the British Motorcycle Museum. There is apparently over 1,000 bikes there and I`m sure there`s a Hesketh there too! I`d be very surprised if there wasn`t! At the far end of the museum is a display of the rotary Nortons that re-introduced ? the marque back to racing. All of the bikes were matt black and totally devoid of any sponsor`s decals as I believe they were racing on a shoe-string budget. The rider`s names pricked a few memories - Terry Nation, Ron Haslam to name two! We had a guided tour around the site by a guy who`s involved not only with the museum but the Friends of Ferguson Heritage - Dave Mac."

Trevor nation, not terry!

By *issy and GingeCouple  over a year ago

Poole

I like MotoGP but.... prefer the early 4strokes and or the 500 2 strokes for the slides, rear wheel steering and backing it into the corners. No electronics just skill & bravery.

By *atwickGuy1Man  over a year ago

Gatwick

I love BSB but F1 takes it for me.

The fitness of the drivers is immense.

I'm friends with a former BSB champion (we went to school together) and whilst he's fit, even in his heyday he had nothing on some of the ex & aspiring F1 drivers than train at the same gym as me (Max Chilton when he's home and Sam Bird Formula E).

"I love BSB but F1 takes it for me.

I'm friends with a former BSB champion (we went to school together) and whilst he's fit, even in his heyday he had nothing on some of the ex & aspiring F1 drivers than train at the same gym as me (Max Chilton when he's home and Sam Bird Formula E)."

Maybe then but fitness levels of the top riders now is amazing.

Trevor nation, not terry! "

Close!

Gatwick

I'm friends with a former BSB champion (we went to school together) and whilst he's fit, even in his heyday he had nothing on some of the ex & aspiring F1 drivers than train at the same gym as me (Max Chilton when he's home and Sam Bird Formula E).

Maybe then but fitness levels of the top riders now is amazing. "

That I don't doubt, they've certainly stepped it up. The majority, in my opinion, are still nowhere near F1 level fitness but it's a very different skill set driving a car round a track quickly compared to throwing a bike around a track quickly.

Maybe then but fitness levels of the top riders now is amazing.

That I don't doubt, they've certainly stepped it up. The majority, in my opinion, are still nowhere near F1 level fitness but it's a very different skill set driving a car round a track quickly compared to throwing a bike around a track quickly."

I'm pretty sure if you compare like for like then the current moto GP riders are every bit as fit as the F1 drivers, probably fitter!

Gatwick

"

I'm pretty sure if you compare like for like then the current moto GP riders are every bit as fit as the F1 drivers, probably fitter! "

Moto GP riders are fitter than BSB riders for sure, still not F1 level in my opinion.

"

I'm pretty sure if you compare like for like then the current moto GP riders are every bit as fit as the F1 drivers, probably fitter!

Moto GP riders are fitter than BSB riders for sure, still not F1 level in my opinion. "

I don't agree but if it true it maybe because of the size of the MotoGP guys bollocks, that's a big weight to carry round.

Gatwick

"

I don't agree but if it true it maybe because of the size of the MotoGP guys bollocks, that's a big weight to carry round. "

Haha, they've bigger bollocks than anyone going doing what they do

Always Ride it like you stole it

» Add a new message to this topic