FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Being nosey or something more sinister?

Being nosey or something more sinister?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Would you give information about a meet to another person on here? I am a bit confused as someone i know has been approached by a person who has done nothing but ask about someone on his verification list. Asking what they look like, what they drive and other personal stuff and it just doesn’t make sense to me. Would you pass on details? Would it make a difference if it was a man or a woman?

Mina xxx

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *hi-John69Man  over a year ago

chichester

doesn't matter whether male or female or other, don't give out the info. person asking may have been blocked by other...

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

Only if they showed me proof that they actually worked for MI5.....would need to see their ID.

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple  over a year ago

Bolton

Wouldn't tell anybody any information about any one else - very odd, Z

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I wouldnt pass on any information at all, meets are private between you and the people you meet.

how would you feel if the role was reversed and someone was asking for information on you??

if ANYONE was to ask for info on someone who appeared on my verification list i would tell them politely where to go!

hence maybe thats why i dont show friends list or verifications

By *i 1 Get 1 FreeCouple (MM)  over a year ago

birmingham

Hello you pair

"very odd, Z"

Some odd folk on here!

[Removed by poster at 24/02/11 21:58:26]

I find the whole thing rather creepy. Mina xxx

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple  over a year ago

Bolton

"Hello you pair

very odd, Z

Some odd folk on here! "

Hi! We're good thanks, hope you are too? Yep, very odd! Z

By *arambarMan  over a year ago

swindon

"I find the whole thing rather creepy. Mina xxx"

Yep, agreed.

Did your friend ask the other person why they wanted to know that information? If so, what reason did they give?

"I find the whole thing rather creepy. Mina xxx

Yep, agreed.

Did your friend ask the other person why they wanted to know that information? If so, what reason did they give?"

Yes, said he thought it was someone he knew. Mina xxx

By *ouple1234Couple  over a year ago

BELFAST UK

we wouldnt hand out any info on anyone, if the people/person asking you to hand info i would report to admin only because of the high press risk over here at the min

By *arambarMan  over a year ago

swindon

"I find the whole thing rather creepy. Mina xxx

Yep, agreed.

Did your friend ask the other person why they wanted to know that information? If so, what reason did they give?Yes, said he thought it was someone he knew. Mina xxx"

Ha, in that case, I think he should be talking to "the person he knew" rather than asking your friend to potentially stitch someone up.

Just my 2¢

If someone was asking us about someone we would ignore them. They can't be doing it for honest reasons or they would ask the person them self. We would find it a bit creepy. Ok a lot creepy but i don't know if it is against the site rules. Does anyone know if it is?

Don't show friends list or verifications. I can show them once I know people a bit and they need proof of meets etc.

But generally I don't want people keeping tabs on who I meet who I have sex with and who my friends are....I've often had guys contact me and say I'm a friend of so and so on your friends list, fancy meeting me? or they check who is on my friends list and contact them and say, Laine said we should contact you! If I ever think that or wish to do that, I'd tell my friends direct if someone was interested, and have called or texted them to say...so and so is interested in you. personal preferences are just that, personal and kept that way.

Discresion is the name a the game as far as im concerend

I may generalise about meets but never give specific details to anyone

They as far as im concerned are between me and the meet xx

I wouldn't give even the tiniest of details.

I once had a woman message me and ask me about a bloke she was going to meet that I had verified. She asked me was he worth it.

I told her to find out for herself.

But given that i've known him for three years I messaged him and warned him.

i would. not personal details like phone numbers and car registration...but you have verified someone, why would you not confirm that verification if asked?

how many folk have been on here complaining about folk who dont look like their pictures or are how they sound?

it could be that they've had similar experiences and don't want a repeat

I wouldnt give any details about anyone Id met. People should have a certain amount of discretion.

"I wouldnt give any details about anyone Id met. People should have a certain amount of discretion. "

I would agree totally. If you want to know you ask the person your self. Asking someone they have met is very furtive and underhand as we see it.

"I wouldnt give any details about anyone Id met. People should have a certain amount of discretion.

I would agree totally. If you want to know you ask the person your self. Asking someone they have met is very furtive and underhand as we see it. "

surely by writing a veri you're already giving out detail. what if the person was just asking if the photo was a likeness.

it's not unreasonable to question the validity of a verification. amount of folk that have said..."oh i did write that, but i was being polite"....i don't understand what the issue is. you're no being indiscreet saying that the picture on a profile is the person they claim to be surely?

whether they perform well is a pointless question...whats good for me could be crap for someone else

"I wouldnt give any details about anyone Id met. People should have a certain amount of discretion.

I would agree totally. If you want to know you ask the person your self. Asking someone they have met is very furtive and underhand as we see it.

surely by writing a veri you're already giving out detail. what if the person was just asking if the photo was a likeness.

it's not unreasonable to question the validity of a verification. amount of folk that have said..."oh i did write that, but i was being polite"....i don't understand what the issue is. you're no being indiscreet saying that the picture on a profile is the person they claim to be surely?

whether they perform well is a pointless question...whats good for me could be crap for someone else"

they were asking about what car they drive??? thats just a little out of place when analysing verifications

whether they perform well is a pointless question...whats good for me could be crap for someone else"

Err when you write a verification you put all the detail in you wish to add. For someone you don't know mailing you asking about details about what they look like says to me they haven't seen a picture. Now it may be us or not but if that person wants someone to know what they look like then they will send them a picture not expect someone on their friends list or verifications to fill in details. I find it strange you seem to think its fine for people to pry yet hide all your details your self on your profile.

whether they perform well is a pointless question...whats good for me could be crap for someone else

they were asking about what car they drive??? thats just a little out of place when analysing verifications "

depends if the chap had made some big deal, ro asked her to look out for a particular make and model....as i said, i wouldnt give out personal details, but i would back up my verification if asked

By *hocotreacleWoman  over a year ago

lost in the city of Atlantis

sounds ominous....

I wouldnt back up any verification, I dont see the need to, I dont treat it like cross examination. One mans meat is anothers poison so there would be little point.

I certainly wouldnt get into a conversation about someones sexual skils, that is just a really awful thing to do.

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

I wouldnt divulge anything about any of mine, as for bigbad well they can just ask him

By *ig badMan  over a year ago

Up North :-)

"I wouldnt back up any verification, I dont see the need to, I dont treat it like cross examination. One mans meat is anothers poison so there would be little point.

I certainly wouldnt get into a conversation about someones sexual skils, that is just a really awful thing to do. "

Spot on! Discretion is an important thing. Who knows who the nosey person is but one thing it isn't is polite. If someone asked me i would want the ok from the person they are interested before i even considered it.

» Add a new message to this topic