FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > myers-briggs..do you think they knew ??

myers-briggs..do you think they knew ??

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *prite128 OP   Woman  over a year ago

maidstone

we've had to do this type of personality profiling as part of a restructuring of our service ( massive cuts so i think they are seeing what more they can squeeze from us all ! )

I have a healthy cynicism about the wholesale sign up to the results of any test but I was surprised to see the following comments in my profile...

""Sensitive and complex, they are adept at understanding complicated issues and driven to resolve differences in a cooperative and creative manner.

INFJs have a rich, vivid inner life, which they may be reluctant to share with those around them. Nevertheless, they are congenial in their interactions, and perceptive of the emotions of others ""

do you think they knew about the swinging hehehehe

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ensualfire88Man  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Don't get me started on Myers_Briggs...

By *ezebelWoman  over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

I was very cynical about it, but the last time I did it they had me down to a T...

Edinburgh

"I was very cynical about it, but the last time I did it they had me down to a T..."

And therein lies the problem.

It'll get everyone down to a T, if they do it enough times...

maidstone

it did also say i prefered one to one relationships than groups ...obviously never seen me at a party then

Jez, this was pretty good for me too I have to say xx

maidstone

"I was very cynical about it, but the last time I did it they had me down to a T...

It'll get everyone down to a T, if they do it enough times..."

exacty hence my comment about wholesale sign up.. its the better of the ones Ive be subjected to, but still very subjective and you can learn what is expected as an answer too

Edinburgh

"I was very cynical about it, but the last time I did it they had me down to a T...

It'll get everyone down to a T, if they do it enough times...

exacty hence my comment about wholesale sign up.. its the better of the ones Ive be subjected to, but still very subjective and you can learn what is expected as an answer too "

Correct.

These things are fine if used as a 'tool' in the hands of an expert who is looking at other factors as well.

Sadly though, they tend to be used as the 'answer' by people who haven't a clue.

I would be interested if anyone knows whether you have a legal obligation to take such a test if asked by either an employer or a prospective employer?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

There was a fascinating documentary about Myers Briggs and other psychometric testers on Radio 4 recently, it might be on the iPlayer. It completely blew apart the facade of scientific credibility.

Edinburgh

"There was a fascinating documentary about Myers Briggs and other psychometric testers on Radio 4 recently, it might be on the iPlayer. It completely blew apart the facade of scientific credibility."

Yep - Mariella Frostrup presented it, was a very good piece of Radio.

(but watch yourself mentioning Radio 4 round here...I did it once, nearly got lynched!)

Creepy pseudo social engineers. I find it depressing how prevalent psychometric testing is these days.

Edinburgh

"Creepy pseudo social engineers. I find it depressing how prevalent psychometric testing is these days."

Which is why I want to know if you're obliged to take part.

Especially if you don't believe in the results - it's a modern day equivalent of if she drowns, she wasnt a witch, if she lives she is, so best we burn her...

"Which is why I want to know if you're obliged to take part.

Especially if you don't believe in the results - it's a modern day equivalent of if she drowns, she wasnt a witch, if she lives she is, so best we burn her..."

They tend to be pretty standard in graduate jobs these days. Of course the HR/recruitment industry loves them because it does their job for them by whittling down the number of applications.

I guess if you refuse to do them then Myers and Briggs ascertain that you're a rebellious, non-team playing iconoclast.

Edinburgh

"Which is why I want to know if you're obliged to take part.

Especially if you don't believe in the results - it's a modern day equivalent of if she drowns, she wasnt a witch, if she lives she is, so best we burn her...

They tend to be pretty standard in graduate jobs these days. Of course the HR/recruitment industry loves them because it does their job for them by whittling down the number of applications.

I guess if you refuse to do them then Myers and Briggs ascertain that you're a rebellious, non-team playing iconoclast. "

I could have told them THAT!

"I could have told them THAT!"

And when I set light to one they had me down as a pyromaniac. Uncanny.

I am either an ENTJ or ENFJ, can't remember exactly, as it was a long time ago since I did mine.

By *he_original_poloWoman  over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

People will be suspicious of things they do not understand. Most people rarely have the chance to have their profile explained by someone with a sound understanding of how to read the results. You’ll usually have a manager who spent one afternoon being trained on how to read out the printed report trying to talk to you about your profile and the preferences of your behaviours.

"People will be suspicious of things they do not understand. Most people rarely have the chance to have their profile explained by someone with a sound understanding of how to read the results. You’ll usually have a manager who spent one afternoon being trained on how to read out the printed report trying to talk to you about your profile and the preferences of your behaviours."

With respect I am sorry to disagree, it is not suspicion brought on by ignorance. It's junk in, junk out. My OPINION based on 25 yrs in recruitment.

By *he_original_poloWoman  over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

"People will be suspicious of things they do not understand. Most people rarely have the chance to have their profile explained by someone with a sound understanding of how to read the results. You’ll usually have a manager who spent one afternoon being trained on how to read out the printed report trying to talk to you about your profile and the preferences of your behaviours.

With respect I am sorry to disagree, it is not suspicion brought on by ignorance. It's junk in, junk out. My OPINION based on 25 yrs in recruitment."

How many profiling systems are you qualified to administer?

» Add a new message to this topic