FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Professional?

Professional?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ue care and attention OP   Woman  over a year ago

birmingham

Ok so it seems that a lot of people put 'professional' in their profiles. Does this influence you or would you presume they were a dolite if they didn't include it? (No offence to anyone unemployed before the noose comes out!)

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ig badMan  over a year ago

Up North :-)

Ill bump a thread up for you to read as these things tend to kick off

By *illyrocCouple  over a year ago

north west

no i dont understand why they have to put that on there profile its all nonsense to big up the profile imo but hey its up to the peeps to put what they think makes them look better .

birmingham

"Ill bump a thread up for you to read as these things tend to kick off "

Ooo nice bump...thanks

"Ok so it seems that a lot of people put 'professional' in their profiles. Does this influence you or would you presume they were a dolite if they didn't include it? (No offence to anyone unemployed before the noose comes out!)"

Have a peep at the one in swingers chat(bumped). It ........err kind of upsets some

birmingham

"Ok so it seems that a lot of people put 'professional' in their profiles. Does this influence you or would you presume they were a dolite if they didn't include it? (No offence to anyone unemployed before the noose comes out!)

Have a peep at the one in swingers chat(bumped). It ........err kind of upsets some "

ahh got ya, will do thanks

birmingham

Thanks _ig bad, got half way through and wish I'd kept my mouth shut. Here endeth the thread lol

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Have a peep at the one in swingers chat(bumped). It ........err kind of upsets some "

Oh yes, I remember that thread as I lost my cool which is unusual for me.

"Ok so it seems that a lot of people put 'professional' in their profiles. Does this influence you or would you presume they were a dolite if they didn't include it? (No offence to anyone unemployed before the noose comes out!)"

Yes it does influence me. No I don't think of people as dolites - it's not a term I use.

"Have a peep at the one in swingers chat(bumped). It ........err kind of upsets some

Oh yes, I remember that thread as I lost my cool which is unusual for me. "

There are over a dozen Professional threads. It really niggles some at times. There is a bit of negativity towards professional/educated/middle class people or what ever it is supposed to mean. Odd really cos we are all pretty similar buck naked

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

I dont see the need for someone to tell me what they are. I can tell by their profile and the messages they send me whether i wish to meet them. I find most middle class people dont feel the need to keep telling people

By *ndymanchester1Man  over a year ago

salford

Maybe it's a hint that I shouldn't swear, know what cutlery to use at right time and be able to hold a pissing contest on qualifications. Being a good shag being secondary of course

By *mumaWoman  over a year ago

Livingston

"Have a peep at the one in swingers chat(bumped). It ........err kind of upsets some

Oh yes, I remember that thread as I lost my cool which is unusual for me.

There are over a dozen Professional threads. It really niggles some at times. There is a bit of negativity towards professional/educated/middle class people or what ever it is supposed to mean. Odd really cos we are all pretty similar buck naked "

I am in no way pretty similar to you when I am buck naked!!!!!

***goes off to check, just in case

workwise i am a professional but i see no reason why i should put it. Each to their own though.

I really wish I could understand the correlation between someone having professional on THEIR profile to them thinking they're better than anyone else!

How many profiles have "seeking like minded people", or "attractive", let's not forget "go to the gym five times a week", or "good sense of humour"?!! These are all ways we use to describe ourselves and to attract "like minded" people.

I'm a legal officer dealing with personal injury, I've also been a college lecturer, do I have professional on my profile? No! I don't see the need, but I don't see anything sinister about those that do!

By *athnBobCouple  over a year ago

sandwell

I wonder if it is a case of inverted snobbery by those who decry the use of the term "professional" on others profiles?

If you don't like it then don't reply. We don't post a tirade of abuse about people who show dickhead cars (BMWs, Audies and pimped up cheapo novas and the like) in their profiles. We just don't respond

"I wonder if it is a case of inverted snobbery by those who decry the use of the term "professional" on others profiles?

If you don't like it then don't reply. We don't post a tirade of abuse about people who show dickhead cars (BMWs, Audies and pimped up cheapo novas and the like) in their profiles. We just don't respond "

Exactly what it is: inverted snobbery!

By *ensualfire88Man  over a year ago

Edinburgh

"Ill bump a thread up for you to read as these things tend to kick off "

You don't say!

Thinking of setting up a profile as a professional bisexual husband who is cheating on his wife.

Just for the banter.

By *unky monkeyMan  over a year ago

in the night garden

I'm a cowboy*

*An unprofessional professional.

I have said what I wanted to say in the other thread, so nothing more to add, except I am proud to be a professional, and if others object to me stating that in my profile, it is their problem, not mine!

It doesn't bother me if someone has it on their profile, I can't see the problem at all

By *ruitWoman  over a year ago

near kings lynn

On a dating site recent i noticed a very attractive man with professional on his profile and was well written.

I wrote to him saying he waa good looking and liked his profile lol.

The reply i got back was "hey toots. We are in different leagues"

Silly but this bothered me so i did reply telling gim that he must think alot of himself.

So i assumed as he was a.professional that a single mum who is a volunteer was.below him.

"On a dating site recent i noticed a very attractive man with professional on his profile and was well written.

I wrote to him saying he waa good looking and liked his profile lol.

The reply i got back was "hey toots. We are in different leagues"

Silly but this bothered me so i did reply telling gim that he must think alot of himself.

So i assumed as he was a.professional that a single mum who is a volunteer was.below him."

That's arrogance, and nothing to do with the fact he has professional on his profile.

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

"Thanks _ig bad, got half way through and wish I'd kept my mouth shut. Here endeth the thread lol "

Don't worry about it, you don't have to searh for threads before you post just in case it has been done before and the subject isn't banned from chatting about it

I couldn't care less what someone does for a living. I could be a professional fry cook. The professional means nothing as does when some bloke tells me what he's earns etc as if that's going to swing it for him.

I've met guys who are out of work they are out of work because of the economy not because they are work shy.

By *oDownEasyMan  over a year ago

Ayrshire

Im a professional..not sure if it's Bodie, or Doyle

More likely Cowley!

"I couldn't care less what someone does for a living. I could be a professional fry cook. The professional means nothing as does when some bloke tells me what he's earns etc as if that's going to swing it for him.

I've met guys who are out of work they are out of work because of the economy not because they are work shy."

I've never come across a "professional" that makes assumptions about people they wish to play with, but I've seen many "sexy" "attractive" "gym body" profiles that state "no uglies, no baboon buttom faces, no oooompah loompahs" etc...

So it seems only certain people are allowed to express their preferences on their profiles and big themselves up, but if you're professional you're comitting some cardinal sin in stating that!

Funny old world!

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

To be fair, the question was does it influence you in how you see people....it wasn't saying that people shouldn't be allowed to say it on their profile.

I think alot put it on their profile because they think no one will want to play with them if they don't.

What do we class as a professional though?

I could be a cleaning lady and very professional so can I put professional on my job?

I think and this is my opinion that people that put professional on their profile are snobs who do indeed think they are better then the others.

I've nothing on my profile reason for that is I'm not better then anybody else and they are not better then me.

» Add a new message to this topic