FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Semi-rant type question.... remember me?

Semi-rant type question.... remember me?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *he_original_polo OP   Woman  over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

I am curious about two things here really. The first is… does the following scenario also happen to guys (with gals) and couples (with other couples).

The scenario (semi-rant):

The amount of guys who message to say something along the lines of “Hi I spoke to you a while ago. Not had much time to be on here but now I am back” (sometimes with a new profile). The reality being you probably exchanged a couple of ‘hello’ messages about 4 months ago. After replying and explaining you can’t really remember them, they then either send no further message or send a stroppy message about how they obviously didn’t make a very good impression the first time…. and then stop messaging. *not to mention the contradiction of ‘if you don’t remember me you couldn’t have fancied me’ and the fact it is they who didn’t bother replying for god knows how many months… fuck me I should be throwing a strop every day!

Considering the number of people who send one or two messages and then vanish into the ether, I can’t remember every person I have ever replied to… though I am quite good at remembering photos. I tend to say if a photo looks familiar… which still results in the same communication termination (with or without the stroppy message).

Do people really think they are that unforgettable… on a contact site?

Which brings me to the second thing I am curious about…. would you be offended if someone honestly told you they didn’t remember who you were in the same situation?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

It is great being a Site Supporter as it enables me to keep track of who have previously contacted me before, and how long ago since they last messaged me.

This way, I can tell them the answer is still no!

And if the table is turned, I shan't be that vain to be annoyed!

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Oh yes all the bloody while. I think its just a ploy to get you into conversation as i never have any recolection of the guys some say oh its about 2 years ago!!!!!!!! or we used to speak on a different site!!!!!

I have had so many in the last couple of weeks, it’s starting to get annoying… the annoyance being their arrogance that a total stranger ‘should’ remember them.

Get them all the time, when we got our site supporter pass for free (when we were mods) we could see who'd messaged us and who hadn't, but now that it's expired we have to rely on memory (or pay for our supporter pass )

Good fun tho - even better when you string them along a wee while

And thats the reason God (or should that be the site) gave us the block button!

I just block 'em, simples!

"It is great being a Site Supporter as it enables me to keep track of who have previously contacted me before, and how long ago since they last messaged me.

And if the table is turned, I shan't be that vain to be annoyed! "

This is a very useful feature but also if one of those fools who writes for the first time saying we spoke a couple of months back you can tell them no we didn't.... theres no contact history between us.

Im like the OP I prefer a pic to prod my memory... but if we didn't get it on then, we won't get it on at a later date so all in all a pointless exercise of 'remember me'.

By *amschwingerzCouple  over a year ago

West

Its just a rouse to get their foot in the door end of...

Almost as bad (and boring) as ..'Hi we have just read your profile and like the look of it drop us a line to arrange a meet'...if they HAD read the profile they would do see we dont meet anyone..

Thank good for the block button in these instances..

By *ummy mummyWoman  over a year ago

southampton-ish

I recently had someone pop up on msn saying he was embarressed to say that he did not remember who I was and I said well that's ok as I do not remember you either...lol...when we exchanged pics again he remembered me but I still had no clue and he got all stroppy...turns out that we has chatted from AFF over 2YEARS ago!sorry...but how the hell am I supposed to remember a guy that I may have chatted to for a couple of months, about 2 1/2 years ago...lol

By *mumaWoman  over a year ago

Livingston

I had someone message me a couple of weeks ago that I couldn't for the life of me remember -and I had shagged him

Thankfully he didn't take offence and asked for a replay!

"I had someone message me a couple of weeks ago that I couldn't for the life of me remember -and I had shagged him

Thankfully he didn't take offence and asked for a replay!"

It's dark in some clubs......that's my excuse.

"Its just a rouse to get their foot in the door end of...

Almost as bad (and boring) as ..'Hi we have just read your profile and like the look of it drop us a line to arrange a meet'...if they HAD read the profile they would do see we dont meet anyone..

Thank good for the block button in these instances.."

I wish it was a rouse... but sadly it is not. They have mostly been people I have exchanged one or two messages with months prior... and they get stroppy because I can't remember anything about them.

"I wish it was a rouse... but sadly it is not. They have mostly been people I have exchanged one or two messages with months prior... and they get stroppy because I can't remember anything about them."

So many men, so little time....

Livingston

"I had someone message me a couple of weeks ago that I couldn't for the life of me remember -and I had shagged him

It's dark in some clubs......that's my excuse. "

if only Laine - it was my house lol

Thankfully he didn't take offence and asked for a replay!"

Years ago I had a guy sit next to me and started talking to me like he knew who I was... I got a bit freaked out when he knew my dog's name.... it turned out I use to go out with him

By *oDownEasyMan  over a year ago

Ayrshire

if only Laine - it was my house lol"

You must have been having too good a time to remember ALL the little minor details!

I will sometimes message people I have messaged ages ago, but to say hello at first instance-simply because I forget I have already done that once! I must be going senile! It's usually because they have added or changed their pictures, or revamped the profile.

I certainly wouldnt get the hump because someone didnt remember me..but then I dont talk to *that* many people here

I also get those messages and I try and blag it sometimes by wording my message in such a way as to not make them think ive no bloody idea who they are. Ive even had some who continue a conversation that we've had about 6 months ago.

It wouldnt offend me if someone didnt remember us.

By *aucy3Couple  over a year ago

glasgow

if only Laine - it was my house lol"

mmdil,you'll find this becoming,a more common occurrence,as you get older.

i'm at the age now,if i remember my name,it's a good day.

We had that the other week very strange saying we met months ago had to reply back and say we have been on here 3 weeks and never swung before, he replied back never mind still fancy a meet. Had to laugh

Livingston

i'm at the age now,if i remember my name,it's a good day. "

mddfil, I am going back the way and very very soon!!!!

"It is great being a Site Supporter as it enables me to keep track of who have previously contacted me before, and how long ago since they last messaged me.

And if the table is turned, I shan't be that vain to be annoyed! "

Doesn't work if it's a new profile! Even then I have a goldfish memory: can't recall conversations with loved one's let alone blokes on internet I may or may not of spoken to.

Have dozens of Steve's, Dave's, Grahame's, Neil's, Terry's, Pete's, Barry's, Richard's in my contacts: haven't a clue who most of them are and only people I've met have my number!

By *hocotreacleWoman  over a year ago

lost in the city of Atlantis

Has happened a few times, I simply say I don't remember you, I speak to too many poeple and if you dont make an impression you get forgotten.

Always happy to be reminded though.

By *aucy3Couple  over a year ago

glasgow

mddfil, I am going back the way and very very soon!!!! "

mmdil,it's not all bad.if you have a good day,they give you extra soup.in the care home.

By *irtyGirlWoman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Perfect timing!

I got a text today. No idea who the number is. Asked if they had the wrong number. Apparently not, no recollection of having given out my number to anyone lately. Checked my sent box, checked for the profile name... hasn't been logged in for over 90 days. WTF?!

No idea who he is. Does he seriously expect me to remember him? However, for me to have given him my number in the first place, he must have had something I liked. But why contact someone soooooo long after you'd spoken to them?! Weird!!

Livingston

mddfil, I am going back the way and very very soon!!!!

mmdil,it's not all bad.if you have a good day,they give you extra soup.in the care home. "

mddfil, don't be daft, that's your son's job to look after me in my dotage or I will be sending him back to you, and you don't want that

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

One guy messaged me about six months ago saying he new me from another site bla bla bla. I said i didnt know him, he said he had been to my house and described things that we had done He sent me a picture told me loads and loads and to this day i dont recall who he was and its rare for me to meet guys here that i either dont meet again or have lost touch with completely. I blocked him in the end.

By *ensual temptressWoman  over a year ago

Southampton

ohhh yes i soooooo love being a site member and seeing when last message was sent from the person ect! suddenly getting a message from a guy after months of silence . you ask em what theyve been up to(obviously im awear stuff happens and folks have real life priorities ) and they say "oh nothing " and they have no reason not for being on ,yet they are gobsmacked when i dont wish to continue talking . i simply point out there ARE people who talk regularly and make an effort and only fair i spend my time and energies talking with them .

just makes my choice easy .if they go off the radar for months just talking obviously not a good prospect then for a regular meet .as for rembering a person who does that .....ney chance lol ! id certainly wouldnt be vain enough to think anyone would remember me if i just sent a cpl of messages and then went awol for months lol !!

» Add a new message to this topic