FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Not smoking can be harmful,

Not smoking can be harmful,

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

E-Cig battery explodes in mans pocket...

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Dunno not smoking may cause me to harm others

"E-Cig battery explodes in mans pocket...

"

Yeah I heard about this.......A man called Nic o tine had his wily blew off by an exploding battery.

By *risky_MareWoman  over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

"There have been 22 such incidents reported since 2008, when these products hit the market, said Tom Kiklas of the Tobacco Vapor Electronic Cigarette Association. But, he says, that's a tiny number when you consider that 9 million Americans are using e-vapor products and recharging them daily.

"It's not so much an issue of the e-vapor product but with the lithium batteries they are using, and most are mismatched to the charger," Kiklas told CNN. Consumers, he said, use batteries or chargers other than what's recommended, and that can be the problem.

He added that consumers should not to put these products in their pockets because coins can short-circuit the lithium-ion battery when they rub against the device.

The association has recommended a warning for their members to place on device packaging that tells consumers to not modify the devices or any associated hardware; not use batteries, power cords or chargers not sold with the devices; and not "carry batteries in your pocket or allow batteries to come into contact with any metallic object. Doing any of the preceding may cause the user serious or deadly injury."

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

If you buy cheap, you get what you deserve.

"If you buy cheap, you get what you deserve."

I see that by your clothes lol

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"If you buy cheap, you get what you deserve."

Oi..... hey that's easy to say when its not your scrotum on the line ...

I mean goodness gracious great balls of fire .......

By *aneandpaulCouple  over a year ago

cleveleys

You should have told Roy Castle that

By *ire_bladeMan  over a year ago

Manchester

""There have been 22 such incidents reported since 2008, when these products hit the market, said Tom Kiklas of the Tobacco Vapor Electronic Cigarette Association. But, he says, that's a tiny number when you consider that 9 million Americans are using e-vapor products and recharging them daily.

"It's not so much an issue of the e-vapor product but with the lithium batteries they are using, and most are mismatched to the charger," Kiklas told CNN. Consumers, he said, use batteries or chargers other than what's recommended, and that can be the problem.

He added that consumers should not to put these products in their pockets because coins can short-circuit the lithium-ion battery when they rub against the device.

The association has recommended a warning for their members to place on device packaging that tells consumers to not modify the devices or any associated hardware; not use batteries, power cords or chargers not sold with the devices; and not "carry batteries in your pocket or allow batteries to come into contact with any metallic object. Doing any of the preceding may cause the user serious or deadly injury."

"

Surely all that's just Common sense or at least should be after all batteries aren't a new thing and like wyrd say you buy cheap you get nasty

What about wrong battery in a vibrator, yet to hear about a pussy that exploded

I have the first indications of smoking related lung disease.

Having never smoked even once, I blame my parents and pubs.

I saw the story too. It was a cheap e-cig and he used the wrong charger (the pen types should only really be charged from a PC/laptop USB port unless you have a regulated charger). Most batter mod manufacturers recommend that you use a proper external charger for your removable batteries to reduce any risks.

People who ignore this, don't read the instructions or leave their e-cig charging all night from a phone charger are asking for trouble.

By *erbycpl26Couple  over a year ago

lincoln

I'm a vaper and use the take out rechargeable batteries never had a problem with mine, it's just mindless idiots not looking after stuff and inadequate shops selling to people in the first place, you can buy battery cases for a couple of quid which will keep the batteries safe.

"What about wrong battery in a vibrator, yet to hear about a pussy that exploded"

A woman from primrose hill

Used dynamite sticks for a thrill

They found her vagina

In north Carolina

And bits of her tits in Brazil

By *r and mrs sanddancerCouple  over a year ago

BOLDON COLLIERY

personally I think all the danger warnings should be taken down and just let nature sort out the idiots

Darwin awards rule

"If you buy cheap, you get what you deserve.

I see that by your clothes lol"

Charmer

Ecigs are just the detonators, the day of the zombie apocalypse starts with the Ecigs setting off the phones which in turn detonates the tablets, and can you imagine the car batteries all going up in a chain reaction... course we are safe until there are enough electric cars

"Ecigs are just the detonators, the day of the zombie apocalypse starts with the Ecigs setting off the phones which in turn detonates the tablets, and can you imagine the car batteries all going up in a chain reaction... course we are safe until there are enough electric cars "

It all makes sense now!

By *eerobCouple  over a year ago

solihull

I bet more people have been killed or injured since 2008 by setting fire to something with a fag end.... Than e_cig injuries.

» Add a new message to this topic