FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > I'm surprised

I'm surprised

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *rcticFoxxx OP   Woman  over a year ago

Hereabouts

I'm not bald.

A stupid amount of my hair just falls out... and don't even get me started on how much falls out in the shower! fuck.

I must have awful hair!

Anyone else have this issue? Any solutuions? Aside from shaving it all off!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I moult LOADS and I convince myself every so often that I'm going bald but my hair is still as thick as ever. I've got in the habit of brushing through my hair thoroughly before washing it so not quite so much goes down the plug hole, and I don't really brush it between washes, just when I'm drying/curling/straightening it.

By *ichaelangelaCouple  over a year ago

notts

someone i know had this, turned out to be linked to a thyroid problem, check with your doctor

By *ecretgamesMan  over a year ago

the moon

The average amount of hair loss per day is over 100 hairs ... And that's across the board with men and women it's just usually more noticeable in women with long hair. Once your hair isn't "thinning" then it's just your hair going through its natural cycle and is a healthy sign as for each hair that falls out a new one replaces it.

By *irtyGirlWoman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Yes... stick it to the wall in the shower so that you don't have to fish it out the crack of your arse or the plughole!

By *igeiaWoman  over a year ago

Bristol

I swear my cat used to sick up hairballs made of my hair not hers; I moult so much. It's just really thick. I thought cutting it shorter might help but it just looks wider and still sheds as much.

I have androgenetic alopecia from having pcos.

I didn't realise it was so bad till a hairdresser (Not a friend) pointed it out.. I didn't often look at the back of my head.

I was inconsolable

It's an awful thing for a woman to lose her hair. I had long shiny dark brown hair before. And I had it all cut off and started wearing wigs and hats. Now I just dye it blonde.. less of a contrast between hair and scalp.

It's still not better after almost 2 years of androgen blockers.. I think it's gone too far.

Anyone struggling is welcome to pm me.. if you can't.. post here and I'll message you.

Hugs.

I have had that problem in the past and it still happens to a certain extent...

it calmed down when I was diagnosed with an underactive thyroid

By *igeiaWoman  over a year ago

Bristol

"Yes... stick it to the wall in the shower so that you don't have to fish it out the crack of your arse or the plughole! "

I do this.

"Yes... stick it to the wall in the shower so that you don't have to fish it out the crack of your arse or the plughole! "

My hair has always been the same..hate when washing so much comes out and gets everywhere! I've got lots of it though fortunately. ..also my thyroid is fine!

By *om and JennieCouple  over a year ago

Chams or Socials

"someone i know had this, turned out to be linked to a thyroid problem, check with your doctor"

I have this problem!!! Luckily my hair is very thick & I have lots of it. I have a hair trap & fill it twice every shower

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

"Yes... stick it to the wall in the shower so that you don't have to fish it out the crack of your arse or the plughole!

I do this. "

Me too but I still have to clear the trap(s).

I've come to the conclusion it's because of having thick hair. My hair was always really bad for this but when I got it thinned out a bit (so it's not quite so witchy looking) it's nowhere near as bad.

My thyriod is fine too.

Her

"someone i know had this, turned out to be linked to a thyroid problem, check with your doctor

I have this problem!!! Luckily my hair is very thick & I have lots of it. I have a hair trap & fill it twice every shower "

I have PCOS and under active thyroid and I didn't know hair loss was a symptom of either Luckily I still seem to have a lot of it.

"someone i know had this, turned out to be linked to a thyroid problem, check with your doctor

I have this problem!!! Luckily my hair is very thick & I have lots of it. I have a hair trap & fill it twice every shower

I have PCOS and under active thyroid and I didn't know hair loss was a symptom of either Luckily I still seem to have a lot of it. "

Do you have ovaries with cysts or the whole syndrome? Might be worth checking your testosterone.. if it's high then do what you can to lower it before it affects you. I've had it for about 25 years and it only affected me about 5 years ago. My testosterone was very very high for a woman.

Hereabouts

"I moult LOADS and I convince myself every so often that I'm going bald but my hair is still as thick as ever. I've got in the habit of brushing through my hair thoroughly before washing it so not quite so much goes down the plug hole, and I don't really brush it between washes, just when I'm drying/curling/straightening it. "

I might start brushing it before I wash it!

Hereabouts

"someone i know had this, turned out to be linked to a thyroid problem, check with your doctor"

I have an under active thyroid :-/

Hereabouts

"The average amount of hair loss per day is over 100 hairs ... And that's across the board with men and women it's just usually more noticeable in women with long hair. Once your hair isn't "thinning" then it's just your hair going through its natural cycle and is a healthy sign as for each hair that falls out a new one replaces it."

I lose more hair mass a day than my bf does in a week

Hereabouts

Butt hair! I might start wearing one of them child shower hats that keep the water out of their eyes as a tutu to keep it out of my bum crack!

I find it's easier to clean up if it's all in the plug hole

Hereabouts

"I swear my cat used to sick up hairballs made of my hair not hers; I moult so much. It's just really thick. I thought cutting it shorter might help but it just looks wider and still sheds as much."

My cat used to do that too :-/

Hereabouts

"I have androgenetic alopecia from having pcos.

I didn't realise it was so bad till a hairdresser (Not a friend) pointed it out.. I didn't often look at the back of my head.

I was inconsolable

It's an awful thing for a woman to lose her hair. I had long shiny dark brown hair before. And I had it all cut off and started wearing wigs and hats. Now I just dye it blonde.. less of a contrast between hair and scalp.

It's still not better after almost 2 years of androgen blockers.. I think it's gone too far.

Anyone struggling is welcome to pm me.. if you can't.. post here and I'll message you.

Hugs. "

I have pcos too :-/ I don't seem to have any bald patches but it feels like way too much falls out

Edinburgh

"Yes... stick it to the wall in the shower so that you don't have to fish it out the crack of your arse or the plughole!

Butt hair! I might start wearing one of them child shower hats that keep the water out of their eyes as a tutu to keep it out of my bum crack!

I find it's easier to clean up if it's all in the plug hole"

I just can't do it... makes me boak pulling it out of the plughole. It's much easier to wipe it off the wall with a piece of loo roll.

This is why I'll never shag a man with long hair... I know how much of mine ends up in my crack... the thought of that on a bloke is far from sexy!

Double standards much?!

Hereabouts

"I have had that problem in the past and it still happens to a certain extent...

it calmed down when I was diagnosed with an underactive thyroid "

I'm shit with medication.. I keep forgetting to take mine because it doesn't make me feel any different.. Maybe it'll help with the hair loss if I take the meds!

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

I moult loads and I still have loads of hair...it's so bloody thick

Hereabouts

"My hair has always been the same..hate when washing so much comes out and gets everywhere! I've got lots of it though fortunately. ..also my thyroid is fine!"

I keep mine tied up constantly otherwise it gets in the food, wrapped around the bfs cock , all over my clothes and the sofa. It's gross! Yet it's never ending! Must have magic hair follicles that just sprout a new full length hair haha

[Removed by poster at 25/02/16 22:07:58]

Hereabouts

I have this problem!!! Luckily my hair is very thick & I have lots of it. I have a hair trap & fill it twice every shower "

Hair trap! Genius! I need one. Do they work under a plug though?

I had this and it was my thyroid, worth asking x

[Removed by poster at 25/02/16 22:09:08]

Hereabouts

I do this.

Me too but I still have to clear the trap(s). "

I'm only replying to this because I've replied to everyone else and I don't wanna look like a bitch even though there's not much to say that I've not already said

I find it's easier to clean up if it's all in the plug hole"

Pmsl!

By *anky_PankyWoman  over a year ago

Filthy Fuckeryville

My son was eating a home made burger tonight and told me I need to start wearing a hair net.

Said whilst pulling a long pink hair from his mouth......

I got a almost baldpatch last year i hadnt even realised it. I blamed stress but my nutisionist thinks i need my thyroid checking xx

Its thickned up loads since ive been on beta glucans though xx

Cant type today grrr lol

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

"I have pcos too :-/ I don't seem to have any bald patches but it feels like way too much falls out "

It can cause just overall thinning. Keep and eye on it

Hereabouts

"I've come to the conclusion it's because of having thick hair. My hair was always really bad for this but when I got it thinned out a bit (so it's not quite so witchy looking) it's nowhere near as bad.

My thyriod is fine too.

Her"

Mines got worse as it's got thinner

Hereabouts

I have PCOS and under active thyroid and I didn't know hair loss was a symptom of either Luckily I still seem to have a lot of it. "

We learn something new every day I didn't know either!

"The average amount of hair loss per day is over 100 hairs ... And that's across the board with men and women it's just usually more noticeable in women with long hair. Once your hair isn't "thinning" then it's just your hair going through its natural cycle and is a healthy sign as for each hair that falls out a new one replaces it."

Hereabouts

I just can't do it... makes me boak pulling it out of the plughole. It's much easier to wipe it off the wall with a piece of loo roll.

This is why I'll never shag a man with long hair... I know how much of mine ends up in my crack... the thought of that on a bloke is far from sexy!

Double standards much?! "

My first boyfriend had long hair and when he hit puberty his back was like a rug... So long hair tangled in back hair

Hereabouts

"I moult loads and I still have loads of hair...it's so bloody thick "

I think we all have magical hair!

Edinburgh

Double standards much?!

My first boyfriend had long hair and when he hit puberty his back was like a rug... So long hair tangled in back hair "

I just sicked a bit in my mouth then!

I was fearing I was losing loads in the shower then I switched to that alpecin? German caffeine shampoo and wow!!!

My hair is fuller - no malting and amazing difference!!! Plus volume conditioner helps as well xx I get it from tesco xx

Hereabouts

Double standards much?!

My first boyfriend had long hair and when he hit puberty his back was like a rug... So long hair tangled in back hair

I just sicked a bit in my mouth then! "

lmao sorry xD

Hereabouts

"I was fearing I was losing loads in the shower then I switched to that alpecin? German caffeine shampoo and wow!!!

My hair is fuller - no malting and amazing difference!!! Plus volume conditioner helps as well xx I get it from tesco xx "

Sales alert I'll give it a go

tgnd.. pleaseeeer take your meds!! long term neglect will destroy you!

i take 1000mg a day and my blood wont absorb thyroxine properly. ive had issues for 6 years now. id love to feel energy. it strips you of everything.

just please take the meds..

Hereabouts

"tgnd.. pleaseeeer take your meds!! long term neglect will destroy you!

i take 1000mg a day and my blood wont absorb thyroxine properly. ive had issues for 6 years now. id love to feel energy. it strips you of everything.

just please take the meds.. "

I already rattle from painkillers so I suppose one more tablet won't hurt! I just have a shit memory. Especially cos my doc said to take it as soon as I get up and I'm least functional at that time of day lol

"I was fearing I was losing loads in the shower then I switched to that alpecin? German caffeine shampoo and wow!!!

My hair is fuller - no malting and amazing difference!!! Plus volume conditioner helps as well xx I get it from tesco xx "

All I'll say is check the side effects.. for those with pcos may not want to add to another problem... but which is a lesser of two evils?

By *innamon!Woman  over a year ago

no matter

alopecia or perhaps an underactive thyroid. Are you eating properly ?

I try. Any advice?

I wish I had this issue. I have way more hair on my head than any person should. Thick hair is a nightmare.

-Courtney

My hair is fuller - no malting and amazing difference!!! Plus volume conditioner helps as well xx I get it from tesco xx

All I'll say is check the side effects.. for those with pcos may not want to add to another problem... but which is a lesser of two evils? "

Shouldn't be any side effects. If you read some of the reviews for Alpecin, some get a tingling sensation on the scalp, and some seem to lose hair initially but that then reduces to very few. However, it doesn't work for everyone. There is also Plantur which seems to be a female equivalent.

By *rinking-in-laCouple  over a year ago

Bristol

It is bloody natural, everyone loses lots and lots of hair. It is not a problem and lets not go freaking people out, goodness me.

I have masses of hairloss, but it isnt noticable as i have extremely thick curly hair.

As said previously, could be a number of things.

Thyroid, pcos, or even down to medication, if you are taking any!!

May want to see your GP

Hugs x

Bristol

"I have masses of hairloss, but it isnt noticable as i have extremely thick curly hair.

May want to see your GP

Hugs x"

It could also just be that you are normal and overreacting to normality. God forbid

Hereabouts

"I have masses of hairloss, but it isnt noticable as i have extremely thick curly hair.

May want to see your GP

Hugs x

It could also just be that you are normal and overreacting to normality. God forbid "

Chill, I'm not worried just frustrated

I already rattle from painkillers so I suppose one more tablet won't hurt! I just have a shit memory. Especially cos my doc said to take it as soon as I get up and I'm least functional at that time of day lol "

Get yourself a dosset box and put it by your bed hopefully that will help you to remember to take them

By *ub_liminalTVTV/TS  over a year ago

Belfast

[Removed by poster at 26/02/16 02:07:52]

By *ub_liminalTVTV/TS  over a year ago

Belfast

"I'm not bald.

A stupid amount of my hair just falls out... and don't even get me started on how much falls out in the shower! fuck.

I must have awful hair!

Anyone else have this issue? Any solutuions? Aside from shaving it all off!"

Chemical processing and styling can play a role in hair loss. Sodium lauryl sulfate / ammonium lauryl Sulfate (common detergents that are present in almost all shampoo) are very harsh on the scalp and hair fibre but when combined with permanent dye chemicals and styling routines (blow dry, straightening irons) it can lead to increased loss. Hormonal Birth control can also play a role.

Chances are you're probably fine and your hair being very long ; the strands you're noticing being shed are probably old ones and in proportion .

Dietary steps such as essential fatty acids, b vitamin rich foodstuffs, zinc can all improve growth and overall health, apparently .

If you're worried you're shedding and unusual amount you should consult your GP and have a general once over.

Good luck.

I already rattle from painkillers so I suppose one more tablet won't hurt! I just have a shit memory. Especially cos my doc said to take it as soon as I get up and I'm least functional at that time of day lol "

Shit memory?.. a symptom of Hypothyroidism... read up some more on the illness,, you will be surprised how many things it effects.

Take the tabs,, you'll start to feel better and fingers crossed your other conditions might improve too. Like someone said get a pill box. Get Christos to even do it for you

Bristol

May want to see your GP

Hugs x

It could also just be that you are normal and overreacting to normality. God forbid

Chill, I'm not worried just frustrated"

That is fine, it is the overwrought "you have two weeks left, go see your priest" responses which need a little more thought.

See your Dr, mine fell out and is very thin through stress .

I already rattle from painkillers so I suppose one more tablet won't hurt! I just have a shit memory. Especially cos my doc said to take it as soon as I get up and I'm least functional at that time of day lol

Shit memory?.. a symptom of Hypothyroidism... read up some more on the illness,, you will be surprised how many things it effects.

Take the tabs,, you'll start to feel better and fingers crossed your other conditions might improve too. Like someone said get a pill box. Get Christos to even do it for you "

I'll get it all wrong pill box is definitely a good idea

"I'm not bald.

I must have awful hair!

Anyone else have this issue? Any solutuions? Aside from shaving it all off!"

Tressame hair repair xx

» Add a new message to this topic