FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Negativity

Negativity

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *rtemisia OP   Woman  over a year ago

Norwich

If this is all I read in a profile, a huge list of don'ts, all written in an arrogant way, I find myself thinking that I would never want to meet that person. Who else finds hostile profiles a turn off, no matter how pretty the pictures?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"If this is all I read in a profile, a huge list of don'ts, all written in an arrogant way, I find myself thinking that I would never want to meet that person. Who else finds hostile profiles a turn off, no matter how pretty the pictures?"

By *r ManxMan  over a year ago

NeverWhere

If you don't have a positive out look why bother

Very long profiles and a list of donts isn't a good read..... in fact I would rarely get past the first paragraph but i understand why they write them because theyre sick of idiots not reading probably their first nice profile and were incensed to write more but it does come across negative .

"If this is all I read in a profile, a huge list of don'ts, all written in an arrogant way, I find myself thinking that I would never want to meet that person. Who else finds hostile profiles a turn off, no matter how pretty the pictures?"

We do , and have turned down countless meets with negative profiles .

It's all about the fun and with a profile oozing don't do this , don't do that , etc..... We just ignore them .

By *olgateMan  over a year ago

on the road to nowhere in particular

Do I need to rewrite my profile?

I find negative profiles very off putting.

A few words in and I'm like... "Next!!"

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?

Its hard to get the balance right though, we started off all nice but got messages mainly from people we werent interested in, so added no's and don'ts but it gradually got very negative and arsy lol.

We've tried to make it less lengthy now and kept to the point and atm it seems to be working, but only a low percentage of people messaging have read ut anyway so does it matter in the end?

[Removed by poster at 25/02/16 12:41:44]

By *r missCouple  over a year ago

south wales

"Do I need to rewrite my profile?"

Mr here. That idea on your profile of sitting in a dark dingy bar drinking and watching the world go by sounds right up my street lol.

As you were...

I try to give an over view of what I am seeking in as friendly and light hearted a manner as poss, mainly as I am a friendly light hearted kinda gal.

If I read a profile full of ranty demands that requires me to jump through seventeen hoops prior to even sending a message I reason they're not for me, and ipso facto I'm not for them.

Fab is meant to be fun and enjoyable after all.

I find women are more likely to have negative profiles,it makes me glad I'm not a man

yeah, and especially when they moan about not getting replies and go on to say it's rude not to reply to messages, i refuse to reply to those people.

By *ankedMan  over a year ago

Suffolk

"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?

"

Go for it Oddball

Yep, puts me right off, some people take this way too seriously and are far too negative. I like people to be happy, confident and light hearted. I can understand the frustrations on here that drive some people to have profiles like the OP explains but there is a way of putting things to still be appealing.

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

Tbh I have considered putting a list on my profile purely because it's clear to me that hardly any guys read it anyway!! However, I haven't because I know it can come across like you are up your own arse, which I am not. I like to think my profile comes across as friendly but still gets my point across

By *ankedMan  over a year ago

Suffolk

"Tbh I have considered putting a list on my profile purely because it's clear to me that hardly any guys read it anyway!! However, I haven't because I know it can come across like you are up your own arse, which I am not. I like to think my profile comes across as friendly but still gets my point across "

Yes, my lady, it is quite friendly and people who actually read it will totally get the point. X

YES !!!! Happens a lot... makes me laugh especially when they give a list of You must not do.... so and so... you WILL be this ... and WONT do that... In CAPITALS !!!@... when you read the profile she's a sub seeking a DOM..... LOL...

"YES !!!! Happens a lot... makes me laugh especially when they give a list of You must not do.... so and so... you WILL be this ... and WONT do that... In CAPITALS !!!@... when you read the profile she's a sub seeking a DOM..... LOL..."

Subs can still have preferences like anyone my lovely.

Yeah... Infuriating... especially when they say ... you Will do this and Will be so and so... and will not tolerate .... only to find they are SUB !!!!....

me lots of women's profiles are like this ,I move along

By *piritsonfabCouple  over a year ago

Nottingham

Subs aren't doormats and can have limits. .. but I agree a negative demanding tone doesn't give a positive impression

"Tbh I have considered putting a list on my profile purely because it's clear to me that hardly any guys read it anyway!! However, I haven't because I know it can come across like you are up your own arse, which I am not. I like to think my profile comes across as friendly but still gets my point across "

It is friendly my dear. I too have considered scrapping my profile altogether as it apparently escapes people what my choices are. Was mainly thinking of changing it to "blonde, big boobs, long legs, fanny; drop me a line, ya never know".

"Tbh I have considered putting a list on my profile purely because it's clear to me that hardly any guys read it anyway!! However, I haven't because I know it can come across like you are up your own arse, which I am not. I like to think my profile comes across as friendly but still gets my point across

It is friendly my dear. I too have considered scrapping my profile altogether as it apparently escapes people what my choices are. Was mainly thinking of changing it to "blonde, big boobs, long legs, fanny; drop me a line, ya never know". "

hey sounds good to me but expect you get plenty of messages without the profile

When I look at a profile, I'm looking for things that make me sit up and take notice, I know women get kits if messages, I know that women want mire than a fancy a fuck message, what I'm looking for is something different, and what they DO want, I read one profile that did nothing more than say what they didn't want, and they spent do much time in that that they first to say what they were looking for

We have a positive list and a negative list. I think it shows clearly what we seek and don't. But the shouty demanding ones who TYPE LIKE THIS can go get fucked. Or not.

"We have a positive list and a negative list. I think it shows clearly what we seek and don't. But the shouty demanding ones who TYPE LIKE THIS can go get fucked. Or not."

I like your profile, its well balanced, and you're both attractive people, may I suggest joining fab beards,

Am not sure mine gives much information at all

But reading through profiles I've noticed most are straight to the point

Totally puts me off. I find the negativity so unnecessary. If you're that offended by all the messages you're receiving from unsuitable people, so much so that you're ok with turning your profile into a diatribe against mankind, then why not just put filters on and message those you like yourself.

If I get a hint of a profile reading like a list of donts and dislikes I give it a wide berth, even if I meet their criteria and they mine. I'd struggle to enjoy myself with people who suck the fun out of everything that much.

I personally just wanna have a bit of fun with some naughty ladies... Havin more luck in the real world than on here like but I haven't any public pics so can't really judge. And I'm also aware I'm not technically a swinger as I'm single.. but I'm findin my feet on here a little.. Like in life some people are neg, some people are not... Even the guys who message me thinking I may be for turning will testify that I always say thanks.... But no thanks... No point bein a nobhead in my opinion.. Each to their own

By *olgateMan  over a year ago

on the road to nowhere in particular

"Do I need to rewrite my profile?

Mr here. That idea on your profile of sitting in a dark dingy bar drinking and watching the world go by sounds right up my street lol.

As you were..."

Cheryl Crows fault there was this giant car wash, it was one Tuesday around noon and we were drinking beer...

"Do I need to rewrite my profile?

As you were...

Cheryl Crows fault there was this giant car wash, it was one Tuesday around noon and we were drinking beer..."

Said the guy next to me outa nowhere?

Negativity is always a turn off, on a profile it tends too reflect either a lack of confidence, shallowness or a tendency too be rude and arrogant in my experiennce, but as with everything i try not too prejudge someone especially on the internet where written form can be limited in projecting the intended tone of a statement.

"Yep, puts me right off, some people take this way too seriously and are far too negative. I like people to be happy, confident and light hearted. I can understand the frustrations on here that drive some people to have profiles like the OP explains but there is a way of putting things to still be appealing."

I don't want to meet negative people. Mood hoovers aren't at all sexy.

"Totally puts me off. I find the negativity so unnecessary. If you're that offended by all the messages you're receiving from unsuitable people, so much so that you're ok with turning your profile into a diatribe against mankind, then why not just put filters on and message those you like yourself.

If I get a hint of a profile reading like a list of donts and dislikes I give it a wide berth, even if I meet their criteria and they mine. I'd struggle to enjoy myself with people who suck the fun out of everything that much. "

"Totally puts me off. I find the negativity so unnecessary. If you're that offended by all the messages you're receiving from unsuitable people, so much so that you're ok with turning your profile into a diatribe against mankind, then why not just put filters on and message those you like yourself.

If I get a hint of a profile reading like a list of donts and dislikes I give it a wide berth, even if I meet their criteria and they mine. I'd struggle to enjoy myself with people who suck the fun out of everything that much.

"

This personality and fun are top of my lust

My do's are plentiful and my don't s mininal.

"Very long profiles and a list of donts isn't a good read..... in fact I would rarely get past the first paragraph but i understand why they write them because theyre sick of idiots not reading probably their first nice profile and were incensed to write more but it does come across negative ."

By *oxiAnneWoman  over a year ago

Not on a Hot Gin Roof :/

Can't say I've ever seen a mans profile with a list of 'dont's' on it.

But I agree a hostile, long, ranty profile would be extremely off putting.

By *ruegent101Man  over a year ago

down by the river side

Everyone likes what they like, each to their own and all that but some peoples dislikes outweigh the called likes they have, Kind of off putting to be fair

"I personally just wanna have a bit of fun with some naughty ladies... Havin more luck in the real world than on here like but I haven't any public pics so can't really judge. And I'm also aware I'm not technically a swinger as I'm single.. but I'm findin my feet on here a little.. Like in life some people are neg, some people are not... Even the guys who message me thinking I may be for turning will testify that I always say thanks.... But no thanks... No point bein a nobhead in my opinion.. Each to their own"

Good man!

Norwich

"Very long profiles and a list of donts isn't a good read..... in fact I would rarely get past the first paragraph but i understand why they write them because theyre sick of idiots not reading probably their first nice profile and were incensed to write more but it does come across negative ."

Idiots fire off messages like poorly aimed arrows which will always fail to hit the spot. But if a pleasing individual should happen to see a profile picture they like, to then be met with a profile which kind of reads like kiss my ass people, must surely be a disappointment ...

"We have a positive list and a negative list. I think it shows clearly what we seek and don't. But the shouty demanding ones who TYPE LIKE THIS can go get fucked. Or not.

I like your profile, its well balanced, and you're both attractive people, may I suggest joining fab beards, "

Well thank you very much

Couldn't agree more with this thread! Having preferences and likes/dislikes is fine, but if they're written in an aggressive, confrontational way I've got no interest in meeting (or even talking to) those people. There are ways of telling others what you do and don't want in a friendly, positive way.

Norwich

"Couldn't agree more with this thread! Having preferences and likes/dislikes is fine, but if they're written in an aggressive, confrontational way I've got no interest in meeting (or even talking to) those people. There are ways of telling others what you do and don't want in a friendly, positive way."

Glad it's not just me.

I just dont get it! Why dont they say what they DO LIKE rather that what they dont! It makes me perceive them as having a general negative outlook, rather THE GLASS HALF FULL!

Jayxxx

I love reading the Negative Nancy's....they make me chuckle!

I do understand why women in particular have negative profiles.

It all stems from the fucking crap, shitty messages men send.

I'm horny, suck my dick now.

I don't like messages asking me to come suck your dick now.

I have some no's in my profile but they're ignored most of the time.

I don't have the major requirement on my profile which is a face pic because to me that is common courtesy and is a good filter.

» Add a new message to this topic