FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Bra wires!

Bra wires!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Yet again I've just been stabbed in the arm pit by another bra wire coming out! I suppose it could have been worse once on a night out I was chatting to a guy and I thought he was looking at my amazing cleavage to go to the loos and find a bra wire under my chin it doesn't matter what bras cheap or expensive it always eventually happens! Anyone else have this problem??

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ee VianteWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in North Norfolk

Yes

I bought some small rubber tips used in kite making, put one on the end of the wire, stuff it back in and sew it up now.

They actually make little caps with hooks on the sides, designed for exactly this type of repair. Unfortunately, the girders in my scaffolded bras are too thick for them to fit on, (hence buying the rubber tips instead).

By *ENDAROOSCouple  over a year ago

South West London / Surrey

Yes and it drives me nuts!

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I have the same problem.

My mum says it's because I shouldn't wash them in a machine. Hand wash only

"Yes

I bought some small rubber tips used in kite making, put one on the end of the wire, stuff it back in and sew it up now.

They actually make little caps with hooks on the sides, designed for exactly this type of repair. Unfortunately, the girders in my scaffolded bras are too thick for them to fit on, (hence buying the rubber tips instead)."

My sewing is shit! I'm gunna Google them tho and give them to me mum to do lol x

"I have the same problem.

"

I hand wash mine, (they've broken two washing machines), and it still happens.

It's hard being a woman

By *irty Girty From No 30Woman  over a year ago

Burbage

They just dont make quality like they did in the old days

Yes I'm a fellow sufferer here, my worst embarresment was on the beach in Palma last year when it happen with my bikini! No hiding that one beneath a top

By *atietvsheffTV/TS  over a year ago

Sheffield

Not just a thing that happens to real women I can tell ya!!!!!!!!!

[Removed by poster at 23/02/16 16:43:30]

Happens loads. Grr I've even snapped a wire in half once just bending over pmsl!

Especially when its your favourite bra .

A lingerie manufacturer once told me its because a lot of them use the same size wire for several cup sizes to save money.

"I have the same problem.

"

I lost one out my fave bra last week. I'm fed up of them x cheap or expensive dnt matter. only had one snap on me in my Anne summers bra wasn't happy xx marie

By *o30Woman  over a year ago

Lincoln

I've had a wire snap or "pop" while at work. Had to ask the boss (luckily a woman) for her little sewing kit , nipped to the loo to fix it

The only bras ive had that dont seem to do this are per una m&s

Yep I've had it - I couldn't work out why my left side was hurting then found the wire sticking in me. Was in the office that day so couldn't do anything about it for hours.

Mind you - then it's an excuse for more bra buying ! I do like buying bras.

Sarah

I'm glad it's not just me then! The thing is it really hurts I wonder if anyone have ever claimed compensation? Especially if you have fake boobs it could pop one of them bad boys!! I dont hand wash anything I'm a bit crap like that! X

Yes me to . Know matter how much I pay. So annoying xx

By *irtyGirlWoman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

I took mine off at midday today.

I'm still at work.

By *igeiaWoman  over a year ago

Bristol

It happens and mine always seems to go in the front and poke into my shirt or top to create a boob tent I don't notice for ages. Had one break in half once underneath as well and spent all day at work with lopsided boobs as a result. It actually saddens me when it's a favourite bra.

"I took mine off at midday today.

I'm still at work. "

I wish I could go out without a bra.

I'm not even comfortable at home without one most of the time.

By *els01Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

Mine went again today - even more annoying cos I thought it had been fixed!! Sucks!! Xxx

By *o30Woman  over a year ago

Lincoln

I'm still at work. "

wish I could. It's rather noticeable if I go without a bra

Edinburgh

I'm still at work.

I wish I could go out without a bra.

I'm not even comfortable at home without one most of the time. "

Fortunately Gravity has been kind to me so far!

Edinburgh

I'm still at work. wish I could. It's rather noticeable if I go without a bra "

I won't be running for the bus anytime soon!

Without a bra my bust size goes down because my boobs tuck neatly against my knees

"Yet again I've just been stabbed in the arm pit by another bra wire coming out! I suppose it could have been worse once on a night out I was chatting to a guy and I thought he was looking at my amazing cleavage to go to the loos and find a bra wire under my chin it doesn't matter what bras cheap or expensive it always eventually happens! Anyone else have this problem?? "

Yes i have permanent bruises/marks under my arms where they consistently stab me. Fucks me right off.

"Yes

They actually make little caps with hooks on the sides, designed for exactly this type of repair. Unfortunately, the girders in my scaffolded bras are too thick for them to fit on, (hence buying the rubber tips instead)."

Where the hell do you buy these?! Can I send my bar repairs to you?

"Yes

They actually make little caps with hooks on the sides, designed for exactly this type of repair. Unfortunately, the girders in my scaffolded bras are too thick for them to fit on, (hence buying the rubber tips instead).

Where the hell do you buy these?! Can I send my bar repairs to you? "

The rubber tips or the purpose made plastic ones?

And no! I hate doing mine enough.

For the plastic tips search for item 321450617591 on a popular auction site.

Be aware only narrow underwires will fit those though. The thick ones used for large cup sizes are too big.

If anyone wants me to find a link for the rubber tips, it'll have to wait until I'm on a proper computer rather than my 'phone.

I was at work when one of mine came out ,my friends laughed at the size of them

By *tretchygirl and tintinWoman  over a year ago

Dartford

I was teaching a really small group of students and I heard mine pop. It had snapped in the middle and come out at the side.

"It happens and mine always seems to go in the front and poke into my shirt or top to create a boob tent I don't notice for ages. Had one break in half once underneath as well and spent all day at work with lopsided boobs as a result. It actually saddens me when it's a favourite bra. "

I feel your pain, was very sad indeed when my favourite bra departed to the great lingerie drawer in the sky. Although I have to say all the ones I've bought from Bravissimo (other ample hooter emporiums are available) have stood up to the challenge of supporting The Twins marvellously and no annoying little pin bruises from evil under wire demons.

Had numerous wires either snap or make a break for freedom and yes even M&S ones. Got so fed up with it I recently bought 2 non underwired bras to try for everyday use and I don't know I am wearing them they are soooo comfortable. . Still have what I call my play underwired bras tho but they rarely get worn.

By *ub_liminalTVTV/TS  over a year ago

Belfast

"Yet again I've just been stabbed in the arm pit by another bra wire coming out! I suppose it could have been worse once on a night out I was chatting to a guy and I thought he was looking at my amazing cleavage to go to the loos and find a bra wire under my chin it doesn't matter what bras cheap or expensive it always eventually happens! Anyone else have this problem?? "

Have you tried that ah bra thingy?

It supposed to look ugly as fuck on and squashes everything inward. No wires though and if aesthetics aren't top priority, might do the trick.

"Yet again I've just been stabbed in the arm pit by another bra wire coming out! I suppose it could have been worse once on a night out I was chatting to a guy and I thought he was looking at my amazing cleavage to go to the loos and find a bra wire under my chin it doesn't matter what bras cheap or expensive it always eventually happens! Anyone else have this problem??

It supposed to look ugly as fuck on and squashes everything inward. No wires though and if aesthetics aren't top priority, might do the trick."

They don't go up to my size and the amount of support a bra like that offers is minimal.

They'd be no good at all for top heavy women.

"Yet again I've just been stabbed in the arm pit by another bra wire coming out! I suppose it could have been worse once on a night out I was chatting to a guy and I thought he was looking at my amazing cleavage to go to the loos and find a bra wire under my chin it doesn't matter what bras cheap or expensive it always eventually happens! Anyone else have this problem??

It supposed to look ugly as fuck on and squashes everything inward. No wires though and if aesthetics aren't top priority, might do the trick."

I've got a few of them seamless bras for in the house. You know just in case someone pops round unexpected and I dont want me nipples poking out the bottom of my top kinda thing! cos we all know after a long day as soon as it's in the house its bras off! Funny enough the only bras I have that haven't had the wire come out are them ugly flesh coloured ones that are strictly no show! I might dig em out! Haha x

"Yes and it drives me nuts!

"

+1

S

I used to all the frigging time, but since wearing the correct size and hand washing my bras, it hasn't happened to me for years now.

Yes I've had it happen a lot too.

It happened to a really pretty bra I'd only worn twice. I took the wire out, leaving the other wire intact and thought it might be ok. It looked like I'd got diagonal boobs, very annoying. It's always nice bras too.

It's never happened to me.

I always have my boobs measured though and most of my bras are from M n S and can be machine washed.

By *ivemeyoursoulWoman  over a year ago

Easter just around the corner!

Think it's only happened once or twice,maybe that's a positive for having little boobs

"It's never happened to me.

I always have my boobs measured though and most of my bras are from M n S and can be machine washed."

The bra I loved and wore twice when the wire came out was from M & S. I've also had a few Debenhams bras do it. I don't buy cheap bras because they don't have my size. I've certainly not found its only from a certain store.

By *osieWoman  over a year ago

Wembley

Nope; I don't wear a bra; except a sports bra at the gym

I always have my boobs measured though and most of my bras are from M n S and can be machine washed.

The bra I loved and wore twice when the wire came out was from M & S. I've also had a few Debenhams bras do it. I don't buy cheap bras because they don't have my size. I've certainly not found its only from a certain store. "

Did you take it back ? They like to know when their garments have problems plus they would give you a replacement.

I do buy cheap bras as M n S have some cheapish ones and i also buy from their more expensive ranges too.

I have very large boobs and no other shop makes any bras that fit me properly so i buy most from there.

i was in the shops and curiosity int to me.. I took one off the rack and fiddled on with the bra strap and pinged off, hitting me in the face.. Got bra strap injury to my face

By *empting Devil.Woman  over a year ago

Sheffield

None of my Freya bras have ever done this. I think it happened in a Debenhams own brand one once though.

"Yet again I've just been stabbed in the arm pit by another bra wire coming out! I suppose it could have been worse once on a night out I was chatting to a guy and I thought he was looking at my amazing cleavage to go to the loos and find a bra wire under my chin it doesn't matter what bras cheap or expensive it always eventually happens! Anyone else have this problem?? i was in the shops and curiosity int to me.. I took one off the rack and fiddled on with the bra strap and pinged off, hitting me in the face.. Got bra strap injury to my face "

Are you from the Christmas episode of Father Ted?

"Yet again I've just been stabbed in the arm pit by another bra wire coming out! I suppose it could have been worse once on a night out I was chatting to a guy and I thought he was looking at my amazing cleavage to go to the loos and find a bra wire under my chin it doesn't matter what bras cheap or expensive it always eventually happens! Anyone else have this problem?? i was in the shops and curiosity int to me.. I took one off the rack and fiddled on with the bra strap and pinged off, hitting me in the face.. Got bra strap injury to my face

Are you from the Christmas episode of Father Ted?"

yep lol .. Brill episode that

By *trawberry-popWoman  over a year ago

South East Midlands NOT

I've not had this happen for a while, but I suspect it's due to weight loss. I haven't changed my bra size so I guess there's less strain and they probably fit me properly now!

Also for washing I used a laundry bag. More to protect my washing machine 'just in case' and I only ever use a short economy wash so they don't get bashed around for long!

By *riskynriskyCouple  over a year ago

Essex.

"Yes

My sewing is shit! I'm gunna Google them tho and give them to me mum to do lol x "

They shouldn't need sewing in. The little hooks/barbs push in but stop it coming back out...

I saw it on Dragons Den...

Risky.

Yes, it's a pain in the backside!

"Yes

My sewing is shit! I'm gunna Google them tho and give them to me mum to do lol x

They shouldn't need sewing in. The little hooks/barbs push in but stop it coming back out...

I saw it on Dragons Den...

Risky."

As above though, the widgets didn't work for my bras. I had to use rubber tips used in kite making, which did need sewing in.

By *irceWoman  over a year ago

Gloucester

Needle cotton and that works for me, preventing the known by using some sowing

The bra I loved and wore twice when the wire came out was from M & S. I've also had a few Debenhams bras do it. I don't buy cheap bras because they don't have my size. I've certainly not found its only from a certain store.

Did you take it back ? They like to know when their garments have problems plus they would give you a replacement.

I do buy cheap bras as M n S have some cheapish ones and i also buy from their more expensive ranges too.

I have very large boobs and no other shop makes any bras that fit me properly so i buy most from there."

No I never bothered but I should have done, because you're right, if they know theres a problem then they can try and solve it.

I have very large boobs and no other shop makes any bras that fit me properly so i buy most from there.

No I never bothered but I should have done, because you're right, if they know theres a problem then they can try and solve it. "

Indeed

All the fucking time! Lol it came to the point I just thought I was heavy busted but it pisses me off lol

» Add a new message to this topic