FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Argan oil advice please

Argan oil advice please

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Over the past two-three months I've been getting really bad dandruff and brittle hair,although I have a full head of hair its doesn't seen to be as healthy as it once was,when I wash my hair it seem's to break very easily,I've tried many different dandruff shampoo's but with no luck so far,I've read up about Moroccan Argan Oil which sounds promising,have any of you ladies or gentleman out there tried it and what do you think about it?

Cheers

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

How do you know your hair is breaking? If you see hairs in the shower then it's normal hair loss. Give your hair a break from washing for a week and see what the natural oils do - if you use a too strong shampoo it can strip away natural oils from your scalp and make the problem worse.

It doesn't seem to be full lengths of hair,maybe just half of hair length,I wash it because i get a incredibly itchy and burning sensation which at the minute is very discomforting.

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

You need to find the cause before you treat the symptoms.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I see Aldi are selling Argan shampoos etc this week.

Argan oil is great! We recently came back from Morocco and bought a couple bottles back x

"Argan oil is great! We recently came back from Morocco and bought a couple bottles back x"

Have you found it to strengthen your hair?would it halp with skin conditions like dandruff or is it just to strengthen hair?

By *obbytupperMan  over a year ago

Menston near Ilkley

When I worked on the cruise ships we used to get affected by the constant salty air and countered it using pure aloe vera, which you can use straight from the plant or buy at chemists.

"I see Aldi are selling Argan shampoos etc this week."

Cheers I'll call in one night and have a look,thanks for the heads up.

I used to used t gel to help with itchy n burning scalp it stinks but it is very soothing x

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"It doesn't seem to be full lengths of hair,maybe just half of hair length,I wash it because i get a incredibly itchy and burning sensation which at the minute is very discomforting."

Itching and burning isn't dandruff...see your gp.

Argan oil is good stuff, apply a small amount to dry hair and leave it overnight then shampoo as normal using a very mild product dandruff shampoos can be really harsh, condition the ends only then rub a drop of argan oil in your palms and run through your hair. Also trim regularly. All this after you've seen the doc.

Agree with the above poster that this is an issue for medical advice, not cosmetic.

Thanks for your advice and tips everyone they are all very much appreciated.

By *trawberry-popWoman  over a year ago

South East Midlands NOT

I would agree you need to see a medical professional, however I would also recommend you use e45 shampoo. I'm a hairdresser and it sounds to me as if you're more likely to have a sensitive, dry scalp than dandruff if your hair is that dry and brittle. Drying your scalp out further with anti-dandruff products won't be helping.

Definitely seek medical advice first. But coconut oil is the new 'thing' for everything

By *om and JennieCouple  over a year ago

Chams or Socials

My son suffers from seborrhic dermatitis - his scalp is awful. I gave up & took him to the GP who gave him prescription shampoo to use 2-3 times a week. Coconut oil is very good too for moisturising the scalp

"Argan oil is great! We recently came back from Morocco and bought a couple bottles back x

Have you found it to strengthen your hair?would it halp with skin conditions like dandruff or is it just to strengthen hair?"

Authentic stuff does wonders for hair. But different people may experience different results?

I had this issue and I found Argan oil and coconut oil to be the best thing ....

I sometimes use a pea size amount of coconut oil instead of conditioner and fine it helps with the dry scalp and keep the hair from breaking

By *onnybag69Man  over a year ago

Denton/East Manchester

you can buy argan oil shampoo from poundland i have tried coconut shampoo a few years ago it didn't work for me my gp gave me e 45 shampoo that seems to work my problem hasn't gone away but seems to help

Use neutrogena t-gel shampoo..it's for this very condition and relieves the burning feeling as well as restoring your hairs natural oils

Thanks everyone for you comments they are all very much appreciated,

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

Merseyside

"Thanks everyone for you comments they are all very much appreciated,"

Don't buy argan oil shampoo. It's got negligible argan in it.

Don't buy argan oil thinking it will do your hair good.

Argan oil is a beautiful silky product. It's safe on your hair. I use it for swimming BUT it won't CURE. It's oil not medicine.

From the sound of it you have a problem that needs sorting.

Hair is healthy if your body is healthy. Full stop.

1. Stop using shampoo.

2. Brush your scalp and hair daily

3. Go to the docs to be diagnosed

4. If you MUST wash your hair just do it in warm water - no detergent for now.

5. Take vitamins.

6. Eat fruit and veg.

7 Proteins will give you the elastic you need for your hair.

8. If you MUST use something on your hair. Use diluted fruit juice or baby shampoo or an anti allergen one and water it down and rinse like fook.

9. Be patient. It takes time to come back.

10. If you're on drugs. Stop taking them.

I like granny's advice.

I bet the antidandruff shampoo is making things worse. I'd definitely stop that first. I gather from my hairdresser that a dry itchy flaky scalp is not dandruff!

By *trawberry-popWoman  over a year ago

South East Midlands NOT

"I like granny's advice.

I bet the antidandruff shampoo is making things worse. I'd definitely stop that first. I gather from my hairdresser that a dry itchy flaky scalp is not dandruff! "

Correct. Dandruff is actually characterised by excessive sebum (oil/grease) with flakes as well. If you have one without the other you don't have dandruff.

If you have flakes, dry, brittle hair and scalp it's likely to be a dryness issue! Likewise if your hair is greasy without flakes you have an oil production issue (or just very active oil glands) however with any of the 3 conditions I wouldn't recommend products like 'head and shoulders'. Awful stuff!

» Add a new message to this topic