FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Catfish

Catfish

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Watching catfish at mo, has anyone had any similar experiences where they've rocked upto a meet to be presented by someone completely different!? Share your story

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

No, I have a finely tuned bullshit detector. People turn out to be pretty much the picture I have built from online/kik interaction.

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"No, I have a finely tuned bullshit detector. People turn out to be pretty much the picture I have built from online/kik interaction."

Same as I do wonder how these people on catfish can be soo naive

By *ustOneNightCouple  over a year ago

Blackpool

I think catfish prey on the vulnerable. There are people out there who really *want* to believe what they want to believe, or really have something missing in their lives they are desperate to fill, and then there are the people who will take advantage of that.

By *lovisMan  over a year ago

Twickenham

"I think catfish prey on the vulnerable. There are people out there who really *want* to believe what they want to believe, or really have something missing in their lives they are desperate to fill, and then there are the people who will take advantage of that. "

A friend of mine had a catfish experience and it's just been published in a book called 'Who Are You' by Megan Henley. Worth a read.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

"I think catfish prey on the vulnerable. There are people out there who really *want* to believe what they want to believe, or really have something missing in their lives they are desperate to fill, and then there are the people who will take advantage of that. "

I agree - from what I've seen in the show, the people have often be low in confidence, isolated, with weight or body issues that they aren't comfortable with etc.

Where they go years without meeting but spend hours each day on the phone speaking - I've hardly time to manage my life and current friends.

And the too good to be true bull merchants give themselves away easily.

I have simple tastes and desires, not needing an elaborate virtual reality relationship to satisfy them.

exactly, people with low self-esteem tend to have poor personal boundaries and ignore or completely miss what would be a glaring red flag to others.

Very true

I know a girl that use to do it and we as her friends didn't find out until contacted by the various men she had played ....

I also had one guy who pretended to be his son ... Well used his pics and everything about his life ....

I think it's all just self-esteem issues and ones need for attention

» Add a new message to this topic