FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Pope v trump

Pope v trump

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Not usually interested in what either has to say, but ... This could be quite an entertaining spat.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *its_n_piecesCouple  over a year ago

now that's a celebrity death match worth watching .... let's make it happen

It already is! Pope has said his views aren't Christian for his comments about a wall between Mexico and U.S! Let the fun begin.

"It already is! Pope has said his views aren't Christian for his comments about a wall between Mexico and U.S! Let the fun begin. "

google celebrity death match

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

They're both fucking idiots and the Pope should worry about his own house before concerning himself with others

Didn't think I'd ever hear myself saying this but.....Go Pope!!!!

By *abphilMan  over a year ago

sheffield

"It already is! Pope has said his views aren't Christian for his comments about a wall between Mexico and U.S! Let the fun begin. "

The historic actions of his priests were not always christian

I'm laughing pretty hard about this. Should be fun.

-Courtney

It's great news.

[Removed by poster at 18/02/16 19:31:32]

By *atEvolutionCouple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

Can't believe either are even worth talking about.

What's the bloody Pope got to do with anything that happens in the real world? Surely he should pay more attention to chatting with his invisible friend and making decisions based on what he believes his invisible friend tells him? Politics and religion should be kept so far apart they couldn't even see each other through binoculars.

"Can't believe either are even worth talking about.

"

You just did.

You just did."

Nope. I talked about others talking about them.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

From my limited perspective on understanding what may be core Christian principles - traits such as graciousness, charity, unconditional love, respect for others and denial of self-righteousness - I'd kind of assess Trump as being far from a holding these central tenets of Christianity. He's pretty much the opposite.

He's an abomination of a Christian, if ever such a thing existed.

You just did.

Nope. I talked about others talking about them."

I think they're both fairly important in terms of global events. Not saying I listen to them, but I thought it was a good topic of conversation. Sorry you find it hard to believe! Oh well

You just did.

Nope. I talked about others talking about them.

I think they're both fairly important in terms of global events. Not saying I listen to them, but I thought it was a good topic of conversation. Sorry you find it hard to believe! Oh well "

I'm not sorry.

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

And once again people come out of the woodwork simply to bash people's religious beliefs and have a pointless slagging off session.

All the Pope is saying is that making xenophobic comments about a particular nationality is incompatible with Christian teaching and charity.

sheffield

"And once again people come out of the woodwork simply to bash people's religious beliefs and have a pointless slagging off session.

All the Pope is saying is that making xenophobic comments about a particular nationality is incompatible with Christian teaching and charity."

And the religions teach us all this?

Both are key players on the world's stage.

It's irrelevant what you think of the popes beliefs. He actually makes some points worth listening to about Trump's political approach and policies.

It's rather short sighted to believe that neither of them are influential on a large number of people.

"And once again people come out of the woodwork simply to bash people's religious beliefs and have a pointless slagging off session.

All the Pope is saying is that making xenophobic comments about a particular nationality is incompatible with Christian teaching and charity.

And the religions teach us all this?"

Not only the religious no. But he has some influence in the world would you not say?

Hang both of the cunts!

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

And the religions teach us all this?

Not only the religious no. But he has some influence in the world would you not say?"

Tolerance and acceptance of other people and cultures is a cornerstone of Christian faith. Wanting to build a wall to keep one nationality out and wanting to ban all members of a particular religion is neither tolerant nor accepting and therefore is contradictory to professing to be a Christian. I think that's the jist of what the Pope was saying

By *olgateMan  over a year ago

on the road to nowhere in particular

As the leader of a sovereign state in its own right, ergo the Vatican. The Pope is fully entitled to voice his opinion. Al leader of several hundred million Catholics his words carry a lot of weight. Donald Trump should be very careful about alienating a large part of the electorate.

"Hang both of the cunts!"

Nice one. Do you have a suggestion to dealing with world issues other than hanging people? I think they tried all that about 70 years ago.

Not a fan of the pope but he certainly has a point. Trump's claims to be a christian are laughable and it's good they've been challenged. Be interesting to see how Trump responds,

By *iamondjoeMan  over a year ago

Glastonbury

Trump has a lot more hair, the Pope only one lung.

But he does have God on his side...

Hmmm

Why?

"Not a fan of the pope but he certainly has a point. Trump's claims to be a christian are laughable and it's good they've been challenged. Be interesting to see how Trump responds, "

Donald has already responded. He says that the pope will be laughing on the other side of his mitre when Isis are at the gates of Rome.

He'll be wishing he hadn't been so mean to god-fearing ole Don then. Yeeeeehaw!

Politics and religion just don't mix!!

I have found a great website where you can show your displeasure about the trumpmeister...

Trumpdonald.org ....

Go on ... You know you want to

By *ngel n tedCouple  over a year ago

maidstone

Are you suggesting we would wait and see which one god helps?

"Trump has a lot more hair, the Pope only one lung.

Hmmm

"

both of them think jesus has their back lol

sheffield

"Trump has a lot more hair, the Pope only one lung.

Hmmm

both of them think jesus has their back lol"

Which one has the potential to press the button?

By *iamondjoeMan  over a year ago

Glastonbury

Neither, at present, inshalah!

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

as much as i love a spat between the donald and pope frankie..... it has kinda overshadowed a bigger story and buried what should be the lead....

the pope saying that it is okay for people to use contraception to stop themselves from getting pregnant because of the threat from the zika virus and the complications arising.....

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"as much as i love a spat between the donald and pope frankie..... it has kinda overshadowed a bigger story and buried what should be the lead....

the pope saying that it is okay for people to use contraception to stop themselves from getting pregnant because of the threat from the zika virus and the complications arising..... "

Yes! I was at that.

"From my limited perspective on understanding what may be core Christian principles - traits such as graciousness, charity, unconditional love, respect for others and denial of self-righteousness - I'd kind of assess Trump as being far from a holding these central tenets of Christianity. He's pretty much the opposite.

He's an abomination of a Christian, if ever such a thing existed."

"as much as i love a spat between the donald and pope frankie..... it has kinda overshadowed a bigger story and buried what should be the lead....

the pope saying that it is okay for people to use contraception to stop themselves from getting pregnant because of the threat from the zika virus and the complications arising..... "

Completely agree - the important part of this has been totally obscured in the reporting (over here, at least!)

sheffield

the pope saying that it is okay for people to use contraception to stop themselves from getting pregnant because of the threat from the zika virus and the complications arising.....

Completely agree - the important part of this has been totally obscured in the reporting (over here, at least!)"

Well madman or monk and mark my words Mr Trump will be US president.

All the Pope is saying is that making xenophobic comments about a particular nationality is incompatible with Christian teaching and charity."

The start of this thread was predictable, I only read it to add to our extensive block list...

This has been the most pragmatic and forward thinking pope in many years. A lot of what he says goes against traditional doctrine. Long may he continue

The start of this thread was predictable, I only read it to add to our extensive block list... "

Problem is that a small percentage, allow their prejudice to cloud objective thinking.

The Pope represents a section of society,and what he is saying makes some sense. I didn't realise democracy was meant to pour scorn on anyone with religious belief?

The debate is about Trump's extremist views not the Pope's faith.

Will add some thoughts to my predictable tread! I see the mafia have to add their usual sardonic diatribe. Hey that's freedom of speech so enjoy ya self, oh you can't as I've been blocked for starting a debate.

World leaders quite possibly feel the same way about some of Mr Trumps colourful comments and ideas but won't get caught expressing them

In public. The American political system appears, from past election campaigns, to love characters like him. The pope has potential influence and input by commenting, without fear of any political comeback. Donald has apparently had some 'advice' overnight and has changed his attack on the pope who he now sees as a good guy! Funny that.

The start of this thread was predictable, I only read it to add to our extensive block list...

Problem is that a small percentage, allow their prejudice to cloud objective thinking.

The Pope represents a section of society,and what he is saying makes some sense. I didn't realise democracy was meant to pour scorn on anyone with religious belief?

The debate is about Trump's extremist views not the Pope's faith."

Small percentage you say? It's sad that most of them can't distinguish between criticism and insult, it's sad when they can only offer the latter.

"This has been the most pragmatic and forward thinking pope in many years. A lot of what he says goes against traditional doctrine. Long may he continue "

He also walks the walk instead of saying that we are all in this together... in between mouth fulls of caviar

Yes! I was at that."

i'm not at that, i thought it was inevitable in the early part of the first half of the 21st century.

I wonder what the pope would say if Mexico wasn't the country with the second largest catholic population in the world?

No time for either of them to be honest.

"I wonder what the pope would say if Mexico wasn't the country with the second largest catholic population in the world?

"

ask him

"I wonder what the pope would say if Mexico wasn't the country with the second largest catholic population in the world?

ask him"

The Vatican has me on hold. The music is terrible

is it a nun singing ave maria like in father ted?

"is it a nun singing ave maria like in father ted?"

Ha I remember that

Strikes me....

One aims to build bridges very-slowly....

The other aims to erect walls very-quickly...

Perhaps they should swap contactors and do the world a favour.....

"Strikes me....

Perhaps they should swap contactors and do the world a favour..... "

i still think a celebrity deathmatch would be far more entertaining .... and the popcorn sales would help stimulate the global grain markets

By *hloe sussexTV/TS  over a year ago

Larne

"Not usually interested in what either has to say, but ... This could be quite an entertaining spat. "

Only one way to find out fiiiiggghhhttttt ! Lol

"Strikes me....

i still think a celebrity deathmatch would be far more entertaining .... and the popcorn sales would help stimulate the global grain markets"

Yeah but Donald has the advantage of weapons grade hair....... the Popes rosary beads would even ruffle his quiff....

I suppose a special potion made from holy-water could maybe tame the frizz though...

"Strikes me....

i still think a celebrity deathmatch would be far more entertaining .... and the popcorn sales would help stimulate the global grain markets

Yeah but Donald has the advantage of weapons grade hair....... the Popes rosary beads would even ruffle his quiff....

I suppose a special potion made from holy-water could maybe tame the frizz though... "

pssst ..... (whispers) it's not his real hair

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7Rte68JgMA

"Strikes me....

I suppose a special potion made from holy-water could maybe tame the frizz though...

pssst ..... (whispers) it's not his real hair

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7Rte68JgMA"

Aww this changers everything ..... how can we know what's real and what's not.....this could be the cause of reality collapsing throughout the cosmos,,

Say its not so....

don't panic ..... i found out out in the 80's that coca-cola wasn't the real thing either .... the big ol' world keeps on turning though

By *ushandkittyCouple  over a year ago

Gloucester

Dammit I thought it was about a snooker match between Dale Pope and Judd Trump!

sheffield

Small percentage you say? It's sad that most of them can't distinguish between criticism and insult, it's sad when they can only offer the latter. "

A large number of people may think what Trump is thinking but not have the bollocks to say so untill the wind direction is clearer

Small percentage you say? It's sad that most of them can't distinguish between criticism and insult, it's sad when they can only offer the latter.

A large number of people may think what Trump is thinking but not have the bollocks to say so untill the wind direction is clearer"

Very true...but only a very small percentage can offer reasonable, sane and compassionate arguments advocating his stance on anything.

By *ichpickingsMan  over a year ago

London and Essex

"Now I like Donald Trump, but I also like The Pope. But which is best? There's only one way to find out... FIGHT!"

I miss Harry Hill's TV Burp. Can almost guarantee they would've done this if it was still on.

sheffield

A large number of people may think what Trump is thinking but not have the bollocks to say so untill the wind direction is clearer

Very true...but only a very small percentage can offer reasonable, sane and compassionate arguments advocating his stance on anything."

That may be so, but you can't alter the thought train

By *lanemikeMan  over a year ago

Bolton

"They're both fucking idiots and the Pope should worry about his own house before concerning himself with others"
##

Nothing wrong with the Pope's house, leave him alone....

Very true...but only a very small percentage can offer reasonable, sane and compassionate arguments advocating his stance on anything.

That may be so, but you can't alter the thought train"

No but you can educate people with rational and compassionate thoughts as opposed to emotive and radical scare mongering.

sheffield

That may be so, but you can't alter the thought train

No but you can educate people with rational and compassionate thoughts as opposed to emotive and radical scare mongering."

Yes you are absolutely right some people believed Enoch Powell

I think trump comes across as a racist idiot . But he does also have a point about borders etc .

I think for the pope to question walls being built knowing that vatican city is infact surrounded by walls as far as i seen on the news is crazy .

A large number of people may think what Trump is thinking but not have the bollocks to say so untill the wind direction is clearer"

Blaming your problems on other people is indeed popular

sheffield

Blaming your problems on other people is indeed popular"

Who's got problems?

By *eMontresMan  over a year ago

Halesowen

Apols if someone has pointed this out, but il papi lives in a walled city, with guards on every entrance to keep the riff raff out.

I'm not inclined to pay any attention to a bloke in a frock who has an imaginary friend.

Trump is far more dangerous - he might actually get elected....

The Pope I guess has walls around the Vatican that were built a rather long time ago?

He's trying to be progressive. But if it makes you feel better you can dislike him. I doubt he reads this forum.

By *eMontresMan  over a year ago

Halesowen

" The Pope I guess has walls around the Vatican that were built a rather long time ago?

He's trying to be progressive. But if it makes you feel better you can dislike him. I doubt he reads this forum."

I never said I disliked him, I'm completely neutral towards him, he is totally irrelevant in my life. Others can think what they want, I think for myself.

The walls may be ancient, but the guards are current.

sheffield

"Apols if someone has pointed this out, but il papi lives in a walled city, with guards on every entrance to keep the riff raff out.

I'm not inclined to pay any attention to a bloke in a frock who has an imaginary friend.

Trump is far more dangerous - he might actually get elected...."

Much more chance than an imaginary friend

Who's got problems?"

Everyone has problems, people like Trump have success because he tells people that others are the blame for their problems.

By *oveslickingpussy999Man  over a year ago

ealing

Trump has more money then sense and most americans are morons!! considering most americans are immigrants to that land only true americans are native americans plus america was built off of slavery and immigrants. Where to start with the pope Christians went around on crusades killing anyone who would not follow Christianity you have preists who mollest children and dont even get thrown out of the church they just get moved on to a new area

By *arksMan  over a year ago

in the centre

Trump everytime as the Pope don't get rid of that bloated feeling

"Trump has more money then sense and most americans are morons!! considering most americans are immigrants to that land only true americans are native americans plus america was built off of slavery and immigrants. Where to start with the pope Christians went around on crusades killing anyone who would not follow Christianity you have preists who mollest children and dont even get thrown out of the church they just get moved on to a new area "

Like the people in the BBC that molest children and didn't get thrown out then...

By *oveslickingpussy999Man  over a year ago

ealing

"Trump has more money then sense and most americans are morons!! considering most americans are immigrants to that land only true americans are native americans plus america was built off of slavery and immigrants. Where to start with the pope Christians went around on crusades killing anyone who would not follow Christianity you have preists who mollest children and dont even get thrown out of the church they just get moved on to a new area

Like the people in the BBC that molest children and didn't get thrown out then... "

well the forum wasnt about them but anyone who mollest children should be strung up

"Trump has more money then sense and most americans are morons!! considering most americans are immigrants to that land only true americans are native americans plus america was built off of slavery and immigrants. Where to start with the pope Christians went around on crusades killing anyone who would not follow Christianity you have preists who mollest children and dont even get thrown out of the church they just get moved on to a new area

Like the people in the BBC that molest children and didn't get thrown out then...

well the forum wasnt about them but anyone who mollest children should be strung up "

Agreed, I'd like harsher punishments for people that fail to report it / deal with it too. But that would lock up a big section of Rotherham council, the BBC and quite a few MPs from both major parties.

Trump in the third round.

sheffield

Who's got problems?

Everyone has problems, people like Trump have success because he tells people that others are the blame for their problems. "

And this explanation goes unquestioned?

sheffield

"Trump has more money then sense and most americans are morons!! considering most americans are immigrants to that land only true americans are native americans plus america was built off of slavery and immigrants. Where to start with the pope Christians went around on crusades killing anyone who would not follow Christianity you have preists who mollest children and dont even get thrown out of the church they just get moved on to a new area "

And your point is?

sheffield

well the forum wasnt about them but anyone who mollest children should be strung up "

Agreed

sheffield

well the forum wasnt about them but anyone who mollest children should be strung up

Agreed, I'd like harsher punishments for people that fail to report it / deal with it too. But that would lock up a big section of Rotherham council, the BBC and quite a few MPs from both major parties. "

95% of the population

My money is on the pope

i carnt stand Trump hes a arrogant excuse for a male

a trumped up little power hungry man (pardon the pun)

gawd help America if hes made president

I strongly dislike Catholicism, I believe it's fundamentally wrong. However, I do like this Pope. He does seem genuine and wants to create change for the good.

Trump is a twat. Can't see him getting voted in, but would be interesting if he does.

"My money is on the pope

gawd help America if hes made president"

It doesn't just affect America if Mr Trump is elected!

sheffield

"My money is on the pope

gawd help America if hes made president"

You would think if gawd helps him the pope would lol

sheffield

"I strongly dislike Catholicism, I believe it's fundamentally wrong. However, I do like this Pope. He does seem genuine and wants to create change for the good.

Trump is a twat. Can't see him getting voted in, but would be interesting if he does. "

You may be amazed to know this but twats are very popular!

"My money is on the pope

gawd help America if hes made president

You would think if gawd helps him the pope would lol"

haha yes i know

"I strongly dislike Catholicism, I believe it's fundamentally wrong. However, I do like this Pope. He does seem genuine and wants to create change for the good.

Trump is a twat. Can't see him getting voted in, but would be interesting if he does. "

Can you tell I'm a good Catholic girl?

sheffield

Trump is a twat. Can't see him getting voted in, but would be interesting if he does.

Can you tell I'm a good Catholic girl? "

Does your dad know you use language like that? Catholic indeed!

Can you tell I'm a good Catholic girl? "

not "good " Catholic girl but "typical" Catholic girl

sheffield

Can you tell I'm a good Catholic girl? not "good " Catholic girl but "typical" Catholic girl "

Didn't an ex pope have one of them

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

there is a reason why trump backed away from this one........

political....

the trump spat may play well in "southern baptist" south carolina... and a lot of southern states.. but the republicans will win them in november anyway.....

doesn't play so will for example in a swing state like florida......

absolutley will not play other in other swing states... pennsylvania, ohio, michigan, wisconsin, minnesota, indiana, iowa.....

basically... he would have lost the midwest... and that would be bye bye republicans.....

sheffield

"there is a reason why trump backed away from this one........

political....

the trump spat may play well in "southern baptist" south carolina... and a lot of southern states.. but the republicans will win them in november anyway.....

doesn't play so will for example in a swing state like florida......

absolutley will not play other in other swing states... pennsylvania, ohio, michigan, wisconsin, minnesota, indiana, iowa.....

basically... he would have lost the midwest... and that would be bye bye republicans....."

Please refer to him as Mr President

Can you tell I'm a good Catholic girl? not "good " Catholic girl but "typical" Catholic girl

Didn't an ex pope have one of them "

It was before he was pope and she was Jewish. Don't let the facts get in the way of your scurrilous remarks

sheffield

Can you tell I'm a good Catholic girl? not "good " Catholic girl but "typical" Catholic girl

Didn't an ex pope have one of them

It was before he was pope and she was Jewish. Don't let the facts get in the way of your scurrilous remarks"

Ok i apologise.

Did one of the ex popes have a jewish bird?

» Add a new message to this topic