FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Any long term Slimming World members out there?

Any long term Slimming World members out there?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Im after some advice..

Im new to writing it all down (tut tut i know) and should have been doing it since the begining. This week i have only used 111 out of my potential 150 Syns

Just curious how your syns effect the weight loss.

I've heard if you dont use the syn's you wont have a great loss, but ive also heard people who dont use them have whopping losses.

How do they effect you?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

When I was struggling to shed weight I was told I needed to use my sins. Gives you a boost apparently

"When I was struggling to shed weight I was told I needed to use my sins. Gives you a boost apparently"

last week i lost 6.5 lb and used 151 out of 175

and 2 weeks before that i lost 7.5 lb and only used 134 out of 175

no pattern

By *ilmiss75Woman  over a year ago

Thornton

"Im after some advice..

Im new to writing it all down (tut tut i know) and should have been doing it since the begining. This week i have only used 111 out of my potential 150 Syns

I've heard if you dont use the syn's you wont have a great loss, but ive also heard people who dont use them have whopping losses.

How do they effect you? "

150 syns?

15 per day - 7 days a week = 105

Your syns are there to be used. Use them. I do, every day.

I use my syns sometimes not all them though..

By *issHottieBottieWoman  over a year ago

Kent

I don't understand how telling someone to eat more treats(because that's what most folk that I've spoken to use their syns for) choc, crisps, wine etc can possibly help you lose more weight.

As slimming world doesn't count calories people portions are usually pretty decent so it's not like you need the syns to make sure you aren't eating enough.

I think if you need them for a meal to use for sauces etc then yeah go for it, but don't start munching choc/crisps for the hell of it just to use them up.

Syns can be up to 15 a day max I believe unless they've changed it. I used to average between 5&10 but never ate extra to get to the 15.

"

150 syns?

Your syns are there to be used. Use them. I do, every day. "

Due to the fact im over 20 stone i get 25 syns a day

Kent

"Im after some advice..

How do they effect you?

150 syns?

I think they up the syn amount if there is more than a certain amount to lose

Thornton

Right. Ok. When I joined I was 23 stone. Only ever had 15 per day.

I do try and use at least some but rarely get through them all.

If I haven't used them and am not hungry after my meals then I don't worry about not using them all.

"I don't understand how telling someone to eat more treats(because that's what most folk that I've spoken to use their syns for) choc, crisps, wine etc can possibly help you lose more weight.

As slimming world doesn't count calories people portions are usually pretty decent so it's not like you need the syns to make sure you aren't eating enough.

I think if you need them for a meal to use for sauces etc then yeah go for it, but don't start munching choc/crisps for the hell of it just to use them up.

Syns can be up to 15 a day max I believe unless they've changed it. I used to average between 5&10 but never ate extra to get to the 15. "

See at first i didnt understand it either as its only the allowance of sugar/fats. I presumed larger people ate shit food and so allowin more syns meant they wouldnt go completely off the rails as it was a huge change in diet to go from take aways to rabbit food essentially..

When i was under a dietician she told me i had to eat 3000 calories a day which is HUGE considering im no athlete and trying to loose weight.

According to her because my body mass is so vast in size i need the calories to actually move and function properly.

Im all a bit baffled. Im now sticking with the SW program as its working for me great. Perhaps thats why larger people need more syns.

By *onnie and JohnCouple  over a year ago

WILTSHIRE

have you tried the Indian pea soup ? from the little book of soups book...connie x

"Right. Ok. When I joined I was 23 stone. Only ever had 15 per day. "

I was the same, until we had a newly trained consultant who informed me i wasnt loosing weight as i wasnt eating enough

Thornton

I've pretty much always used them all and it never stopped me losing. I lost just over 9 stone. Personally myself I think to use them but when getting closer to target then maybe cut them down. There will always be that last half a stone ya can't get rid of lol

"have you tried the Indian pea soup ? from the little book of soups book...connie x "

No i havent,, im starting to get interested in actual cooking. Made a lush veg soup few days back

"I've pretty much always used them all and it never stopped me losing. I lost just over 9 stone. Personally myself I think to use them but when getting closer to target then maybe cut them down. There will always be that last half a stone ya can't get rid of lol"

Wow massive congratulations. Im aiming ultimately to shed around 18 stone. So im certainly in this for the long haul :D

Kent

"I don't understand how telling someone to eat more treats(because that's what most folk that I've spoken to use their syns for) choc, crisps, wine etc can possibly help you lose more weight.

Syns can be up to 15 a day max I believe unless they've changed it. I used to average between 5&10 but never ate extra to get to the 15.

See at first i didnt understand it either as its only the allowance of sugar/fats. I presumed larger people ate shit food and so allowin more syns meant they wouldnt go completely off the rails as it was a huge change in diet to go from take aways to rabbit food essentially..

When i was under a dietician she told me i had to eat 3000 calories a day which is HUGE considering im no athlete and trying to loose weight.

According to her because my body mass is so vast in size i need the calories to actually move and function properly.

Im all a bit baffled. Im now sticking with the SW program as its working for me great. Perhaps thats why larger people need more syns. "

Yep that's right, if you go online to a weight loss calculator you can enter your weight and height and and activity level and it will tell you what your BMR (basal metabolic rate) is which s basically how much energy (cals) your body uses to just be alive when resting. Then adding your activity level you can find your TDEE which Is what your body burns in a normal day moving around etc. Then you knock 3-500 cals a day off usually to find the amount you eat to lose weight.

I should imagine that it is why larger people get more syns but I wouldn't worry about eating the max every day, maybe aim between 15&20. Then if after a few months the weight loss slows you've got something to work with and can cut out a few more x

By *trawberry-popWoman  over a year ago

South East Midlands NOT

"Right. Ok. When I joined I was 23 stone. Only ever had 15 per day.

I was the same, until we had a newly trained consultant who informed me i wasnt loosing weight as i wasnt eating enough"

Did she mean maybe of everything and not just syns? Lose more the more superfree you eat.

Good luck to you, I tried it for 9 months with the net effect of bugger all change , no weight gain no weight loss.

However my sister has been doing it for about 3 years and lost over 2 stone and I've got other mates who've lost a good 3 stone each, so works for them.

As to the syns, from my understanding its those extra treats that stop your body thinking its in a kind of starvation mode and so doesn't store the bits off all the food your eat and keeps buring off instead, so they are important to have.

Thats what I was told, how true it is I don't know, more than happy to be proved wrong by a nutritionist, just know that my mates who use their syns up still loose weight successfuly

I was the same, until we had a newly trained consultant who informed me i wasnt loosing weight as i wasnt eating enough

Did she mean maybe of everything and not just syns? Lose more the more superfree you eat."

He said it was deffo the syns. Our consultant started at 36 stone.. he's amazing.

Im generally really good with speed foods, aim for 7-8 portions a day

Kent

Did she mean maybe of everything and not just syns? Lose more the more superfree you eat.

He said it was deffo the syns. Our consultant started at 36 stone.. he's amazing.

Im generally really good with speed foods, aim for 7-8 portions a day "

I can vouch for that seeing the pics of your salads!

I lost 3 stone and unfortunately due to different shifts and laziness ive put 2 back on.. but back on track and back on plan so fingers crossed.. good luck everyone

Im generally really good with speed foods, aim for 7-8 portions a day

I can vouch for that seeing the pics of your salads! "

oh yeah forget you can see that. I start most days with a fruit salad of at least 3 whole pieces of fruit too

"I lost 3 stone and unfortunately due to different shifts and laziness ive put 2 back on.. but back on track and back on plan so fingers crossed.. good luck everyone"

But your still down 1 stone which is better than you would be if you never started at all.. plus think of all the weight you've prevented yourself from gaining in the mean time

Yeah its just rubbish knowing how well i had done lol il get there again

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

I never went above 10 syns (could ofmhad 15) averaged about 8 never heard of 25 syns it must be a new thing as I was over 20 stone when I started.

Ladies I'm thinking of doing slimming world but don't want to go the classes and pay £7.95 just to be weighed.

Can someone please explain the plan as I'm really confused by it all. Would it be worth me buying the slimming world mag to help me understand it???

"Ladies I'm thinking of doing slimming world but don't want to go the classes and pay £7.95 just to be weighed.

Can someone please explain the plan as I'm really confused by it all. Would it be worth me buying the slimming world mag to help me understand it??? "

I'm not a lady, but for some good info check out the slimming world website, really is quite informative of how it works and options. Plus, and i'm rather loath to admit it, quite a lot of the recipes on there are tasty and easy to do.

By *rsIdiotWoman  over a year ago

Bedworth

"Ladies I'm thinking of doing slimming world but don't want to go the classes and pay £7.95 just to be weighed.

Can someone please explain the plan as I'm really confused by it all. Would it be worth me buying the slimming world mag to help me understand it??? "

It's £4.95 per week not £7.95. There is so much more to it than just standing on the scales. The help, advice and support you get at the groups (from the consultant and other members) is priceless. Also, as a paid up member you have access to online resources and the app too.

In my opinion, it's worth every penny

Yeah its 4.95 and it brilliant all the help you get.. plus its an incentive to eat well because you know you are being weighed you tend to stick to it more, ive tried it on my own and not been successful

If your after joining up its normally 9.95 but if you get your hands on a copy of Best Magazines there's a voucher for FREE membership

I buy a 12 week countdown as it keeps me focused and commited, plus its £49.50 meaning a saving of £9.90

Image therapy (staying to the meeting rather than weighing and go) really helps and its why for me the plan works. Each group will have a facebook page when members share recipies, post photo's and just keep others informed and on track.

By *-angel-XWoman  over a year ago

hell

I have a question

I have been going for two years now (Mrs ) and I've lost three stone

I have got stuck for last six months

I have tried everything

Fast forward plan , fitness , everything

Absolutely everything the consultant can suggest

I am due weigh in tomorrow

I'm not sure I can face it again with a gain or a maintain

I want to leave and just concentrate on my gym work

Do I just quit or do I call target even tho I'm still like a stone and a half off my target !!

Please help

Lots of love fat and frustrated

"Yeah its 4.95 and it brilliant all the help you get.. plus its an incentive to eat well because you know you are being weighed you tend to stick to it more, ive tried it on my own and not been successful "

It's this for me - I've tried dieting just on my own but I need the weekly accountability of turning up and getting weighed to keep me with it long enough for habits to form. Plus I've actually started to like some of the people at my group.

"I have a question

I have been going for two years now (Mrs ) and I've lost three stone

I have got stuck for last six months

I have tried everything

Fast forward plan , fitness , everything

Absolutely everything the consultant can suggest

I am due weigh in tomorrow

I'm not sure I can face it again with a gain or a maintain

I want to leave and just concentrate on my gym work

Do I just quit or do I call target even tho I'm still like a stone and a half off my target !!

Please help

Lots of love fat and frustrated "

Ive not reached a stage yet where im not loosing..

really increase the speed foods

drink plenty of fluids

if you nibble it, scribble it

plan meals in advanced

do the weekly food shop they day after weigh in

if you dont buy crap, you cant eat crap

try cutting portion size down

you tried SP days?

hell

Tried all of that

"Yeah its 4.95 and it brilliant all the help you get.. plus its an incentive to eat well because you know you are being weighed you tend to stick to it more, ive tried it on my own and not been successful

It's this for me - I've tried dieting just on my own but I need the weekly accountability of turning up and getting weighed to keep me with it long enough for habits to form. Plus I've actually started to like some of the people at my group. "

Yeah plus u get good ideas for different meals

By *easing_twoCouple  over a year ago

Bristol, Thornbury

I have lost 4 stone in 9 months (him) I have stuck to the plan fully. It's worth bearing in mind that free food is obviously free. But think of portion size. that's the big thing. Good lock x

"Tried all of that "

A woman I work with lost about 8 stone over a period of a couple of years and has kept pretty much all of it off, and she used to do about 3 months slimming world then 3 months weight watchers and keep alternating to keep herself interested. It seemed to work for her.

hell

"Tried all of that

A woman I work with lost about 8 stone over a period of a couple of years and has kept pretty much all of it off, and she used to do about 3 months slimming world then 3 months weight watchers and keep alternating to keep herself interested. It seemed to work for her. "

I had considered that as well , my friend does ww they have just changed their plan it's very sim to sw now

By *oobsandballsMan  over a year ago

st andrews

I haven't been using all my syns either. I was in the beginning, my allowance is 20. But I was only losing about 1lb a week, so I've halved my syns. Not made any difference yet but I've changed my gym routine too last week, so I'll see how that goes

Bedworth

I think some of you have much more generous consultants than I have. I've heard other people say that they get higher syns when they weigh more but my consultant has never advised that, even when I first started and was nearly 18 stone

I know your all gonna suddnely dislike me even more after this.

Sorry in advance

Yesterday i ate 6 chocolate eclairs, a full family size fruit cocktail rifle a full bag of jelly babys and a big bag of popcorn then 4 slices of brown bread toasted and a milky ( blue top ) coffee

Trifle * and the toast had jam on

"I think some of you have much more generous consultants than I have. I've heard other people say that they get higher syns when they weigh more but my consultant has never advised that, even when I first started and was nearly 18 stone "

you wouldnt be allocated more syns at 18 stone.. it starts at 20 stone

"I know your all gonna suddnely dislike me even more after this.

Sorry in advance

Yesterday i ate 6 chocolate eclairs, a full family size fruit cocktail rifle a full bag of jelly babys and a big bag of popcorn then 4 slices of brown bread toasted and a milky ( blue top ) coffee "

crack on, i hope you get fat

Sorry in advance

Yesterday i ate 6 chocolate eclairs, a full family size fruit cocktail rifle a full bag of jelly babys and a big bag of popcorn then 4 slices of brown bread toasted and a milky ( blue top ) coffee "

And???

And thats probably a weeks worth of checks lol

Sorry in advance

Yesterday i ate 6 chocolate eclairs, a full family size fruit cocktail rifle a full bag of jelly babys and a big bag of popcorn then 4 slices of brown bread toasted and a milky ( blue top ) coffee

crack on, i hope you get fat "

that will never happen

st andrews

Don't really get why you felt the need to say that, unless you're mocking people?

Which would make you a douche.

"I think some of you have much more generous consultants than I have. I've heard other people say that they get higher syns when they weigh more but my consultant has never advised that, even when I first started and was nearly 18 stone

you wouldnt be allocated more syns at 18 stone.. it starts at 20 stone "

I didn't get any more when I was 18 1/2 last year but a few of the larger blokes in my group do, so that makes sense. They kept saying they get more for being men but I suspect it's just the weight threshold...

By *eryBigGirlWoman  over a year ago

East Yorkshire

Im generally really good with speed foods, aim for 7-8 portions a day "

It only came in last year that the higher weighted people had more syns.

I think Sassy there's no rhyme nor reason between using Syns and losing weight. I followed it for a while and did best when I ate completely syn free and had a packet of French fries 4 syns and a fries chocolate creme 11 syns every night as a treat. I can't follow it now as I have to go low carb due to a genetic disorder but I've seen many people lose large amounts with SW. Good luck

I aint mocking anyone i have a metabolism that literally does allow me to eat anything i like

By *onyneMan  over a year ago

Newcastle

Good luck to you all whichever method you are looking at...I'm doing the 5/2 and finding it great...Immediate benefit in a number of ways, so will keep along that route for now...

Best wishes to all

st andrews

"I aint mocking anyone i have a metabolism that literally does allow me to eat anything i like "

Good for you, that most likely won't be the case when you're 50.

But as an aside, comments like that make it sound like you're taking the piss out of people trying to better themselves, whether intentional or not. Not cool.

"I aint mocking anyone i have a metabolism that literally does allow me to eat anything i like

Good for you, that most likely won't be the case when you're 50.

But as an aside, comments like that make it sound like you're taking the piss out of people trying to better themselves, whether intentional or not. Not cool. "

Ok al make a note of that

"I aint mocking anyone i have a metabolism that literally does allow me to eat anything i like "

Your cholesterol level might not agree there.

Hang on don't tell us any weight you put on goes into the supposed 7" girth you got well so you say.

"I aint mocking anyone i have a metabolism that literally does allow me to eat anything i like

Hang on don't tell us any weight you put on goes into the supposed 7" girth you got well so you say. "

No of course it dont lol .

I have always been able to eat loads and loads and loads and not gain massive amounts lol

By *piritsonfabCouple  over a year ago

Nottingham

You can use your syns for in meal stuff like butter or cheese or for snacks like biscuits or crisps or extra bread. ...but you will definitely lose weight if you don't eat the biscuits and crisps lol.

Don't forget if you're doing a good gym programme then you may be building muscle so any fat loss wouldn't show on the scales. .. but it's still good for your body.

hell

Hang on don't tell us any weight you put on goes into the supposed 7" girth you got well so you say.

No of course it dont lol .

I have always been able to eat loads and loads and loads and not gain massive amounts lol"

Have you checked body fat ratio ? You may have fatty liver disease or a heart and veins covered in it

Theres little fat on this temple

Hang on don't tell us any weight you put on goes into the supposed 7" girth you got well so you say. "

I was going to say the same! And I'm only 3 weeks in on SW but so far really impressed at how easy it is, my syns are used on things like mayo, extra milk etc. The only downside is the lack of alcohol but I'm sure I'll find a way around that soon

"And thats probably a weeks worth of checks lol"

Slimming world mate... syns not checks... and do we really care what shit you ate good for you

"You can use your syns for in meal stuff like butter or cheese or for snacks like biscuits or crisps or extra bread. ...but you will definitely lose weight if you don't eat the biscuits and crisps lol.

Don't forget if you're doing a good gym programme then you may be building muscle so any fat loss wouldn't show on the scales. .. but it's still good for your body. "

Thats what i hate.. i go to curves and some weeks i dont have a loss but my body shape is changing and toning

You might want to look up TOFI. People can appear slim but have lots of fat building up around their organs.

"And thats probably a weeks worth of checks lol

Slimming world mate... syns not checks... and do we really care what shit you ate good for you"

no need to be offensive

Slimming world mate... syns not checks... and do we really care what shit you ate good for you

no need to be offensive "

And no need for your immature posts mocking people who are trying to better themselves

no need to be offensive

And no need for your immature posts mocking people who are trying to better themselves"

i wasnt mocking anyone trying to better themselves at all

By *umpleteazerWoman  over a year ago

Flintshire

I had a little confusion with 'free' foods when I went. Apparently 16 muller lights are not free. I always though that 0 × 16 = 0 but apparent not....

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Do you all have a corner to go to if your new or struggling.

While the consultant was weighing anyone struggle used to go to the corner and am experienced memeber would go through the diet. New memberds stayed behind but after that you could go to we called the pen to get help?

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

"I think some of you have much more generous consultants than I have. I've heard other people say that they get higher syns when they weigh more but my consultant has never advised that, even when I first started and was nearly 18 stone

you wouldnt be allocated more syns at 18 stone.. it starts at 20 stone "

That's not true. I was 19 stone and got 20 syns when I joined. Think the ripping point it 16 stone to get 5 more, then 20 stone to get 10 more like you do.

I'm a bit rubbish at tracking my syns. Am writing Feb off as am away with work a lot but when iget back on it in March I'm going to write it all down again to focus myself.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

"I had a little confusion with 'free' foods when I went. Apparently 16 muller lights are not free. I always though that 0 × 16 = 0 but apparent not...."

In a day?! Perhaps they have negligible syns singularly but eating that amount builds them up? Thru have fructose in them which is a sugar so could be that.

I always say that because something is free on the plan doesn't mean it's free for all. For instance, pasta is free but I can't eat loads if it as my body can't deal with it and I end up putting weight on.

[Removed by poster at 17/02/16 07:56:08]

I think whether you get extra syns is about your starting BMI rather than just your starting weight.

Bedworth

I didn't get any more when I was 18 1/2 last year but a few of the larger blokes in my group do, so that makes sense. They kept saying they get more for being men but I suspect it's just the weight threshold..."

Men do automatically get more syns than ladies. We've got a couple of guys in our group, they both get 20 syns. One of them is close to his target and the other has just joined and has a long way to go.

Once when we had a stand in consultant she mentioned using all 20 syns to one lady, the lady replied that she has no more than the 15 that Nicci told her when she joined. Consultant replied with oh, she still does it that way, stick to how Nicci told you. So, I would assume it was changed but our consultant keeps to the older method and you don't have more for being heavier.

Four episodes of Paul Mckennas I Can Make You Thin, or read the book. It truly changed my life. I've lost over 10 stone, since I watched it. Truly changed my thoughts towards food.

I'd tried WW a few times but never SW. I don't diet now, just let Paul, reeducate myself as to what I eat.

Your doing fantastic and long may it continue. Try it as an addition .x

Bedworth

"I think whether you get extra syns is about your starting BMI rather than just your starting weight. "

My bmi when I started was 47

I didn't get any more when I was 18 1/2 last year but a few of the larger blokes in my group do, so that makes sense. They kept saying they get more for being men but I suspect it's just the weight threshold...

Men do automatically get more syns than ladies. We've got a couple of guys in our group, they both get 20 syns. One of them is close to his target and the other has just joined and has a long way to go.

Once when we had a stand in consultant she mentioned using all 20 syns to one lady, the lady replied that she has no more than the 15 that Nicci told her when she joined. Consultant replied with oh, she still does it that way, stick to how Nicci told you. So, I would assume it was changed but our consultant keeps to the older method and you don't have more for being heavier. "

Oh really? Seems odd to me! I'm happy with 10-15 and will stick with that anyway, it would be interesting to know why some people of a certain weight are allocated more and others aren't though. I might ask next week.

im thinking of it like syns are fuel

being 27.5 stone im going to need more fuel to function than someone of 10 stone perhaps

"im thinking of it like syns are fuel

being 27.5 stone im going to need more fuel to function than someone of 10 stone perhaps

"

Yeah I get that. Was just wondering why someone at around 19 stone would be allocated more and another of about the same weight wouldn't.

"im thinking of it like syns are fuel

Yeah I get that. Was just wondering why someone at around 19 stone would be allocated more and another of about the same weight wouldn't."

Believe the allocation of more syns is a fairly recent thing an someone above mentioned that their consultant was sticking to the 'old ways'

I can only inform you from what my consultants have told me. Might be worth asking your own consultant and finding out from them

Odlly enough there is no mention of this at all on the SW official website

By *urvymamaWoman  over a year ago

Doncaster

Me and my sister are bothe long term members.

I struggle to loose well if I don't use my syns each day but I can flexi syn so save my syns all week to have a big night out and still loose

My sister can't loose if she goes over 5 syns a day and can't flexi syn or she gains

Everyone's different you just need to find what works for you with it. When I started I got really big losses my best was 11.5lbs in a week but now I've lost over 14stone my losses are slowing down but the weight is still coming off. I prefer loosing it as I am now in smal amounts as I'm finding it easier to tone up that way

Bedworth

Sometimes I think it would nice to have extra but if I'm being honest, most of the time I wouldn't use them anyway, just occasionally.

I think if I got used to having more it would be tough dropping down as my weight went down too

"Me and my sister are bothe long term members.

I struggle to loose well if I don't use my syns each day but I can flexi syn so save my syns all week to have a big night out and still loose

My sister can't loose if she goes over 5 syns a day and can't flexi syn or she gains

Everyone's different you just need to find what works for you with it. When I started I got really big losses my best was 11.5lbs in a week but now I've lost over 14stone my losses are slowing down but the weight is still coming off. I prefer loosing it as I am now in smal amounts as I'm finding it easier to tone up that way "

If im honest i was hoping to drop huge numbers like that when i very first started but its never happened for me.

mentally im really focused and have been on my best behviour since the new year. Lost 19lb in January which i was over the moon with. Got my 1st 'Slimmer of the month' bit of bling.

I like that i have syns as some days i really want that packet of Wotsits.. and if i have a little bag of them when i want,, it prevents me demolishing an entire multi pack when i crack

"Im after some advice..

How do they effect you?

150 syns?

I've been with slimming world since august. Lost just a shade under 2 stone. I use 10 syns a day everyday UNLESS I've a big meal/ occasion planned then I save them all for that.

Hope that helps.xx

I'm a long term sw member and have been at target for a little over 18 months. I always struggled to use up my syns but my consultant encouraged me to use them all as she said they boosted weight loss. I add them to my meals and use them up with dressings and bread, etc. I consistently lost 1-2lbs a week which means I find it easier to maintain now.

Good luck to each and everyone of you with your journey xx

st andrews

Ok, perhaps I need to up my syns then! I assumed cutting back would help but apparently not

Never forget it's not really in SW's interests for you to lose weight and stop being members.. "Come on, eat up all your sins like a good customer...".

I once dropped a box of maltesers at a slimming class, imagine hungry hippo on acid to clean them up

By *ee VianteWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in North Norfolk

Sorry in advance

Is there anything you won't try to brag about?

This really isn't a helpful post on a thread about people trying to lose weight.

Rubbing people's nose in it ain't very nice.

Also, people who are not overweight can still develop health conditions due to a shit diet. I wonder if you'd think you're so clever and brag then.

"Im after some advice..

Cutting down on your syns is OK, you only have to use 5 a day anyway, what you have to remember thought is if your body is used to a lower amount if you ever go back upto using the full 15 a day you will probably gain weight even thought you have followed the diet

So if you start cutting down in syns you will have to stick with the lower amount

I didn't get any more when I was 18 1/2 last year but a few of the larger blokes in my group do, so that makes sense. They kept saying they get more for being men but I suspect it's just the weight threshold..."

I was told by my leader you got extra point if you were over 16 stone

I was 18 stone when I joined and got extra syns but had to drop to 15 syns when I went under 16 stone

As a male Sw member I often use very few syns most on few slices of bread for lunch in work.

Shockingly I only found out last week that I get 20syns a day so in past yr of my loss journey I've only used max 15

Good luck to you all with your loss

So do lots of people

One of my daughters consumes more Cal's that an adult women should have a day in drinks never mind food, all she drinks is full fat pop, she probably takes in well in excess of 4000 a day, I've known her eat three take away in a day she's 5ft10 and a dress size 8, I think she weighs about 8.5 stone

If I walk past a cake shop and breath in I gain a pound, I swear I inhale calories

We are just all different

I was 18 stone when I joined and got extra syns but had to drop to 15 syns when I went under 16 stone "

I've been robbed! Happy enough with 10-15 a day, but it does seem like there's an inconsistency. I'm over 16 now so I should be getting extra

I was 18 stone when I joined and got extra syns but had to drop to 15 syns when I went under 16 stone

I've been robbed! Happy enough with 10-15 a day, but it does seem like there's an inconsistency. I'm over 16 now so I should be getting extra "

Tell them you want back payment too

I've been robbed! Happy enough with 10-15 a day, but it does seem like there's an inconsistency. I'm over 16 now so I should be getting extra

Tell them you want back payment too "

Ooh now you're talking. Definitely enough for a Pizza Hut

By *picyminxWoman  over a year ago

Huntingdon

"I've pretty much always used them all and it never stopped me losing. I lost just over 9 stone. Personally myself I think to use them but when getting closer to target then maybe cut them down. There will always be that last half a stone ya can't get rid of lol

Wow massive congratulations. Im aiming ultimately to shed around 18 stone. So im certainly in this for the long haul :D "

Wow! Very inspiring. Well done with your weight loss and good luck with yours. I'm trying to get on the wagon too and I need to read this. Foods a big toughie for me

hell

[Removed by poster at 17/02/16 18:35:44]

hell

I called target today (Mrs)

"I called target today (Mrs)"

Well done x

By *urvymamaWoman  over a year ago

Doncaster

"I called target today (Mrs)"

Congrats you get to have an extra HA and HB to help you maintain now. Im going to miss having the extra HA and HB once I stop breast feeding so my motivation to get to target will increase

hell

"I called target today (Mrs).

Congrats you get to have an extra HA and HB to help you maintain now. Im going to miss having the extra HA and HB once I stop breast feeding so my motivation to get to target will increase "

No just an extra b Choice xx

5 lb off this week!! well happy x

Seriously been considering slimming world as ive done weightwatchers before and it was too up and down for me. This thread has defo made me think of joining even more now.

Doll c

By *ensualtouch15Man  over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

"5 lb off this week!! well happy x "

May I politely ask how often you eat ?

"5 lb off this week!! well happy x

May I politely ask how often you eat ?"

3 meals and fruit inbetween

Well done!

"Seriously been considering slimming world as ive done weightwatchers before and it was too up and down for me. This thread has defo made me think of joining even more now.

Doll c"

I have my ups and downs with SW but it's the one I tend to come back to as I know if I do it properly, I will lose the weight.

ashby de la zouch

3 meals and fruit inbetween "

Ok

It would be my opinion that is not enough , I would aim for 6 smaller meals

That said the fruit could be classed as a meal but my opinion is fruit on its own does not satiate like a balanced meal with protein and indeed a fat

Your body will have a daily requirement of x

Yet depending upon your hormones you will only be able to process a certain amount of food into direct utility. excess in a meal , again depending upon your blood insulin level will be stored as fat

So if you require 2700 calories per day

And your body can only process 600 per meal yet you eat 900 3 times you will be out of balance

Now we all differ and the above is no exact science and the numbers are purely for illustration however the principle of eating smaller balanced meals more often is proven to balance insulin levels which is proven to maintain a more stable mood, appetite and reduce fat storage and increase fat utilisation xxx

To my mind weight loss is more involved , person specific than a points and sin system . That said it's a fantastic start and aid to motivation and you're doing well xx

Well done! I'm hoping for 3lb loss tomorrow to get to my 1st stone, not feeling too optimistic though

Ok

That said the fruit could be classed as a meal but my opinion is fruit on its own does not satiate like a balanced meal with protein and indeed a fat

Yet depending upon your hormones you will only be able to process a certain amount of food into direct utility. excess in a meal , again depending upon your blood insulin level will be stored as fat

And your body can only process 600 per meal yet you eat 900 3 times you will be out of balance

Now we all differ and the above is no exact science and the numbers are purely for illustration however the principle of eating smaller balanced meals more often is proven to balance insulin levels which is proven to maintain a more stable mood, appetite and reduce fat storage and increase fat utilisation xxx

To my mind weight loss is more involved , person specific than a points and sin system . That said it's a fantastic start and aid to motivation and you're doing well xx"

Thank you or the reply..

my metabolism is rarely controlled so for the most part its exceptionally low. SW is working for me. 2 stone 11 lb down .. im well happy with that

Ok

To my mind weight loss is more involved , person specific than a points and sin system . That said it's a fantastic start and aid to motivation and you're doing well xx"

You also have to be able to make what you're doing fit with your life, or you won't stick to it. I wouldn't have time to eat 6 small meals a day, I have a proper job.

There are other studies to suggest intermittent fasting is better from an insulin point of view.

ashby de la zouch

Ok

To my mind weight loss is more involved , person specific than a points and sin system . That said it's a fantastic start and aid to motivation and you're doing well xx

You also have to be able to make what you're doing fit with your life, or you won't stick to it. I wouldn't have time to eat 6 small meals a day, I have a proper job.

There are other studies to suggest intermittent fasting is better from an insulin point of view.

"

Indeed nutrition needs to be habitual. I've been eating 6 to seven meals per day for about 20 years , With a 7 till 6 job

Prepping in the evening is little effort and most can be eaten on the go in minutes

Of course there will be times this is not possible but as you say it's the habitual principle

As it happens I understand and in specific cases advocate intermittent fasting, however this is quite an advanced technique which must not be undertaken lightly or habitually! Op specifically noted she needed nutrition to function correctly intermittent fasting works on the low insulin concept and relies upon its fat burning effect for a prolonged period , yet to function effectively most unless very focused need our blood to have a carbohydrate supply if the blood sugar content drops too low most cannot handle the emotional swings , mental and physical fatigue x

I could never advocate such a system for a lady with the ops daily energy needs and desire to safely reduce her weight of a long term xxx

Ok

Indeed nutrition needs to be habitual. I've been eating 6 to seven meals per day for about 20 years , With a 7 till 6 job

Prepping in the evening is little effort and most can be eaten on the go in minutes

Of course there will be times this is not possible but as you say it's the habitual principle

As it happens I understand and in specific cases advocate intermittent fasting, however this is quite an advanced technique which must not be undertaken lightly or habitually! Op specifically noted she needed nutrition to function correctly intermittent fasting works on the low insulin concept and relies upon its fat burning effect for a prolonged period , yet to function effectively most unless very focused need our blood to have a carbohydrate supply if the blood sugar content drops too low most cannot handle the emotional swings , mental and physical fatigue x

I could never advocate such a system for a lady with the ops daily energy needs and desire to safely reduce her weight of a long term xxx"

I know. I wouldn't either. My point was you'd just said that weight loss needed to be more personalised, after stating that we should all be eating 6 small meals a day which doesn't sound too personalised either.

ashby de la zouch

Ah I thought I was clearly NOT being prescriptive by firstly illustrating the principle behind more meals and secondly mentioning individual considerations should be applied

Even if she decided to attempt 4 to 5 3 times a week that would be my objective xx but the concept is flexible xx

Ok

Thank you or the reply..

my metabolism is rarely controlled so for the most part its exceptionally low. SW is working for me. 2 stone 11 lb down .. im well happy with that "

That's brilliant

Stick to what your doing it obviously works for you

st andrews

Ok

Thank you or the reply..

my metabolism is rarely controlled so for the most part its exceptionally low. SW is working for me. 2 stone 11 lb down .. im well happy with that "

Well done!

By *horstrollMan  over a year ago

Caprona

First week 5lbs off

second 3"5lbs off

third maintained

forth 4lbs off

Not bad for a month free of irn bru beer.

I don't pretend to be a saint, helpful recipes hints tips with the sw frozen meals can lead to weight loss.

Good luck

I rejoined last week and had my first weigh in today and lost 5! Feeling super motivated

"I rejoined last week and had my first weigh in today and lost 5! Feeling super motivated "

high 5,, bet you are well chuffed

I'm fighting food cravings again today and am fed up with it and starting to get ticked off.

"I'm fighting food cravings again today and am fed up with it and starting to get ticked off."

could it be your thirsty..

would having what you want totally screw your week up?

"I'm fighting food cravings again today and am fed up with it and starting to get ticked off.

could it be your thirsty..

would having what you want totally screw your week up?"

No, I'm not thirsty.

And yes, it would screw the week up completely. In fact if I go off the rails it could screw a couple of weeks up because I won't stop. I can't do moderation. If I mess up, I do it thoroughly.

I need to find something to do to distract myself.

2.5lb off this week

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

I've lost a bit this week but then I haven't been eating

"2.5lb off this week "

Boom! thats ace, well done. i need that amount next week

Sorry in advance

I feel sorry for your body!

It's not like you're trying to show off what food you can eat though is it, is it?

The ladies on here that go to SW or WW, me included, recognise that we have an unhealthy lifestyle of eating & we're acting on the signs our body has given us.

You reap what you so & one day your body will suffer for all that high fat, high sugar, high carb foods.

I'm not jealous one bit, my body thanks me for eating properly now

Sorry in advance

I feel sorry for your body!

It's not like you're trying to show off what food you can eat though is it, is it?

The ladies on here that go to SW or WW, me included, recognise that we have an unhealthy lifestyle of eating & we're acting on the signs our body has given us.

You reap what you so & one day your body will suffer for all that high fat, high sugar, high carb foods.

I'm not jealous one bit, my body thanks me for eating properly now "

Haven't read the whole thread so maybe other folks have said this. I'm a long-term member of SW been going some 3 years, lost nearly 3 stone and I keep going because I'm part of the social team.

The plan changed around a year ago so that those with more weight to lose could have more syns (hence the OP'S 25).

The thinking behind the belief that using syns will increase weight loss is that, if people use their syns, they won't feel deprived but will stay on plan. So, they are less likely to fall off the wagon as it were.

Of course, if you use less syns weight loss will be greater. But, better to have a slower but consistent weight-loss journey where you don't feel deprived so that healthy eating habits can be embedded. Good luck!

Just like to say my wife is long term sw and there now. She's gone from 16/18 to size 8. she looks fab and I'm really proud of her.

I've lost nearly a stone just eating the same food

She'll be happy to buddy someone on fab to achieve their goal

"Just like to say my wife is long term sw and there now. She's gone from 16/18 to size 8. she looks fab and I'm really proud of her.

"

Wonder if we could start a fab SW group?

By *horstrollMan  over a year ago

Caprona

"Just like to say my wife is long term sw and there now. She's gone from 16/18 to size 8. she looks fab and I'm really proud of her.

Wonder if we could start a fab SW group? "

Would the chicken sausages be panned

A bit cheeky to say - but do u ever feel that they might fix the weighing sales a bit in the favour ?

"A bit cheeky to say - but do u ever feel that they might fix the weighing sales a bit in the favour ? "

no.. as i have lost and gained depending if i have stuck to plan.

ive cried on the scales as id been soooo good. then had a gain. equally ive had a shit week and lost

"Im after some advice..

Syns are there if you need them they are not the main part of the plan so whether you use them or not will have no relevance to your weight loss. What I would day is if your focus is on the syns part and not the free food you may need to have a look at that

"A bit cheeky to say - but do u ever feel that they might fix the weighing sales a bit in the favour ? "

Absolutely not!!! I used to be a consultant and can categorically state this is not the case

"A bit cheeky to say - but do u ever feel that they might fix the weighing sales a bit in the favour ?

no.. as i have lost and gained depending if i have stuck to plan.

ive cried on the scales as id been soooo good. then had a gain. equally ive had a shit week and lost "

I used to tell my members to look at the weight loss over the month and not necessarily on a weekly basis because of this

"

That's fantastic I lost 5.5 stone in a year and I've kept that off now for 6 years

That's fantastic I lost 5.5 stone in a year and I've kept that off now for 6 years "

see currently im averaging at 5lb a week.. thats not going to be possible for too much longer. i can see sw being a life long commitment for me x

I think i need to join slimming world. I like the idea of having the group for support but would struggle to make the weigh ins

Has anyone done well using the on line version?

By *or Fox SakeCouple  over a year ago

Thornaby

I was the same, until we had a newly trained consultant who informed me i wasnt loosing weight as i wasnt eating enough"

If you don't eat enough the body goes onto starvation mode and slows the metabolism down, so you don't lose weight.

Slimming world is good, only diet that's worked for me .

"I think i need to join slimming world. I like the idea of having the group for support but would struggle to make the weigh ins

Has anyone done well using the on line version?"

i use the online facilities aswell as go to group.

i love group.. i enjoy the 'pat on the back' from members when i do go.. keeps me motivated. its also the reassurence from them when i go wrong and they put me on the right path

i wouldnt have the will power to start fresh if i had a bad day.. id carry on in self distruct mode.

"I think i need to join slimming world. I like the idea of having the group for support but would struggle to make the weigh ins

i love group.. i enjoy the 'pat on the back' from members when i do go.. keeps me motivated. its also the reassurence from them when i go wrong and they put me on the right path

i wouldnt have the will power to start fresh if i had a bad day.. id carry on in self distruct mode."

Thats going to be my issue, i have really bad will power so i think i'd need the pat on the back

i wouldnt have the will power to start fresh if i had a bad day.. id carry on in self distruct mode.

Thats going to be my issue, i have really bad will power so i think i'd need the pat on the back"

plus in a predominately female enviroment its great to see a few men

higher chances of getting Mr Slinky too

I'll have to see if i can find time to join one of the groups

"I'll have to see if i can find time to join one of the groups"

fingers crossed. it can be a life changer if you stick to plan

Thats going to be my issue, i have really bad will power so i think i'd need the pat on the back"

I hate the term Will power it means fighting against you self then when you give in it turns to guilt so if your anything like me you turn to food. Try making the change from will power to choice power then it becomes a choice so you can chose to have it or not. I've found more often than not I chose not to.

I have a little conversation in my head do you really want this and if you do it could mean an gain or do you want to chose not to have it and feel better in yourself and have a loss

"I'll have to see if i can find time to join one of the groups"

Once you join a group it means you can visit any group in the country so if you're working away you can look for the nearest group to where ever you are and go and get weighed stay to group and get different ideas xx

"I'll have to see if i can find time to join one of the groups

Once you join a group it means you can visit any group in the country so if you're working away you can look for the nearest group to where ever you are and go and get weighed stay to group and get different ideas xx"

Thanks for the hints and tips

That's fantastic I lost 5.5 stone in a year and I've kept that off now for 6 years

see currently im averaging at 5lb a week.. thats not going to be possible for too much longer. i can see sw being a life long commitment for me x"

For me too...I've had to face the fact I've an emotional eating problem. SW keeps me on track.

see currently im averaging at 5lb a week.. thats not going to be possible for too much longer. i can see sw being a life long commitment for me x

For me too...I've had to face the fact I've an emotional eating problem. SW keeps me on track. "

This week im dreading the scales.. ive been amazing since the new year but this week i just want to eat crap. I know its bad and i know i'll gain but i want crap shoved down my throat lol

annoying thing is im 3 lb away from my 3 stone award and club 10.. yet i still want to eat rubbish

I blame my child being on half term..

I've had a bad couple of weeks food wise and let some old demons creep back in, but I went along yesterday to face the scales and had only gained 1/2 - came home feeling so much better and that I could just draw a line under it and make this week a good week instead of beating myself up about last week. It's that which really helps me when I'm trying to lose weight or maintain a lower weight, if I hadn't gone, I'd have slid into another week, then another, then another.

I lost the plot too last week but,no goodies in the house for obvious reasons.

I resorted to a bowl of cereal. If you have a lapse don't beat yourself up about it,it's done so,get back on it.

I weigh in weekly but,just aim to be under the next stone down.

Keep it up guys and girls it's not easy but,you're not alone.

By *om and JennieCouple  over a year ago

Chams or Socials

I've been on & off since July 2000. It's the only plan I ever successfully lost weight on. I had lost 3st 1lbs but due to depression & not really giving a damn about myself it all went back on. I'm now 10lbs down - 1 more needed to get me inside a lower stone bracket!

My consultant said to think of week as a vase of 21 flowers (each flower = 1 meal). Just because 1 flower dies (or 3 if a really bad day) you don't throw away the whole bunch.

We can't be perfect all the time xxx

By *layer oneMan  over a year ago

mirfield

I've got 25sins to use in a day and my morning starts with 2 weeterbix then lunch a salad then dinner will be something from the books or Iceland like slimming world meetballs but after 7 weeks I've lost just over a stone

"Im after some advice..

Ok when i need to shed weight (mr) obviously, breakfast 2 shredded wheat and a banana skimmed milk.....lunch asda boxed tuna salad or chicken..400 cals and very filling...then what everyone else has for dinner unless fried then i will either eat another boxed salad.....its not rocket science,drink fruit tea only at 2 cals a cup

Kent

I just made one of my favourite slimming world recipes. Cottage cheese quiche. And it's packed full of protein so good for the gym too!

Weigh in today and I lost another 2 so got my first sticker and certificate....feeling so motivated!!

"Weigh in today and I lost another 2 so got my first sticker and certificate....feeling so motivated!! "

Oh well done! I love the bits of bling as i call them :D

Certificates go on the cupboard doors, and the sticker goes on my book.

Massive congratulations, you must be thrilled xx

"Right. Ok. When I joined I was 23 stone. Only ever had 15 per day. "
wow!! Well done u ... u look fab.. lol

By *rank n BettyCouple  over a year ago

Stafford

"I just made one of my favourite slimming world recipes. Cottage cheese quiche. And it's packed full of protein so good for the gym too! "

Oooohhhh not made one of these for ages....

Weigh in day not looking forward to this had a wee day out there on saturday with food and drink.. but been good rest of week so fingers crossed lol

"Weigh in day not looking forward to this had a wee day out there on saturday with food and drink.. but been good rest of week so fingers crossed lol"

write it all down, count all the syns and you'll stay in control

my fingers are crossed for you

By *isdirtygirlCouple  over a year ago

somewhere out there

I can lose weight easily when my mind is set on it. My last proper time on SW I lost close to 30kg in 5 or 6 months. I combined diet with a lot of exercise. I rarely used more than a syn or two a day. I was eating so much food on the green plan that I didn't need to. Sadly in a porky bastard again because once I hit my goal I lose interest.

Him

"Weigh in day not looking forward to this had a wee day out there on saturday with food and drink.. but been good rest of week so fingers crossed lol

write it all down, count all the syns and you'll stay in control

my fingers are crossed for you "

Yeah i usually do just not been 100% this week not prepared enough still lost half a pound so still a loss lol thanks

hell

Well I have maintained for a long time and called target last week

Then went off plan big time

Well went and got weighed at the gym and lost half lb so I'm pleased

Don't think it's correct but keeping me back on track

By *ripleXrateDWoman  over a year ago

Ayrshire

This is someone else telling me this.... eating to little makes your body go into starvation mode and you save fat for energy. They way the diet is made it includes treats or as they call them sins so you don't cave in and pig out like many do when on a diet. So when you don't eat your sins your not taking in enough calories and there for your body starts saving fat and hence the weight gain.

"This is someone else telling me this.... eating to little makes your body go into starvation mode and you save fat for energy. They way the diet is made it includes treats or as they call them sins so you don't cave in and pig out like many do when on a diet. So when you don't eat your sins your not taking in enough calories and there for your body starts saving fat and hence the weight gain."

Thats my problem.. i dont actually eat enough lol

By *ripleXrateDWoman  over a year ago

Ayrshire

"This is someone else telling me this.... eating to little makes your body go into starvation mode and you save fat for energy. They way the diet is made it includes treats or as they call them sins so you don't cave in and pig out like many do when on a diet. So when you don't eat your sins your not taking in enough calories and there for your body starts saving fat and hence the weight gain.

Thats my problem.. i dont actually eat enough lol"

Mines to. I've started drinking a slim fast just to boost the amount of calories I have in a day. Xxxxx

st andrews

I've been feeling a bit blah today so gone over my syns, but I've not used them all the past few days so still within my allowance for the week.

That'll probably go out the window with lunch on Saturday, lol!

By *anky_PankyWoman  over a year ago

Filthy Fuckeryville

I'm a consultant, any ladies want to ask me any questions, feel free to pm me x

» Add a new message to this topic