FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Has your Garden

Has your Garden

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Has your garden survived these awful last few months. Let dogs out this morning and we have a lovely patch of Snow drops

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Daffys already out here

Thanks to the mild temperatures the s and moss are thriving.

BBQ area has been blown down and smashed to bits but most of my plants and flowers seem ok

"Thanks to the mild temperatures the s and moss are thriving. "

"Thanks to the mild temperatures the s and moss are thriving. "

Lawns not looking to bad though, and my coastal redwood has been ticking along nicely!

"Thanks to the mild temperatures the s and moss are thriving.

Lawns not looking to bad though, and my coastal redwood has been ticking along nicely!"

Two of my trees have died, dammit.

By *aneandpaulCouple  over a year ago

cleveleys

Yes don,t no how greenhouse still in tact but bloody cat shit every were been told cat food and anti freeze does the trick the bloody cat killed my young blackbirds in there nest and killed the blue tits when i cleaned the nesting box out in autumn theres was 8 dead chicks in the box all my bulbs are up starting to plant seeds this week in the green house

By *argaryen starkCouple  over a year ago

pinxton

"Yes don,t no how greenhouse still in tact but bloody cat shit every were been told cat food and anti freeze does the trick the bloody cat killed my young blackbirds in there nest and killed the blue tits when i cleaned the nesting box out in autumn theres was 8 dead chicks in the box all my bulbs are up starting to plant seeds this week in the green house "
anti freeze kills by fucking up the kidneys . go for it if you fancy prosecution

By *aneandpaulCouple  over a year ago

cleveleys

"Yes don,t no how greenhouse still in tact but bloody cat shit every were been told cat food and anti freeze does the trick the bloody cat killed my young blackbirds in there nest and killed the blue tits when i cleaned the nesting box out in autumn theres was 8 dead chicks in the box all my bulbs are up starting to plant seeds this week in the green house anti freeze kills by fucking up the kidneys . go for it if you fancy prosecution"
got it in my fish pond does not harm the fish and not a thing can be done it stops the water freezing over

"Has your garden survived these awful last few months. Let dogs out this morning and we have a lovely patch of Snow drops"

Don't have a garden but a yard and everything has been blown from one end to the other... Snowdrops and daffs have bloomed though

By *argaryen starkCouple  over a year ago

pinxton

"Yes don,t no how greenhouse still in tact but bloody cat shit every were been told cat food and anti freeze does the trick the bloody cat killed my young blackbirds in there nest and killed the blue tits when i cleaned the nesting box out in autumn theres was 8 dead chicks in the box all my bulbs are up starting to plant seeds this week in the green house anti freeze kills by fucking up the kidneys . go for it if you fancy prosecution got it in my fish pond does not harm the fish and not a thing can be done it stops the water freezing over

"

tell it to the judge

Yes all my plants are pretty hatd wearing i dont really do pretty flowers. Give me big cordeline grass plants any day

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Yes don,t no how greenhouse still in tact but bloody cat shit every were been told cat food and anti freeze does the trick the bloody cat killed my young blackbirds in there nest and killed the blue tits when i cleaned the nesting box out in autumn theres was 8 dead chicks in the box all my bulbs are up starting to plant seeds this week in the green house "

If you don't want cats in your garden keep a water spray handy and squirt them every time you see them. If you put poisoned cat food down you will kill anything that eats it including birds.

"Has your garden survived these awful last few months. Let dogs out this morning and we have a lovely patch of Snow drops"

Where can I get dogs that do that?

It's been so mild that my bees have been out on several occasions over the last months, usually they are all tucked up in the hives

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

This will be our first spring in this house so the gardens new to us. I put hundreds of bulbs in which are all coming up and some we didn't know we're there otherwise no surprises so far. The lawn is a swamp though and I swear I saw a crocodile in it

"Has your garden survived these awful last few months. Let dogs out this morning and we have a lovely patch of Snow drops

Where can I get dogs that do that? "

you can borrow ours

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Snowdrops been out a while, Daffodils just started flowering and Helebores flowering most of the month - beautiful.

Aphids are still alive too, which is the downside to the warmth. There's a rose still in flower from last year, which seems odd with the spring flowers out.

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

Daffodils are out. Makes the garden look sad and pathetic as the rest looks like a tip.

Dug up the borders, sifted the soil and mixed with compost but didn't get round to refilling the holes. Two great mounds of sifted soil with things growing in it plus a load of fox shit!

By *adystephanieTV/TS  over a year ago

glos

Difficult to tell really as I'm thinking of listing my garden with the national trust as a wildlife reserve...

I'm not very good at gardening but occasionally a flower pops it's head out of the jungle

By *oachman 9CoolMan  over a year ago

derby

"It's been so mild that my bees have been out on several occasions over the last months, usually they are all tucked up in the hives "
yes look After your bees has they all need a lot Of help in this world we live, and for the bees being out during the winter months like you have mentioned is surreal Indeed..

Our dog has wrecked the lawn,just because it is so constantly wet he is tearing up the grass running around on it.... Nothing a good sprinkling of seed wont sort out come march....

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"Yes don,t no how greenhouse still in tact but bloody cat shit every were been told cat food and anti freeze does the trick the bloody cat killed my young blackbirds in there nest and killed the blue tits when i cleaned the nesting box out in autumn theres was 8 dead chicks in the box all my bulbs are up starting to plant seeds this week in the green house anti freeze kills by fucking up the kidneys . go for it if you fancy prosecution got it in my fish pond does not harm the fish and not a thing can be done it stops the water freezing over

"

unusual for a cat to be able to access a nesting box..?

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"This will be our first spring in this house so the gardens new to us. I put hundreds of bulbs in which are all coming up and some we didn't know we're there otherwise no surprises so far. The lawn is a swamp though and I swear I saw a crocodile in it "

usually get sharks in Hastings..

derby

"It's been so mild that my bees have been out on several occasions over the last months, usually they are all tucked up in the hives yes look After your bees has they all need a lot Of help in this world we live, and for the bees being out during the winter months like you have mentioned is surreal Indeed.. "
It is the first time I,ve seen daffodils out this early In the garden along with Some dwalf narcissi with multi flowered stems some 8 weeks or more in Front, along with a viola to which is almost black in colour but has a purple background, with a egg yolk spot in the middle, up just as early again and from seed too thou the earliest Was my camelia one flower full out a few weeks ago and more out now, not out usually till march, I wonder if this season will effect other seasons of the year.

theres a tub by my front door that has snow drops, a nasturtium,a miniature rose and strawberry trailers all thriving in it at the moment..and the tree on the street outside is covered in blossom...which cant be good,i imagine there may be a fruit shortage later this year...

derby

"theres a tub by my front door that has snow drops, a nasturtium,a miniature rose and strawberry trailers all thriving in it at the moment..and the tree on the street outside is covered in blossom...which cant be good,i imagine there may be a fruit shortage later this year..."
It Might be a winter cherry usually white Flowers.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

Merseyside

My geraniums bloomed right through.

Dunno what they'll be like this year.

"Has your garden survived these awful last few months. Let dogs out this morning and we have a lovely patch of Snow drops

Where can I get dogs that do that? "

"Thanks to the mild temperatures the s and moss are thriving.

Lawns not looking to bad though, and my coastal redwood has been ticking along nicely!

Two of my trees have died, dammit. "

How do you know they are dead ?

By *adystephanieTV/TS  over a year ago

glos

Where can I get dogs that do that?

"

I think you just feed them ice creme...

By *essiCouple  over a year ago

suffolk

Petunias from last year survived and started to bud as are fuschias daffs are almost in bud and tulips have come through a couple of inches ... Cherry tree is in blossom also grass is slightly f*cked but with 3 pooches playing ' chase me chase me ' not much you can do, it'll come back by spring for the new residents hopefully

» Add a new message to this topic