FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Andy Grey

Andy Grey

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I just noticed on the beeb news site that Grey has been sacked for his sexist remarks about a female linesperson. I was wondering what peoples opinions are on this. Cheers Jon

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *imal75Man  over a year ago

Wolverhampton

I agree Andy should be sacked !!! A man in his position shouldn't have an opinion like that! If he does...His in the wrong job!

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Who ???

By *imal75Man  over a year ago

Wolverhampton

Andy Grey sky sports Pundit peaches

Sack the whole bloody lot of them as far as I'm concerned. That way we might not be bombarded with endless drivell about sport, particularly football

"Andy Grey sky sports Pundit peaches"

Ohhhhhhhhhhh

Well if that’s a sacking offence then Jeremy Clarkson must be due the death penalty by now

"Sack the whole bloody lot of them as far as I'm concerned. That way we might not be bombarded with endless drivell about sport, particularly football"

hmm..he worked solely for Sky Sports..the clue was in the title

The thing that got me thinking was would you or I get sacked for making sexist remarks like that in our jobs?

"Sack the whole bloody lot of them as far as I'm concerned. That way we might not be bombarded with endless drivell about sport, particularly football

hmm..he worked solely for Sky Sports..the clue was in the title "

That's bloody strange because I cannot see anyplace in the title that mentions Sky Sports

"Sack the whole bloody lot of them as far as I'm concerned. That way we might not be bombarded with endless drivell about sport, particularly football

That's bloody strange because I cannot see anyplace in the title that mentions Sky Sports "

I meant the title of the channel he works for..if someone finds sport irritating its unlikely they would watch sky sports

"I just noticed on the beeb news site that Grey has been sacked for his sexist remarks about a female linesperson. I was wondering what peoples opinions are on this. Cheers Jon"

Hello there theres a bit of an argument raging in the sky sports and the fem reporter other post within this lounge forum i note you say linesperson i love you lol

i think as i said in the other post its a male dominated sport and there views are probably agreed upon by the majority within the game just that there mics were not on .... i think its an over reaction and the decison made more from a political correct one more than anything else but saying that i dont really care i glad cos andy grays a twat lol i just hope to fook they dont replace im with ian (bigger twat) wright lol

That's bloody strange because I cannot see anyplace in the title that mentions Sky Sports

I meant the title of the channel he works for..if someone finds sport irritating its unlikely they would watch sky sports"

hey tra check out the lineperson pmsl

"The thing that got me thinking was would you or I get sacked for making sexist remarks like that in our jobs? "

er well yeah probably lol jesus you cant even wolf whistle these days without being castrated lol political correctness out of control lol

"Well if that’s a sacking offence then Jeremy Clarkson must be due the death penalty by now "

Jezza rules ok lol er even if e does wear jeans 2 sizes to small

I meant the title of the channel he works for..if someone finds sport irritating its unlikely they would watch sky sports

hey tra check out the lineperson pmsl "

well if you must keep harping on about it...it was a misquote by the OP

read the bbc story for yourself

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/9373280.stm

nowhere in the article is the phrase 'linesman' or 'linesperson' mentioned however the phrase 'assistant referee is used

Maybe you should have checked first. I am going to refrain from replying to any more of your posts cos quite frankly you're starting to bore me

nowhere in the article is the phrase 'linesman' or 'linesperson' mentioned however the phrase 'assistant referee is used

Maybe you should have checked first. I am going to refrain from replying to any more of your posts cos quite frankly you're starting to bore me"

lmao fair enuff no worries at all i understand it must be difficult for you to admit your mistake not being a true fan of the game ...as an after thought no need to start insulting people simply cos they disagree with your opinion.

"Well if that’s a sacking offence then Jeremy Clarkson must be due the death penalty by now

Jezza rules ok lol er even if e does wear jeans 2 sizes to small "

Jezza.... now there's a face I'd happily punch

"I just noticed on the beeb news site that Grey has been sacked for his sexist remarks about a female linesperson. I was wondering what peoples opinions are on this. Cheers Jon

Hello there theres a bit of an argument raging in the sky sports and the fem reporter other post within this lounge forum i note you say linesperson i love you lol

i think as i said in the other post its a male dominated sport and there views are probably agreed upon by the majority within the game just that there mics were not on .... i think its an over reaction and the decison made more from a political correct one more than anything else but saying that i dont really care i glad cos andy grays a twat lol i just hope to fook they dont replace im with ian (bigger twat) wright lol"

Update from the beeb website, Grey was already on a warning for sexist behaviour so maybe not so much of an overreaction

Maybe you should have checked first. I am going to refrain from replying to any more of your posts cos quite frankly you're starting to bore me"

Linesperson, linesman assistant referee are all one and the same but I apologise for not using the correct title of assistant ref..... oops referee

He'll know now not to ask anyone to tuck his shirt in thats for sure

lol you can say that again. Ok so the footage (From his previous slip up) they have shown on the news sites make it all look like friendly banter but is it acceptable behaviour in the work place?

well it was taken as friendly banter last month when it happened but now its turned into serious misconduct because of a few tongue in cheek comments at the weekend about an offside rule.

On the face of it,it seems ott.

However if he was already on a warning then he only has himself to blame.

The speed at which the footage came out tho suggests that SKY were maybe looking to get rid-what cheaper way than to sack someone for discrimination...

They should have been sacked , both of them.

If they had daughters and someone refused them to join in an activity because they were girls and they were told to go home with their daddies and wash dishes, I dare say the men would be livid.

They do it because they can and because of the mentality of people who say ....awwwww it's a joke , it was just banter between pals ........ There aer non so blind as those who do not want to see is all I can say. Swap the sexism for some remarks about not letting non whites be refs.... see if it's okay then.

Yes you are more likely to lose your job than a celebrity is. They walk higher on the water than you do.

By *aucy3Couple  over a year ago

glasgow

i think richard keys and andy grey,

should be sacked for their sexist comments.sky should set an example,

and give their jobs,to a female

presenter.preferebly one with

really big tits.

this is a text i got.

i don't want to come across as sexist.

you know how touchy,women can be.

By *heWolfMan  over a year ago

warwickshire

"i think richard keys and andy grey,

should be sacked for their sexist comments.sky should set an example,

and give their jobs,to a female

presenter.preferebly one with

really big tits.

this is a text i got.

i don't want to come across as sexist.

you know how touchy,women can be."

...especially if it's Blob Week. (Mind you, don't they get to skip Games then???)

well over the top, would any men expect a female presenter to loose her job if she joked that men couldn't work a washing machine or can't multi task.

By *erekduvallCouple  over a year ago

swansea

Keith Lemon ????

seems that no one can have a private conversation anymore........ I dont recall Gordon Brown getting sacked for calling an old lady a 'bigot'!!!

well as its greys second issue he has been sacked, all i have heard about keys is he has apologised to the lady in question and she has accepted. However she has been withdrawn from the game she was supposed to be officiate in tonight.. I guess some people would say shes been punished for being a victim?

"well as its greys second issue he has been sacked, all i have heard about keys is he has apologised to the lady in question and she has accepted. However she has been withdrawn from the game she was supposed to be officiate in tonight.. I guess some people would say shes been punished for being a victim? "

would be interesting to know why shes been withdrawn from match tonight was it beacause her employers possibly thought she wasnt up to scratch?... or another agenda thats shes totally upset at grays and keys remarks that she cant focus her mind for tonights match ?

"well as its greys second issue he has been sacked, all i have heard about keys is he has apologised to the lady in question and she has accepted. However she has been withdrawn from the game she was supposed to be officiate in tonight.. I guess some people would say shes been punished for being a victim?

would be interesting to know why shes been withdrawn from match tonight was it beacause her employers possibly thought she wasnt up to scratch?... or another agenda thats shes totally upset at grays and keys remarks that she cant focus her mind for tonights match ?"

She's probably going on a date with gray since he's got time off, whats funny about it all is for what i heard it was key's that was the most vocal

The reason given was the emphasis should be on the football and not the officials. She is a fully qualified official, the same standard as her male colleagues her competence was never in question during the game, only before it. More importantly she is not the first woman to officiate at a professional football club. I watched the wolves liverpool game and Sian Massey did a very good job and made some great calls

[Removed by poster at 25/01/11 21:50:59]

"The reason given was the emphasis should be on the football and not the officials. She is a fully qualified official, the same standard as her male colleagues her competence was never in question during the game, only before it. More importantly she is not the first woman to officiate at a professional football club. I watched the wolves liverpool game and Sian Massey did a very good job and made some great calls "

That’s a strange reason to give especially considering their jobs consist of scrutinising the officials decisions on a daily basis

"The reason given was the emphasis should be on the football and not the officials. She is a fully qualified official, the same standard as her male colleagues her competence was never in question during the game, only before it. More importantly she is not the first woman to officiate at a professional football club. I watched the wolves liverpool game and Sian Massey did a very good job and made some great calls "

EEH ??? still none the wiser i dont know what all the fuss was about as i didnt see that particular game but, i think its safe to say the reasons i stated in my earlier post are probably near the mark....as i dont see what other reason there could be for her to be withdrawn from tonights match.....your not a spin doctor by trade are you ?

I do agree with you there it does seem an odd decision I just hope that she gets a chance to do it again as i said she did a good job surely no one should be punished for doing a good job no matter what sex you are

"The reason given was the emphasis should be on the football and not the officials. She is a fully qualified official, the same standard as her male colleagues her competence was never in question during the game, only before it. More importantly she is not the first woman to officiate at a professional football club. I watched the wolves liverpool game and Sian Massey did a very good job and made some great calls

EEH ??? still none the wiser i dont know what all the fuss was about as i didnt see that particular game but, i think its safe to say the reasons i stated in my earlier post are probably near the mark....as i dont see what other reason there could be for her to be withdrawn from tonights match.....your not a spin doctor by trade are you ? "

nope i just believe in fair play if someone can do a job let them do it

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

if someone had it in for Gray.... then i think someone also has it in for keys...

This youtube video has just sprung up on the internet

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvsaG3b9uVY

The 'linesman' (theyve been calling her that this past two days on all news broadcasts) is milking it. She would not do 'linesman' for the crewe game tonight. Shes seeking attention and watch this space. She will soon be suing him for damages.

However i do feel Andy Grays comments were wrong, but not to the effect of sacking. Disciplined along with public apology would have been enough.

Ive had female referees when playing rugby. We all joked and teased and laughed, but when the whistle blew nothing changed. Female referees were as good/bad as the male referees. After the game in the bar, they were treated the same also and drank just as much.

Thing is though, Andy gray said his comments with at least an element of seriousness in his voice. Plus said it to the public domain. His argument would be it shouldnt be an issue because it shouldnt have been aired as he was told he was not on air.

Its going to get messy.

By *ig badMan  over a year ago

Up North :-)

"

However i do feel Andy Grays comments were wrong, but not to the effect of sacking. Disciplined along with public apology would have been enough.

"

I thought the sameas you till i watched all the commets he made and they wern't good. Sack is a bit strong and dosn't adress the issue. Suspention till the end of the season and a public broadcasted apology might have shown he was sorry for his actions.

"if someone had it in for Gray.... then i think someone also has it in for keys...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvsaG3b9uVY"

and it has now gone!!

By *umourCouple  over a year ago

Northants

"They should have been sacked , both of them.

If they had daughters and someone refused them to join in an activity because they were girls and they were told to go home with their daddies and wash dishes, I dare say the men would be livid.

They do it because they can and because of the mentality of people who say ....awwwww it's a joke , it was just banter between pals ........ There aer non so blind as those who do not want to see is all I can say. Swap the sexism for some remarks about not letting non whites be refs.... see if it's okay then.

Yes you are more likely to lose your job than a celebrity is. They walk higher on the water than you do. "

Thank you Granny, that is the answer I wanted to give, but you should see the hash I made of it!!! Although I never thought of the Racism apect that could be very similar!

xx

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"if someone had it in for Gray.... then i think someone also has it in for keys...

and it has now gone!!"

its back up and all over twitter... when "richard keys" is the no.5 trending topic Worldwide... I think shit has hit fan...

you'll find it on any decent website... and the next few words will haunt you for a while....

"did you smash it???"

I am getting that put on a T shirt!!!

"seems that no one can have a private conversation anymore........ I dont recall Gordon Brown getting sacked for calling an old lady a 'bigot'!!!"

that's NOT sexist..........

By *ig badMan  over a year ago

Up North :-)

"seems that no one can have a private conversation anymore........ I dont recall Gordon Brown getting sacked for calling an old lady a 'bigot'!!!

that's NOT sexist.........."

To true its bigist

Forum Mod

and it has now gone!!

its back up and all over twitter... when "richard keys" is the no.5 trending topic Worldwide... I think shit has hit fan...

you'll find it on any decent website... and the next few words will haunt you for a while....

"did you smash it???"

I am getting that put on a T shirt!!! "

I saw it

They are a pair of fools but if it was said off camera its a private conversation isn't it.

A private conversation is in a pub or at home. Not when you're about to broadcast NATIONWIDE! lol

Plus, Andy Gray (not grey ) was warned of his conduct and decided to continue with his antics. He was given his chance and blew it. No one to blame but himself!

Wonder what he'll do now...

"well over the top, would any men expect a female presenter to loose her job if she joked that men couldn't work a washing machine or can't multi task."

er no this wouldnt qualify as sexism because females sexist comments are never sexist there just a bit of fun ....maybe im having a blonde moment ohh fook i take back that sexist comment lol

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"They are a pair of fools but if it was said off camera its a private conversation isn't it. "

Remember microphones & Ron Atkinson? racist,sexist save it for a quiet corner in the pub.

hmmmmm am i reading this right granny says a sexist comment from joe blog is much worse than the former pm making a bigoted comment against an old lady ....

Considering Browns comment at the time he should have resigned on the spot but then hes a politician and totally void of any moral or honourable qaulities ... andy grays a tit/dick i...but a harmless 1..i add the dick with the tit justso im not attacked for making a sexist comment by using the word ..tit........so granny gordon brown makes a bigotted comment but you think its ok for him to keep his job ..because he didnt make a sexist one .....i hold my hands up i give up lol

To The Mary whitehouse supporters association ....goodnight and god bless lol er if any ladies are interested im available to provide premises should they feel the need to remove there bras and burn them lol

By *ouple4funnewCouple  over a year ago

liverpool

"I just noticed on the beeb news site that Grey has been sacked for his sexist remarks about a female linesperson. I was wondering what peoples opinions are on this. Cheers Jon"

The questions we should be asking is how and why this footage has been released now. You know, now that Andy Gray is suing the NOTW for hacking his phone.

We can all learn a lesson from this. Don't mess with Murdoch.

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

On a lighter note my missus never liked Andy Gray not Grey and his inane waffle, so all's well that ends well! Should, no I think I will start a CK thread. Think on!

"hmmmmm am i reading this right granny says a sexist comment from joe blog is much worse than the former pm making a bigoted comment against an old lady ....

Considering Browns comment at the time he should have resigned on the spot but then hes a politician and totally void of any moral or honourable qaulities ... andy grays a tit/dick i...but a harmless 1..i add the dick with the tit justso im not attacked for making a sexist comment by using the word ..tit........so granny gordon brown makes a bigotted comment but you think its ok for him to keep his job ..because he didnt make a sexist one .....i hold my hands up i give up lol "

If you are going to say something SAY it in your own name.

Bigotry and Sexism are not the same which to me is why most arguments here are spurious wank.

"hmmmmm am i reading this right granny says a sexist comment from joe blog is much worse than the former pm making a bigoted comment against an old lady ....

Considering Browns comment at the time he should have resigned on the spot but then hes a politician and totally void of any moral or honourable qaulities ... andy grays a tit/dick i...but a harmless 1..i add the dick with the tit justso im not attacked for making a sexist comment by using the word ..tit........so granny gordon brown makes a bigotted comment but you think its ok for him to keep his job ..because he didnt make a sexist one .....i hold my hands up i give up lol "

Im amazed. I never said one single solitary word of the above....

i said ....... Bigotry is not Sexism.

I never alluded as to which was the worse it's a stupid comparison to make.

"They are a pair of fools but if it was said off camera its a private conversation isn't it.

Remember microphones & Ron Atkinson? racist,sexist save it for a quiet corner in the pub. "

This post says that racism and sexism and any other ism are okay if it's not heard by anyone and you don't get caught.

So why don't we just go out and rip open the guts of groups we think we are better than and make sure we don't tell anyone. Cos .... we will only whisper it in our own group. Shhhhhhh it's okayyyyyyyyyy

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

Andy Gray has been a loose cannon on Sky Sports for some time, he was under the assumption (Like Jonathon Ross was at the BBC) that as he had a lucrative contract and had been intrenched in Sky Sports for 18 years, that he was untouchable.

There will be plenty of evidence coming up against Gray that will make any reported court case against his employers unwinnable.

EVERYTHING that is captured on VT or Audio on outside broadcasts for Sky Sports is digitally recorded, there will be no escape for Gray on what he has spouted out over those years.

The documented evidence will be damning I am sure....he would be foolish to push the matter.

"They are a pair of fools but if it was said off camera its a private conversation isn't it.

Remember microphones & Ron Atkinson? racist,sexist save it for a quiet corner in the pub.

This post says that racism and sexism and any other ism are okay if it's not heard by anyone and you don't get caught.

So why don't we just go out and rip open the guts of groups we think we are better than and make sure we don't tell anyone. Cos .... we will only whisper it in our own group. Shhhhhhh it's okayyyyyyyyyy "

I think Granny there are a few people that do think that way here and that is their opinion ( they are allowed lol ). However as far as im aware any form of discrimination in the workplace is not allowed, so people who are guilty of it should be dealt with accordingly.

should be taken as a lesson in engaging brain before opening mouth

hmm sexism in football...a bit of a grey area!

By *HAGADELICCouple  over a year ago

south london

It's clear from the continued leaks of footage that Gray and Keys have made themselves no friends at Sky TV .

This happens to on screen personalities who start to believe their own PR

Jonathan Ross had widely pissed off most of the BBC through his arrogance and the second the opportunity came there were plenty around to slip the knife in.

Would not be surprised if the next thing we hear is that Alan Hansen (massively underused at the BBC) is offered Gray's job.

Crude sexism apart ( and the latest "would you smash it" sequence from Keys is bad)....

Having said that Gray and Keys also made themselves look stupid as replays showed the lady official certainly DID know the offside law and made good difficult calls

By *teborahCouple  over a year ago

warrington

on the tv prog Loose woman its fine for woman to be basically sexist towards men every day. thats fine no problem but when its the other way around and was said on what should have been off air then its the end of the world. not defending him in any way but seems a bit hypocritical to me??

"It's clear from the continued leaks of footage that Gray and Keys have made themselves no friends at Sky TV .

This happens to on screen personalities who start to believe their own PR

Jonathan Ross had widely pissed off most of the BBC through his arrogance and the second the opportunity came there were plenty around to slip the knife in.

Would not be surprised if the next thing we hear is that Alan Hansen (massively underused at the BBC) is offered Gray's job.

Crude sexism apart ( and the latest "would you smash it" sequence from Keys is bad)....

Having said that Gray and Keys also made themselves look stupid as replays showed the lady official certainly DID know the offside law and made good difficult calls

"

o i Alan Hansen ..AKA Captain Scarlett that superb knwledeable football pundit ...er wasnt he the 1 that said man united wouldnt win the premiership with kids er only for them to win the premiership lol

By *HAGADELICCouple  over a year ago

south london

Yeah yeah crooner... it not some stupid footie point scoring thing -go and shout about female officials-

it's about who Sky TV would think about hiring - or have possibly already lined up -to fill Gray's shoes as an analyst...

Pardon granny err i did post my comment in my name ???? er yeah im fully aware bigotry and sexism are not the same.

In my view though bigotry is just as bad than sexism and vice versa, where as in your original post you seem to state sexism is worse than bigotry ..by stating gray should have been sacked for sexist remark where as brown shouldnt for bigoted remark.

Regarding your spurious wank comment well hun dont mean offence but yours just sounds like a complete load of spurious waffle

"Pardon granny err i did post my comment in my name ???? er yeah im fully aware bigotry and sexism are not the same.

In my view though bigotry is just as bad than sexism and vice versa, where as in your original post you seem to state sexism is worse than bigotry ..by stating gray should have been sacked for sexist remark where as brown shouldnt for bigoted remark.

Regarding your spurious wank comment well hun dont mean offence but yours just sounds like a complete load of spurious waffle "

not spurious blue waffle i hope!

Forum Mod

Ive taken the last post off this thread

just a reminder,please don't be offensive to other users by name calling,its easy enough to get a point across without resorting to that

I have my dogs guarding my flat screen telly

.......Sky Sports want to "smash it"

and Channel 4's Gypsies want to "grab it"

"Yeah yeah crooner... it not some stupid footie point scoring thing -go and shout about female officials-

it's about who Sky TV would think about hiring - or have possibly already lined up -to fill Gray's shoes as an analyst..."

er why are you implying i have been shouting about female officials ..when i havent?

I deeply unreservedly apologise for my lame attempt at injecting some humour into the post and oh by the way The post isnt about who should replace gray ... i see your a fellow alzeihemers sufferer to maybe we should meet up for an instantly forgettable meet....was there really any need to have a go i never said anything bad about you other than joke about some1 else ie ..Alan Hansen ....my what an obnoxious person you appear to be.

» Add a new message to this topic