FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > useing excess heat

useing excess heat

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *eppers OP   Couple  over a year ago

telford

Just been listening the radio,and there are discussing whether it is morally right to use the excess heat from a crematorium to heat a local swimming pool,

I personally cant see what the problem is, if its saving the redditch council 14,000 a year and recycling energy who really gives a damn where the heat come from.

or as usual am i missing the point?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

This was also on this morning. I cant see the problem at all

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I actually went to the funeral of my oldest friend at this crematorium last year.

If he was alive he wouldn't have a problem with it.

He'd find it funny now cos he wasn't a very good swimmer

By *umpkinMan  over a year ago

near the sounds of the wimborne quarter jack!

A crematorium near me was built near a now closed land fill site. There was a proposal to use the methane gas given off from the landfill site to fuel the crematorium`s ovens but it got dissmissed also.

Wouldn`t bother me when I`ve passed over to the other side!

Seen it on the news earlier, what's the problem? People aren't happy unless they're moaning.

See even I'm moaning about them moaning!

There are lots of brilliant ideas and inventions for renewable energy that get clamped down on. I saw one which was a small watermill like construction at the side of the house where all rain and waste water would be recycled, generating electricity for lighting Never got off the ground. Government wants the revenue from fossil fuels too badly to let renewables and solar/wind power to take off too quickly.

"There are lots of brilliant ideas and inventions for renewable energy that get clamped down on. I saw one which was a small watermill like construction at the side of the house where all rain and waste water would be recycled, generating electricity for lighting Never got off the ground. Government wants the revenue from fossil fuels too badly to let renewables and solar/wind power to take off too quickly."

While at the same time charging the Climate change levy and soon no doubt a proper carbon tax.

"

While at the same time charging the Climate change levy and soon no doubt a proper carbon tax."

Yep the double whammy is sickening. Same as 4x4's are charged more road tax but during the heavy snowfall hospitals all over the country asked for volunteers who owned such vehicles to kindly ferry medics to work and nurses to and from outpatients being cared for in the community. The carbon friendly vehicles were the ones getting stuck and causing all the chaos on the roads...

» Add a new message to this topic