FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Having a soul...

Having a soul...

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *irtyGirl OP   Woman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

I'm curious... sorry, I know it's only Monday... but what does having a soul mean to you?

Is it a religious thing?

I'm still trying to explain what it means to me so I'll come back to it in a bit...

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

is it a fish ???????????????

Having feelings inside ....... that you and only you can feel .....

To me its the very part of me that makes me me.. lots of mes in that..

Its the part of me that I bare to very few people, its the part of me that I believe is the energy inside of me.

I am not religious in a conventional way, but I do believe that there is a part of us that is energy and that can move on.. Thats what I believe is the soul.. Do I believe in heaven and hell.. well kinda.. there is good and bad in everything and everyone... so there must be something.

My soul is in safe keeping. :D

Katie. x

i've got soul..........

but i'm not a soldier

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

"is it a fish ???????????????"

you might get battered for that one !

By *uro anchorMan  over a year ago

Coventry

"is it a fish ???????????????

you might get battered for that one ! "

or flattened

"i've got soul..........

but i'm not a soldier

"

bill bailey said that was the worst lyric ever,its like saying

"I've got ham but I'm not a hamster"

you might get battered for that one ! "

i always get that sinking feeling after i make a commment like that

the way I see it we have this body which is akin to a commplex machine and it has a computer centre (brain) which guides and controls it.

However, the soul is the thing which lives within the machine, the machine is just a carrier, the soul is intangible. Imagine identical twins for example, bodies the same but they are different personalities.

Souls emanate from a beautiful prism like source and will return to the same origin.

This is how I understand it.

I believe it is a spiritual entity that inhabits our bodies so it can experience experiences(if that makes sense lol). It is the little voice in your mind that guides you, the inuitive feeling you have about something or someone, the pity is most of us hear the voice but choose to ignore it!! However our biggest problem with hearing our soul/spirit is our egos get in the way and is a louder voice!!! If we all banished our egos, what a lovely world it would be.

It's that innate thing that you'd like to think you have.no one can see it but when you die,everybody says you had one. I'd be very blase about it if I hadn't seen my dying nan have a 20 minute conversation with her dead husband,speaking about things that she really had no knowledge of.

oh and it weighs 21 grams apparently

To me it's the sum of all the parts of us that aren't physical...and, therefore, constantly changing.

I`ll stay out of this as much as possible, or I`ll take over the thread lol...

But to me its a spiritual proposition, not a religious one .....

Great question tho....

you might get battered for that one !

i always get that sinking feeling after i make a commment like that "

On the scale of things you could be in deep water....i'll get my coat!!

so if soul about your inner feelings and only your feelings what is the meaning of soul mates as this to me would be a shared feeling not ones own???????????????

sorry to add a spanner to the works

Edinburgh

"I`ll stay out of this as much as possible, or I`ll take over the thread lol...

Great question tho...."

Noooooooooooo... don't stay out of it! Take over the thread... I'd like to hear it!

it's an affinity of souls, can't see a problem with that.

Great question tho....

Noooooooooooo... don't stay out of it! Take over the thread... I'd like to hear it! "

Thats a very kind thing to say bless you !.....

I`ll join in sometime ...Lol x

"so if soul about your inner feelings and only your feelings what is the meaning of soul mates as this to me would be a shared feeling not ones own???????????????

sorry to add a spanner to the works "

Well not a spanner in the works at all.

Soul mates is not necassarily shared feelings but its that feeling, which is intangible , of knowing you know without knowing why (oooo that sounds gobbledy gook lol)

Edinburgh

Great question tho....

Noooooooooooo... don't stay out of it! Take over the thread... I'd like to hear it!

I`ll join in sometime ...Lol x"

I hope you do cause I'm of the same view, I don't do religion but I believe I have a soul... was chatting to a friend and he said that it's a religious thing and that's where it stemmed from. I can't disagree with that cause I don't know anything about religion (long may that continue) but I can say that it's not how I see it if that makes sense.

If someone were to not have a soul...how would they know they exist?

Great question tho....

I hope you do cause I'm of the same view, I don't do religion but I believe I have a soul... was chatting to a friend and he said that it's a religious thing and that's where it stemmed from. I can't disagree with that cause I don't know anything about religion (long may that continue) but I can say that it's not how I see it if that makes sense.

"

I don't believe its a religious thing at all...religion is a man made device that allows the few to control the many!!

Great question tho....

"

you don't need to know anything about religion to understand that there is a spark in us that is inexplicable. It's the reason why we are always looking for knowledge.

There are loads of religions and they are just "stystems, procedures, methods and forms" at the end of the day. Can't for the life of me fathom why peeps should want to fight about them.

"If someone were to not have a soul...how would they know they exist?"

thats a bit like what come first the fish or the egg

"I'm curious... sorry, I know it's only Monday... but what does having a soul mean to you?

Is it a religious thing?

I'm still trying to explain what it means to me so I'll come back to it in a bit...

"

its not religous to me but it means caring enough not to want to offend or upset another person unless there was no other way to get the message through to them.

i try to be nicish to everyone,thats what a soul means to me

"If someone were to not have a soul...how would they know they exist?"

how would it be lifted by the beauty of music?

"I'm curious... sorry, I know it's only Monday... but what does having a soul mean to you?

Is it a religious thing?

its not religous to me but it means caring enough not to want to offend or upset another person unless there was no other way to get the message through to them.

i try to be nicish to everyone,thats what a soul means to me"

nice - ish?????

"If someone were to not have a soul...how would they know they exist?

how would it be lifted by the beauty of music?"

Beauty in any form would not exist.

I think the soul is what makes us who we are. I too believe it's something spiritual and intangible. It's what breathes insides of us without making a sound. I don't believe any two souls are the same though I do believe two souls can be a perfect match: soul mates. And I also believe, when it happens, you just know. I don't think it has to be a romantic thing either. It's when you can completely be yourself, faults an all without worry or fear of losing that connection.

I think of it in the same way I do nature. It's a greater entity that none of us completely understand. Which is why it's so hard to put into words. But it's there. Buried deep sometimes,lying dormant in many cases because people are frightened to let other's see what they perceive to be a weakness.

thats a bit like what come first the fish or the egg "

that's not a problem anymore as science has shown that it was the "egg" not as we percieve an egg today of course but as opposed to a fully formed (evolved) creature. one less to worry your pretty head about

thats a bit like what come first the fish or the egg

that's not a problem anymore as science has shown that it was the "egg" not as we percieve an egg today of course but as opposed to a fully formed (evolved) creature. one less to worry your pretty head about "

wow, iam impressed, i must do more reading. fancy joining a quiz team lol

"I think the soul is what makes us who we are. I too believe it's something spiritual and intangible. It's what breathes insides of us without making a sound. I don't believe any two souls are the same though I do believe two souls can be a perfect match: soul mates. And I also believe, when it happens, you just know. I don't think it has to be a romantic thing either. It's when you can completely be yourself, faults an all without worry or fear of losing that connection.

I think of it in the same way I do nature. It's a greater entity that none of us completely understand. Which is why it's so hard to put into words. But it's there. Buried deep sometimes,lying dormant in many cases because people are frightened to let other's see what they perceive to be a weakness.

"

Agree with much of this. I think a soul will know another with which it can really connect...be that one other or a hundred. It's there to protect us, to feel everything important we feel and to be our guide and our judge.

"I think the soul is what makes us who we are. I too believe it's something spiritual and intangible. It's what breathes insides of us without making a sound. I don't believe any two souls are the same though I do believe two souls can be a perfect match: soul mates. And I also believe, when it happens, you just know. I don't think it has to be a romantic thing either. It's when you can completely be yourself, faults an all without worry or fear of losing that connection.

"

You`ve done it now, that brought a tear to my eye. Beautifully put.

By *orestersCouple  over a year ago

The Forest

Personally, I think the word "soul" originates from a religious definition to describe a person's self-awareness in relation to their chosen spritual path. I am self-aware, so to a religious person I have a soul. Does my "soul" continue after I die? No, I'm not that arrogant to believe that I am anything more than a complicated mixture of carbon molecules and water that completely ceases to exist on any level after death and cremation. Except perhaps a small bag of ashes.

"Personally, I think the word "soul" originates from a religious definition to describe a person's self-awareness in relation to their chosen spritual path. I am self-aware, so to a religious person I have a soul. Does my "soul" continue after I die? No, I'm not that arrogant to believe that I am anything more than a complicated mixture of carbon molecules and water that completely ceases to exist on any level after death and cremation. Except perhaps a small bag of ashes. "

n a wardrobe full o shoes

Great question tho....

"

Its a slightly silly thing for you`re friend to say, with respect......

Surely you can be spiritual without being religious...

Mabye its useful to ask, what is spirituality...to me its that something that I know I have but doesn`t concern my physical or material needs....

I could say its an inner light ...amongst many other things Lol...That recognition of connection ....does that make sense ?

As an aside I heard years ago a pithy saying that made me smile ...

Religion is for people who don`t want to go to Hell.......spirituality is for those that have been there and don`t want to go back !!....made my something inside smile anyway ...

"Personally, I think the word "soul" originates from a religious definition to describe a person's self-awareness in relation to their chosen spritual path. I am self-aware, so to a religious person I have a soul. Does my "soul" continue after I die? No, I'm not that arrogant to believe that I am anything more than a complicated mixture of carbon molecules and water that completely ceases to exist on any level after death and cremation. Except perhaps a small bag of ashes. "

Mayhaps you could consider that a person, whilst in your view and implication is arrogant to believe in an eternal Soul...would be imbued with a sense of humility, and respect that your belief, doesn`t require arrogance....just perception.....

By *orestersCouple  over a year ago

The Forest

"Personally, I think the word "soul" originates from a religious definition to describe a person's self-awareness in relation to their chosen spritual path. I am self-aware, so to a religious person I have a soul. Does my "soul" continue after I die? No, I'm not that arrogant to believe that I am anything more than a complicated mixture of carbon molecules and water that completely ceases to exist on any level after death and cremation. Except perhaps a small bag of ashes.

Mayhaps you could consider that a person, whilst in your view and implication is arrogant to believe in an eternal Soul...would be imbued with a sense of humility, and respect that your belief, doesn`t require arrogance....just perception....."

No, not any person - me. Imo to me, spirituality is just a word for an unspecified religious belief - the definitions of both words are entirely down to the individual. But I do like the music of Isaac Hayes.

Just out of interest - why do you use a capital "S" in your post for soul?

By *he_original_poloWoman  over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

Your soul is what makes you super bad... reference: James Brown

Is it a religious thing?

"

It means being an individual not the same as everyone else. Well that is how i see it.

"Personally, I think the word "soul" originates from a religious definition to describe a person's self-awareness in relation to their chosen spritual path. I am self-aware, so to a religious person I have a soul. Does my "soul" continue after I die? No, I'm not that arrogant to believe that I am anything more than a complicated mixture of carbon molecules and water that completely ceases to exist on any level after death and cremation. Except perhaps a small bag of ashes.

Mayhaps you could consider that a person, whilst in your view and implication is arrogant to believe in an eternal Soul...would be imbued with a sense of humility, and respect that your belief, doesn`t require arrogance....just perception.....

No, not any person - me. Imo to me, spirituality is just a word for an unspecified religious belief - the definitions of both words are entirely down to the individual. But I do like the music of Isaac Hayes.

Just out of interest - why do you use a capital "S" in your post for soul?"

Okee dokee....fair enough.....yeah...Isacc Hayes tis cool here s`well

By *aucy3Couple  over a year ago

glasgow

imho,a soul is an imaginary entity.

that humans cling to.to give them,

hope of some kind of life,after death.

sorry.

you are who you are,that's nature,

upbringing,and chance.

not because of you'r soul.

Edinburgh

Interesting... I still can't explain it but I'm glad I'm not the only one.

"

That is exactly what i was trying to convey,and blimey you did it so much more eloquently than i did xx

My sister reckons I'm on my last life..... therefore my soul has done the rouinds and has nothing left to answer for.....I like her thinking

That is exactly what i was trying to convey,and blimey you did it so much more eloquently than i did xx"

I bared my soul

Well you have my soul, his soul which together makes our souls

"Well you have my soul, his soul which together makes our souls "

More souls the better

By *ig badMan  over a year ago

Up North :-)

Is it a religious thing?

"

Ooo deep thought but a good question for here. Well for me it is somewhat spiritual and i put it down to life essence. I have seen people who have lost the will to live in the past and they seemed devoid of an inner spark. I have always assumed that,s the soul, the life essence.

Is it a religious thing?

Ooo deep thought but a good question for here. Well for me it is somewhat spiritual and i put it down to life essence. I have seen people who have lost the will to live in the past and they seemed devoid of an inner spark. I have always assumed that,s the soul, the life essence."

naaa that's called cum

By *nvictusMan  over a year ago

Beeston

Interesting thread. I do religion, but not one of the conventional ones.

To me your soul is initially defined at birth by the actions and behaviour of your ancestors, your immediate blood relatives. A little like the idea of a racial memory. As you grow up you add to that with your own personality, the things that happen to you to define you and add new layers to this.

When you die part of that soul may well go on to 'somewhere else', but part may linger on in your family line and be incorporated into a new soul when one is born into your family.

Well, that's the short version anyway!

Edinburgh

Someone just said to me this morning that I'm a kind soul. Got me thinking about this again. I think that's maybe part of it for me. It's what makes me me. I don't know how to word it though. It's not so much a life after death thing, it's just about how I live and what I do. It's like my inside.

*goes to ponder some more*

"Someone just said to me this morning that I'm a kind soul. Got me thinking about this again. I think that's maybe part of it for me. It's what makes me me. I don't know how to word it though. It's not so much a life after death thing, it's just about how I live and what I do. It's like my inside.

*goes to ponder some more*"

when someone says that your a kind soul doesn`t that mean only in a figure of speach not a deep meaning of inner soul????

Edinburgh

"Someone just said to me this morning that I'm a kind soul. Got me thinking about this again. I think that's maybe part of it for me. It's what makes me me. I don't know how to word it though. It's not so much a life after death thing, it's just about how I live and what I do. It's like my inside.

when someone says that your a kind soul doesn`t that mean only in a figure of speach not a deep meaning of inner soul????"

Possibly... but it doesn't stop me pondering!

when someone says that your a kind soul doesn`t that mean only in a figure of speach not a deep meaning of inner soul????

Possibly... but it doesn't stop me pondering!

"

ooooh Ponderland, I love it there.

Can't beat a good ponder

"Interesting thread. I do religion, but not one of the conventional ones.

To me your soul is initially defined at birth by the actions and behaviour of your ancestors, your immediate blood relatives. A little like the idea of a racial memory. As you grow up you add to that with your own personality, the things that happen to you to define you and add new layers to this.

When you die part of that soul may well go on to 'somewhere else', but part may linger on in your family line and be incorporated into a new soul when one is born into your family.

Well, that's the short version anyway! "

Sounds a bit like Hindu philosophy.

By *nvictusMan  over a year ago

Beeston

Sounds a bit like Hindu philosophy."

Not dissimilar in many ways, its actually one view (of many) of the old northern European pre-Christian faiths. A kind of ancestor veneration.

Sounds a bit like Hindu philosophy.

Not dissimilar in many ways, its actually one view (of many) of the old northern European pre-Christian faiths. A kind of ancestor veneration. "

Sounds both natural and logical to me, especially with what is now known about DNA and how it can evolve, transform and carry information.

» Add a new message to this topic