FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Does blowing your own trumpet...

Does blowing your own trumpet...

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Do certain words people use to describe themselves put you off meeting them?

Those who describe themselves as 'beautiful, attractive, good looking, tend to put me off. Not because I think I am too fuglie to meet them, but I just think a persons looks are subjective and down to how others percieve them....

so I just think "Fuck me,another one who believes they are in the beautiful people brigade!"

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Do certain words people use to describe themselves put you off meeting them?

Those who describe themselves as 'beautiful, attractive, good looking, tend to put me off. Not because I think I am too fuglie to meet them, but I just think a persons looks are subjective and down to how others percieve them....

so I just think "Fuck me,another one who believes they are in the beautiful people brigade!""

add professional too

I was browsing a females profile and she described herself as 'Stunning'

For someone who didnt have a facial pic i wasnt quite so sure what to make of it.. little arrogant or perhaps just confident

By *mumaWoman  over a year ago

Livingston

I never describe my looks for fear of not getting a meet.

I think beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so let them be the judge. You may think you are gods gift, but you wont appeal to everyone and you can bet your bottom dollar someone will think you are a fuglie.

"I never describe my looks for fear of not getting a meet. "

According to popular belief, profiles are not read, so it doesnt matter wht you write lol....I do read them though. hence the thread.

By *uro anchorMan  over a year ago

Coventry

"I never describe my looks for fear of not getting a meet. "

dont worry sure ull get a meet one day xx

Untill i come on sites like this never see myself as nice lovely just Jo..and still like that ..John would tell me i was lovely every day he tells me.... now when i go on my cam in chat room thay go mad saying lots of lovely things i call them all charmers .... and say you say this to everyone here just to get your leg-over , lol xxx god we are what we are xx more to me then a face , lol

i've just read a single fems profile that read she is stunning and needs to be worshipped by anyone who is lucky enough to meet her, she also went on to say that she is extremely high maintenance

so I just sent a wink

so I just think "Fuck me,another one who believes they are in the beautiful people brigade!""

I don't get people's problem with how folks describe themselves. If a person's looks are subjective, why can't the person writing the profile think of themselves as beautiful/attractive whichever word they choose? Are we now at a point in society where we need to lie and say, well actually I think I'm an ugly fucker for fear of being chastised if we don't? I cannot understand the problem with this, though from the numerous forum discussions reference said subject, it's clear there is a problem. I personally don't use descriptives to describe myself because I choose to put on pictures which means people can make up their own mind. But those who don't, I suppose have to give some description of themselves. It wouldn't put me off. I prefer it when people are confident enough to be honest about how the perceive themselves. I see attractive as just that, and I don't necessarily read it to mean they think they look attractive, attractive is more than just a picture. It actually annoys me more when people say ... I know I'm not the best looking ...

they're just fishing for compliments and that does my head in way more than the ones who say, yeah, I'm/we're fukin hot, come get me baby! The cheek is much more appealing than the false, fishing bullshit

Beautiful brigade? I'm quite happy to walk on in there and oggle these bigheaded evil doers Where do they hang out?

Beauty is definitly the eye of the beholder.

The ones that make me laugh is a demon with his tongue,so that means he as a very small cock?

We are looking for model types and slim people,when themselves look like they both need a bath and a mirror and a diet.

The ones that say I am the perfect gentleman,are you fuck,your just here to get into my panties.

The best one is just looking to see whats on here? Doesnt take a genius to work out whats on here.

"i've just read a single fems profile that read she is stunning and needs to be worshipped by anyone who is lucky enough to meet her, she also went on to say that she is extremely high maintenance

so I just sent a wink "

your brave to do that , lol maybe 5star hotels and champage dinner too x

"i've just read a single fems profile that read she is stunning and needs to be worshipped by anyone who is lucky enough to meet her, she also went on to say that she is extremely high maintenance

so I just sent a wink your brave to do that , lol maybe 5star hotels and champage dinner too x"

What's wrong with that? 5 star hotels and champagne dinners are nice

[Removed by poster at 24/01/11 11:46:43]

so I just think "Fuck me,another one who believes they are in the beautiful people brigade!"

I don't get people's problem with how folks describe themselves. If a person's looks are subjective, why can't the person writing the profile think of themselves as beautiful/attractive whichever word they choose? Are we now at a point in society where we need to lie and say, well actually I think I'm an ugly fucker for fear of being chastised if we don't? I cannot understand the problem with this, though from the numerous forum discussions reference said subject, it's clear there is a problem. I personally don't use descriptives to describe myself because I choose to put on pictures which means people can make up their own mind. But those who don't, I suppose have to give some description of themselves. It wouldn't put me off. I prefer it when people are confident enough to be honest about how the perceive themselves. I see attractive as just that, and I don't necessarily read it to mean they think they look attractive, attractive is more than just a picture. It actually annoys me more when people say ... I know I'm not the best looking ...

they're just fishing for compliments and that does my head in way more than the ones who say, yeah, I'm/we're fukin hot, come get me baby! The cheek is much more appealing than the false, fishing bullshit

Beautiful brigade? I'm quite happy to walk on in there and oggle these bigheaded evil doers Where do they hang out? "

I did not say they could not or should not describe themselves as they see fit. I merely put my point of view across that I find it off putting.

No different to someone describing themselves as W/E or V/W/E.....that again is subjective depending on what you view as endowed.

The OP was not a dig at anyone, but merely a question asking if certain words in a profile would put you off meeting them with an example.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

"I think beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so let them be the judge. You may think you are gods gift, but you wont appeal to everyone and you can bet your bottom dollar someone will think you are a fuglie. "

I agree, i leave it to the other person to decide whether they think im attractive or not. Have to say i have NEVER come across anyone who has very good looking on their profile to live up to it. Looks are subjective and even though someone may find themselves good looking doesnt meant to say anyone else will

Beautiful brigade? I'm quite happy to walk on in there and oggle these bigheaded evil doers Where do they hang out?

I did not say they could not or should not describe themselves as they see fit. I merely put my point of view across that I find it off putting.

No different to someone describing themselves as W/E or V/W/E.....that again is subjective depending on what you view as endowed.

The OP was not a dig at anyone, but merely a question asking if certain words in a profile would put you off meeting them with an example.

"

I know I wasn't implying you were digging at anyone in particular, I was just answering

[Removed by poster at 24/01/11 11:49:43]

To answer the question - I chuckle when I read some of the profiles, and admire the confidence that some rather plain looking people (in my opinion) have in believing they're good looking.

If they float my boat I'll answer the message, if they don't...I won't - hardly rocket science really.

Quite frankly what people put on their profile, or how they wish to describe themselves is not for me to question: it works for them!

Okay, I think using my example may have put people off down the wrong track! lol.

I was not starting a discussion on whether people should or should not say they are beautiful, how they percieve themselves it their perrogative....it was merely a thread to see if certain words in a profile would put you off meeting that person

"I think beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so let them be the judge. You may think you are gods gift, but you wont appeal to everyone and you can bet your bottom dollar someone will think you are a fuglie.

I agree, i leave it to the other person to decide whether they think im attractive or not. Have to say i have NEVER come across anyone who has very good looking on their profile to live up to it. Looks are subjective and even though someone may find themselves good looking doesnt meant to say anyone else will"

That's fair enough. But my point (which I'm not getting across very well, I think) is that if they do think they're good looking, what's so wrong with that? They're not saying you will definitely find me good looking, they're just saying, they think they are. Which actually gives you an idea of what they consider to be good looking. So in a way, it gives you an insight. They could be (in the reader's opinion) delusional or spot on.

Watersports, Gangbangs, Poo or Pain have me running a Mile

so I just sent a wink your brave to do that , lol maybe 5star hotels and champage dinner too x

What's wrong with that? 5 star hotels and champagne dinners are nice "

true i love them now and again. Some of the high maintenace woman thats what thay are looking for x

"Okay, I think using my example may have put people off down the wrong track! lol.

I was not starting a discussion on whether people should or should not say they are beautiful, how they percieve themselves it their perrogative....it was merely a thread to see if certain words in a profile would put you off meeting that person "

Yep..."married" usually works!!!

It doesn't put me off if it doesn't look arrogant. You see profiles with photos taken at flattering angles, you see people put confident, intelligent etc as well. I always make my own mind up but i would rather meet someone who is over confident than under confident.

By *irtyGirlWoman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

I think I use that exact phrase in my profile!

I'd never describe my looks though... I don't think I hit the ugly tree but at the same time I don't think I'm beautiful. It's definitely in the eye of the beholder but it makes me cringe reading that from someone talking about themselves.

*wanders off to check profile*

so I just sent a wink your brave to do that , lol maybe 5star hotels and champage dinner too x

What's wrong with that? 5 star hotels and champagne dinners are nice true i love them now and again. Some of the high maintenace woman thats what thay are looking for x"

I'm not sure why it's classed as high maintenance to be honest. When I go away I tend to stay in four of five star hotels (which I pay for). Must admit I don't care for champagne on a regular basis, I have to be in the mood for it. I just don't think because I indulge in casual sex, it means I have to have it in dingy digs!

It doesn't put me off if it doesn't look arrogant. You see profiles with photos taken at flattering angles, you see people put confident, intelligent etc as well. I always make my own mind up but i would rather meet someone who is over confident than under confident. "

Me too

"I think beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so let them be the judge. You may think you are gods gift, but you wont appeal to everyone and you can bet your bottom dollar someone will think you are a fuglie.

I agree, i leave it to the other person to decide whether they think im attractive or not. Have to say i have NEVER come across anyone who has very good looking on their profile to live up to it. Looks are subjective and even though someone may find themselves good looking doesnt meant to say anyone else will

That's fair enough. But my point (which I'm not getting across very well, I think) is that if they do think they're good looking, what's so wrong with that? They're not saying you will definitely find me good looking, they're just saying, they think they are. Which actually gives you an idea of what they consider to be good looking. So in a way, it gives you an insight. They could be (in the reader's opinion) delusional or spot on. "

And the point I am trying to make ( also unsuccessfully) is there is nothing wrong with it....but that is puts ME off for the reason stated in the OP.

VWE also puts me off....makes me think ouch!

I was just interested in other peoples opinions.

I give up...it turned into a beautiful discussion thread lol!

Edinburgh

"I give up...it turned into a beautiful discussion thread lol!"

Words that put me off...

'heavy cummer'

*vomits*

Who in their right mind would think that's a plus?! Garglers anonymous?!

What's wrong with that? 5 star hotels and champagne dinners are nice true i love them now and again. Some of the high maintenace woman thats what thay are looking for x

I'm not sure why it's classed as high maintenance to be honest. When I go away I tend to stay in four of five star hotels (which I pay for). Must admit I don't care for champagne on a regular basis, I have to be in the mood for it. I just don't think because I indulge in casual sex, it means I have to have it in dingy digs! "

god no i would never stay in dingy digs ... i pay if meet men in hotels as i hate them spending there money on me even get the wine or champage chocs ,, lol thay give me sex and a lovely time .. but most of the time its here at my home. All thay pay is petrol x I indulge them x

"I give up...it turned into a beautiful discussion thread lol!"
Looks only skin deep meet people at clubs over the years looked nice but the biggest biches going and in my eyes thay was yukkkkkkkk

"I give up...it turned into a beautiful discussion thread lol!

Words that put me off...

'heavy cummer'

*vomits*

Who in their right mind would think that's a plus?! Garglers anonymous?! "

Gals into bukkake ?

That's fair enough. But my point (which I'm not getting across very well, I think) is that if they do think they're good looking, what's so wrong with that? They're not saying you will definitely find me good looking, they're just saying, they think they are. Which actually gives you an idea of what they consider to be good looking. So in a way, it gives you an insight. They could be (in the reader's opinion) delusional or spot on.

And the point I am trying to make ( also unsuccessfully) is there is nothing wrong with it....but that is puts ME off for the reason stated in the OP.

VWE also puts me off....makes me think ouch!

I was just interested in other peoples opinions.

"

Capitals put me off. Shouting at people in a patronising and or condescending manner. I find that to be the height of arrogance. When people berate single men, it puts me off also.

Words that put me off...

'heavy cummer'

*vomits*

Gals into bukkake ? "

LOL for gangbangs/bukkake, it's definitely useful! It wouldn't put me off

Words that put me off...

'heavy cummer'

*vomits*

Gals into bukkake ?

LOL for gangbangs/bukkake, it's definitely useful! It wouldn't put me off "

The melancholy of a dribbler......

Edinburgh

Bleurgh!!!

I'll never make a gang banger that's for sure!

Nothing puts me off, as I`m thankfull for any interaction.

I go out of my way to deride myself on our profile, in the hope that when we finally meet another couple I`m not a total dissapointment.

That, together with a few "tongue in cheek" comments aimed at the "beautifull people" appears to work quite well.

"Nothing puts me off, as I`m thankfull for any interaction.

I go out of my way to deride myself on our profile, in the hope that when we finally meet another couple I`m not a total dissapointment.

That, together with a few "tongue in cheek" comments aimed at the "beautifull people" appears to work quite well."

I think you're profile is hilarious. It's brilliantly done and even the caps work, somehow you manage to make them inoffensive

"Dogging couple" always leaves a stain on my mind..........just ain`t pretty somehow.......

'Actions speak louder than words'

"'Actions speak louder than words'

"

sure do , lol some say all sorts to stand out and in the bed room crap , lol

i hate vain people

they are usually crap shag you know

i met one guy who was so far up his own arse he was licking his eye balls and he was usless in bed

and theres a deffo pattern, ive met a few guys who love themselves and none of them have been that good in the sack

"i hate vain people

i met one guy who was so far up his own arse he was licking his eye balls and he was usless in bed

and theres a deffo pattern, ive met a few guys who love themselves and none of them have been that good in the sack

"

We're all vain. If we weren't, we wouldn't bother getting dressed up nicely to go meet people

[Removed by poster at 24/01/11 13:12:50]

I am sure they do and it works for them lol

Its a skill

"i hate vain people

We're all vain. If we weren't, we wouldn't bother getting dressed up nicely to go meet people "

ahhh thats not vanity, taking a pride in yourself dont make you vain

i wear make up cause im a ugly fooker not cause im vain lmao

Its a two-way argument .

On one hand we need to stand out from the crowd and then judging by this thread its not a good idea .

Myself I try to keep it real .

Does it work ???

"Its a two-way argument .

On one hand we need to stand out from the crowd and then judging by this thread its not a good idea .

Does it work ???"

You tell us?

"Nothing puts me off, as I`m thankfull for any interaction.

That, together with a few "tongue in cheek" comments aimed at the "beautifull people" appears to work quite well.

I think you're profile is hilarious. It's brilliantly done and even the caps work, somehow you manage to make them inoffensive "

One must make an effort, We won`t give profiles a second look when their profile states a simple "Genuine" or "attractive couple looking for fun", FFS, go tenpin bowling or trainspotting.

Self praise is no praise at all.

"I think beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so let them be the judge. You may think you are gods gift, but you wont appeal to everyone and you can bet your bottom dollar someone will think you are a fuglie. "

I just say "im ok looking"

Not scared too many as yet anyways

"Its a two-way argument .

Does it work ???

You tell us? "

Still working on the answer to that I could keep you posted with my findings lol

I think I did a good job of killing this thread . Sorry wench

naaa we are all waiting with bated breath

By *inky24big35Couple  over a year ago

blackpool

i think sometimes it can seem abit vain saying their stunning,i just put my pic up and ppl have their own option of u.i know i aint gorg

I feel the vain ones are the ugly ones,maybe not in looks but deep down. You can easily be ugly on the inside.

There is nobody that isn't guilty of vanity...if you consider yourself to be stunning, average or pug ugly...it's all still vanity.

We owe so much to vanity, we people here on earth. Although we have the gift to see, beyond the obvious, the false.

I don't know how to play a trumpet, so why would I want to blow it

I did at school but gave me sore lips

"We owe so much to vanity, we people here on earth. Although we have the gift to see, beyond the obvious, the false. "

Some do!

"I did at school but gave me sore lips "
and you had so much potential too

"naaa we are all waiting with bated breath"

Its unanimous

It doesnt bother me how people describe themselves, it doesnt put me off.

I like confidence and whilst I am aware of my own limitations, I would never describe myself as ugly as I know that I am not. I wouldnt say im stunning either, as again I know im not, but I am far from ugly. I do have fab tummy and cellulite arse though.

I dont like people who say, oh im ugly, when in reality they are very pretty but are just fishing for compliments. Or those who say, im fat and they're a size 0. We've all got to be reasonably confident as we wouldnt be here.

fat not fab lol

"There is nobody that isn't guilty of vanity...if you consider yourself to be stunning, average or pug ugly...it's all still vanity."

That was the point I was trying to make earlier in this thread, ty for making the point more concisely than I did. Here's a dictionary definition:

excessively proud of or concerned about one's own appearance, qualities, achievements, etc.; conceited: a vain dandy.

There does seem to be an excessive concern in these forums lol IMHO

Handsome, good looking, WE, or VWE, lots of stamina etc. etc. put me off meeting a gent!

» Add a new message to this topic