FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > In town on business

In town on business

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

How many of us get these messages from guys in our town on business. Me I wouldn't dream of meeting someone under those circumstances it really does piss me off. I get several on a daily basis.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ercedes62Woman  over a year ago

Northampton

Well your certainly not the only one and just two seconds ago i had the very same.

Not for me either and i do have a wording on my profile that clearly states i dont meet on this basis.

Mercedes x

By *irtyGirlWoman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

I wouldn't meet them either and say as much on my profile. It doesn't piss me off any more than the messages from the other people who don't read my profile. I just say no thanks and delete the message.

By *andKCouple  over a year ago

Norfolk

"How many of us get these messages from guys in our town on business. Me I wouldn't dream of meeting someone under those circumstances it really does piss me off. I get several on a daily basis."

damn it I'm in Plymouth for 3 days every month too

Norfolk

"I wouldn't meet them either and say as much on my profile. It doesn't piss me off any more than the messages from the other people who don't read my profile. I just say no thanks and delete the message. "

oh dear I can see where this is going cos I'm inEdinburgh tomorrow

Make your mind up lol

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

If they are newbies, then they can't message me as I have them blocked.

Since I seldom play during weekdays, I am not a good prospect for a meet, so I seldom get those messages.

If they are not new, on business in a hotel somewhere, yet their profiles say "Cannot Accommodate", then I smell a fish and would take that as someone playing away from home while on business.

I usually say thank you but no thanks.

Norfolk

"Make your mind up lol"

I go all over the place next week is Edinburgh, Glasgow and Portsmouth but then the next week could easily be Plymouth

By *thwalescplCouple  over a year ago

brecon

Lol, if someone is here on business, its either farm related, or... erm.... well, thats about it really lol!

Ive had the occasional message saying 'wow torbay is such a beautiful town'

WRONG - torbay is an area consisting of a few towns.. so i know they are fibbing or not local

You tell them

Northampton

Well they could say they are coming to visit the zoo

Mercedes x

Norfolk

"Ive had the occasional message saying 'wow torbay is such a beautiful town'

WRONG - torbay is an area consisting of a few towns.. so i know they are fibbing or not local "

does Poole count as Torbay?

"does Poole count as Torbay?"

lmao - Poole isnt in the same county and is about 3 hours away from Torbay haha

Torbay is Torquay/Paignton/Brixham... i actually live in Dartmouth (yes im aware i lied in my location but i drive and dont like to play too close to home)

"Well they could say they are coming to visit the zoo

Mercedes x"

ah the Zoo,, my little one loves it there, im so lucky to live in South Devon. :D

Northampton

0h a trip on the ferry then

Mercedes x

Norfolk

it was meant as a joke!!!! pmsl now Dartmouth is yet ANOTHER place I do go to

"it was meant as a joke!!!! pmsl now Dartmouth is yet ANOTHER place I do go to "

Im confused.. my mind is frazzled..

do you or dont you? lol

"does Poole count as Torbay?

lmao - Poole isnt in the same county and is about 3 hours away from Torbay haha

Torbay is Torquay/Paignton/Brixham... i actually live in Dartmouth (yes im aware i lied in my location but i drive and dont like to play too close to home)"

Fair enough.

Northampton

Well Northampton is not on the visit list

Mercedes x

Norfolk

"Well Northampton is not on the visit list

Mercedes x"

we just visit friends in Northampton ........... and it is on the way from here to Chameleons

i get a few but i delete

unless they are on my friends list or i speak to them in chat or the forum, then i would meet for a social if i was avialable x

Northampton

Well i dont live there either

Mercedes x

Norfolk

"it was meant as a joke!!!! pmsl now Dartmouth is yet ANOTHER place I do go to

do you or dont you? lol"

basically if there is water I am likely to be there at sometime or other

Norfolk

"Well i dont live there either

Mercedes x"

oh dear - do you live anywhere near the A14?

"How many of us get these messages from guys in our town on business. Me I wouldn't dream of meeting someone under those circumstances it really does piss me off. I get several on a daily basis."

Yes, I get quite a few of them too, but they certainly don't piss me off! I find presseing delete quite theraputic...I've bigger things to worry about than some travelling salesman hoping to get his leg over!

I get lots too saying working this way and staying in a hotel please meet .. lol Now if thay said come meet me for dinner maybe , lol if nice x

Northampton

Yes quite close to junction 9

Mercedes x

Norfolk

"Yes quite close to junction 9

Mercedes x"

definately on our route to Chameleons then

Northampton

Yes i know

Mercedes x

I dont get away that much on busisness nowadays.. but when i did, i never really did the "i'm in town fancy a fuck" messages.

i'm not just here to get my leg over. for me the freindship and socail asspect of swinging is more important.. dont get me wrong i enjoy the sexual side. but not the holy grail for me.

if i was to meet someone, it would be in the hope that we could met again, and build a freindship..

but then.. its each to there own.. i'm guessing there are women, couples and Single guys on the site that are only interested in getting anonther notch. so the "in town" kinda mets probably suits them.

By *ensual temptressWoman  over a year ago

Southampton

yep always get the chancers and ones who obviously not bothered their arse to read profile .but way i look at it theyve saved me time as showen me right off def not a potential meet .so no need to chat just hit delete ....job done !!!

I get them quite often.. Sometimes they are worded and quite respectful, but the fact is we meet when we want something not when some guy is in the mood.. lol

We just politely reply and then block.

Katie.x

Agree with Jiggle. There's a place for most things on this site, so many different tastes.

What I don't get is why men would contact people who specifically say they won't meet under these circumstances. It demonstrates either an unpleasant arrogance or an inability to listen (or read profiles) which wouldn't translate well into bed...

Does this also p off single guys when getting these from women?

just curious.

"Does this also p off single guys when getting these from women?

just curious."

As if single guys get this, answers on a postcard please

Southampton

"Agree with Jiggle. There's a place for most things on this site, so many different tastes.

What I don't get is why men would contact people who specifically say they won't meet under these circumstances. It demonstrates either an unpleasant arrogance or an inability to listen (or read profiles) which wouldn't translate well into bed..."

i have asked this before and i got the "well its worth a try " answer. not flattering and as you say doesnt translate well to meeting let alone in bed lol !! they are obviously part of the "any holes a goal brigade .sorry i want quality not quantity

What it means is they can't be arsed to read a profile and skip down to the pictures instead.

I have loads of Friends all over the Country I see, we did get to know each other by messages and phone calls way before meeting, I wouldn't approach someone as a one off as I prefer getting to know someone first but there are plenty that do it succesfully and some that prefer meeting someone not local, so what suits one doesn't suit another but each to their own

just curious."

if really nice looking and i like ... i have meet 1 or 2 in there hotels and was good fun. x

Southampton

lol yep soooooo predictable .they will be the same ones lets skip any conversation and fore play and just shove it in lol !!! huge let down in bed lol

I do stump them though and say well it's a social meet 1st time plus I want to be watered and fed then if I like you I'll be happy to meet again. They soon decline knowing they've got to cough up for dinner and dinner without sex too.

"I do stump them though and say well it's a social meet 1st time plus I want to be watered and fed then if I like you I'll be happy to meet again. They soon decline knowing they've got to cough up for dinner and dinner without sex too."

You seem to have them all tared with the same brush but their not, there have been loads of threads about People who meet like this and it suits so many why is it wrong just because you don't want it, imagine how mwny on this site do it that aren't on the forums and get great meets from it

maybe its the "throw enought darts at the board, and you'll hit the bulls eye at least once" theory.

its the same as the guys /couples / gals that don't chat in a chatroom, but go down the list of chatters in whisper and say "hi" hoping in the responce of one reply back..

I personally like to read all the profile. and never reply back if i think that i'm not in there critera or feel that i wouldnt get a responce

plus the fact.. its the words on the profile that tell you a little bit about the person you are replying to..

there humor, there likes, dislikes. etc.

Southampton

yes may well suit some but its the ones who contact you when you clearly state its not what your after .thats what we have issue with .

"yes may well suit some but its the ones who contact you when you clearly state its not what your after .thats what we have issue with . "

I agree that if they haven't read the profile they deserve no response, but imagine how many do and don't advertise for it, if a Profile clearly states their not looking for that type of meet then there is no argument

its just nice to do something mad now and again i like the unknown .... spontanous cant spell that nice to be at times.

"I do stump them though and say well it's a social meet 1st time plus I want to be watered and fed then if I like you I'll be happy to meet again. They soon decline knowing they've got to cough up for dinner and dinner without sex too.

You seem to have them all tared with the same brush but their not, there have been loads of threads about People who meet like this and it suits so many why is it wrong just because you don't want it, imagine how mwny on this site do it that aren't on the forums and get great meets from it "

Fair statement.

It would never cross my mind to meet under those circumstances any more than I'd shag strangers in a club or out dogging. I wouldn't comment on those that find sexual pleasure in these activities.

Most certainly, each to their own!

"Agree with Jiggle. There's a place for most things on this site, so many different tastes.

What I don't get is why men would contact people who specifically say they won't meet under these circumstances. It demonstrates either an unpleasant arrogance or an inability to listen (or read profiles) which wouldn't translate well into bed...

i have asked this before and i got the "well its worth a try " answer. not flattering and as you say doesnt translate well to meeting let alone in bed lol !! they are obviously part of the "any holes a goal brigade .sorry i want quality not quantity"

Thing is, it makes you wonder how attentive they'd be. I hate anal for example but if they can't listen to "I don't meet men in the area for work" are they going to listen to that or is it going to be a case of "worth a try" there too.....

do you or dont you? lol

basically if there is water I am likely to be there at sometime or other "

what type of water like canals

My reply was to the op's opening post which was

How many of us get these messages from guys in our town on business. Me I wouldn't dream of meeting someone under those circumstances it really does piss me off. I get several on a daily basis.

This never mentioned anything about it being on the profile so apologies for any confusion, I really should of qouted it in my relies

Should it be plastered on my profile? No

I think it's bad manners asking let them pay for a prostitute for the night instead. They only message because it's free sex they are away from home, wife won't know etc. That's what I object to. I won't be anyones one off

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

"i get a few but i delete

"

It is easy isn't it

Yes I know it's easy but gets very boring I'm hoping one day I'll open up my messages to someone who will suprise me. Alas I'm still waiting.......

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"Should it be plastered on my profile? No

I think it's bad manners asking let them pay for a prostitute for the night instead. They only message because it's free sex they are away from home, wife won't know etc. That's what I object to. I won't be anyones one off"

Now thats a bit of a strong accusation.....you don't know that at all.

If it in't what you want fine, but there isn't any need to accuse everyone who wants a quickie meet as a liar and a cheat.

I'm not accusing anyone and I'm happy to meet married men what they do is there own business but that comment was a simple generalisation.

I've stated before on a thread what someone does on their own business.

And I never once said liar

I don't see anything wrong with anyone asking...it's just another option for people...and like all options you can take it or leave it.

"I don't see anything wrong with anyone asking...it's just another option for people...and like all options you can take it or leave it."

Don't worry I'm happy to leave it

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

wait till i get my hippy wagon... i am going to go all around the country to all these places and get shunned!!!!! no change there then....

My feeling is if someone is in town on business then I see it as a one off. I don't do one offs and that's my point. I'm here to make friends and have regular fun with the same people. Now if a man is in town for one night then it's gonna be a one off and I don't want a one off if you know what I mean. I'm confusing myself now :0)

"wait till i get my hippy wagon... i am going to go all around the country to all these places and get shunned!!!!! no change there then...."

Hippy wagon love it

sweaty truckers don't do it for me anyway....I should know I was married to one :P

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"And I never once said liar"

No you didn't, but the implication was there.

Maybe add it to your profile that you don't do one off meets with travelling business men ( although you still have to rely on them reading it,but at least you could say "go read the profile" if they mail you)

Newcastle and Gateshead

just curious.

As if single guys get this, answers on a postcard please"

seriously actually I did get one.... once!!!!

was from a woman from glasgow who was in town on business...

her demands were so much I ended up saying no, but I am sure she got some other sap to agree.....

just curious.

her demands were so much I ended up saying no, but I am sure she got some other sap to agree..... "

Why would he be a 'sap' for doing something he liked the sound of?

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

I get message from guys working or holidaying in my area all the time....it just doesn't bother me enough to make an issue of it.

Newcastle and Gateshead

just curious.

her demands were so much I ended up saying no, but I am sure she got some other sap to agree.....

Why would he be a 'sap' for doing something he liked the sound of? "

because If he got the same type of mail I got... which has a list of 25 demands on it (I kid you not) then he would have have had to just thru so many hoops that I hope it was worth it........

Well it wasn't for YOU!...he may have loved it...that doesn't make him a sap it makes him different to you. Thank God there is so much difference on this site I say.

"wait till i get my hippy wagon... i am going to go all around the country to all these places and get shunned!!!!! no change there then...."

Cant waitbut just dont park near my house, ive a reputation to uphold

My profile says explicitly I don't do short notice meets, so why would I want to meet up with someone passing though? I don't bother to reply to these idiots. I just delete and block.

"its just nice to do something mad now and again i like the unknown .... spontanous cant spell that nice to be at times."

Id like to think i was the same but quite frankly some just come across as desperate for sex, surely hotels have tv's in the rooms

On the other hand, after exchanging a few messages, followed by loads of texts, i invited someone round my house and have never looked back

"I do stump them though and say well it's a social meet 1st time plus I want to be watered and fed then if I like you I'll be happy to meet again. They soon decline knowing they've got to cough up for dinner and dinner without sex too.

You seem to have them all tared with the same brush but their not, there have been loads of threads about People who meet like this and it suits so many why is it wrong just because you don't want it, imagine how mwny on this site do it that aren't on the forums and get great meets from it "

I dont read it that she is tarring them all with the same brush but lets face it, most will be sending a similar message of "im in a hotel on saturday and looking for fun", it then means they havent read the profile (though quite frankly who does) and it does say im mine i wont meet the kind that have booked a hotel because they are down my way. Lets face it, meeting socially means nothing may or may not happen depending on mutual attraction

You seem to have them all tared with the same brush but their not, there have been loads of threads about People who meet like this and it suits so many why is it wrong just because you don't want it, imagine how mwny on this site do it that aren't on the forums and get great meets from it

I dont read it that she is tarring them all with the same brush but lets face it, most will be sending a similar message of "im in a hotel on saturday and looking for fun", it then means they havent read the profile (though quite frankly who does) and it does say im mine i wont meet the kind that have booked a hotel because they are down my way. Lets face it, meeting socially means nothing may or may not happen depending on mutual attraction "

I have I don't meet in hotels: ever, and won't entertain anyone in my home who can't accommodate - I don't care for whatever reason, so it's pointless them contacting me for a hotel meet.

As I said, it doesn't bother me at all, the delete button is there for a reason!

"

I have I don't meet in hotels: ever, and won't entertain anyone in my home who can't accommodate - I don't care for whatever reason, so it's pointless them contacting me for a hotel meet.

As I said, it doesn't bother me at all, the delete button is there for a reason! "

I have met someone in a hotel, but not when someone's just passing through on business. I have to trust someone to invite them to my home. Sometimes, I just prefer the anonymity of a rented room for a first meet. I will though have met them socially beforehand to see how wee click.

I regularly get messages from guys up here to play golf.

Usual thing, can you meet me at xxxx hotel? also had.... bring a friend, do you want dinner? how long can you stay? will you sleep with the guy I share my room with? etc. etc.

Best was from an american basketball team staying in St. Andrews for a few days.... they wanted me to stay with them and sleep with them all!!!!!!!

It does tend to make you feel like an unpaid prostitute getting mail like this.

I do meet in hotels, usually if I've met or had long chats with the person previously and got to know them. xxx

We have had an invite to meet in a hotel local to us tonight... nearly 100 miles away lol!!! We are thinking about it

"We have had an invite to meet in a hotel local to us tonight... nearly 100 miles away lol!!! We are thinking about it "

Will it just be a social meet this first time?

hmmm did i have a post removed?

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Yes...please don't keep putting other peoples mails onto the forums and even mentioning the area where they are from etc.

It will get people banned.

"Yes...please don't keep putting other peoples mails onto the forums and even mentioning the area where they are from etc.

It will get people banned."

Apologies! Although I didn't mention what town he was from ,just that he was in that place at that time. And never even quoted the exact msg let alone copied and pasted. Just a general outline which is no different to what everyone else is posting.

"And I never once said liar

Maybe add it to your profile that you don't do one off meets with travelling business men ( although you still have to rely on them reading it,but at least you could say "go read the profile" if they mail you) "

I will do and thanks for the advice x

"We have had an invite to meet in a hotel local to us tonight... nearly 100 miles away lol!!! We are thinking about it

Will it just be a social meet this first time? "

By *inktherapyCouple  over a year ago

Gloucester

I'll meet people here on business in hotels - suits me, as I can't accom, and hotels are clean Also an awful lot of people travel to an area regularly, so you can have regular meets with them on that basis yet never have the issue of bumping into them in your local supermarket

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"Yes...please don't keep putting other peoples mails onto the forums and even mentioning the area where they are from etc.

It will get people banned.

Apologies! Although I didn't mention what town he was from ,just that he was in that place at that time. And never even quoted the exact msg let alone copied and pasted. Just a general outline which is no different to what everyone else is posting."

As I am not privy to your mails I won't know that, it looked a full sentance of a mail and I took it off.

Personally ( and speaking for myself and myself only) I don't know why anyone would want to come on here and moan about mails anyway......we all get the odd mail we don't like, we deal with it and move on.

If silly or unwanted mails got to us as much as people on this site imply it does, then I would seriously re consider wether the site is for us.

Norfolk

[Removed by poster at 23/01/11 14:38:35]

"And I never once said liar

Maybe add it to your profile that you don't do one off meets with travelling business men ( although you still have to rely on them reading it,but at least you could say "go read the profile" if they mail you)

I will do and thanks for the advice x"

It won't make a blind bit of notice. I have that it's pointless contacting me if you don't meet my criteria, a list of no's, doesn't stop them.

Just been invited to a party being held by several subs and tvs but they're short a Domme, so expect me to turn up at an hotel 50 miles from home to play with a group of men I don't know.

Where on my profile it states I'd be up for that - God alone knows, but hey ho...don't ask don't get!

Forum Mod

O o O oo

http://www.fabswingers.com/my/filters

PS to limit the mails you do get you can filter them from your menu bar...that way you could choose who you mail.

Norfolk

do you or dont you? lol

basically if there is water I am likely to be there at sometime or other

what type of water like canals "

Sea, Rivers and the odd Canal but brum is a special case cos you have Chameleons over there

It is easy isn't it "

the delete button is so under used

It is easy isn't it

the delete button is so under used "

Not by me *evil laugh*

It is easy isn't it

the delete button is so under used

Not by me *evil laugh*"

Delete + Block User = Too easy for some

Although I'm not one of these who buys in to the "if you've started a thread on it, you must have taken it deeply to heart" theory. Sometimes people are just looking to debate a topic and after all, isn't that what the forums is about

Exactly my point

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"Although I'm not one of these who buys in to the "if you've started a thread on it, you must have taken it deeply to heart" theory. Sometimes people are just looking to debate a topic and after all, isn't that what the forums is about "

As I said, it is just my personal opinion of people posting about mails they get that they don't want..nothing more.

By *i 1 Get 1 FreeCouple (MM)  over a year ago

birmingham

“Some on this site love to draw attention to themselves then have the gall to complain when someone takes an interest in them

"Should it be plastered on my profile? No

I think it's bad manners asking let them pay for a prostitute for the night instead. They only message because it's free sex they are away from home, wife won't know etc. That's what I object to. I won't be anyones one off

Now thats a bit of a strong accusation.....you don't know that at all.

If it in't what you want fine, but there isn't any need to accuse everyone who wants a quickie meet as a liar and a cheat."

Or those who don't mind the occasional one off as prostitutes lol

I have mail saying taken car in today be in town 3 hours ..I need sex , lol never chated to him before . lol

By *uro anchorMan  over a year ago

Coventry

"it was meant as a joke!!!! pmsl now Dartmouth is yet ANOTHER place I do go to "

do u ever come to Bedrock ?...xxx

"Well Northampton is not on the visit list

Mercedes x"

It used to be one of mine, but could never get anyone to play with, and I was there for 3 or 4 days every two weeks

"“Some on this site love to draw attention to themselves then have the gall to complain when someone takes an interest in them "

Oh bad me for complaining how very very bad of me. I shall not complain ever again lol

"“Some on this site love to draw attention to themselves then have the gall to complain when someone takes an interest in them

Oh bad me for complaining how very very bad of me. I shall not complain ever again lol"

L M F A O - quick we must find someone to gag you and flog you as punishment for expressing an opinion!

Will you be my little miss whiplash please

By *trr21Man  over a year ago

EAST SUFFOLK

So the message is, most of you will only have sex with local strangers as opposed to non-local strangers. All are equally honest or dishonest. Perhaps you only feel horny in the comfort of your own town and are only on a sex site basically to meet locals looking or honest or dishonest sex. I myself have a system of a 500 point checklist, and only if 499 of the boxes are ticked I will consider meeting someone. Sample questions are, do you clean your teeth atleast twice a day, do you wash your hands after using the bathroom?

Don't be daft man. I'm happy to meet folks out of town meet in birmingham once a month and that's not local to me. I'm happy to meet anyone who fits my criteria anywhere in the country but by experience travelling buisness men are in the area for one night and I'm not a night one type of girl. If I want a one night stand I'd be advertising for a diff meet every day.

I do have a penchant for businessmen, dont know why but I do. I like meeting in hotels and sneaking past receptionists and I like the spontaneous nature of it.

I love a man in a suit but I prefer a regular arrangement then a one off but that's me. But man in a nicely cut Italian suit is very very dashing x

"Will you be my little miss whiplash please"

o0o0o now there's an offer!

Men in suits are gorgeous. Yes I guess my penchant for businessmen is a little random but its just the naughtiest thing I have done. Its not to everyones taste of course and I can understand the comments made on this thread, but sometimes I am just bad

» Add a new message to this topic