FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > staying alive

staying alive

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

there have been some suprising results in the research for a cure of c dif.

at the moment the mortality rate is only 50%, so a doc who is researching fecal transplants ran a series of tests on 67 patients and the results were surprising.

60 out of 67 made a full recovery, that's 90%

Now, the faeces has to come from a healthy donor and has to be transplanted in it's purest form..either orally, anally or through the nose. It's is mixed with saline and liquidated to make it easier to administer.

now, it won't be coming to a pharmacist near you any time soon, but.....would you?

i guess if it's life or death, the decision is easy, but.....ewwwww!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"there have been some suprising results in the research for a cure of c dif.

at the moment the mortality rate is only 50%, so a doc who is researching fecal transplants ran a series of tests on 67 patients and the results were surprising.

60 out of 67 made a full recovery, that's 90%

Now, the faeces has to come from a healthy donor and has to be transplanted in it's purest form..either orally, anally or through the nose. It's is mixed with saline and liquidated to make it easier to administer.

now, it won't be coming to a pharmacist near you any time soon, but.....would you?

i guess if it's life or death, the decision is easy, but.....ewwwww!

"

C Diff and MRSA are still huge problems in our hospitals, its actually very scary, in answer to the OP, if it was life or death, yes i would

By *aucy3Couple  over a year ago

glasgow

i heard that in russia.they use raw sewage,to make their equivalent of anti biotics.

it could be a lot of shite,right enough.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

".............

"

I doubt it'd only be the faeces that'd be liquidated

By *ohjaneCouple  over a year ago

south staffs

Bacteriophages are made and used extensively in Georgia and neighbouring states from sewage.

Western drugs companies tried to get hold of the science only to realise that it would not pay because the raw materials are freely available and the manufacturing process is simple. So - because they cannot charge mega-bucks for them, they deemed them "useless" and didn't bother.

Jane x

» Add a new message to this topic