FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > The Chat up ?

The Chat up ?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

We all know it's easy on here, see someone you like send a message etc, but would you be as bold in a Pub or any where else, would you approach someone and start chatting them up ?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

This has come up a few times with friends, if I found myself single again and tried to "pull a bird" as they say, I don't think I could, i fear if I was ever to end up single, then that is how I'd remain, just don't have the confidence to walk up to a women in a bar and start a conversation.

Despite the job that I do, I am quite shy when it comes to speaking to women I don't know, So I would not make the first move ,

By *irtyGirlWoman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Not a chance! I've been secretly fantasising about a bloke that gets on the same bus as me. I keep thinking about it but no... I never will!

"Not a chance! I've been secretly fantasising about a bloke that gets on the same bus as me. I keep thinking about it but no... I never will! "

What's the worse that could happen? He could say 'sorry, I'm in a relationship'.

Many guys would love to be chatted up, it massages our egos lol .. you could start by slipping him your number on a piece of paper as you get off/pass by him. Try it. What you got to lose.

"We all know it's easy on here, see someone you like send a message etc, but would you be as bold in a Pub or any where else, would you approach someone and start chatting them up ? "

i dont approach anyone on here lol

ive never sent a message to anyone without it being a reply to theirs, ive never asked anyone to meet me first, i never make the first move in a club

Im not a very confident person full stop so i always wait for people to approch me first

Edinburgh

"Not a chance! I've been secretly fantasising about a bloke that gets on the same bus as me. I keep thinking about it but no... I never will!

What's the worse that could happen? He could say 'sorry, I'm in a relationship'.

Many guys would love to be chatted up, it massages our egos lol .. you could start by slipping him your number on a piece of paper as you get off/pass by him. Try it. What you got to lose."

I'm not that brave! I realise I'm an adult and what's the worst that could happen... but I have to get on the same bus as him every day, he lives round the corner from me! Not a chance!!

I have spoken to him once... and now we sort of acknowledge each other but that's it.

"Not a chance! I've been secretly fantasising about a bloke that gets on the same bus as me. I keep thinking about it but no... I never will!

Many guys would love to be chatted up, it massages our egos lol .. you could start by slipping him your number on a piece of paper as you get off/pass by him. Try it. What you got to lose."

your dignity lol

Edinburgh

"We all know it's easy on here, see someone you like send a message etc, but would you be as bold in a Pub or any where else, would you approach someone and start chatting them up ?

i dont approach anyone on here lol

ive never sent a message to anyone without it being a reply to theirs, ive never asked anyone to meet me first, i never make the first move in a club

Im not a very confident person full stop so i always wait for people to approch me first"

This is exactly it for me too! I never approach anyone. I did it once as an experiment, disaster. A nice bum does not equate a nice person!

A smile goes a long way..

Gosh yes!!

(bearing in mind in my case it would be a chap)

things i would do to attract attention

1. send him a drink over with the barman

2. keep looking up from my friends conversation/book/pc and look directly in the eyes and smile

3. send a menu over and ask him to dinner

4. wave

5. make a banner

6. go over and say hello and introduce my self

By *inktherapyCouple  over a year ago

Gloucester

ooh no - I'd be far too shy!

far too shy to chat up someone but the mrs is far more confident and shes deaf

By *nvictusMan  over a year ago

Beeston

I'm crap at chat ups...I just try and be funny and catch ladies attention.

That said and with hindsight the naked juggling with gerkins was a step too far....

"Not a chance! I've been secretly fantasising about a bloke that gets on the same bus as me. I keep thinking about it but no... I never will! "

I chatted up, and subsequently dated a guy who helped me with my bags onto a train..I played the damsel in distress and said I had too much to carry

Another chat up line I've used/had used on me and found funny/successful is the time old...throw some ice on the floor, crush it (always be over enthusiastic) then say..now i've broken the ice, can i buy you a drink?

"... would you be as bold in a Pub or any where else, would you approach someone and start chatting them up ? "

Yup. I used to be afraid of rejection, so I never approached someone. However, becoming 'a swinger' has made me rethink many aspects of my life, so now I just chat up anyone I fancy LOL

It doesn't always work, of course, but it's a subtle compliment (to show someone that they're attractive), and being rejected by a stranger does no harm.

I'm a naturally friendly and apparently flirty person so yes, I can be in a pub with my vanilla friends and find it no problem to strike up a conversation with a guy.

I chat to anyone and everyone. I'm not shy so it doesn't bother me and I wouldn't mind rejection either. People are just people, I'm never in awe of anyone, not even famous folk, until they give me a reason to be

[Removed by poster at 21/01/11 12:14:27]

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"We all know it's easy on here, see someone you like send a message etc, but would you be as bold in a Pub or any where else, would you approach someone and start chatting them up ? "
Yes, i have done in the past. Blokes can be pretty shite at reading signals and we can be even more shite at giving em....

By *nvictusMan  over a year ago

Beeston

"We all know it's easy on here, see someone you like send a message etc, but would you be as bold in a Pub or any where else, would you approach someone and start chatting them up ? Yes, i have done in the past. Blokes can be pretty shite at reading signals and we can be even more shite at giving em.... "

So that lady who grabbed my crotch in Sainsbury's yesterday and said 'how about it big boy?' may have been interested in me then?

...bollox

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"We all know it's easy on here, see someone you like send a message etc, but would you be as bold in a Pub or any where else, would you approach someone and start chatting them up ? Yes, i have done in the past. Blokes can be pretty shite at reading signals and we can be even more shite at giving em....

So that lady who grabbed my crotch in Sainsbury's yesterday and said 'how about it big boy?' may have been interested in me then?

...bollox "

Try Waitrose next time

» Add a new message to this topic