FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Thinking too much...

Thinking too much...

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *irtyGirl OP   Woman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

My brain hurts!!

I think about everything too much. If there's over analysing to be done, I'm doing it. Sometimes I'd just like to do something without thinking about it from every conceivable angle.

Anyone else do this? How do you switch it off? Or do you think once an over-thinker, always an over-thinker?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"My brain hurts!!

I think about everything too much. If there's over analysing to be done, I'm doing it. Sometimes I'd just like to do something without thinking about it from every conceivable angle.

Anyone else do this? How do you switch it off? Or do you think once an over-thinker, always an over-thinker?

"

Don't worry I do the same

By *uro anchorMan  over a year ago

Coventry

"My brain hurts!!

"

i dont think so xx

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

"My brain hurts!!

"

i'm gonna have to give this some serious consideration

I identify completely, and its both a blessing and a curse!! ......I`ve found a sense of freedom when I need it thru meditation and visualisation...going to a calm place in my mind..a relief!!.....

By *nvictusMan  over a year ago

Beeston

I tend to be more of a shoot from the hip type...I sometimes regret it, put never for long.

I'm an overthinker and always have been it's hard for me to switch off at times especially when I'm trying to get to bloody sleep and I'm worrying about work etc. I wish I could switch off at times

By *ensualfire88Man  over a year ago

Edinburgh

I never over analyse anything.

Edinburgh

"I never over analyse anything."

Was that your nose that just poked me?!

"My brain hurts!!

i'm gonna have to give this some serious consideration "

Lol how surprised by my post was you

Edinburgh

"I never over analyse anything.

Was that your nose that just poked me?! "

Edinburgh

"I never over analyse anything.

Was that your nose that just poked me?!

"

Who are you rolling your eyes at cheeky?! *slap*

Edinburgh

At you.

I don't analyse stuff enough, I need to be more analytical.

Edinburgh

"At you.

"

Want me to show you how? It's not all it's cracked up to be though. The sleepless nights and that horrid feeling in the bottom of your tummy when you worry about stuff. I'm an over thinker and a worrier and I'd like it to stop.

Edinburgh

I can honestly say i have NO IDEA what that's like.

Must be awful?

You can never think TOO much

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple  over a year ago

hexham

"My brain hurts!!

"

i used to be like this,and oftn suffered from insomnia as a result.Then a very dear friend pointed out that we waste so much energy wanting to be different,wanting things to be different.Now instead i see what my goals are,which are achievable and put my energy into that.

It was a concious effort to change how i behaved and it took time,i still slip back ,but it was worth it.

"At you.

Want me to show you how? It's not all it's cracked up to be though. The sleepless nights and that horrid feeling in the bottom of your tummy when you worry about stuff. I'm an over thinker and a worrier and I'd like it to stop. "

I`ve got a obsessive personality.....still takes me on a trip to nowhere ....tad serious now, but with help I saw how much my thinking was dominated by fear....fear based thinking!!

Fear of failure

Fear of abandonment

Fear of ridicule

Fear of harm....etc etc

And I was caught in a loop of thinking ...really crippling and affected how I felt alot of the time...never in the moment , my mind was preoccupied with some future thingy!! JEEZ..could I project and procrastinate ...

Things have slowly got better for me ....changing my thinking has taken alot of years,and I`m not immune from a sleepless night ...fortunately I`ve a way out ,if I work really hard at it ....

Good luck with it ....and everything above is about me .....

Physician heal thyself ..always rings in my ears

That's not exactly thinking though that's worrying.I think all the time but the vast majority of it is positive.

Edinburgh

But what if you spend too long thinking about stuff and then the moment has passed you by cause you're wasting time thinking about the pros and cons.

"That's not exactly thinking though that's worrying.I think all the time but the vast majority of it is positive."

With respect I don`t think (sic)..you appreciatte the kind of thinking some people suffer from .....worrying is thinking ...ipso factor ...

"But what if you spend too long thinking about stuff and then the moment has passed you by cause you're wasting time thinking about the pros and cons. "

Yep, been there so many times s`well....I`ve learn`t any desicion is better than none at all ....sometimes that desicion proves a wise one , other times it gets me in shit ..

The difference is not projecting into the future, but taking a brief look at yesterday, and seeing what lessons I can draw .....its an entirely different attitude, and made me realise my fears were illusionary ...most things turn out alright .....serendipity ...yeah ...lol....

"That's not exactly thinking though that's worrying.I think all the time but the vast majority of it is positive.

With respect I don`t think (sic)..you appreciatte the kind of thinking some people suffer from .....worrying is thinking ...ipso factor ..."

I understand it totally.I am referring to the point the OP made as regards 'thinking'.Of course all worrying is thinking but not all thinking is worrying.

"That's not exactly thinking though that's worrying.I think all the time but the vast majority of it is positive.

With respect I don`t think (sic)..you appreciatte the kind of thinking some people suffer from .....worrying is thinking ...ipso factor ...

I understand it totally.I am referring to the point the OP made as regards 'thinking'.Of course all worrying is thinking but not all thinking is worrying. "

Ah I see ...I misread you...I thought you were replying to me ...sorry ....

Gut feeling is a good barometer ....

Does sound like you`re predominantly a half glass full chap....as I am mostly ....the power of positive thinking ...

worrying is a normal action for most of us,but you must try and avoid it impacting on your life to an extent where sleep patterns are disturbed.from my time woring as a volunteer in the mental health area i have always found talking therapy to offer so much release from tensions and concerns

Get Eckhart Tolle, The Power of Now.

It's a bit of a tough read though I haven't been able to get through it but I'm rubbish at reading!

"Get Eckhart Tolle, The Power of Now.

It's a bit of a tough read though I haven't been able to get through it but I'm rubbish at reading!"

There are probably not many of us who have never experienced this.

Reflect, learn, adjust is a good basic guide for positive thinking.

Sometimes when stuck in extremely complex ongoing situations there are so many things TO think about. I find that writing can provide an outlet and sometimes solutions.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

"My brain hurts!!

i'm gonna have to give this some serious consideration

Lol how surprised by my post was you "

nearly fell off my chair with shock!! lol.....or was that laughter??? i'll have to think about it

"My brain hurts!!

"

I am always doing it.. luckily for me I have a Master who will turn around and tell me thats enough.... and I really do have to listen.

Katie

according to some, I am a man and don't think

"according to some, I am a man and don't think"

You do but the topics are limited..

(hope Master does not see this)

Katie. x

"according to some, I am a man and don't think

You do but the topics are limited..

(hope Master does not see this)

Katie. x"

By *ouplefunukCouple  over a year ago

North Bristol

I over analyze things WAY too much. I've made myself physically sick before now worrying about little things (and a meet once )

It's something I think i'll always do. I get it from my Mother although i'm not nearly as bad as her!

*Her*

By *aucy3Couple  over a year ago

glasgow

"I over analyze things WAY too much. I've made myself physically sick before now worrying about little things (and a meet once )

It's something I think i'll always do. I get it from my Mother although i'm not nearly as bad as her!

*Her* "

thinking to much,is not something,i've ever been accused of.

not thinking enough,now thats a diferent kettle of fish.

"My brain hurts!!

"

List before bed of things to do, and pros and cons if applicable. Ensures a good nights sleep. Other than that but my mind is a sprinter!

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

oh bloody hell i do this all the time, over analyse, the windmills of my mind are constantly whirring

» Add a new message to this topic