FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > ford Ka lock not working

ford Ka lock not working

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *iss_Samantha_Lovecock OP   TV/TS  over a year ago

bournmouth/poole/Blandford

how hard is it to change the lock on a ford Ka..i did the same on my expert van without any problems .

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

It's a Ford. They're built like Lego, everything is easy and straight forward to replace. Get a Hayne's manual to walk you through it.

Another forum has this step by step guide:

"Take your time taking the door card off i seem to remember they have some plastic rivets on the bottom?

when card off you will see the anti theft covering on the doorlock this also acts as the window channel,remove the 2 crosshead screws and very carefully with a craft knife cut of the silicon sealant(be very careful here the last man i helped with this advice still managed to slash his digit) when sealant cut pull out the cover and you will see the door lock with a locking ring round it (unclip the locking rod from the door mechanism carefully, look for the hole in the centre of the two rings holding the lock in and this wants carefully tapping round 2 centimetres anti clockwise the lock will then pull out.

with lock half hanging out you now remove the locking ring carefully as they can fall apart if butchered and now take lock out note which way the rod fits in the lock and swap to new one,fit the sealing gasket to new lock as well (very important or lock wont work in door) put lock halfway back in door and refit locking ring to lock push lock fully into door skin (it will only fit one way) and then replace the ring up to the skin and carefully tap the inner locker back 2 centimetres clockwise ,replace rod in to the door mechanism with clip well clipped

When you come to replace the theft/window guide you will struggle as the silicon left behind gets in the way so remove as much as you can or the window glass ends up scratched every time you open the window.

put screws back in and then the door card and job done."

By *iss_Samantha_Lovecock OP   TV/TS  over a year ago

bournmouth/poole/Blandford

thanks for posting that ..seems simple enough

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Good advice above but it can greatly depend on the year of the vehicle and its spec. Some models have a canbus system and the new lock could potentially require a proxy alignment before they work (usually models with remote locking). Its a good idea to check with an owners forum or one of the many owners pages on Facebook.

» Add a new message to this topic