FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Very annoyed at an o2 employee.

Very annoyed at an o2 employee.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *litterbabe OP   Woman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

My dad is getting on a little bit and I like him to have a mobile phone.

He lives 200 miles from me.

He recently had a technical problem with his phone, and as he is with O2 popped into an O2 store.

The guy couldn't solve his problem but we have solved it now.

He did manage to tell my dad so that he had used all have his minutes up and somr extra, and his bills were going to be very much more expensive unless he upgraded his plan, which he did on the spot as he was then worried. When he told me I checked his bills as I am authorised on the account, and found that it was an untruth as he had used less 20% of his minutes less than 20% of his text and none of his data (ever)

The new plan, for some reason was going to give him unlimited texts instead of 500 texts even though he's never used even a quarter of his 500 text allowance.

The O2 employee have said he'd used all his minutes not texts.

I have contacted O2 online,and they have reverted him to the old plan, given him a monthly 200 bonus minutes and a £10 credit to his account.

I just feel that it's so wrong that somebody would treat an elderly man in this way and literally pull the wool over his eyes as he really has no idea about how the bills work full. That would have been obvious to the salesperson.

I would hate somebody else to be treated in this manner.

Do you feel I should go to the shop, as I am visiting him at the moment, and have a word with the employee or the manager or do you feel there is some other course of action (or none) I should take?

It just has really upset me... This was Christmas Eve too!

Thank you for your advice.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

Yes go and ask for the manager or make a complaint over the phone for alleged mis-selling

Good luck

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

And escalate each time you are not satisfied, then OFcom if need be.

By *issHottieBottieWoman  over a year ago

Kent

I would. They should be able to see who did the upgrade from the records!

Who knows how many other people they have done it to, I know they have targets etc to hit but scamming someone like that is out of line x

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

If you have the employees name you could register a complaint with O2, but at the end of the day he was doing his job which is taking money for the company, not looking after your dad.

By *atelotmanMan  over a year ago

Chatham

Go back to the shop an give him both barrels.Even though O2 were quick to sort out your account, it still wrong it happened.

By *errygTV/TS  over a year ago

denton

i had problems with ee been with them 14 yrs and arguing over a wi fi unit 49.99, which didnt work and after 32 days wouldnt refund, i was 32 a month , so i siad refund or i move on, i did move pay 15 a month sim only now with tesco, and get 3 times as many free minutes

By *issHottieBottieWoman  over a year ago

Kent

"If you have the employees name you could register a complaint with O2, but at the end of the day he was doing his job which is taking money for the company, not looking after your dad."

Not by lying to mislead someone into thinking they needed services they didn't its not!

I would definitely go shop.. Makes me so angry people taking advantage of the elderly who aren't as savvy with the modern world x

If you goog*Le O2 complaints procedure there is a formal process you can follow. If somebody did this to a vulnerable relative of mine that is what I would do (and I wouldn't stop until I'd gone right to the top)

It is discusting that you have to do this but many vulnerable people don't have someone to fight for them.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

Yrs, take it further. Mis selling like that is against the law.

I would ring and find out when the manager is in and complain.

I personally would go in and see the manager. Then escalate it further

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

I'm sure if you explain the situation fully at a non busy period, then any decision should be in your favour. Afterall, it's in their interests to keep customers, not lose them to competitors

Good luck

By *ohnaronMan  over a year ago

london

"And escalate each time you are not satisfied, then OFcom if need be. "

Yes all the way to Ofcom. They always trying this on to up their commision. The EU cracking down but big business too powerful over here so utilities scam us continually.

Its not good whats happened at all but what else do you want them to do?

If you are satisfied with them sorting the plan out and the goodwill credit then leave it. As much as the manager will say he sympathises and will have a word with the assistant he wont as itll affect his bonus for lost sales opportunities I used to work for voda business

"And escalate each time you are not satisfied, then OFcom if need be.

Yes all the way to Ofcom. They always trying this on to up their commision. The EU cracking down but big business too powerful over here so utilities scam us continually."

(m) answering to this one as Naughty asked me to. As a "hobby" I represent 3rd parties vs. banks, insurances, gas suppliers, telephone companies and let us say "big ones".

The easiest way is to write directly to the CEO putting down the situation in 5-10 sentences and asking then what would they do.

The overall reaction is positive and then of course you get the odd bank, insurance or solicitor company who do not "dig it". These are dealt with with a copy of the letter to the local newspaper. This last resort usually makes most companies stop and rethink.

To the comment that the EU has dealt with all this is not correct and very misleading. In Germany, Italy and other EU countries misselling is as common as "muck" and that I know to 100% as my family has relatives allover the EU and I speak several languages necessary in the EU.

The whole "fairy tale" about the EU sorting this out is not correct I point to VW scandal. 3 years ago the EU commission "asked" for stricter guide lines, but France and Germany vetoed this as it would have damaged their car exports.

Telephones abroad on average 42% more expensive then in Britain

Be angry write directly to the CEO's (there is a weblist of their names and direct e-mail addresses!) and stamp on their feet, as BAD PR lowers their bonus at the year end and no CEO will risk that !

By *inzi LTV/TS  over a year ago

The Garden of Eden in Beautiful North Wales

The O2 shop in Wrexham is great, they've helped me no end with technical problems and always very friendly but... The customer service is utter shite! I've tried to ring them a few times at night because my top up data hasn't come through, only to find they all fuck off home at 8pm! Leaving you with a £500 fone that's no better than a 1980's model and only 1 step up from a piece of string and 2 cans!

Shop, Great

Fone, Utter shite!

I rate the piece of string and 2 cans as the best way to arrange a meet, shortest string works best

By *iscean MaleMan  over a year ago

Darlaston

Write off to watchdog.. hopefully if they have received enough complaints, watchdog may air them.

Or write to ofcom and send the same letter to the shop so they are aware.

This kind of thinglike am sure annoys me.. rattle enough cages and someone will listen.

Good luck xx

I can't help wonder if this is common practice, when it comes to elderly people and Vunrable adults I feel sorry for people who do not have much of a family

By *litterbabe OP   Woman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

Thank you all. I will take it to offcom. I'm disgusted with them.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

"Its not good whats happened at all but what else do you want them to do?

If you are satisfied with them sorting the plan out and the goodwill credit then leave it. As much as the manager will say he sympathises and will have a word with the assistant he wont as itll affect his bonus for lost sales opportunities I used to work for voda business "

i expect them to be an ethical company that do no exploit vvulnerable people who are clearly not able to understand or question the information they are being given. to not fabricate usage figures.

I am all for businesses being businesses but this is exploitative selling and is just plain wrong.

I sorted something similar for my nan last year. See went to her local phone shop and wanted a very basic phone to txt, call and save numbers, contract or Payg she wasn't fussed, she's 85 and the sales man sold her a Samsung smart phone! She had no idea how to use it. Went and spoke to them and told them they can shove the phone and the daft idea of selling it to an 80 year old lady. They said they could exchange it for a vaery basic one ( that she wanted in the first place) but the contract still had a data allowance I spoke to her bank to cancel the direct debit and wrote a letter to the company letting them know about it all. Took a few weeks but it was worth it.

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Eastbourne

"My dad is getting on a little bit and I like him to have a mobile phone.

He lives 200 miles from me.

He recently had a technical problem with his phone, and as he is with O2 popped into an O2 store.

The guy couldn't solve his problem but we have solved it now.

He did manage to tell my dad so that he had used all have his minutes up and somr extra, and his bills were going to be very much more expensive unless he upgraded his plan, which he did on the spot as he was then worried. When he told me I checked his bills as I am authorised on the account, and found that it was an untruth as he had used less 20% of his minutes less than 20% of his text and none of his data (ever)

The new plan, for some reason was going to give him unlimited texts instead of 500 texts even though he's never used even a quarter of his 500 text allowance.

The O2 employee have said he'd used all his minutes not texts.

I have contacted O2 online,and they have reverted him to the old plan, given him a monthly 200 bonus minutes and a £10 credit to his account.

I just feel that it's so wrong that somebody would treat an elderly man in this way and literally pull the wool over his eyes as he really has no idea about how the bills work full. That would have been obvious to the salesperson.

I would hate somebody else to be treated in this manner.

Do you feel I should go to the shop, as I am visiting him at the moment, and have a word with the employee or the manager or do you feel there is some other course of action (or none) I should take?

It just has really upset me... This was Christmas Eve too!

Thank you for your advice."

He was probably looking at it wrong (which I would like to think happened), or he was thinking of his Christmas bonus.

By *ina75Woman  over a year ago

Stone

I would highly recommend Tesco mobile for older people, the customer service in their shop was perfect, taking well over an hour on a busy bank holiday weekend to make sure my mum was happy and knew how to work her phone. They refused to sell her the higher tariff, saying they didn't think she would need it . But that she could upgrade at a later date.

And told her to pop in at anytime for advice, which she has done and they have always been very trustworthy.

Oh and I'm not with them myself.

» Add a new message to this topic