FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Comic Geek Query: End of an Era

Comic Geek Query: End of an Era

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Seven years ago after collecting 2000AD for 15 years l cancelled my subscription. Actually l tried to go comic cold turkey and cancelled my subscriptions to other conics, but abstinence did not last.

At the time l sorted out the 2000ADs in order with a plan to put them ebay, but l ran out of steam.

I am finally clearing my garage and l need the space. I don't want to throw them out for recycling for obvious thrill power reasons. Are there any sensible and not so sensible alternative suggestions?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Ebay search.

Or gumtree.

Or a big brazier

"Seven years ago after collecting 2000AD for 15 years l cancelled my subscription. Actually l tried to go comic cold turkey and cancelled my subscriptions to other conics, but abstinence did not last.

At the time l sorted out the 2000ADs in order with a plan to put them ebay, but l ran out of steam.

I am finally clearing my garage and l need the space. I don't want to throw them out for recycling for obvious thrill power reasons. Are there any sensible and not so sensible alternative suggestions?"

Bonfire

By *igerstyle2k2Man  over a year ago

Oxfordshire

Make a throne out of all of them? Sit on the new throne and make people bow before you, "All hail King of 2000AD!"

"Make a throne out of all of them? Sit on the new throne and make people bow before you, "All hail King of 2000AD!"

"

Tharg would be touched! Lol

"Seven years ago after collecting 2000AD for 15 years l cancelled my subscription. Actually l tried to go comic cold turkey and cancelled my subscriptions to other conics, but abstinence did not last.

I am finally clearing my garage and l need the space. I don't want to throw them out for recycling for obvious thrill power reasons. Are there any sensible and not so sensible alternative suggestions?

Bonfire "

Lol

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

Give them to me. Now!

"Ebay search.

Or gumtree.

Or a big brazier"

Brazier lol,

Ebay and gumtree search idea thanks.

Just keep them

I'm 54

And still have over 1000 DC and marvel comics

By *moothies.Couple  over a year ago

Woodthorpe

Charity shop

@Smoothies:I did think of charity shops but I am not sure they have room for 15 years of comics. But thanks for the suggestion.

@Mature Gent: I would love to keep them but I need to get rid of a lot of stuff to recover space in my garage. I will still be keeping my originals of the complete series of "Preacher", "The Last Man", "Hitman" and "Strip"(not that kind of Strip",!

@:Wyrdwoman I would love to give you something but you are too far away!

By *uzy444Woman  over a year ago

in the suffolk countryside

you get a good price if you took them to a collectors or comic shop..i know theres one in ipswich..just look them up and give them a ring..the least they would do is give you an idea of what they are worth xx

"you get a good price if you took them to a collectors or comic shop..i know theres one in ipswich..just look them up and give them a ring..the least they would do is give you an idea of what they are worth xx"

Get a quote off a comic shop or put on EBay as a job lot or as complete years. I took a chunk of my collection to a local comic shop and got a fair price; actually the money never made it into my hands and I walked out with more bloody comics

If you were closer I'd come and take ten off your hands! We are collecting them in hardback at the moment.

By *argaryen starkCouple  over a year ago

pinxton

do the right thing or judge dredd will get you . either that or a bounty will be put on your head and johnny alpha will collect it

It never fails to amaze and amuse me just how many geeks there are on fab!

"you get a good price if you took them to a collectors or comic shop..i know theres one in ipswich..just look them up and give them a ring..the least they would do is give you an idea of what they are worth xx"

This would be my suggestion

@Suzy444 I used to live in Ipswich and I still get a relief parcel of comics from Central City Comics in Ipswich. Before I left Ipswich I did speak to the guy who runs it, he advised me to give the comics to a children's nursery ward as they did not have much value.

@ wasphunter my mother lives the London end of the M40, if I got my act together possibly, I could hand the boxes to you at service station half way down the M40. I would rather they went to a believer for enjoyment.

@Shivers and Dr Prod, thanks

@Targaryen Stark, lol, I will head out to the remote wastes and hide!

@Happinesswill the geek will inherit the earth!

By *argaryen starkCouple  over a year ago

pinxton

"@Suzy444 I used to live in Ipswich and I still get a relief parcel of comics from Central City Comics in Ipswich. Before I left Ipswich I did speak to the guy who runs it, he advised me to give the comics to a children's nursery ward as they did not have much value.

@ wasphunter my mother lives the London end of the M40, if I got my act together possibly, I could hand the boxes to you at service station half way down the M40. I would rather they went to a believer for enjoyment.

@Shivers and Dr Prod, thanks

@Targaryen Stark, lol, I will head out to the remote wastes and hide!

@Happinesswill the geek will inherit the earth!"

surely you mean the cursed earth ?

@Targuyan Stark: l am not Shirley, lol, but yes l meant the cursed earth. Too many munce pies at Xmas affecting my brain!

» Add a new message to this topic