FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > blizzard

blizzard

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ildbillkid OP   Man  over a year ago

where the road goes on forever

Snowing since last night roads iced over , what do ya'll do when snowed in?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Fab the night away

I can't remember it being so bad we couldn't go out. Transport has stopped but we were still able to drive to my daughter's to have snowball fights and build snowmen.

Been a while since that happened! Doubt we'll ever see that in the Midlands!

By *izzy.Woman  over a year ago

Stoke area

I am quite isolated. My kitchen has a fridge freezer as well as a fitted freezer. We keep it stocked up. When we get snowed in, I have more time to come on fab and arrange meets when we can get out. .......

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

"Been a while since that happened! Doubt we'll ever see that in the Midlands! "

It happens in Lincolnshire, it's not as flat as everyone thinks

Lat time it happened for me was 2010 and we kept by the fire a lot.

"I can't remember it being so bad we couldn't go out. Transport has stopped but we were still able to drive to my daughter's to have snowball fights and build snowmen."
they have closed some roads , white out conditions at times , so as someone else said i'll fab the rest of the day

"Been a while since that happened! Doubt we'll ever see that in the Midlands!

It happens in Lincolnshire, it's not as flat as everyone thinks

Lat time it happened for me was 2010 and we kept by the fire a lot."

we're not quite as flat here either, winds are piling the snow up

Must be out in the sticks a bit then Wildbill? It barely snows where I am but I lived in Montreal loved the snow for skiing and snowball fights

"Must be out in the sticks a bit then Wildbill? It barely snows where I am but I lived in Montreal loved the snow for skiing and snowball fights "
ha-ha no not quite in the sticks , but i can see them from here, reallydont like the snow ,

"Must be out in the sticks a bit then Wildbill? It barely snows where I am but I lived in Montreal loved the snow for skiing and snowball fights ha-ha no not quite in the sticks , but i can see them from here, reallydont like the snow , "

Aw wrap up warm with the fire on then...thats a lovely evening to be had

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

I used to live in a village where the nearest shop was a 15 min walk away normally, when it snowed a lot, driving wasn't an option as I lived on a rather steep hill and had bendy driveway on an incline up to ma garage.

Now I live a 5 min walk away from the city centre and because it's warmer here than out in the sticks the snow is never as bad

"Must be out in the sticks a bit then Wildbill? It barely snows where I am but I lived in Montreal loved the snow for skiing and snowball fights ha-ha no not quite in the sticks , but i can see them from here, reallydont like the snow ,

Aw wrap up warm with the fire on then...thats a lovely evening to be had "

i should have said i dont like being out in it , like looking at it from the window all snug and warm

"Snowing since last night roads iced over , what do ya'll do when snowed in?"

Get the ski's out and hike the biggest hill you can get to

"Must be out in the sticks a bit then Wildbill? It barely snows where I am but I lived in Montreal loved the snow for skiing and snowball fights ha-ha no not quite in the sticks , but i can see them from here, reallydont like the snow ,

Aw wrap up warm with the fire on then...thats a lovely evening to be had i should have said i dont like being out in it , like looking at it from the window all snug and warm"

Good plan

"I used to live in a village where the nearest shop was a 15 min walk away normally, when it snowed a lot, driving wasn't an option as I lived on a rather steep hill and had bendy driveway on an incline up to ma garage.

Now I live a 5 min walk away from the city centre and because it's warmer here than out in the sticks the snow is never as bad "

i live in a ( bedroom community) the (city) aabout a mile away major roads are being closed for us that dont get a lot of snow this storm is something we're not used to

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

"Been a while since that happened! Doubt we'll ever see that in the Midlands! "

I've been snowed in - it's tougher if you're rural. Expect snow and hassle, so that when it comes, it's no big surprise.

I think global warming will bring greater frequency of extreme weather for us in the UK. This may be a milder place overall but will likely include snowing and harsh cold sometimes.

Still snowing 1 foot drifts , guess sc i'll lurk and perv ha-ha really not a winter person at all, so no skiing , supposed to be the worst "el nino" on record global warming ? Something out of wack for sure

By *oachman 9CoolMan  over a year ago

derby

[Removed by poster at 27/12/15 23:21:33]

derby

"Must be out in the sticks a bit then Wildbill? It barely snows where I am but I lived in Montreal loved the snow for skiing and snowball fights heard it was minus 40 in canada on boxing day or can be, there is Something to be said about liveing in a temperate climate away from rivers and floodplains.. "

"Must be out in the sticks a bit then Wildbill? It barely snows where I am but I lived in Montreal loved the snow for skiing and snowball fights heard it was 40 plus zero in canada on boxing day or can be, there is Something to be said about liveing in a temperate climate away from rivers and floodplains.. "

I've been to Canada over Christmas, on the ski slopes it gets down to about -50 by the time you factor in the wind chill you could probably drop another 10 degrees

derby

"Must be out in the sticks a bit then Wildbill? It barely snows where I am but I lived in Montreal loved the snow for skiing and snowball fights heard it was 40 plus zero in canada on boxing day or can be, there is Something to be said about liveing in a temperate climate away from rivers and floodplains..

I've been to Canada over Christmas, on the ski slopes it gets down to about -50 by the time you factor in the wind chill you could probably drop another 10 degrees "

» Add a new message to this topic