FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Since the changes to the rules

Since the changes to the rules

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *riskygaz OP   Man  over a year ago

birmingham

Have you stopped playing the lotto, I see yet again no one won the jackpot which had all ready rolled over to all most 40 million. do you think they will find a big drop in sales and have to change the rules back again ?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I'd like to see it returned to the original basic format of one pound per play... selecting 6 from 49 numbers..... Only one draw per week (Saturday)

By *i1971Man  over a year ago

Cornwall

I started having an occasional go after years of not bothering. Still not won anything & with the reduced odds, really not likely to do so.

The old format was better & from speaking to friends, it sounds like less people are playing the new version. Doubt they'll change back though

Big roll overs are where mkre people buy tickets.

New rules make bigger roll overs.

The habitul players will play anyway as theyre addicts.

They're after the more occasional dabblers money

By *histler21Man  over a year ago

Ipswich

"Have you stopped playing the lotto, I see yet again no one won the jackpot which had all ready rolled over to all most 40 million. do you think they will find a big drop in sales and have to change the rules back again ?"

Never done the lottery. Never going to do the lottery. Changes are irrelevant as far as I'm concerned

The Lotto is a disgrace in my opinion. I stopped doing it after Branson was cheated out of running it. Not only are Camelot running it badly for far too much profit (Branson said he'd do so as non-profit), but the decisions made as to where the money goes often fills me with dismay. I'm sure there are many deserving causes who do get money, BUT there are those who have no business seeing so much as a penny. As so many people now put their money elsewhere it would appear people are now voting with their feet and doing other things with their hard-earned cash.

I bought a ticket every week for a year when the lottery first came out and won fuck all so stopped bothering

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I'd be for it as a nonprofit. I don't play it and have heard of the big prizes but have no clue on the format.

"The Lotto is a disgrace in my opinion. I stopped doing it after Branson was cheated out of running it. Not only are Camelot running it badly for far too much profit (Branson said he'd do so as non-profit), but the decisions made as to where the money goes often fills me with dismay. I'm sure there are many deserving causes who do get money, BUT there are those who have no business seeing so much as a penny. As so many people now put their money elsewhere it would appear people are now voting with their feet and doing other things with their hard-earned cash. "

fully agree with this. So many beneficiaries are total bollocks and imo, undeserving of our cash.

I won £10 the very first week it started but not a sniff, for 2 years after that. Haven't played it since - not even a scratchcard.

"I'd like to see it returned to the original basic format of one pound per play... selecting 6 from 49 numbers..... Only one draw per week (Saturday)

"

Just unfortunate the Camalot realised just how profitable it can be so got greedy and introduced all the other shit that they do now, haven't played the lottery in over a decade, and not future plans to start buying tickets again.

"Big roll overs are where mkre people buy tickets.

New rules make bigger roll overs.

The habitul players will play anyway as theyre addicts.

They're after the more occasional dabblers money"

Never understood why the occasional dabbler dabbles at 40 million but thinks... What 7 million... Not worth my time?.

"The Lotto is a disgrace in my opinion. I stopped doing it after Branson was cheated out of running it. Not only are Camelot running it badly for far too much profit (Branson said he'd do so as non-profit), but the decisions made as to where the money goes often fills me with dismay. I'm sure there are many deserving causes who do get money, BUT there are those who have no business seeing so much as a penny. As so many people now put their money elsewhere it would appear people are now voting with their feet and doing other things with their hard-earned cash. "

Branson wouldn't have done it for free - he wanted it branded as Virgin, that sort of publicity would have been worth £millions

Out of interest who do you think have "no business seeing a penny" - it's a strict criteria to get lottery funding and it is spread through so many different channels

I think the new format is a big, big mistake and it will be interesting to see if they stick with it. In the main people play because winning a tenner (or 25 after the last changes) is a nice surprise and 4 numbers is enough to treat yourself. The odds of those prizes are now massively reduced which is why I personally rarely bother. Surely no one plays expecting to win the the jackpot?

"I think the new format is a big, big mistake and it will be interesting to see if they stick with it. In the main people play because winning a tenner (or 25 after the last changes) is a nice surprise and 4 numbers is enough to treat yourself. The odds of those prizes are now massively reduced which is why I personally rarely bother. Surely no one plays expecting to win the the jackpot?

"

You really think people who play the lottery understand odds?

I pay a regular donation to two charities. I don't play the lottery to help others I do it for me and my family.

I only want to win it once but want £50

Million minimum.

I couldn't give a fuck if that makes me sound greedy . You can call me what you want whilst I'm in south Africa watching the cricket k ow me my family and a chosen few are set up for life.

I do!

That's why I don't play the lottery

"I pay a regular donation to two charities. I don't play the lottery to help others I do it for me and my family.

Million minimum.

I couldn't give a fuck if that makes me sound greedy . You can call me what you want whilst I'm in south Africa watching the cricket k ow me my family and a chosen few are set up for life. "

I wouldn't say it makes you sound greedy!

Unrealistic maybe!

I can't honestly say the odds on you winning 50 million are so unbeliverable that you practically have the same chance as me... And I don't play the lottery

I always have a little chuckle to myself in the newsagents when I see the..

Give me a tenner mob!

"I pay a regular donation to two charities. I don't play the lottery to help others I do it for me and my family.

Million minimum.

I couldn't give a fuck if that makes me sound greedy . You can call me what you want whilst I'm in south Africa watching the cricket k ow me my family and a chosen few are set up for life. "

I think you sound incredibly optimistic rather than greedy!

Someone has to win it

"Someone has to win it"

Yeah but then some people get struck by lightening six times in their life!.

Odds just aren't in your favour!

I can state two things with very very high likelihood.

1 you'll never be prime minister

2 you'll never win 50 million

How many times must I keep telling people!

STOP DOING THE CAMALOT LOTTO!!!

Play the irish instead. Played twice a week, (wed & sat), a quid a line, pick 6 from 47 numbers, and the odds are FAR better!

By *at69driveMan  over a year ago

Wisbech and A47 corridor

"Have you stopped playing the lotto, I see yet again no one won the jackpot which had all ready rolled over to all most 40 million. do you think they will find a big drop in sales and have to change the rules back again ?"
. As you are more likely to die in the next fourteen minutes I have never bothered doing it . I prefer to accumulate money by work and investment , not gambling .

By *ngel n tedCouple  over a year ago

maidstone

"I'd like to see it returned to the original basic format of one pound per play... selecting 6 from 49 numbers..... Only one draw per week (Saturday)

"

This!

By *he-Hosiery-GentMan  over a year ago

Everywhere

"

"The Lotto is a disgrace in my opinion. I stopped doing it after Branson was cheated out of running it. Not only are Camelot running it badly for far too much profit (Branson said he'd do so as non-profit), but the decisions made as to where the money goes often fills me with dismay. I'm sure there are many deserving causes who do get money, BUT there are those who have no business seeing so much as a penny. As so many people now put their money elsewhere it would appear people are now voting with their feet and doing other things with their hard-earned cash.

Branson wouldn't have done it for free - he wanted it branded as Virgin, that sort of publicity would have been worth £millions

Out of interest who do you think have "no business seeing a penny" - it's a strict criteria to get lottery funding and it is spread through so many different channels"

The ones I think have no business getting it are the organisations that not everyone has access to. A few years back (and maybe since) one of the major entertainment venues in London got a shed load, however the cost to attend the place in question would ordinarily be out of the financial reaches of most average folk. It seemed obscene to me that such an organisation that charged extortionate amounts to be there should be propped up by the income of those who were effectively prevented in attending any of its performances.

Branson wasn't cheated out of it. He offered less money for good causes than camelot so it was awarded to camelot.

It always surprises me that people are taken in by Branson despite the facts being freely available for all to read

By *uby0000Woman  over a year ago

hertfordshire

ive not won a thing since it all changed

tax on the stupid! always was, always will be.

By *iamondjoeMan  over a year ago

Glastonbury

"tax on the stupid! always was, always will be."

Yup

By *ayandpCouple  over a year ago

Plymouth

I don't think Camelot run it anymore

This ,

By *orseydaveMan  over a year ago

Norwich NR5

[Removed by poster at 28/12/15 09:43:23]

By *orseydaveMan  over a year ago

Norwich NR5

Camelot sold it to a Canadian company who changed the format see....

In March 2010, Toronto-based Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan announced that it had bought Camelot for £389m.

"Have you stopped playing the lotto, I see yet again no one won the jackpot which had all ready rolled over to all most 40 million. do you think they will find a big drop in sales and have to change the rules back again ?. As you are more likely to die in the next fourteen minutes I have never bothered doing it . I prefer to accumulate money by work and investment , not gambling ."

I'm currently inventing the first 'air travel safe' knitting needle that's where my money is gonna come from!

I always saw it as the first tax on hope

» Add a new message to this topic