FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Flood assistance

Flood assistance

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *owiththefloguy OP   Man  over a year ago

Lancashire & York

If anyone need any help cleaning up or just general help after been flooded I am available from 1600 today to help out in anyway in East Lancs, West Yorks areas.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"If anyone need any help cleaning up or just general help after been flooded I am available from 1600 today to help out in anyway in East Lancs, West Yorks areas."

that's good of you. xx

By *owiththefloguy OP   Man  over a year ago

Lancashire & York

Its needs to be done. I am lucky enough to live on a hill, but in the valley below its at least 6 fott deep

By *uke olovingmanMan  over a year ago

Gravesend

Nice gesture mate

Ring 101 op I'm sure they would be able to put you in contact with the right ppl

Plenty of groups set up on Facebook and plenty of churches, or anywhere with storage actually that's being opened to take and hold the donations until they are needed.

Give it a quick search will only take a few mins to find something you could help with

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Eastbourne

It is a shame that it takes a disaster to bring a community together, nice when it happens though.

Well done bud , we spent last night doing the same in our village , luckily the water levels dropped just in time

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

"It is a shame that it takes a disaster to bring a community together, nice when it happens though."

True Though good things can do this too

I helped out with the clean up not far from where we live...never seen so much carnage in person before

I only managed a few hours before having to leave and rest up since I'm still recovering from being ill. But the amount of people helping is amazing.

Something kind of pissed me off this morning though.

If i put a photo of our puppy up on Facebook he'll get 25 likes and 15 comments.

I put a call out for help last night, offering to drive anyone down with me to help these people out....not one reply.

By *ayfordMan  over a year ago

Colne

"I helped out with the clean up not far from where we live...never seen so much carnage in person before

I only managed a few hours before having to leave and rest up since I'm still recovering from being ill. But the amount of people helping is amazing.

If i put a photo of our puppy up on Facebook he'll get 25 likes and 15 comments.

I put a call out for help last night, offering to drive anyone down with me to help these people out....not one reply. "

I know that feeling. I'm up a hill at the top of our village so stayed dry, but couldn't in all good conscience stay in watching TV when I knew my friends and neighbours were struggling. But got p'ed off with people walking down to see what was happening and take pictures and not do anything.

I'm lucky to live in the south east which has missed it all but i watch the news at night in horror and disbelief My heart goes out to all affected further north. Hurricanes in Texas, snow melting in the alps, bush fires in Oz, its a very odd climate this winter and its still 15* here in Essex! its all messed up!

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

"If anyone need any help cleaning up or just general help after been flooded I am available from 1600 today to help out in anyway in East Lancs, West Yorks areas."

Lovely gesture, well done you!

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

"I helped out with the clean up not far from where we live...never seen so much carnage in person before

I put a call out for help last night, offering to drive anyone down with me to help these people out....not one reply. "

Well done to you too! I'm sure those few hours made a difference to those poor people!

» Add a new message to this topic