FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Are Xmas cards over rated?

Are Xmas cards over rated?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *oasted cheese sandwich OP   Man  over a year ago

Reading

So after giving my parents a peppa pig Xmas card I've had left over from years back, and the unappreciated expression I received in return got me wondering ..

U buy a nice card , only for it to be looked at briefly, maybe read maybe not , then put on the fireplace and eventually recycled, seems a waste of money to me, am I the only one?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I give my mum a card. I choose it carefully and write something nice inside. She appreciates it. That's a job well done in my eyes. I don't care to receive them from anyone myself.

Everyone except close family gets a bog standard multi pack card. But wife and mum etc get one I take a while to pick out - I know they appreciate a little bit of effort and it's the thought that counts isn't it?

No effort in card choice suggests that no thought or consideration has gone in to it - and how better to make someone feel undervalued than a no effort card choice...

I dislike seeing anything abbreviated to Xmas

Reading

"Everyone except close family gets a bog standard multi pack card. But wife and mum etc get one I take a while to pick out - I know they appreciate a little bit of effort and it's the thought that counts isn't it?

No effort in card choice suggests that no thought or consideration has gone in to it - and how better to make someone feel undervalued than a no effort card choice...

"

Wise words,

Maybe a last minute shop wouldn't hurt

Anyone else fancying a _oasted cheese sandwich?

I didn't send any cards this year no doubt I'm now the evil witch with no festive spirit

"Anyone else fancying a _oasted cheese sandwich? "
very much so

By *hole Lotta RosieWoman  over a year ago

Deviant City

I'm not sending cards this year, instead I have made a small donation to my chosen charity.

I have to admit that I really don't see the point, but the nearest and dearest do get cards from me and I take time picking ones that suit them as individuals and our relationship with one another. The rest of the world thinks of me as lil miss bah humbug as they get nowt.

"So after giving my parents a peppa pig Xmas card I've had left over from years back, and the unappreciated expression I received in return got me wondering ..

U buy a nice card , only for it to be looked at briefly, maybe read maybe not , then put on the fireplace and eventually recycled, seems a waste of money to me, am I the only one? "

I make a donation to a local homeless charity instead of cards. as i was once on the streets.

i post a message on Facebook to everyone saying not to be offender if they don't receive a card as i am donating instead

Give them a big hug and tell them you love them , means a lot more then a card that will be chucked after xmas

Reading

"So after giving my parents a peppa pig Xmas card I've had left over from years back, and the unappreciated expression I received in return got me wondering ..

U buy a nice card , only for it to be looked at briefly, maybe read maybe not , then put on the fireplace and eventually recycled, seems a waste of money to me, am I the only one?

I make a donation to a local homeless charity instead of cards. as i was once on the streets.

i post a message on Facebook to everyone saying not to be offender if they don't receive a card as i am donating instead"

I like this donation idea to be honest, money better used elsewhere .

Christmas is over rated full stop!

It has become far too commercial and the true meaning lost; it's all about want and greed

"Christmas is over rated full stop!

It has become far too commercial and the true meaning lost; it's all about want and greed"

I only send cards to the people that I absolutely have to. Waste of money.

By *hole Lotta RosieWoman  over a year ago

Deviant City

It has become far too commercial and the true meaning lost; it's all about want and greed"

exactly how I feel about Christmas.

I don't send cards for any occasion

I stopped sending cards years ago. You don't need a piece of card to wish someone a happy christmas. There's loads of ways you can tell them for free that show you give more of a shit about them.

By *irtyGirlWoman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

"I'm not sending cards this year, instead I have made a small donation to my chosen charity."

This is what I've done but after reading a post above maybe I should get family cards.

Edinburgh

I'm on the way home to make sweeties for my Dad. I did my Mums chocolates on Sunday. Homemade stuff is good right?!

By *oddyWoman  over a year ago

between havant and chichester

It has become far too commercial and the true meaning lost; it's all about want and greed

I'm on the way home to make sweeties for my Dad. I did my Mums chocolates on Sunday. Homemade stuff is good right?! "

what sweeties you making

"I stopped sending cards years ago. You don't need a piece of card to wish someone a happy christmas. There's loads of ways you can tell them for free that show you give more of a shit about them.

"

This is true , hey bitch ....... Merry Christmas mwah

"I stopped sending cards years ago. You don't need a piece of card to wish someone a happy christmas. There's loads of ways you can tell them for free that show you give more of a shit about them.

This is true , hey bitch ....... Merry Christmas mwah "

Hia

I saw your status, am so trying not to do christmas until i have to haha but merry christmas back.

You don't have to buy into the commercial side of Christmas. A card is a small gesture of kindness.

Hia

I saw your status, am so trying not to do christmas until i have to haha but merry christmas back."

Well I'm working it so that's as much Ho Ho fucking Ho as I'm going to get lol

Hia

I saw your status, am so trying not to do christmas until i have to haha but merry christmas back.

Well I'm working it so that's as much Ho Ho fucking Ho as I'm going to get lol"

Noooooo!! That's crap.

Edinburgh

I'm on the way home to make sweeties for my Dad. I did my Mums chocolates on Sunday. Homemade stuff is good right?!

what sweeties you making "

Marzipan fruits... watched a you tube and figured how hard can it be?!

Famous last words!

[Removed by poster at 22/12/15 19:29:36]

what sweeties you making

Famous last words!

"

use a lip liner brush for colouring the marzipan

"

Edinburgh

what sweeties you making

Famous last words!

use a lip liner brush for colouring the marzipan"

I have a tiny paintbrush!

I've just made the colours... going for it now!

By *uzzybeWoman  over a year ago

Darlington

"I didn't send any cards this year no doubt I'm now the evil witch with no festive spirit "

I didn't send any either...don't see the point

You don't have to buy into the commercial side of Christmas. A card is a small gesture of kindness. "

A rather expensive gesture of kindness.

Stamps... 60p... card... at least a quid.

Would rather spend that money on something that won't get binned after ten days.

» Add a new message to this topic