FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Deleting off facebook

Deleting off facebook

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Why do people see this as a great threat.

I had a guy on there who was a friend from school. I used to "go out" with him at school (I was about 13) and he added me on facebook and we had the usual, oh what have you been doing for the last 20 years conversation.

he is single and has posted several things on facbook saying I was his first girlfriend. I dont class those kids as boyfriends, nothing under 18 counts in my book.

Anyway he sent a message on facebook over xmas asking if I wanted to go to his new house as he was having a house warming party. I replied thanks but I cant make it, and Im rushed off my feet with my son having swine flu etc, trying to be nice and soften the blow really.

He has then sent a nasty message saying that I have changed a lot (noooo surely not!!!!) and Im not the girl he used to know and that he is taking me off his friends list. Like thats the end of the world for me.

Why do people feel that deleting off facebook is such a threat, or changing statuses or putting comments up etc.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Ive not had that happen but personally i dont care, i dont add anyone i dont know either

You know what they say, men grow older but never grow up!

i only have a select people on my facebook.

i obtain work through it so keep the friends number down to customers and real friends only.

You should report him for abuse and FB may delete his account - which is now known as being 'faceless'.

So it's not just on here that some people can't take rejection then

It's the same mentallity that some of the people on here have with 'blocking' if you don't drop everything to meet them. Some feel it's a way of lashing out at you. He's obviously from the 'taking it all a little too seriously' brigade, it's not a brigade populated by just blokes!

"You should report him for abuse and FB may delete his account - which is now known as being 'faceless'."

Oh come on Wishy. HOW did he abuse anyone ? Or are you being sarky and im being dim.

We had a school reunion so a lot of my old school mates are on there, but it is best that you keep it to real friends I think - I will from now on. Not that this has bothered me as such, he deleted me off his friends so that will be the end of it, but some people take things too personally

"You should report him for abuse and FB may delete his account - which is now known as being 'faceless'.

Oh come on Wishy. HOW did he abuse anyone ? Or are you being sarky and im being dim.

"

I just wanted to use the 'faceless' quip hehehe.

And no he didnt abuse me so I wont report it, it just surprised me that a someone could think I would be upset or even the slightest bit concerned that he deleted me off facebook.

In the olden days, when you wanted to fall out dramatically with friends, you could just slam the phone down and cut them off mid talk, now its just hit the big D button.

"You should report him for abuse and FB may delete his account - which is now known as being 'faceless'.

Ha ! Well that bit made me read it twice x x but I still fell for it.

I just wanted to use the 'faceless' quip hehehe. "

"We had a school reunion so a lot of my old school mates are on there, but it is best that you keep it to real friends I think - I will from now on. Not that this has bothered me as such, he deleted me off his friends so that will be the end of it, but some people take things too personally "

Feebs...... maybe HE decided that's it's best to only put recent friends on too ??

It's not dramatic and I don't expect he is writing in a forum about it.

I'd have a think about who has taken it personally.

Bingo, god im psychic

I had a bet with myself that someone would put a bit of a negative, sarky comment on this thread, and I did have a few contenders, granny your name was one of them.

Sometimes I think to myself shall I start a thread, other people have put up lighthearted threads for fun, they are not all thought provoking indepth conversations. I thought I would do the same, but I did wonder whether some bugger would put a sarky silly comment on and try and knock it etc etc, then I thought, noo course they wont, people are not like that on here. Then decided to go for it, just to see, c'est la vie

"Bingo, god im psychic

I had a bet with myself that someone would put a bit of a negative, sarky comment on this thread, and I did have a few contenders, granny your name was one of them.

Sometimes I think to myself shall I start a thread, other people have put up lighthearted threads for fun, they are not all thought provoking indepth conversations. I thought I would do the same, but I did wonder whether some bugger would put a sarky silly comment on and try and knock it etc etc, then I thought, noo course they wont, people are not like that on here. Then decided to go for it, just to see, c'est la vie

"

I haven't been sarcastic. I put a point of view.

And for the record. I am not a bugger or silly.

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

I thought wishy was serious then

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"We had a school reunion so a lot of my old school mates are on there, but it is best that you keep it to real friends I think - I will from now on. Not that this has bothered me as such, he deleted me off his friends so that will be the end of it, but some people take things too personally "

Not being funny Iconic, but you seem to be taking it personaly to start a thread about it on here?

PS whats facebook anyway, have never understood what the attraction is.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Hmmm Granny wasn't sarcastic and neither was I.

"And for the record. I am not a bugger or silly.

"

I apologise for those words, I didnt mean it personally. Every thread I write, there is always someone who will make it negative. I dont always come across that well in type, but the thread wasnt essentially about me and my old school friend, it was about how people use facebook, how they treat this as the be all and end of, adding people, deleting people, as if its a really huge tool in life.

I expected conversation about facebook

I didn't see the Ops post as her taking anything personally, it doesn't read that way to me. I think she was making a valid point about some peoples mentallity.

"And for the record. I am not a bugger or silly.

I apologise for those words, I didnt mean it personally. Every thread I write, there is always someone who will make it negative. I dont always come across that well in type, but the thread wasnt essentially about me and my old school friend, it was about how people use facebook, how they treat this as the be all and end of, adding people, deleting people, as if its a really huge tool in life.

I expected conversation about facebook

"

Well done you

It was just meant as a lighthearted chat thats all, thats what I expected. I havent taken my ex school chum deleting me personally, heck I hardly know him, like I said about, it was about facebook in general and how people use it.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"I didn't see the Ops post as her taking anything personally, it doesn't read that way to me. I think she was making a valid point about some peoples mentallity.

"

You don't have to, but others did...and are allowed to post it in a thread that someone has posted.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"It was just meant as a lighthearted chat thats all, thats what I expected. I havent taken my ex school chum deleting me personally, heck I hardly know him, like I said about, it was about facebook in general and how people use it.

"

Sorry , but you can't expect everyone to agree with what you say, if you are going to post on a forum for all to see, not everyone will know how you want you posts answered....and if they have a mind of their own they will answer what THEY think anyway.

Forum Mod

I was just recently about to delete my facebook account,hav'nt been on it for a year and really can't be bothered with it

Then my mum phoned up all excited and said she has just joined and she wanted me to add her as a friend!

"I didn't see the Ops post as her taking anything personally, it doesn't read that way to me. I think she was making a valid point about some peoples mentallity.

You don't have to, but others did...and are allowed to post it in a thread that someone has posted.

"

I know I don't have to, and I know others did, I can read, am I not allowed to post my point of view?

Why do you judge his mentality?

He decided he didn't want someone on his facebook ?

By *aucy3Couple  over a year ago

glasgow

rugby posting three times.we need more facebook,related threads. i dont know anything about facebook,sorry.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

I know I don't have to, and I know others did, I can read, am I not allowed to post my point of view?"

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"rugby posting three times.we need more facebook,related threads. i dont know anything about facebook,sorry. "

lol me neither....happily by the looks of it

My friends mum is on facebook, she loves it, updates her profile all the time - Maisie is making a cup of tea, that kind of thing. Its a fun thing at times.

but I also see other updates, such as the relationship thing. Moved from Dave is in relationship one day, dave's relationship is complicated, the next day, Dave is single the following day, that kind of thing.

I mainly reply on others' posts, I dont tend to use it that often though

[Removed by poster at 14/01/11 20:21:11]

"rugby posting three times.we need more facebook,related threads. i dont know anything about facebook,sorry.

lol me neither....happily by the looks of it"

Never been on it and I hope I never feel the need to, seems to cause more stress than fun

Im on it. I use it to contact family at times. I don't get involved in the pathetic shite though about who boils and egg etc. I use it kindly and never to insult people or blame them for my emotions. How said would I be if I did that ?

I opened an account to keep in touch with my sister when she moved to Dubai, then on to New Zealand.....seem to have sprouted 60 friends on it since :o)

I'm on about once a week- been deleted twice so far........I'm still upset about it.

"I opened an account to keep in touch with my sister when she moved to Dubai, then on to New Zealand.....seem to have sprouted 60 friends on it since :o)

I'm on about once a week- been deleted twice so far........I'm still upset about it. "

Wanna hug lanky legs ??

By *-and-KCouple  over a year ago

Back of Beyond

Whats Facebook?

I`ve an empathy with the OP..with regard to people who delete or block over some percieved slight..mainly rejection!!

As for why they do it or what they think its going to achieve,I guess its their immature way of reponse ...you`ve hurt me ...I`ll hurt you !!....

I don`t really worry or waste time over it ordinarily .....I don`t want contact with peeps like that anyway....

Tried Facebook once, and found it puerile beyond belief ...but thats my shit

"Whats Facebook? "

When you don't do sex right someone slaps you around the head with a Mills n Boon

"I opened an account to keep in touch with my sister when she moved to Dubai, then on to New Zealand.....seem to have sprouted 60 friends on it since :o)

I'm on about once a week- been deleted twice so far........I'm still upset about it.

Wanna hug lanky legs ??"

Ooooo- yeah ta Granny x

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

As for why they do it or what they think its going to achieve,I guess its their immature way of reponse ...you`ve hurt me ...I`ll hurt you !!....

D"

A question for you...why would it be immature to not want someone as a friend ( I use that term loosely ) anymore?

Wanna hug lanky legs ??

Ooooo- yeah ta Granny x"

Squueeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze !! Mwah x

Wanna hug lanky legs ??

Ooooo- yeah ta Granny x

Squueeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze !! Mwah x"

Ta- feel much better now x

People can add or block how many times they like, thats fine.

It just really tickled me that the school buddy in question actually typed on my home page or whatever its called and said, you've changed, you're not the girl I used to know, I am now blocking you. I just wished he'd ended it with a nah nah nah nah nah, its given me a smile today

"So it's not just on here that some people can't take rejection then "

nice one!

"

D

A question for you...why would it be immature to not want someone as a friend ( I use that term loosely ) anymore?

"

Of course it isn`t immature to redefine or terminate a friendship..be a silly person who advocated otherwise...thats everyones right ....and I don`t even have to justify it, tho it may be helpful to the other person if I was to explain my reason/s.....

I think we`re talking in the context of someone who doesn`t take kindly to an innoccous comment,or slight and then in other parlance " grabs the ball and storms of in a fit of pique"...think we`ve all come across em ....

I normaly get an abusive message...castigating my mothers virtue.then instantly blocked or deleted .....their behaviour preceding the delete which alludes to their emotional maturity ...which I felt the post was about....

"I was just recently about to delete my facebook account,hav'nt been on it for a year and really can't be bothered with it

Then my mum phoned up all excited and said she has just joined and she wanted me to add her as a friend!

"

My kids are on it and ok, I joined to see what they were up to! Wanted them to add me but they blocked me! My sister is on their friends list, and she was upset because she lives in Italy now but is very close to her nieces. She was upset my daughter put out a notification to her friends that she'd got engaged! She wanted a personal message not be part of the mass mailing!

I thought she was being a bit petty til she phoned today saying I'd lost weight and she liked my new hair colour and how me and the ex looked happy! My daughter had taken a lot of pics for her birthday/engagement lunch. There's a lovely pic of my ex and I with her and her fiance which she hasn't sent, but I'm plastered all over her Facebook page but I can't see it.

I'm annoyed and now I feel very petty!

Oh well!

"I was just recently about to delete my facebook account,hav'nt been on it for a year and really can't be bothered with it

My kids are on it and ok, I joined to see what they were up to! Wanted them to add me but they blocked me! My sister is on their friends list, and she was upset because she lives in Italy now but is very close to her nieces. She was upset my daughter put out a notification to her friends that she'd got engaged! She wanted a personal message not be part of the mass mailing!

I thought she was being a bit petty til she phoned today saying I'd lost weight and she liked my new hair colour and how me and the ex looked happy! My daughter had taken a lot of pics for her birthday/engagement lunch. There's a lovely pic of my ex and I with her and her fiance which she hasn't sent, but I'm plastered all over her Facebook page but I can't see it.

Oh well! "

Want to share in mine and Granny's hugs Sassy?

[Removed by poster at 14/01/11 20:58:51]

Forum Mod

Oh well! "

Aawwww Sassy (((hugs)))

If I did'nt add my Mum she would be devastated,im only keeping it going for a while until she gets bored of it too and then im deleting it

Oh well! "

Hug time ???

It's not petty Sass..... and you know yourself well and don't blame others for your feelings xxx

I don't let one of my daughters on mine cos she's nosier than you .. ! Concerned ....I meant concerned !

i used to have a facebook account, but deleted it a few months ago. whilst I understand that many just use it to keep in touch with family members or friends, there is also a malicious element too.

there are people out there just looking to cause trouble, stalking exes and spreading silly rumours.

also of course, is the silly comment such as "just brewing up/just farted" that i just couldn't be bothered with anymore.

Oh well!

Want to share in mine and Granny's hugs Sassy? "

Don't encourage me my lovely, I need a slap and be told to get a grip!

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Oh well! "

Ground her !!!

[Removed by poster at 14/01/11 21:00:54]

Dont let it bother you hun...waste of time and if you havent changed since school surely u would be more worried about that lol

Oh well!

Don't encourage me my lovely, I need a slap and be told to get a grip! "

I'll do the slappin ...someone else tell her to get a grip !

Oh well!

Don't encourage me my lovely, I need a slap and be told to get a grip! "

Get a grip woman.....no slaps- I shall reserve those for your pets

Forum Mod

Its very slap happy in here

lets take a pic and put it on facebook!

"Its very slap happy in here

lets take a pic and put it on facebook!"

Great idea

Oh well!

Hug time ???

It's not petty Sass..... and you know yourself well and don't blame others for your feelings xxx

I don't let one of my daughters on mine cos she's nosier than you .. ! Concerned ....I meant concerned !

"

I'm not nosey Granny, I'm erm, hum, er, taking a vested interest (that sounds good), yes, just taking an interest in my kids. Especially as my daughter travels the world on business.

That's my story, so there!

Can't be arsed with FB.

An ex-friend that I last met in 1987 happened "by chance" to come across my profile on FB, and sent me a message, saying how she tried to keep in contact with me, including sending mails to all known addresses etc...

The reason she is an ex-friend is that, I moved on since I came over here to study in 1979, and by 1987, we had nothing in common.

She was needy, clingy, pessimistic, indecisive, etc... the polar opposite of me, and drove me insane with her talks of "should I should I not tell this person how I felt about her" etc...

So when my parents decided to immigrate in 1987, I went back to my childhood home one last time to say my goodbyes, and decided to end my contact with this ex-friend.

I have now changed my profile so that I cannot be searched or contacted, as I have no wish to be dug out by those I have lost contact with.

And I do not wish to look for those I have lost touch with either.

Once I have moved on, I do not look back. It has worked for me, and I do not intend to change!

By *irtyGirlWoman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Funny... I was gonna start a thread about Facebook the other day... kinda glad I didn't.

My point was someone who lives out their whole life on it for everyone to see. I post on mine of course, but there are some things that people just don't need to know. It makes me cringe when people post things for effect because they know that someone specific is going to see it. I have to bite my tongue fairly often cause I really would quite like to tell the person just how pathetic it is to read. My bad. But seriously... get a life, there are some things that should remain private!

There... see now I don't have to bite my tongue. Feel better already. Thank you for listening.

That is all.

"Can't be arsed with FB.

An ex-friend that I last met in 1987 happened "by chance" to come across my profile on FB, and sent me a message, saying how she tried to keep in contact with me, including sending mails to all known addresses etc...

The reason she is an ex-friend is that, I moved on since I came over here to study in 1979, and by 1987, we had nothing in common.

She was needy, clingy, pessimistic, indecisive, etc... the polar opposite of me, and drove me insane with her talks of "should I should I not tell this person how I felt about her" etc...

So when my parents decided to immigrate in 1987, I went back to my childhood home one last time to say my goodbyes, and decided to end my contact with this ex-friend.

I have now changed my profile so that I cannot be searched or contacted, as I have no wish to be dug out by those I have lost contact with.

And I do not wish to look for those I have lost touch with either.

Once I have moved on, I do not look back. It has worked for me, and I do not intend to change!

"

Well said Pearl xx

my sentiments exactly, pearl. i had a former colleague contact me on FB and it kind of spooked me out that she had rung the employer where we both worked to find out 'stuff' about me. a former colleague told her that i had changed my name, where i worked now etc.

FB no more.

By *irtyGirlWoman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Mine is in a false name... I don't need to be found by the fuckwits I was at school with. I kept in touch with the people I liked.

My mum decided she was going to have a Facebook account. I blocked her and told her I'd deleted it.

It is a bit strange that people think that we are all the same as we were when we were at school.....I have accepted friends from school and then never spoken to them so when I edit my list delete them ..... and guess what they invite me again ....Am I missing something or what is the point...

By *umpkinMan  over a year ago

near the sounds of the wimborne quarter jack!

Am I glad I haven`t got FaceTwit profiles!

I have to say- it got me in touch with a friend who moved to NZ (after several other attempts)....it's been good for me :o)

By *aucy3Couple  over a year ago

glasgow

sorry to interupt.

this is my died and gone to heaven thread.

rugby 7 times.(if only)

why did nobody,think of a facebook thread before.

carry on.

» Add a new message to this topic