FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Amazon= Thanks for nothing!

Amazon= Thanks for nothing!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *-and-K OP   Couple  over a year ago

Back of Beyond

On 10th December sent them an order for two dvd's, part of Katee's Xmas Pressie. Only part 1 and part 2 of a Dance Tango series. Once the order was accepted they sent me a mail to say that one of them would be delayed to 29th December.

So left me apologising on Xmas Day as to why she had received part 2 and part 1 was missing.

Then on the 29th receive another email to say it was delayed again. Now received a third this morning to say likely delivery will be January 22nd!

Keep going Amazon she might get it in time for Valentine's Day!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *imal75Man  over a year ago

Wolverhampton

What a Total Mess by Amazon! Get your complaint letter out quick!

By *harpDressed ManMan  over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

Amazon are effectively passing on the message from the distributor. When this happened to me I eventually got a message that they didn't think it would ever be available, and would I like a refund.

Would a 10 year old copy of Tango & Cash be an acceptable substitute?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

And here's the lesson: If you have to order something online for an Xmas pressie, NEVER do it in December. I get my orders in by end-October at the latest.

"And here's the lesson: If you have to order something online for an Xmas pressie, NEVER do it in December. I get my orders in by end-October at the latest."

Same here, the mrs did put an order in for a DVD on the 5th December, realizing after our son had opened everything xmas morning that it wasnt there (he got quite a bit so it was easy to miss one when wrapping them all), she emailed amazon, got a reply saying another one would be sent out and apologized blaming the recent bad weather for the delay, 3 days later both DVDs arrived on the same day

mally know this is prob a silly question but i missed the anouncement what was your new baby??

"mally know this is prob a silly question but i missed the anouncement what was your new baby??"

Another scouser.

"mally know this is prob a silly question but i missed the anouncement what was your new baby??"

Its was a Girl, 7lb9oz, thanks for asking.

Wishy your far too predictable these days

i order from amazon regularly, almost weekly. never had any problems until i ordered a DVD/soundtrack which I needed to write an essay for uni. it took two weeks to arrive, as opposed to their usual quick turn around. by this point, i had already done my essay and it was too late. fortunately, i had already seen it, so knew what to write about.

i placed an order this monday and it arrived yesterday.

typical - i asked them to refund the goods, which they did and they turned up the day after!

overall, i find amazon great and its the mail service/couriers that let me down.

but yes agree, that if you are ordering for xmas, maybe order a little earlier in future.

"mally know this is prob a silly question but i missed the anouncement what was your new baby??

Wishy your far too predictable these days "

I'm only joking mally, I have to take it on the chin over Man U.

Hope ya little lass is doing well.

"mally know this is prob a silly question but i missed the anouncement what was your new baby??

Wishy your far too predictable these days

I'm only joking mally, I have to take it on the chin over Man U.

Hope ya little lass is doing well. "

she was at 6am this morning little blighter decided it was time for everyone in the house to get up, Man U, Liverpool, both as bad as each other in my opinion and I don't mean the football, although watching liverpool get beat just after Kenny took over did make me laugh

"i order from amazon regularly, almost weekly. never had any problems until i ordered a DVD/soundtrack which I needed to write an essay for uni. it took two weeks to arrive, as opposed to their usual quick turn around. by this point, i had already done my essay and it was too late. fortunately, i had already seen it, so knew what to write about.

i placed an order this monday and it arrived yesterday.

typical - i asked them to refund the goods, which they did and they turned up the day after!

overall, i find amazon great and its the mail service/couriers that let me down.

but yes agree, that if you are ordering for xmas, maybe order a little earlier in future. "

my daughter works for the distributor for amazon ...OMG they went thru hell with the weather problems during the run up to xmas and u have no idea how many parcels they send out on a daily basis and the backlog they had .......i could go on !!! order in november for xmas !!!!

I've never had a problem with Amazon to be fair. 14 December I ordered iPod Touch, Glee, Mentalist, American Dad and Inbetweeners dvds for my daughters, four days later they all arrived.

By *ocketManUKMan  over a year ago

Cradley Heath

I had similar problems with Amazon some time ago, saying items were in stock when i ordered but being told weeks later they werent going to turn up. I use Play.com now, all the items I ordered in the run up to Christamas arrived as promised.

By *-and-K OP   Couple  over a year ago

Back of Beyond

"I had similar problems with Amazon some time ago, saying items were in stock when i ordered but being told weeks later they werent going to turn up. I use Play.com now, all the items I ordered in the run up to Christamas arrived as promised."

Yep that is my complaint. That they accepted the order and then days later they email to say that there is no stock, yet the website is still showing there is!

If they had been up front immediately I may have had time to order from elsewhere.

By *urreyfun2008Man  over a year ago

East Grinstead

Problem can often be that people buy through amazon.co.uk and don't realise they are buying from a third party that is using Amazon as the shop front.

Add to that the problems with the couriers in the last few weeks (on top of the usual variability) and can imagine it was a problem.

The big Amazon shopping for Christmas was done in November in this house. Which helped to spread out the cost of December a little too.

Wishy your far too predictable these days "

late congratulations then and thank you been doing me head in wondering lol and wishy nowt wrong with scousers was married to 1 for 23yrs x

Amazon i have always rated to be good and never usually a delay. with the bad weather i had problems and 2 dvds was late but i cant complain x

just speak to customer servives and get through to ireland as they are better than the indian one x

I've used Amazon.

By *umpkinMan  over a year ago

near the sounds of the wimborne quarter jack!

I must have been very lucky. I ordered a sat-nav, two carrying cases, a lead and two chargers on the Sunday before Xmas and all had arrived by the Thursday. Not bad when you consider that the chargers came from Guersey and the airport that normally takes Guernsey`s air freight was closed!

amazon use to be fairly good a few years ago. maybe as they have got bigger customer service has suffered.

the book i contributed to sold ok on amazon.com in the US but that was a few years ago now.

havnt used them for a while and its sad to hear this.

» Add a new message to this topic