FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > What do you think is it right or wrong

What do you think is it right or wrong

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *aravancouple OP   Man  over a year ago

A Secret Hideaway In the caravan of love

To be charged for visiting family or friends,when they are in Hospital as that is when they need you the most.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *eppersCouple  over a year ago

telford

Disgraceful, making money out of other peoples misery, thats what i think.

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

for getting entry into the hospital?

or is it parking?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I don't think Family should pay, most pay enough in Taxes to cover this

Most definately WRONG. It is a damn right insult to have to pay a penny to park in or near hospital grounds, and most of the time it's at extortionate rates - prepay so your worries are not entirely cast on your family member or friend. You have to clock watch which you don't need when you are stressed/worried. Charging for parking should be only applied for shopping centres and high streets etc.

By *ercedes62Woman  over a year ago

Northampton

When you have someone seriously ill in hospital and you are vising several times a day it really is not fair.

However what most hospitals dont tell you is that you can get a special dispensation to allow for reduced/free parking if the person is seriously ill.

Mercedes x

By *aravancouple OP   Man  over a year ago

A Secret Hideaway In the caravan of love

"for getting entry into the hospital?

or is it parking?"

Sorry for parking

telford

Just another tax on the motorist, what did hospitals do in the last forty years before they started charging to visit hospital, here in telford even the disabled with badges have to pay the parking charge,

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

how would the hospital stop the staff and there would be 100s of them parking there before visiting time

The problem is that a lot of car parks at hospitals are run by third party companies, which brings in revenue for the hospitals themselves in lease or rental fees.

It is unfair to charge but sadly it is just another way that they screw you in rip off briton.

sadly in this world everything is a business including health of loved ones.

By *y_funcoupleCouple  over a year ago

SHEFFIELD

Money, Money, Money!

If they can make money then they will... I dont think its right.

40 years ago most families couldn't afford one car let alone two of them. With the increased mobility of the populace and the fact that people hop in the cars just to go 1/2 mile to the shops means that the roads are congested on a permanent basis in some towns. Visiting times in hospitals are notorious for generating even more congestion and the hospitals have to keep the roads in and around the facility clear to allow emergency vehicles unrestricted access.

Another reason for introducing fees was because a lot of commuters used hospital car parks to leave their cars in while they caught a nearby bus or train to work. Once those hospitals affected by this cottoned on to what was going on it was inevitable that fees would follow - and then other hospitals followed suit until it became the norm.

The people to blame for hospital parking fees are the motorists themselves, but what surprises me most is that if you love your spouse/parent/kinsman is a couple of pounds parking really that heavy a price to pay to go and see them when they really need you. When my dear old mum was in hospital a couple of years ago I didn't even stop to think how much it cost to park my car to go and see her, and that also applied to when Siren was in for a few days after giving birth.

Life ain't free and if free car parks were in a poor condition with the tarmac breaking up, poor lighting at night time and cars being broken into due to lack of security I bet there would be loads of people moaning about it, probably the same ones moaning about spending a couple of quid to visit their dearly beloved.

[Removed by poster at 11/01/11 19:05:23]

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

and the revenues created would need to be found from the hospital budget..

so how many less doctors/nurses to look after the loved ones you are visiting.

and possible longer waiting lists.

telford

Yes we appreciate people are selfish, and i think it's bit arrogant of you to tugg at peoples heart strings , by saying if you loved someone it shouldn't matter how much you pay to park your car,but lifes not that simple and we all have to live on a budget,And sometimes people fall ill at the most awkward of times pmsl how inconsiderate is that,

As for crime it is not stopped by chargeing people to park they just put up a disclaimer notice, now if they are taking your money then surely they should take responsability for ensureing you prized relaint robin is safe.

telford

Ha it would be used to put more useless managers over managers over managers a job and not on nurses or doctors

"Yes we appreciate people are selfish, and i think it's bit arrogant of you to tugg at peoples heart strings , by saying if you loved someone it shouldn't matter how much you pay to park your car,but lifes not that simple and we all have to live on a budget,And sometimes people fall ill at the most awkward of times pmsl how inconsiderate is that,

As for crime it is not stopped by chargeing people to park they just put up a disclaimer notice, now if they are taking your money then surely they should take responsability for ensureing you prized relaint robin is safe."

I've parked in hospital car parks down south and up here in the north and I've never found the prices to be that high tbh. £2.50 for five hours parking is quite reasonable. What would you spend £2.50 per day elsewhere? A pint of beer? Half a packet of fags? Fish & chips, almost?

£2.50 isn't a lot of money, even for five days in the week, and as for weekends, you can usually find somewhere else to park that has it's parking restrictions lifted for weekends. I'm not being arrogant, I'm just saying that it isn't that much of a problem and as another poster said above, there are special discounts for families of those with serious or long term ill relatives in hospitals.

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

but staff alone account for probably 1000 spaces... where do they park ?

at the change over of shifts, you have double parked, the folks finishing, the folks starting.... and prob mid afternoon.. peak visiting time.

and if in the city centre... every shop worker, office worker would park and walk to save a fortune on city centre parking

Hospitals should be made larger so that we can park next to the beds.

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

"Hospitals should be made larger so that we can park next to the beds."

now I am seeing drive thro hospitals Granny x

"Hospitals should be made larger so that we can park next to the beds."

Or perhaps the drive through approach could be adopted and as we pull up in our car our relative can be put on a conveyor to come and see us and after they've passed by the _iewing window and are out of _iew we simply drive away.

telford

The real crux of this problem is the fact the nearly all the hospital staff have to pay them too, i know when i was in icu, the nurses where not happy about it.

My daughter paid £3 for day parking but in a car park 10 mins walk from the main hospital where her father died in critical care last week, you would think people would get free parking wouldnt you

telford

Wishy pmsl if that was not really funny it could be true in the future, now there's a worrying thought.

telford

To the best of my knowledge only renal and cancer patients get refunded there parking charges, and this is done reluctantly as they would prefere those patients to use hospital transport.

"My daughter paid £3 for day parking but in a car park 10 mins walk from the main hospital where her father died in critical care last week, you would think people would get free parking wouldnt you "

The problem with providing free parking in hospital grounds is, as is suggested above, that it just fills up the car park with commuters - who have no other connection to the hospital - making it almost impossible for staff, visitors and out-patients to park close to where they need to be.

And what makes it even more of a rip off if you are an out patient you have to make sure you that you have a ticket that will cover your time in the hospital as you don't know how long you will be waiting you always add an extra hour?

I also remember that under certain circumstances that the hospital will issue passes for free parking if they deem it necessary and sadly alot of people don't know this as they don't or won't let people know.

"My daughter paid £3 for day parking but in a car park 10 mins walk from the main hospital where her father died in critical care last week, you would think people would get free parking wouldnt you

The problem with providing free parking in hospital grounds is, as is suggested above, that it just fills up the car park with commuters - who have no other connection to the hospital - making it almost impossible for staff, visitors and out-patients to park close to where they need to be."

Perhaps i should have put "on that occasion" as he was there a week, died from swine flu

By *obletonMan  over a year ago

THE STICKS

I think a few people here should take a look at some of the less civilised countries in the world where not only would they be paying for parking but they'd be paying in full for the hospital treatment too .... assuming they could affors to take the time time off out of the sweatshop to visit their relatives in the first place of course

"Wishy pmsl if that was not really funny it could be true in the future, now there's a worrying thought."

Never mind Wishy. He stole Views idea n View stole it from Me !

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

"Wishy pmsl if that was not really funny it could be true in the future, now there's a worrying thought.

Never mind Wishy. He stole Views idea n View stole it from Me !

"

yup I did

"Hospitals should be made larger so that we can park next to the beds.

Or perhaps the drive through approach could be adopted and as we pull up in our car our relative can be put on a conveyor to come and see us and after they've passed by the _iewing window and are out of _iew we simply drive away. "

This is the problem solver !

OMG ....OM Fkn God ........O M Fkn Good God .....

Brainwaaaaaaaaaaaave !

Web cam hossy visitin'

Don't even leave your house...... Tadaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Im gonna patent it now.

©

© Webcam Hossy Visitn' © by Granny

Forum Mod

"© Webcam Hossy Visitn' © by Granny"

I love this idea and the conveyor belt one

Everyone that parks at the hospital I work at pays,they have staff spaces for staff that live outside what they think is reasonable walking distance or do shifts,many hospital workers are admin and do normal office hrs so they are expected to find alternative ways to get to work. The rest of the spaces are for visitors

If you have someone that is in for more than a couple of days the closest family members can get cheaper parking its not just for critically ill or cancer patients

"© Webcam Hossy Visitn' © by Granny"

© Webcam Granny Visiting © by Me

Who better to cam when you need cheering up...

"Hospitals should be made larger so that we can park next to the beds.

Or perhaps the drive through approach could be adopted and as we pull up in our car our relative can be put on a conveyor to come and see us and after they've passed by the _iewing window and are out of _iew we simply drive away.

This is the problem solver !

OMG ....OM Fkn God ........O M Fkn Good God .....

Brainwaaaaaaaaaaaave !

Web cam hossy visitin'

Don't even leave your house...... Tadaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Im gonna patent it now.

© "

It won't work. Have you seen the price of a phone card in hospital. Now THAT'S a fookin rip off!

By *he_original_poloWoman  over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

Hospitals charging for parking - yes they should.

They are a hospital and thus a medical care provider not a parking space provider... they have no obligation to provide parking.

» Add a new message to this topic