FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Party ettiquette.

Party ettiquette.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

We`re thinking of hosting our first house party, and wondered: Is it considered the "done thing" to let the people we invite know who else we have invited or who`s attending.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *irtyGirlWoman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

No idea... never had a house party and never would I don't think.

Have a read through the "Are we wrong to complain?" thread in the Swingers Chat. Might give you a few things to think about.

Hope it goes well.

By *ouplefunukCouple  over a year ago

North Bristol

We've only ever organised house parties on another site, and the format was always a thread where people put their names down so everyone was aware anyway.

Never having organised anything on here, I wouldn't know what to advise you, sorry.

*Her*

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

just keep it to a select few friends at first.those who you know will enjoy the party even if they dont play. if you open it up to everyone the your asking for trouble.

"

We`re thinking of hosting our first house party, and wondered: Is it considered the "done thing" to let the people we invite know who else we have invited or who`s attending. "

It all depends if you want to avoid conflict in your house. I would say yes then if someone dislikes someone else they won't attend and avoid bad feeling.

"No idea... never had a house party and never would I don't think.

Have a read through the "Are we wrong to complain?" thread in the Swingers Chat. Might give you a few things to think about.

Hope it goes well. "

Just had a look at that thread:

Ooooh, not good, poor couple. Although we are thinking of inviting folk we have already met, albiet, most only socially.

Certainly gives us something to think about.

Thanks.

I would let people know but there is a post on here "are we right to Complain?"

this couple hosted a party and it ended not good so read this before hosting as after reading it I thought I'm never gonna host a party

By *prite128Woman  over a year ago

maidstone

"I would let people know but there is a post on here "are we right to Complain?"

this couple hosted a party and it ended not good so read this before hosting as after reading it I thought I'm never gonna host a party"

dont let their experience put you off completely as many people have really positive experiences hosting/attending parties too. ive been really lucky in attending some fab ones, sometimes I knew who was going, sometimes I didnt ...if attending as a single woman I preferred to know, but ultimately I would decide on whether or not to go depending on my relationship with the hosts themselves.

ive been to quite a few house parties, some let you know whos going some dont, thats upto you if you want to tell people

personally i would rather know whos going because if there isnt anyone there im going to like id like to know before i make the effort to go as i dont drive so its quite a chore for me lol

saying that i have been to a few house parties and had no ideas whos going to be there, some have been great some i havnt played

"I would let people know but there is a post on here "are we right to Complain?"

this couple hosted a party and it ended not good so read this before hosting as after reading it I thought I'm never gonna host a party"

I`ve read it thanks mate, DirtyGirl drew my attention to it.

Such a shame, folk don`t deserve to be treated like that.

Yes had a party here ....dinner party i had for 30 could see them getting off with each other in front of my eyes and alot did stay the night ... was fab and thay never made a mess i did say no condoms in my indoor pool ... in the morning the bed rooms you could here them all having fun groaning screaming all sorts. lol now have new hot-tub so we are having a Dinner swingers party here again soon for friends and new ones .... as can sleep alot 16 bed rooms i have here at the manor x next time i am making sexy cock- tails like sex on the beach and stuff too. lol x jo

By *irtyGirlWoman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

"

Ooooh, not good, poor couple. Although we are thinking of inviting folk we have already met, albiet, most only socially.

Thanks. "

No worries... as has been said, I don't know that I'd let it put you off, if you know the people you've invited then that's a head start. I'm sure some of those things mentioned in that thread happen at any sort of party but I doesn't hurt to have a think about the rooms you'd have off limits and what sort of ground rules you want to make before you start.

If I was invited to a party, I think I'd want to know who was going before I committed. Sometimes it doesn't make any difference cause a party can be fun regardless of whether it's simply social or not.

"Yes had a party here ....dinner party i had for 30 could see them getting off with each other in front of my eyes and alot did stay the night ... was fab and thay never made a mess i did say no condoms in my indoor pool ... in the morning the bed rooms you could here them all having fun groaning screaming all sorts. lol now have new hot-tub so we are having a Dinner swingers party here again soon for friends and new ones .... as can sleep alot 16 bed rooms i have here at the manor x next time i am making sexy cock- tails like sex on the beach and stuff too. lol x jo"

Sounds fun, we can maybe just hold the party at your place then lol.

"Yes had a party here ....dinner party i had for 30 could see them getting off with each other in front of my eyes and alot did stay the night ... was fab and thay never made a mess i did say no condoms in my indoor pool ... in the morning the bed rooms you could here them all having fun groaning screaming all sorts. lol now have new hot-tub so we are having a Dinner swingers party here again soon for friends and new ones .... as can sleep alot 16 bed rooms i have here at the manor x next time i am making sexy cock- tails like sex on the beach and stuff too. lol x jo

Sounds fun, we can maybe just hold the party at your place then lol."

yes ok xx Last one started 7 sat night was still going untill sunday night.. was alot of fun ... and very good mix of people and thay looked after the house Only thing thay did was one of the beds never been the same , lol x

By *ocketManUKMan  over a year ago

Cradley Heath

A few years ago my partner and I were having a fun time at someones house when the bed leg gave way and we were tipped onto the floor. We were so embaressed we proped the bed up with books and headed for the exit. We felt incredibly guilty, went back the next day offering to pay for a new bed, only to be told the leg was already broken but they hadnt had time to get it fixed, so had wedged it in and hoped it would be ok. It is funny to look back at now but at the time.....OMG!

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"

We`re thinking of hosting our first house party, and wondered: Is it considered the "done thing" to let the people we invite know who else we have invited or who`s attending. "

I would never host a party where the guests didnt all know each other, apart from maybe one or at a push two, ive been invited to parties in the past where people werent told who was attending, and it wasnt a success.

"

We`re thinking of hosting our first house party, and wondered: Is it considered the "done thing" to let the people we invite know who else we have invited or who`s attending. I would never host a party where the guests didnt all know each other, apart from maybe one or at a push two, ive been invited to parties in the past where people werent told who was attending, and it wasnt a success. "

Cheers "Femme", if push comes to shove, can I hire you and "Big" for the door.

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"

We`re thinking of hosting our first house party, and wondered: Is it considered the "done thing" to let the people we invite know who else we have invited or who`s attending. I would never host a party where the guests didnt all know each other, apart from maybe one or at a push two, ive been invited to parties in the past where people werent told who was attending, and it wasnt a success.

Cheers "Femme", if push comes to shove, can I hire you and "Big" for the door. "

LOL but of course

Well, you should let us know lol

"

Thanks.

No worries... as has been said, I don't know that I'd let it put you off, if you know the people you've invited then that's a head start. I'm sure some of those things mentioned in that thread happen at any sort of party but I doesn't hurt to have a think about the rooms you'd have off limits and what sort of ground rules you want to make before you start.

If I was invited to a party, I think I'd want to know who was going before I committed. Sometimes it doesn't make any difference cause a party can be fun regardless of whether it's simply social or not. "

We have small group fun from time to time but, sometimes, we are stymied by peeps not wanting to confirm until they know who else has confirmed. You can imagine that this can be infernal.

Most times folks take us on trust to invite sexy peeps but on the odd occasion we have ended up being exhausted by the whole thing and popping out the Pleasures instead.

Weve been invited to parties where the hosts did give a list of names of who were going

By *HAGADELICCouple  over a year ago

south london

Oh guest lists...

The importance some people put on them!

Wanting to know who's going and then wanting to vet your list -criticise it, and "suggesting" people for it (ie people they want to meet). We've seriously fallen out with people who were friends but who got overmighty wanting to control a party held at OUR house.

We don't give or ask for a guest list but it's a matter of personal choice and the feel of the party.

Just ask people who you know and like

» Add a new message to this topic