FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Vagina Added Tax

Vagina Added Tax

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *LCC OP   Couple  over a year ago

Cambridge

This may well be a topic that has previously discussed, but I was very disappointed to read that my local MP Heidi Allen, voted to KEEP the tax on sanitary products, aka Tampon Tax.

If an MP cant even represent themselves, how can we expect them to represent us, their constituents?

Find out how yours voted by googling They Work For You and looking at the voting record for your MP, the vote was held on 26th October, called Finace Bill (ways and means)(payment of corporation tax) New clause 7 - VAT on sanitary protection products (No. 2)

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I think that the important point to bear to bear in mind here is that you don't live in a democracy. Although you're free to believe that you do.

"This may well be a topic that has previously discussed, but I was very disappointed to read that my local MP Heidi Allen, voted to KEEP the tax on sanitary products, aka Tampon Tax.

If an MP cant even represent themselves, how can we expect them to represent us, their constituents?

Find out how yours voted by googling They Work For You and looking at the voting record for your MP, the vote was held on 26th October, called Finace Bill (ways and means)(payment of corporation tax) New clause 7 - VAT on sanitary protection products (No. 2)"

Was that the only thing of the bill being voted on at that time though or were multiple things being voted on?

Cause if clause 8 was -increase vat to 50% or something else unworkable you could see why they would vote against a seemingly sensible position

Yes there is already a thread about it from a day or two ago x

So the vote was actually on

"“(1) Within three months of the passing of this Act, the Chancellor of the Exchequer shall lay before both Houses of Parliament a statement on his strategy to negotiate with the European Union institutions an exemption from value added tax for women’s sanitary protection products."

(2) A Minister of the Crown must lay before Parliament a report on progress at achieving an exemption from value added tax for women’s sanitary protection products within European Union law by 1 April 2016.”—

So not a vote on whether there should be VAT on them but a vote on there being a rushed plan to negotiate tax law with the eu.

More time than 3 months would be needed for such a intertwined issue I'd think

By *andS66Couple  over a year ago

Derby

"So the vote was actually on

"“(1) Within three months of the passing of this Act, the Chancellor of the Exchequer shall lay before both Houses of Parliament a statement on his strategy to negotiate with the European Union institutions an exemption from value added tax for women’s sanitary protection products."

(2) A Minister of the Crown must lay before Parliament a report on progress at achieving an exemption from value added tax for women’s sanitary protection products within European Union law by 1 April 2016.”—

So not a vote on whether there should be VAT on them but a vote on there being a rushed plan to negotiate tax law with the eu.

More time than 3 months would be needed for such a intertwined issue I'd think"

Isn't it 5 months before 1st April 2016?

[Removed by poster at 29/10/15 06:20:32]

Most people just belive their newspapers version. Morning Star-the Daily Mail all have their own angle spin on things. It's our own fault if we just take a headline to be outraged, without looking at the story properly.

We can see someone has, and posted the core part here to see....

By *LCC OP   Couple  over a year ago

Cambridge

So he had 3 months to come up with a plan, and 5 months to let parliament know how it was going. It doesn't seem too hard to me. As 50% of the EU population is female, it should be easy enough to get through, you eould have thought.

» Add a new message to this topic