FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > jolly nice places to visit

jolly nice places to visit

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Good evening Fabbers and Friends.

Gosh what a lovely few days . Took a trip up to York. What a beautiful and historic city. Heaps of history and interesting places to visit.

Home now and snuggled with Pooch , he too has been on his holidays with one of his best chum.

York was gorgeous but its great to be home.

So this evenings questions is

Tell me something nice about where you live and places of interest ?

Have jolly fun chums ,

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Well the best bit about Reading is the A329 road exiting the place

Nearby though we have Burnham Beeches, Runnymede, Virginia Water and Windsor Great Park which are lovely places to walk and get some fresh air.

We also have the ancient Roman settlement of Silchester nearby with the city walls and amphitheatre which is also a lovely place to explore on a crisp Autumnal day

By *empting Devil.Woman  over a year ago

Sheffield

Sheffield is a fun and friendly city but it's situated in some beautiful countryside. Ten minutes drive one way and I'm in the city centre, ten minutes the other way and I'm in the peak district.

I grew up near York and though it's beautiful and historic in a way Sheffield isn't it gets rather overrun by tourists.

Where I'm from gate way to the isles great fish n chip beaut views mum works in a hotel where you can take your dog with you seal and whale watching trips seafari adventures loads more ....

Where I live pork pies Stilton cheese beautiful walks amazing old churches n ME lol

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

Brighton is always buzzing. It has a good, happy vibe to it.

Large open skies not polluted by street lights just moon and stars at dark and daylight endless miles of unbroken views a river close by with two lighthouses and a very quote road passing by

I've always loved Cambridge.... Great universities, the river and so much more......

Don't go shopping though..... Lol x

Well obviously Hever castle is very close to me, which is lovely, even nicer when your kids go to school next door and the free visits! Don't know what I'll do next year!!

Chartwell is up the road to, home of Winston Churchill, I really should go! Westerham has a magnificent statue of him too!

Edenbridge it's self is a bit like marmite, you either love it or hate it, you've got the people that have lived here all their lives with their short hair cuts and all look like lesbians or the folk that moved here (I did btw) that all have decent haircuts!

A few nice pubs, the old Eden is especially nice for food (hint )

It's actually not that bad, even the flight path to gatwick is rather nice!

"Well the best bit about Reading is the A329 road exiting the place

Nearby though we have Burnham Beeches, Runnymede, Virginia Water and Windsor Great Park which are lovely places to walk and get some fresh air.

We also have the ancient Roman settlement of Silchester nearby with the city walls and amphitheatre which is also a lovely place to explore on a crisp Autumnal day "

No, the best bit about Reading is that I live here

Liverpool is a good night out,

"Well the best bit about Reading is the A329 road exiting the place

We also have the ancient Roman settlement of Silchester nearby with the city walls and amphitheatre which is also a lovely place to explore on a crisp Autumnal day

No, the best bit about Reading is that I live here "

D'oh!! Schoolboy error!

[Removed by poster at 27/10/15 22:25:22]

Cornwall; Fowey, Porthleven, Mullion Cove - probably too much Daphne Du Maurier growing up.

I like Shrewsbury.

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

You were in York? And didn't say hi?

Ummmm....nope,can't think of one place to visit in my town. Drive straight through and don't stop is my advice.

There sound some amazing places out there chums

As for North Wales , we have castles , majestic mountains and beautiful beaches.

I am near Conwy and its my little bit of heaven on earth

Droylsden is a dump

Even the name is drab

However, The Moravian Church Settlement is lovely

Like stepping back in time 150 years

By *irtyGirlWoman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Edinburgh is fabulous. I love it here. I think the best thing about it for me is that the beach and the countryside are both close enough to the city that there's a place for every occasion. It has a nice vibe and lots of history and good architecture.

"There sound some amazing places out there chums

As for North Wales , we have castles , majestic mountains and beautiful beaches.

I am near Conwy and its my little bit of heaven on earth "

A bit further east

All of the above, AONB's as well as National Parks

Come visit the home of the Gold Cape

"There sound some amazing places out there chums

I am near Conwy and its my little bit of heaven on earth

A bit further east

All of the above, AONB's as well as National Parks

Come visit the home of the Gold Cape "

I went to see the Gold Cape in the British Museum. I used to live in Buckley as a boy and on our weekly visits to Kwicksave as it was used to pass the spot it was found . It was a major thrill

I went to Rhyl, in Wales, the beginning of July. Drove out to little places nearby and it was so peaceful and relaxing, seeing some of the older features. My favourite, where I spent a lot of time, was down by a waterfall, I'd never seen one for real before, so seeing one just felt refreshing and it was something different/nice to do.

"I went to Rhyl, in Wales, the beginning of July. Drove out to little places nearby and it was so peaceful and relaxing, seeing some of the older features. My favourite, where I spent a lot of time, was down by a waterfall, I'd never seen one for real before, so seeing one just felt refreshing and it was something different/nice to do. "

Glad you enjoyed your time here it is a beautiful and peaceful place.some amazing places off the beaten track . The pooch and I walk in many of them

"I went to Rhyl, in Wales, the beginning of July. Drove out to little places nearby and it was so peaceful and relaxing, seeing some of the older features. My favourite, where I spent a lot of time, was down by a waterfall, I'd never seen one for real before, so seeing one just felt refreshing and it was something different/nice to do.

Glad you enjoyed your time here it is a beautiful and peaceful place.some amazing places off the beaten track . The pooch and I walk in many of them "

I tend to go somewhere different each year, but this is a place I'd definitely go back to. Due to the sights and how cheap everything was, compared to popular seaside resorts.

By *oddyWoman  over a year ago

between havant and chichester

one way there is goodwood and the south downs

and other way there is the dockyard and iow

[Removed by poster at 27/10/15 22:51:20]

"Good evening Fabbers and Friends.

Gosh what a lovely few days . Took a trip up to York. What a beautiful and historic city. Heaps of history and interesting places to visit.

Home now and snuggled with Pooch , he too has been on his holidays with one of his best chum.

Have jolly fun chums , "

I love the area surrounding Buxton in Derbyshire ,the peak district ,lovely places to explore bakewell you may of heard the river Wye running through its heart ,I saw a guy I think trout fishing on the bridge in the town ,matlock ,king Solomon's tower ,kinder scout its well worth a visit

"Noplace! yes it's a place with a nice pub that has some great bands on n serve a nice pint the bearish mary"

ooops! Beamish!

"I went to Rhyl, in Wales, the beginning of July. Drove out to little places nearby and it was so peaceful and relaxing, seeing some of the older features. My favourite, where I spent a lot of time, was down by a waterfall, I'd never seen one for real before, so seeing one just felt refreshing and it was something different/nice to do.

Glad you enjoyed your time here it is a beautiful and peaceful place.some amazing places off the beaten track . The pooch and I walk in many of them

I tend to go somewhere different each year, but this is a place I'd definitely go back to. Due to the sights and how cheap everything was, compared to popular seaside resorts. "

Well if you come again I can give you a list of megga places to visit with beautiful views

I tend to go somewhere different each year, but this is a place I'd definitely go back to. Due to the sights and how cheap everything was, compared to popular seaside resorts.

Well if you come again I can give you a list of megga places to visit with beautiful views "

Oh thank you It's fitting everything in that seems to be the problem, would have liked to have done more when there, but that's the problem, there's never enough time.

Well if you come again I can give you a list of megga places to visit with beautiful views

Oh thank you It's fitting everything in that seems to be the problem, would have liked to have done more when there, but that's the problem, there's never enough time. "

Well if you do.come again. I will make a must see quicknquide

By *inaTitzTV/TS  over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

There isn't a great deal here that is spectacular apart from Titz Towers.

The view from the top of Sherwood pit tip is pretty good, but the view from the spoil heap in the desert is even better. Other than that, there isn't a lot, sadly.

By *callycatMan  over a year ago

Mid Wales

I live in mid Wales and the river Vyrnwy has been a big part of my life. It starts from the beautiful Lake Vyrnwy high in the hills here. I have swum in every pool, canoed down it, fished for salmon, skinny dipped many a summer, made love on its banks and collected driftwood for campfires with wine and friends...just gorgeous!...

By *ndykinkyMan  over a year ago

STOKE-ON-TRENT

Peak District, both the White and Dark Peaks and also the Staffordshire Moorlands including the Roaches and Luds Church .

By *izzy.Woman  over a year ago

Stoke area

The Peak District near me is gorgeous. Beautiful Lakes, rugged rock faces and pretty towns like Buxton , Bakewell, Matlock and Leek. Loads of National Trust Properties and Gardens.

"Droylsden is a dump

Even the name is drab

Like stepping back in time 150 years "

I went to school there.

Wakefield:- cultural hotspot with Yorkshire Sculpture Park (current home of the poppies) and The Hepworth.

Beautiful architecture if you know where to look. The town I live is full of Edgar wood houses especially.

Also gorgeous parks

"Beautiful architecture if you know where to look. The town I live is full of Edgar wood houses especially.

Also gorgeous parks "

Great museums and art galleries too

"Beautiful architecture if you know where to look. The town I live is full of Edgar wood houses especially.

Also gorgeous parks

Great museums and art galleries too "

Yes I'm going to two on Friday

Also gorgeous parks

Great museums and art galleries too

Yes I'm going to two on Friday "

Brilliant have a spiffing time

By *imiUKMan  over a year ago

Newbury

I live in the New Forest.

Its great if you like trees.

By *oachman 9CoolMan  over a year ago

derby

"Droylsden is a dump

Even the name is drab

Like stepping back in time 150 years "

yes not far from us we have a Moravian school which goes back to the 18th century, its not open to the Public thou unless you have kids go There, but it looks a nice period building from outside and along with The front garden too.

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

If it's not been mentioned, the Lincolnshire Wolds are an area of outstanding natural beauty.

And the deserted beaches are not far away.

By *oachman 9CoolMan  over a year ago

derby

"Good evening Fabbers and Friends.

Have jolly fun chums , I love the area surrounding Buxton in Derbyshire ,the peak district ,lovely places to explore bakewell you may of heard the river Wye running through its heart ,I saw a guy I think trout fishing on the bridge in the town ,matlock ,king Solomon's tower ,kinder scout its well worth a visit "

Went to Bakewell thee saturday before last, I was watching grayling in the river wye Along with trout, I originally went up To do a walk I know but thinking the Weather was going to change seeing some fret comeing off the moors, and Haveing no waterproofs decided to come Back to bakewell it is a beautiful area in the peak district and I,ve hardly seen any of it, I,m hopeing to see most of it one day later in life, Haddon hall I recommend going to, and Obviously chatsworth.

Isle of Lewis. Peace and quiet, empty roads, peat fires in the evening, relaxing good wholesome recreational deviant sex, historic landscape, mountains, magnificent sweeping beaches, good fishing, good people, air so clean and intoxicating, the list goes on.

By *iamondjoeMan  over a year ago

Glastonbury

I'll take you on a tour of Glastonbury.

Choose:

* all fill tourist BS

* the real history of the place

I cater for all tastes.

Also my hometown, farningham, lovely village but just up the road, brands hatch!

Or up the other road "Dartford", just google that or "swanley" for funny as fuck memes, the Jeremy Kyle capitals....don't get all pissy with me you one what I'm talking about kelvin with no teeth, three girlfriends and 346 kids!

By *eLuv2PlayCouple  over a year ago

Alpena

I live in the great lakes state, so beautiful beaches and water to see. Also gorgeous fall color this time of year.

I live in a village near Bourne Lincolnshire.

We have a pub but no shops

No street lights

But a red phone box

There is a green with a large oak tree in the middle with an old push bike propped against it

"If it's not been mentioned, the Lincolnshire Wolds are an area of outstanding natural beauty.

And the deserted beaches are not far away."

And of course. Lincolnshire. Home of the sausage

By *om and JennieCouple  over a year ago

Chams or Socials

"The Peak District near me is gorgeous. Beautiful Lakes, rugged rock faces and pretty towns like Buxton , Bakewell, Matlock and Leek. Loads of National Trust Properties and Gardens. "

I'm a bit further south. I live 2 miles from Shugborough & Cannock Chase & being very central have easy access to the rest of the UK.

By *he tactile technicianMan  over a year ago

the good lands, the bad lands, the any where you may want me lands

Goodness! what a splendid idea, to get everyone to put together their favourite parts of The Great British Countryside....are you watching Jonathan Dimbleby? I am sure there is a TV programme somewhere amongst the contributions.

For me, my favourites are pretty national. Britain has some amazing countryside, landscape, and seascape, whats more it isn't preoccupied with petty boundry fudalism currently....long may that persist, Yet the rush to increase and make more National Parks worrys me.

Anyhow, back to the main topic....

Having lived on the Snowdon massif for almost 20 years, the ruggedness of the Glyders, the deeply cut glaciated valleys such as the Llanberis Pass with the solitude that you can still be assured high up on the Castele of the Winds, the utter jaw dropping amazement of the Cantilever, all hold a special place for me... and,

Cornwall, the Pencarno peninsular, down to Lands End, Bosigran on the North Coast, St Gurnards Head, and Carn Gowla, near St Agnes....

and of course the Lake District. Napes Needle, and Wasdale head, the slate mines out the back of Conniston, and so forth.... and

The Peak, Stanage Edge and Gritstone Edge, the Roaches and Derwent water.... and Malham Cove in the Yorkshire Dales, with Goredale scar, and the many many gritstone outcrops like Ilkley.... and of course

the wide open expanse of Sutherland in the Northern Highlands of Scotland, the brilliance of the Scotish coastline with its cliffs and Sea Stacks, the mystery that man has made for himself around Glencoe. and not to forget the fabulous sailing of the West of Scotland.

Sort of a pointless reply I think since you're only up the road from me OP

By I'm on the Chester/North Wales border. I love where I live. Close enough to the city centre, (via park and ride obviously, because driving round Chester is a pain in the arse!)

But equally as close to some absurdly stunning Welsh countryside. I've moved around a lot but I will be staying here now!

I live just on the edgevof the Yorkshire Dales and it's beautiful. Driving up Wensleydale is so lovely.

"Sort of a pointless reply I think since you're only up the road from me OP

By I'm on the Chester/North Wales border. I love where I live. Close enough to the city centre, (via park and ride obviously, because driving round Chester is a pain in the arse!)

But equally as close to some absurdly stunning Welsh countryside. I've moved around a lot but I will be staying here now!"

Yes you live in a beautiful place , Chester is a fantastic city with lots to do.your not far from the Clwydian range, so if you ever fancy a walk pooch and I know some stunning places

But equally as close to some absurdly stunning Welsh countryside. I've moved around a lot but I will be staying here now!

Yes you live in a beautiful place , Chester is a fantastic city with lots to do.your not far from the Clwydian range, so if you ever fancy a walk pooch and I know some stunning places "

Jeez! Some impressive typos in that post! Oops!

I might take you up on that. Clwydian range is beautiful! Xx

Yes you live in a beautiful place , Chester is a fantastic city with lots to do.your not far from the Clwydian range, so if you ever fancy a walk pooch and I know some stunning places

I might take you up on that. Clwydian range is beautiful! Xx"

Maybe Taff and I should give you the grand tour

Or come along to the Chester zoo social in December

I might take you up on that. Clwydian range is beautiful! Xx

Maybe Taff and I should give you the grand tour

Or come along to the Chester zoo social in December "

I can't come to the zoo. Well I can, but I have kids. And of course it's my weekend to have them! poor timing haha! Xx

I might take you up on that. Clwydian range is beautiful! Xx"

well when ever your free Pooch and I make jolly walking chums and Dock too a jolly brilliant chap

Around me there is plenty to do and see.

Plymouth- The Hoe

Torquay- The Harbour/Beach

Exeter- The cathedral, The Quay, Museum

Exmouth- The Beach

Haworth.. What more to say, great scenery, history, brontes, railway children, steam train, nice walks, great pubs

Great people ?

By *educedWoman  over a year ago

Birmingham

Birmingham is a wonderful city. More trees than any other city in the country, more miles of canal than Venice and the largest park in Europe. People only see the Bullring (which has its merits) but there is Bournville Village (home to Cadbury's) the Lickey Hills, Sarehole Mill, Moseley Bog and Edgebaston Reservoir and it's water tower all of which inspired Tolkien's vision of Middle Earth. Oh and Spaghetti Junction.

"I've always loved Cambridge.... Great universities, the river and so much more......

Don't go shopping though..... Lol x"

Cambridge is lovely to go, just don't go in the summer as it is full, and I mean full, of tourists, also take the park and ride much simpler.

I like the shopping there

Also if there a trip out to Ely is nice too, the river, tearooms and cathedral are all lovely.

By *oward1978Man  over a year ago

Rotherham

Rotherham...an absolute shithole. Nothing to see here. The town centre's like a scene from a zombie movie. Hellish. Avoid it at all costs. Get yourself out of the town and there's some nice countryside and some quaint little villages though, but that's as good as it gets round these parts.

Not so much where I live now, rolling staffs countryside but when I was at uni in the Yorkshire sculpture park, beautiful wooded hill slopes leading to a lake. Plus all the Henry Moore you could ever want

» Add a new message to this topic