FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Stockings advice

Stockings advice

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *issy lou OP   Woman  over a year ago

Staffordshire Moorlands

I need to go into town to buy some stockings - any advice ladies on the best high street place to get them? Primark? M&S, BHS? I don't want to spend a fortune and haven't got time to order online. Thanks in advance

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I find m and s hold ups very good x

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Primark stockings are reasonably priced and in my experience wear just as well as Marks and Spencer's.

Staffordshire Moorlands

"Primark stockings are reasonably priced and in my experience wear just as well as Marks and Spencer's.

"

That's good to know....I was wondering if it was going to be 'false economy' getting them from Primark

"Primark stockings are reasonably priced and in my experience wear just as well as Marks and Spencer's.

"

I agree in fact I think they are better than most department stores.

By *enninemarkMan  over a year ago

huddersfield/manchester

So pleased to hear woman wanting to wear stockings...

I have never worn stockings and rarely hold ups in recent years but when i did wear hold ups the ones i found the best by a long long way were marks and sparks hold ups

Well worth the extra money and they look good and lasted well

"

I agree Primary are good but when shopping I find Sainsburys and Tesco are also good.

for fancy ones Ann Summers when they have a buy one get one half price.

By *ivemeyoursoulWoman  over a year ago

Easter just around the corner!

It's definitely worth trying Primark before you pay a fortune elsewhere. I get holdups from there for £2 which are pretty good,sometimes one can be looser than the other,but just buy 2 lots incase.

By *ivemeyoursoulWoman  over a year ago

Easter just around the corner!

"It's definitely worth trying Primark before you pay a fortune elsewhere. I get holdups from there for £2 which are pretty good,sometimes one can be looser than the other,but just buy 2 lots incase."

I did get stockings from there last week they only had one choice with the seam down the back.

I don't mind Primark stockings but the hold ups just don't work at all for me - my thighs are quite big and the band is never wide enough.

I'm not that keen on M&S ones for the same reason though, except a pair of opaque ones I bought that lasted me about 5 years but they don't make them any more

"

I agree and only £2 a pair!

Staffordshire Moorlands

To be honest, I don't really need them to be hard wearing or long lasting, they are to be worn when I meet my regular guy on Wednesday.....sooooo I think I may try Primark, then it doesn't matter if they get wrecked in the 'heat of the moment'!!

"It's definitely worth trying Primark before you pay a fortune elsewhere. I get holdups from there for £2 which are pretty good,sometimes one can be looser than the other,but just buy 2 lots incase.

I did get stockings from there last week they only had one choice with the seam down the back."

They have loads of different designs in my local primark

By *ilmiss75Woman  over a year ago

Thornton

I buy mine from eBay. Coz I've got big thighs and the high streets don't seem to accom for me. I did get a pair from primark tho recently in large/Xlarge and they seem OK. I also won't pay allot coz I always stick my pointy nails tight through them haha

By *r and mrs sanddancerCouple  over a year ago

BOLDON COLLIERY

"I find m and s hold ups very good x"

M and S aren't holdups their daylight robbery

M&S for me been a wearer of their stockings and hold ups for years. I also use Stockings HQ & UK Tights

C xx

Staffordshire Moorlands

"I buy mine from eBay. Coz I've got big thighs and the high streets don't seem to accom for me. I did get a pair from primark tho recently in large/Xlarge and they seem OK. I also won't pay allot coz I always stick my pointy nails tight through them haha "

I would usually go for eBay too, but as I need them for Wednesday morning chances are they won't get to me in time - so Primark it is

By *irtyGirlWoman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

I never find M&S have stockings when I've looked. I like fishnets and Ann Summers have been the best find. Lots of places do normal stockings or fishnet hold ups but fishnet stockings seem harder to come by.

I have a pair of M&S tights (long story and not remotely sexual). They're very warm and comfortable.

By *ilmiss75Woman  over a year ago

Thornton

"I have a pair of M&S tights (long story and not remotely sexual). They're very warm and comfortable."

Robbing banks?

"I have a pair of M&S tights (long story and not remotely sexual). They're very warm and comfortable.

Robbing banks? "

Nope...

By *tockingsnsuspenders1960Couple  over a year ago

somewhere in south yorks

Ladies you cannot wear stockings without suspenders,It's like chips with no fish lol!!. Hold ups are a no,no.

I love to see women in holdups and heels it seems to accentuate their legs particularly If they are shaved not their legs people !, in fact I have been known to wear them myself below my leathers when riding my Ducati....does that make a TV lol.

By *om and JennieCouple  over a year ago

Chams or Socials

I wore Asda neutral hold ups on Saturday - £4 for 2 pairs. Didn't expect much from them but they are the best I've ever bought

By *om and JennieCouple  over a year ago

Chams or Socials

"Ladies you cannot wear stockings without suspenders,It's like chips with no fish lol!!. Hold ups are a no,no. "

But suspenders can ruin the line of a dress

By *irtyGirlWoman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

"Ladies you cannot wear stockings without suspenders,It's like chips with no fish lol!!. Hold ups are a no,no. "

It's more to do with the fact that stocking wouldn't stay up without suspenders!

By *ensualcouple99Couple  over a year ago

Colchester

I tend to get mine in Tesco and not had any problems. But none of them are cheap given how long they last if you wear them on a meet.

Which online shops do you use maybe I should look to do that in future.

By *tockingsnsuspenders1960Couple  over a year ago

somewhere in south yorks

The suspenders just make it more erotic for me for some reason

"I need to go into town to buy some stockings - any advice ladies on the best high street place to get them? Primark? M&S, BHS? I don't want to spend a fortune and haven't got time to order online. Thanks in advance "

My lace stockings in my profile pics are from primark £5.00 x

» Add a new message to this topic