FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Tony Blair's Apology For Iraq War 'Mistakes'

Tony Blair's Apology For Iraq War 'Mistakes'

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

A bit fucking late !! After it put this country in financial shit & so many people lost loved onces. He should be locked up for this!!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

was the global recession his fault ?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

He was just a small cog in a big wheel

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

Maybe more lives would have been lost had he not intervened. It's easy to judge with hindsight.

"A bit fucking late !! After it put this country in financial shit & so many people lost loved onces. He should be locked up for this!!"

It didn't cause a financial crisis but it didn't help.

What the Iraq war did was destabilize the area and allowed ISIS and other groups to get a foothold. At least with Hussein in power there was some semblance of order, even if it was an oppressive regime.

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"Maybe more lives would have been lost had he not intervened. It's easy to judge with hindsight. "

Yes but I think we want the wrong way about. Right way when it comes down to oil.

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"was the global recession his fault ?"

I'm sure that it's ben agreed that everything was his fault. Any future bad stuff can also be attributed to Blaire too.

Cal

By *arry247Couple  over a year ago

Wakefield

Sounds like he is trying to smooth things over before the inquiry reveals all

I hate how people think it's ok to just apologise.

Reparation is needed as well.

"A bit fucking late !! After it put this country in financial shit & so many people lost loved onces. He should be locked up for this!!

What the Iraq war did was destabilize the area and allowed ISIS and other groups to get a foothold. At least with Hussein in power there was some semblance of order, even if it was an oppressive regime."

It seems to be a sad fact that if you leave the old tyrants in power that keeps some semblance of order!

I guess this is a lesson in, careful where you meddle!

"A bit fucking late !! After it put this country in financial shit & so many people lost loved onces. He should be locked up for this!!

What the Iraq war did was destabilize the area and allowed ISIS and other groups to get a foothold. At least with Hussein in power there was some semblance of order, even if it was an oppressive regime.

It seems to be a sad fact that if you leave the old tyrants in power that keeps some semblance of order!

I guess this is a lesson in, careful where you meddle! "

But we never learn...where doing the same thing in Syria ...and nothing ever gets said about Saudi Arabia...picking on the weak me thinks....and to blame Blair for the banking crisis lol...

"Sounds like he is trying to smooth things over before the inquiry reveals all"

Yeah, thought the same. Damage limitation prior to the Chilcot inquiry finally making its findings public is my guess.

It is amazing that he dragged us into an arguably illegal war over false intelligence - and all for what? So Saddam could be replaced by IS? He has admitted that the power vacuum left behind has played a part in the rise of IS. Remember the dossier about WMDs that Bush and Blair tried to convince everyone was good reason to go to war - even though this document was never made public?

The war has cost many lives, huge amounts of money and ultimately proved a massive waste of time and hugely counterproductive. Can anyone doubt that the rise of extremism has been largely down to the war in Iraq?

An apology is the very least Blair owes. And it is long overdue

[Removed by poster at 25/10/15 09:59:44]

"He was just a small cog in a big wheel"

Thanks, Tony!

» Add a new message to this topic