FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Snow

Snow

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

How is the snow affecting everyone?

I've been snowed in 3 days on the moors but if I can't get out then I'm not risking it only to get stuck on the roads, so sadly people will have to wait for their crimbo pressies sadly

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple  over a year ago

Bolton

"How is the snow affecting everyone?

I've been snowed in 3 days on the moors but if I can't get out then I'm not risking it only to get stuck on the roads, so sadly people will have to wait for their crimbo pressies sadly "

We're also a bit stuck, not worth taking the car out, just snug up and keep warm, Z

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

We have snow but the roads are clear

Started today at at about 11.00 and didn't stop till after 5.00 .. in my 50 years of being here, it's the, longest period of time that I've ever witnessed constant snow.

From having nothing this morning, we now have 8 - 10" and I'm loving every minute of it.

How's if affecting me ?? I have to wear my wellies whilst walking the dog - otherwise it's business as usual

Sadly we've had no salt for the roads and what we did have in the salt bins was nicked

Only had a couple of inches here and that has caused enough trouble with folk slipping and sliding about.

Wonder what the odds are for a white Christmas this year

Well I could not openly shop on fri or sat as I couldn't get out so lost 2 days trading

By *ercedes62Woman  over a year ago

Northampton

Check the forecast your in for a fair bit of snow early tomorrow am.

Mercedes x

By *acquiesubWoman  over a year ago

birmingham

would love it if we had enough to make a snow ball let alone a snow man or go sleighing..... but no such luck... yet everyone still seems to want to drive at 2 miles an hour!!!!!!!

"Only had a couple of inches here and that has caused enough trouble with folk slipping and sliding about.

Wonder what the odds are for a white Christmas this year "

I've never known a White xmas before as always lived in Cornwall

"Check the forecast your in for a fair bit of snow early tomorrow am.

Mercedes x"

looks like more, hazzards of living on the moors

drove from Truro to Swansea and back, today to collect our son from uni. M5 and M4 were ok.

Bodmin Moor, Dartmoor and Exmoor are a bit white though

We've had about 7" fall since Friday lunchtime.

We were supposed to be visiting friends in Telford this weekend to deliver my friends and Goddaughters Christmas presents and also to go out for a meal with the girls but sadly, although our car can handle the snow, the motorways were closed and the traffic was chaos. it took us 5 hours to do an 8 mile round trip (to the motorway and back!).

My Husbands van is currently stranded at my office, luckily in a secure private car park.

No doubt, as I'm an overhead, tomorrow morning will be spent clearing the driveway at work although I doubt many will make it in.

Oh and we're expecting more on Tuesday. Deep joy . Don't get me wrong, I love the snow, just not when I have to go to work and it ruins my weekend.

"We've had about 7" fall since Friday lunchtime.

We were supposed to be visiting friends in Telford this weekend to deliver my friends and Goddaughters Christmas presents and also to go out for a meal with the girls but sadly, although our car can handle the snow, the motorways were closed and the traffic was chaos. it took us 5 hours to do an 8 mile round trip (to the motorway and back!).

My Husbands van is currently stranded at my office, luckily in a secure private car park.

No doubt, as I'm an overhead, tomorrow morning will be spent clearing the driveway at work although I doubt many will make it in.

Oh and we're expecting more on Tuesday. Deep joy . Don't get me wrong, I love the snow, just not when I have to go to work and it ruins my weekend."

Mercedes x"

am in Nottingham tomozz what are the roads like there !!! going to the football academy !!!

"We've had about 7" fall since Friday lunchtime.

Oh and we're expecting more on Tuesday. Deep joy . Don't get me wrong, I love the snow, just not when I have to go to work and it ruins my weekend. "

indeed xx

"drove from Truro to Swansea and back, today to collect our son from uni. M5 and M4 were ok.

Bodmin Moor, Dartmoor and Exmoor are a bit white though "

that's where I am dartmoor, and we've had lots of snow

My dad said well when I was young we'd have 2 foot and all the school were open and all the roads, bless him he did have a fall in it yesterday but as I can't get out couldn't see to him, luck as it he's got fantastic neighbours

I used to live 6miles from Bodmin for acouple of years

I managed to go into town yesterday and today.

The road to work is a bus route, and it is clear as far as I am aware.

Therefore, I shall go to work tomorrow as normal.

Stay safe and be careful where you go everyone!

Ive driven to work the last two days and they not even done anything to our roads !

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

i'm gonna try and get into work tomorrow, bit worried of se f the beds so will set out extra early

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

i am hoping for another 6 inches overnight... that way i can claim not to be able to get into work tomorrow... lol

Were in Bodmin and it's mostly ice not snow, fell on my arse twice on way to work today!!

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple  over a year ago

Bolton

"i am hoping for another 6 inches overnight... that way i can claim not to be able to get into work tomorrow... lol"

I'm hoping for another 6" tonight myself! Z

By *ocketManUKMan  over a year ago

Cradley Heath

"

How's if affecting me ?? I have to wear my wellies whilst walking the dog - otherwise it's business as usual "

Me too!

By *ue care and attentionWoman  over a year ago

birmingham

I had about 8" but sadly only snow

i was out today clearing the paths for the old folks as one of them fall over yesterday and really hurt herself.

her face looked like she had been punched.

poor thing.

By *enithWoman  over a year ago

closer than you think

well I was supposed to fly to Washington US today to start a xmas and New Year cruise but all flights cancelled hopefully I can get to shops tomorrow to buy some food

"well I was supposed to fly to Washington US today to start a xmas and New Year cruise but all flights cancelled hopefully I can get to shops tomorrow to buy some food "

yeah im sorry to hear that zen. i was thinking about you as i was watching the weather radar.

By *mumaWoman  over a year ago

Livingston

"well I was supposed to fly to Washington US today to start a xmas and New Year cruise but all flights cancelled hopefully I can get to shops tomorrow to buy some food "

know how you feel, i was supposed to go to NZ and Oz a couple of weeks ago but the evil white stuff called a halt to that x

By *habsMan  over a year ago

Fortress of Solitude, Middlesex

Managed a scary nose out to explore the A40, M40, M25 and A406. The worst bit was getting down my hill as only 4x4's could get any grip, we got a sightseeing tour of abandoned cars all the way to J16 hitting the M25 then suddenly,... clear roads!

I'm supposed to be back at work tomorrow but despite work having the ability to set me up to work from home, they reckon they'll come get me if I can't get to work on time for 8.30am start (yeah right! Even the buses have been cancelled!)

Only problem is no one will be at work to get the message I can't get in till 8/8.15 meaning I'll be technically late (and expectedly bollocked) for being late.

Do I get up as normal and walk to work (45 mins with clear roads at best of times, yeah right!) or do I wait for work to ring and get the riot act later?

"Sod it - health and safety first!"

By *habsMan  over a year ago

Fortress of Solitude, Middlesex

If you get out, let me know how your roads are, I'll see if I can borrow a sled

Well it was my birthday weekend and it has been spent stuck indoors instead of out partying

Well woke up to yet more snow,so another day off and when your work for yourself its a bummer!

"Managed a scary nose out to explore the A40, M40, M25 and A406. The worst bit was getting down my hill as only 4x4's could get any grip, we got a sightseeing tour of abandoned cars all the way to J16 hitting the M25 then suddenly,... clear roads!

I'm supposed to be back at work tomorrow but despite work having the ability to set me up to work from home, they reckon they'll come get me if I can't get to work on time for 8.30am start (yeah right! Even the buses have been cancelled!)

Only problem is no one will be at work to get the message I can't get in till 8/8.15 meaning I'll be technically late (and expectedly bollocked) for being late.

Do I get up as normal and walk to work (45 mins with clear roads at best of times, yeah right!) or do I wait for work to ring and get the riot act later?

"Sod it - health and safety first!" "

Sod the riot act from work hun,if you can't get in you can't get in,simples

By *nvictusMan  over a year ago

Beeston

Mercedes x

am in Nottingham tomozz what are the roads like there !!! going to the football academy !!!"

Clear at the moment as the snow has yet to arrive, just the odd patch of ice about.

YES ! AND MORE ON THE WAY . !not good , i been out all night gritting ,and running low on salt ,told this morning JUST MOTORWAYS ! soon ,we are in a mess , my girl in blacpool , wonder if they would notice if i took a detour to BLACKPOOL in the gritter ,lol FRANKIE XX

"i was out today clearing the paths for the old folks as one of them fall over yesterday and really hurt herself.

her face looked like she had been punched.

poor thing."

you lovely man xxx thats shows me what a good heart you have thinking off others not just yourself xxx kisses xx xxx

Because we dont see snow like this and ice alot we cant cope thing go mad ..... where is the English sprit ..... we can cope and WE WILL , LOL X just have to put shagging on hold x and get the water bottles out. And feed the birds and look after others who cant look after them selfs .

English ?

By *r-MissCouple  over a year ago

Derbyshire

No snow here either, just very cold and frosty, which means we still have 4 days left at work before we can break up for christmas

I live on a hill. I've not heard a car go pass my house in two days. It takes me, on a bad day 10 minutes to walk to the sorting office. My parcels have not been delivered because the vans can't make it up the hill. My ex-husband is buying my last minute bits and pieces and the girls will get the rest as I wont even attempt to go outside - I won't even put out the rubbish!!!

You could understand if I lived in a rural area, but I'm seven minutes off one of London's main roads the South Circular!!!

» Add a new message to this topic