FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > The cheek of it !

The cheek of it !

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Ok so I have a long profile, it has evolved over the past 10 months I have been on site, adding bits here and there tying to make sure I only get the type of person I'm looking for (although it never works) but just received this message from a guy

"You ever try writing books"

This coming from someone who doesn't even have a one liner profile, just blank

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *uro anchorMan  over a year ago

Coventry

"Ok so I have a long profile, it has evolved over the past 10 months I have been on site, adding bits here and there tying to make sure I only get the type of person I'm looking for (although it never works) but just received this message from a guy

This coming from someone who doesn't even have a one liner profile, just blank"

it is a bit long but thats up to u x

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Ok so I have a long profile, it has evolved over the past 10 months I have been on site, adding bits here and there tying to make sure I only get the type of person I'm looking for (although it never works) but just received this message from a guy

LOL ...... awwwwwwww I like men with a sense of humour.

LOL ...... awwwwwwww I like men with a sense of humour. "

Do Ya???

Some are long some are short...all good though.Err...

By *ex.IncCouple  over a year ago

Castleford

Not nearly as long as another one ive seen at all.

For that you need patience and a good free hour.

You can't win I'm afraid. You try and help them by being as specific as you can regarding the type of person YOU'RE looking for to save THEIR time in contacting you.

They then send you a message, being the polar opposite of what you're looking for, you delete without contacting them and they start threads on forums about sending well crafted messages and rude people delete!!!

Do Ya??? "

Oh yes ....it's a major requisite for me.

"...tying to make sure I only get the type of person I'm looking for (although it never works) but...

"

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein.

Most people will read at most 2 paragraphs before staying or leaving a profile. In fact a lot of text can leave a feeling of been overwhelmed.

Same for web pages in general, most people make a decision to stay or leave it between 3 and 7 seconds.

I learn lots of useful stuff doing web development (amongst many other things!)

You know if you stop banging your head against a brick wall, it stops hurting!

Just a small point, which I guess, is hardly worth mentioning, but I’ll do it anyway…. And no doubt I’ll be corrected if I’m wrong about this,…..

But don’t non site supporters view other members profile pages with a of panel tabs and adverts down each of the margins of the screen, thus requiring the textural body of the profile to be laid out in a elongated format unlike the ones viewed by those of us who are site supporters…

So perhaps this presents an illusion that a long profile may look even longer…

Hey,,,, it was just a thought,,,, and I did say its hardly worth mentioning….. OMG……Its not like I’ve robbed time from you that would have been doing something else instead…… jeeeezzzzzz

Now, now Soxy, don't be defensive!

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"Just a small point, which I guess, is hardly worth mentioning, but I’ll do it anyway…. And no doubt I’ll be corrected if I’m wrong about this,…..

But don’t non site supporters view other members profile pages with a of panel tabs and adverts down each of the margins of the screen, thus requiring the textural body of the profile to be laid out in a elongated format unlike the ones viewed by those of us who are site supporters…

So perhaps this presents an illusion that a long profile may look even longer…

Hey,,,, it was just a thought,,,, and I did say its hardly worth mentioning….. OMG……Its not like I’ve robbed time from you that would have been doing something else instead…… jeeeezzzzzz

"

You're right on that one

Do Ya???

Oh yes ....it's a major requisite for me.

"

Im buggered then xx

"Now, now Soxy, don't be defensive!"

Haha,,,,Testarossa, you saw straight through my ill attempted pre-barricading….. well in my defence,,, I’m feeling a tad delicate today,,,,, as its was a very long night, last night…. and I’m trying my hardest to preserve that contented feeling,,,,, as ya do….. !!!!,,,

well, if he hasn't got time to read your profile...he hasn't got time for anything else.

it's your profile and as far as i know, there's no word limit

"well, if he hasn't got time to read your profile...he hasn't got time for anything else.

it's your profile and as far as i know, there's no word limit"

Patience is, indeed, a virtue

I think your profile is great,you say it as it is,better then the one liners I have seen. I have a longish profile with rules that no one bothers reading though sadly,have to keep pointing them back to it when they ask me is I use MSN, it states on my profile I do not! I do prefer a long profile but thats just me.

The person who said that about books,I bet hes never read one in his life

"

The person who said that about books,I bet hes never read one in his life "

...awww, be fair, least he could spell it

Never had such problem with mine, in fact, I usually get messages to say how much they have enjoyed reading my War and Peace, and how certain parts of it made them laugh!

It is your profile and it is up to you what you put in it, its an expression of yourself and the type of person you are and what you are looking for.

I must admit on first glance of a very long profile it can be offputting, but then if they want to meet you, then you are worth the time it takes them to read it.

Sometimes we can put what we are looking for but the best people Ive met are spontaneous and dont tick all my boxes on paper. That is why our profile is just a synopsis, whereas our messages to potential meets will be more detailed. Very long profiles with "I want this, I dont like that, you must be this" can be offputting, but in our case, we are a couple and therefore its safer I feel. If I didnt like a guy,then I would just whisper to my partner and we would decline to go further. A single lady does need to be a bit more careful because she is on her own, so she needs to vet more thoroughly Id imagine.

Its your profile, you feel comfortable with it, they can read it and message or just leave it

Like a long one mesel

» Add a new message to this topic