FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > had car crash on the ice

had car crash on the ice

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *abysara OP   Woman  over a year ago

swindon

2 weeks ago but got to go out again but how do i get over the fear of driving in this weather,b4 did not worry me,the car was . a right off and ive had a bad back since.i know its silly but know got my mums car so even more of a worry

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *andKCouple  over a year ago

Norfolk

"2 weeks ago but got to go out again but how do i get over the fear of driving in this weather,b4 did not worry me,the car was . a right off and ive had a bad back since.i know its silly but know got my mums car so even more of a worry"

As the saying goes 'you just have to get back on the horse' just take care, leave a little extra space and remember every other driver is an idiot and treat them as such.

xx

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

dont do it till your ready a nervous driver is an unsafe driver wait till weathers better. Ps dont go in the car alone have someone with you.

Its not that easy sometimes ta get over a fear like this

Just try and go through ya mind with it when it happened and how

Then slowly try and see why it did and what you can do to avoid a repeat

After all its only the few seconds of it going wrong that caused the accident and before that everything was ok

So that's perhaps a way ta see it

I accidentally pulled out on a car over 20 years ago

I was at a junction and he was coming along indicating he was turning so i pulled out

Only ta find he wasn't turning just left his indicator on

So even today i wait until im sure they are turning before pulling out xx

"Its not that easy sometimes ta get over a fear like this

After all its only the few seconds of it going wrong that caused the accident and before that everything was ok

I was at a junction and he was coming along indicating he was turning so i pulled out

So even today i wait until im sure they are turning before pulling out xx "

Which is part of the highway code in the first place.... pfffffft

By *adcowWoman  over a year ago

kirkcaldy

i had a car hit me from behind a few weeks ago too, it was a week before i felt physically fit to drive. since then i have just left a bit extra space between cars, be more vigilant about other drivers and always drive to the conditions not speed limits. leave a bit more time for journeys so if you do have a panic attack you can just pull over till it passes.

good luck hun xx

Weather is the worst for a lifetime.

Is your journey really necessary ?

Why can't you walk ? Taxi ? Bus ?

If you HAVE to go in a car. If it IS life or death. IF there is nothing for it like it's illness or a real major life issue then drive.

If not ...don't. xx

By *eighleedsMan  over a year ago

leeds

phone arind the local driving instructors see if any offers a lesson in how to drive safely in these conditions,

obviously you will have to pay, but could be money well spent, and it is nt something that is covered in the normal lessons and test

P.S A~ meet is not a good enough reason to chance it - no matter how big your horn.. get your wand out !

"Its not that easy sometimes ta get over a fear like this

So even today i wait until im sure they are turning before pulling out xx

Which is part of the highway code in the first place.... pfffffft "

Err i was a kid lol and had only been drivin a month pmsl ya learns by ya mistakes lol

Thing with that one is i was on my own the other driver didnt want the police called and i realised a short time after i had got over the shock why ......... cause he was pissed so inexperience cost me a lot xx

You're still a kid Soapy ! xx

I live on a pretty tight junction where a busy main road crosses a smaller road.

Drivers get mad at me but I smile.

Im sitting waiting to do a right and they stop short of the junction and flash for me to go first.

I sit tight.

They flash. I sit tight.

They flash and flash and gesticulate and rage.

I sit tight.

They finish their manouvre in a temper and when they've done that it gives me clear vision of oncoming traffic and I go on my way.

Why do other people try to drive my car? I just wish the silly buggers would turn the corner and let me drive it.

By *eighleedsMan  over a year ago

leeds

"i had a car hit me from behind a few weeks ago too, it was a week before i felt physically fit to drive. since then i have just left a bit extra space between cars, be more vigilant about other drivers and always drive to the conditions not speed limits. leave a bit more time for journeys so if you do have a panic attack you can just pull over till it passes.

good luck hun xx"

got to agree with this, one of my employees 2 weeks ago managed to roll a transit van on a slip road onto to the M62, police report says she was not breaking the speed limit, but..

and i believe the but is to fast for the road condition,,,

Van is a write off, dont care too much about that insurance will cover that, driver is ok but battered, bruised and was in shock.

By *ex.IncCouple  over a year ago

Castleford

This is it, you can replace a vehicle but you cant replace lives.

"dont do it till your ready a nervous driver is an unsafe driver wait till weathers better. Ps dont go in the car alone have someone with you."

Agreed...good advice.

Bloody women drivers!

Only kidding...

As someone said,get back on the horse.Another good tip was to see if there are any instructors out there who give lessons on driving in these weather conditions.Maybe an advanced driving course-it might bring down the cost of your insurance also if you pass one...

Sorry. Shouldn't be here. Thought it was about a new Saturday TV Show with Jeremy Clarkson, Phillip Schofield and Torville & Dean - 'Had A Car Crash On Ice'.

I'll get me coat!!!

By *abysara OP   Woman  over a year ago

swindon

thanks for all the good advise i got a m8 out last nite to sit with me twas ok and drove hir car today ready 4 work wish you all a safe xmas

» Add a new message to this topic