FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Trophy hunting

Trophy hunting

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *isscheekychops OP   Woman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

I really can't get out of my head the murdering of that lion by an American dentist...I just think the whole thorphy killing is so wrong...

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I agree. Like killing elephants for ivory and sharks for fins and lots of others because they destroy crops etc. It's their world not ours.

I'm a hunter but I despise trophy hunting, it goes against everything I was taught about hunting (as does Fox hunting).

You hunt for food not trophies. If you want a trophy go to a range and test your skill on a paper or steel target not an animal.

"I agree. Like killing elephants for ivory and sharks for fins and lots of others because they destroy crops etc. It's their world not ours. "

WTF did that lion ever do to that dentist and the Zimbabweian govt should be ashamed of themselves for allowing lions to be bred to be killed...

Poor Cecil. His life ended by a sick fuck because he had enough money to simply pay to kill a magnificent creature for no real reason. I can't get my head round killing for simple sport.

By *aneandpaulCouple  over a year ago

cleveleys

There was no body worse than our Queen for doing it in the early 50,s she was a very big game hunter

By *bi HaiveMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

"I agree. Like killing elephants for ivory and sharks for fins and lots of others because they destroy crops etc. It's their world not ours.

WTF did that lion ever do to that dentist and the Zimbabweian govt should be ashamed of themselves for allowing lions to be bred to be killed..."

Just seen this on the news - apparently it was poaching.

The twat yank paid $50k via a local guide and professional hunter - who have bothe been arrested. The lion wasn't bred for hunting - Cecil was part of a conservation study.

Personally I think the twat dentist should be given a free tour of the conservation park.

Without a guide. Or clothes. Covered in bacon. Starting somewhere near where the lions hang out.

A

I've just read that they think it took 14hrs for Cecil to die. Another big no-no, a proper hunter ensures a clean kill with little or no suffering.

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

Apparently the lion that takes over the pride is likely to kill the cubs fathered by Cecil as well

This kind of thing makes me want to be violent towards other humans. Very little does, but animal cruelty is second on my list.

Absolutely shocking! people that spend money to murder majestic animals like that are just cunts. I'm so ashamed to be a Zimbabwean today

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

Merseyside

Are you all veggie ? Is it just wildlife being killed that makes you boil ?

"Absolutely shocking! people that spend money to murder majestic animals like that are just cunts. I'm so ashamed to be a Zimbabwean today "

No need. Be outraged but no need for shame.

By *ch WellMan  over a year ago

Scotland

As abhorrent as the act was, the media frenzy in this country of an american killing a lion in Africa has got a bit much

Merseyside

"As abhorrent as the act was, the media frenzy in this country of an american killing a lion in Africa has got a bit much"

Smokescreens. Something big will pass the fan soon.... you watch.

"I've just read that they think it took 14hrs for Cecil to die. Another big no-no, a proper hunter ensures a clean kill with little or no suffering.

"

"Are you all veggie ? Is it just wildlife being killed that makes you boil ?"

Being vegetarian has little to do with it as lions aren't generally killed for their meat. It a total waste of life and a pointless kill just for the sake of being able to say you've killed a lion.

Trophy hunters are just bloodthirsty arrseholes in my opinion.

Merseyside

"Are you all veggie ? Is it just wildlife being killed that makes you boil ?

Being vegetarian has little to do with it as lions aren't generally killed for their meat. It a total waste of life and a pointless kill just for the sake of being able to say you've killed a lion.

Trophy hunters are just bloodthirsty arrseholes in my opinion."

I asked if posters were veggie.

I didn't equate the killing of a lion to vegetariansim.

You've done 2 add 2 is 5.

Trophy hunters are just bloodthirsty arrseholes in my opinion.

I asked if posters were veggie.

I didn't equate the killing of a lion to vegetariansim.

You've done 2 add 2 is 5."

No, I answered your question. I could have asked what the point of you asking if people were vegetarian was.

"As abhorrent as the act was, the media frenzy in this country of an american killing a lion in Africa has got a bit much

Smokescreens. Something big will pass the fan soon.... you watch."

Not sure it's a big enough story to be used as a smokescreen to be fair. As horrid as it is, I think hunting for sport is vile, and as much as Ricky Gervais's twitter will go into meltdown it will go away.

Merseyside

Nope Mr. Who.

I asked two questions.

1. Are you veggie ?

2. Is it just wildlife being killed that you objec to ?

You answered neither.

You dismissed the questions totally and said something else.

Merseyside

"As abhorrent as the act was, the media frenzy in this country of an american killing a lion in Africa has got a bit much

Smokescreens. Something big will pass the fan soon.... you watch.

Not sure it's a big enough story to be used as a smokescreen to be fair. As horrid as it is, I think hunting for sport is vile, and as much as Ricky Gervais's twitter will go into meltdown it will go away. "

Sadly, I think you're right.

"Nope Mr. Who.

I asked two questions.

1. Are you veggie ?

You answered neither.

"

Ok...

1) No, I'm not a vegetarian - I still think the question is stupid and bares zero relevance to the thread but I'll humour you.

2)No, it's not just the needless slaughter of wildlife that I object to buy being as this thread is about the needless slaughter of an animal I voiced my opinion.

"Poor Cecil. His life ended by a sick fuck because he had enough money to simply pay to kill a magnificent creature for no real reason. I can't get my head round killing for simple sport.

"

It is really sick. And there is a whole industry around this sort of thing. The media is making a big deal of this one instance, but there are actually entire companies set up for the very rich to pay to kill endangered species and large animals. It is disgraceful.

-Courtney

By *ythenshawefredMan  over a year ago

stockport

I've no problem with these people trophy hunting or killing for fins/ivory in fact I say go for it all you like, just one rule and that is you have to use the same weapons as the beast

That way when I see somebody has swam out and bitten a shark, mauled a lion with their bare hands or trampled an elephant I really will respect their right to claim it as a trophy

By *iscomanMan  over a year ago

Solihull

Should hate to be one of his patients

If he has a bad day

As said before dentists, lawyers are all overpaid!!!!!!!!

Bet the tour guide does not live in a mud hut

I am a veggie, yes (and no it isn't just the killing of wildlife that makes me boil). But I don't see the relevance of this question to the thread...I see no reason why someone who eats meat, and thinks it is OK to kill animals for food could not simultaneously object to the killing of non-threatening wildlife for sport. They are two separate issues really.

-Courtney

By *irtyGirlWoman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

I'm not a veggie.

Hunting for food that you're going to eat I generally have no issues with.

Hunting for sport is not something I approve of.

I quite like the new thing they brought out, painting elephant tusks pink, harmless to them but useless in terms of selling the ivory.

There just isn't any need. I really hope that Mr dentist has the book thrown at him. Unnecessary and irresponsible and yes, he did make my blood boil.

Merseyside

"Nope Mr. Who.

I asked two questions.

1. Are you veggie ?

You answered neither.

Ok...

1) No, I'm not a vegetarian - I still think the question is stupid and bares zero relevance to the thread but I'll humour you.

2)No, it's not just the needless slaughter of wildlife that I object to buy being as this thread is about the needless slaughter of an animal I voiced my opinion."

Thanks for humouring me. Nothing like a bit of condescension for oiling the wheels of discussion ...

For me the question was relevant. It is all part of the slaughter of animals not just wildlife.

I was wondering how the life of one lion musters such feeling when billions of animals never see daylight and are reared simply for slaughter.

A far worse existence for them.

The 'necessary for food' argument doesn't cut it as an explanation for the conditions they live and die in.

By *empting Devil.Woman  over a year ago

Sheffield

"I really can't get out of my head the murdering of that lion by an American dentist...I just think the whole thorphy killing is so wrong... "

And the guy didn't even kill it!

It had to be shot 14 hours later because the crossbow bolt the dentist used wasn't fatal.

They did however behead and skin it so he'd have his trophy...

Then they attempted to destroy the tracking collar he had on as part of the conservancy programme.

Merseyside

I am a veggie, yes (and no it isn't just the killing of wildlife that makes me boil). But I don't see the relevance of this question to the thread...I see no reason why someone who eats meat, and thinks it is OK to kill animals for food could not simultaneously object to the killing of non-threatening wildlife for sport. They are two separate issues really.

-Courtney "

I object to the killing of the lion.

Smokescreens. Something big will pass the fan soon.... you watch."

"Nope Mr. Who.

I asked two questions.

1. Are you veggie ?

You answered neither.

Ok...

2)No, it's not just the needless slaughter of wildlife that I object to buy being as this thread is about the needless slaughter of an animal I voiced my opinion.

Thanks for humouring me. Nothing like a bit of condescension for oiling the wheels of discussion ...

For me the question was relevant. It is all part of the slaughter of animals not just wildlife.

I was wondering how the life of one lion musters such feeling when billions of animals never see daylight and are reared simply for slaughter.

The 'necessary for food' argument doesn't cut it as an explanation for the conditions they live and die in. "

That's a whole different argument that bares little relevence to this thread.

Farmed animals, in this country at least, are cared for very well and usually slaughtered in reasonably humane conditions (with a few religious exceptions which is another argument altogether).

By *arlock69Man  over a year ago

Batley... (near Leeds)

If you want to hunt big game do it bare handed, that lion didn't have a gun!!!...This is another false flag (smoke screen)...if they can find sadam hussian in a hole they can find a trigger happy dentist!!

By *oxiAnneWoman  over a year ago

Not on a Hot Gin Roof :/

"Nope Mr. Who.

I asked two questions.

1. Are you veggie ?

You answered neither.

Ok...

The 'necessary for food' argument doesn't cut it as an explanation for the conditions they live and die in. "

I think it's a combination of things that makes what has happened to Cecil abhorrent.

Money can buy the 'trophy experience'

He took a long time to die in pain.

Skinned & decapitated

Part of a conservation programme

And had a name ffs.

I can't write as articulatey as others but they are my reasons.

"I really can't get out of my head the murdering of that lion by an American dentist...I just think the whole thorphy killing is so wrong...

And the guy didn't even kill it!

It had to be shot 14 hours later because the crossbow bolt the dentist used wasn't fatal.

They did however behead and skin it so he'd have his trophy...

Then they attempted to destroy the tracking collar he had on as part of the conservancy programme."

Part of the reason bow hunting is illegal in this country, they rarely kill cleanly.

Merseyside

"Nope Mr. Who.

I asked two questions.

1. Are you veggie ?

You answered neither.

Ok...

The 'necessary for food' argument doesn't cut it as an explanation for the conditions they live and die in.

That's a whole different argument that bares little relevence to this thread.

Farmed animals, in this country at least, are cared for very well and usually slaughtered in reasonably humane conditions (with a few religious exceptions which is another argument altogether)."

I contributed my thoughts to the thread. It has relevance.

You don't have to be able to follow it for it to be relevant.

Thanks for answering the question.

By *othingButCocoChanelWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

"This kind of thing makes me want to be violent towards other humans. Very little does, but animal cruelty is second on my list."

Me too although animal cruelty is top for me

Glasgow

Im veggie due to this

I'm not a vegetarian,I eat the crap meat bred solely for the purpose of feeding humans. He has done something illegal,and illegal for a reason, and he will be rightly punished. I've seen practices by meat farmers that are inhumane that should,and may have,lead to prosecution. We can only report what we see to be wrong,the same as on here,and hope it's dealt with appropriately.

My take on this is that animals should only be killed if they are sick and have no or little chance of a good quality of life because of sickness or injury, if they are causing harm, danger or damage to people or property (ie rabbits, the damage they can cause is unbelievable), or for food, my belief is that if you kill an animal for food, you use as much as is possible of the animal, and let nithing go to waste.

So knowing that you can imagine my disgust at this guy hunting a magnificent animal for fun, £50k to be an arsehole? It's disgusting, I hope someone hunts him

Glasgow

"I'm not a vegetarian,I eat the crap meat bred solely for the purpose of feeding humans. He has done something illegal,and illegal for a reason, and he will be rightly punished. I've seen practices by meat farmers that are inhumane that should,and may have,lead to prosecution. We can only report what we see to be wrong,the same as on here,and hope it's dealt with appropriately. "

Crap meat - how dare you refer to another life in these terms

Glasgow

"My take on this is that animals should only be killed if they are sick and have no or little chance of a good quality of life because of sickness or injury, if they are causing harm, danger or damage to people or property (ie rabbits, the damage they can cause is unbelievable), or for food, my belief is that if you kill an animal for food, you use as much as is possible of the animal, and let nithing go to waste.

So knowing that you can imagine my disgust at this guy hunting a magnificent animal for fun, £50k to be an arsehole? It's disgusting, I hope someone hunts him"

Funny that as i believe no one should lose their life in order for me to have a snack, no wonder prefer animals to humans, heartless b........s

"I'm not a vegetarian,I eat the crap meat bred solely for the purpose of feeding humans. He has done something illegal,and illegal for a reason, and he will be rightly punished. I've seen practices by meat farmers that are inhumane that should,and may have,lead to prosecution. We can only report what we see to be wrong,the same as on here,and hope it's dealt with appropriately.

Crap meat - how dare you refer to another life in these terms "

I took it more as a reference to how the meat is prepared, hung and packaged rather than it being 'crap'.

By *layfull pairingCouple  over a year ago

Bristol

Id expect nothing less from a dentist...they are all vicious, mean sods

Maybe people of the world should raise some money to shoot him see how he likes it.

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan  over a year ago

here

More outrage and media frenzy as the animal has a name

"I really can't get out of my head the murdering of that lion by an American dentist...I just think the whole thorphy killing is so wrong... "

dont get me started I've been ranting about this all day at work

By *arry247Couple  over a year ago

Wakefield

-Courtney

"

Do you also object to the suffocating of thousands of fish, including the ones that are thrown away so that people can eat fish & chips?

At the risk of being irrelevant

As magnificent and handsome a beast as Cecil was ( takes one to know one n all that) and deplorable conduct by the Dentist certainly, i can understand the Zimbabweans having to earn a living, what is news about trigger happy Yanks killing living things?

How many people on this thread, quite rightly pro-Lion imo, nevertheless supported poodle Blairs warmongering efforts to assist the Yanks and their trigger happiness. Ok, not trophy hunting as such but killing all the same. Including green on green (is that the expression?)

When did the Yanks last engage anyone in a fair fight?

-Courtney

Do you also object to the suffocating of thousands of fish, including the ones that are thrown away so that people can eat fish & chips?

"

I do, they should batter and fry the little 'uns and offer them in plaice (lol) of scraps.

By *estat069Couple  over a year ago

Stockport

Perhaps a pay per view reserve where he and his ilk can be hunted for sport. Something similar to the film Predators !!?

"

At the risk of being irrelevant

As magnificent and handsome a beast as Cecil was ( takes one to know one n all that) and deplorable conduct by the Dentist certainly, i can understand the Zimbabweans having to earn a living, what is news about trigger happy Yanks killing living things?

How many people on this thread, quite rightly pro-Lion imo, nevertheless supported poodle Blairs warmongering efforts to assist the Yanks and their trigger happiness. Ok, not trophy hunting as such but killing all the same. Including green on green (is that the expression?)

When did the Yanks last engage anyone in a fair fight?

"

It's blue on blue.

The point about a fair fight is laughable for a couple of paradoxical reasons.

1) they're a military superpower, their might should really be enough to deter most.

2) they're (as are many) bound by the terms of the Geneva convention which is why we're useless against our current enemies who aren't.

yes its wrong why could he no just take a pic why a life ..

By *ildt123Man  over a year ago

Huddersfield

The Lion took 40 hours to die not 14, it took that long to track it after that low life scum bag injured it with his bow and arrow, then they shot it, his Cubs will be killed when a new makes assumes dominance now most likely.

The Zimbabweans have been arrested and face 15 years in jail, they should extradite the dentist piece of shit, 15 years in a Zimbabwe jail should man him up a treat

He's in hiding bleating about how he didn't know it was illegal, cowardly scumbag! He has form too, 12 months probation for illegal kill of a bear and lying to authorities about it, he has pictures of other kills including lion, leopard and Rhino. Must be to compensate for a tiny cock and erectile dysfunction, love the wrap him in bacon and release him to the wild idea , I'd pay to watch that!

"My take on this is that animals should only be killed if they are sick and have no or little chance of a good quality of life because of sickness or injury, if they are causing harm, danger or damage to people or property (ie rabbits, the damage they can cause is unbelievable), or for food, my belief is that if you kill an animal for food, you use as much as is possible of the animal, and let nithing go to waste.

So knowing that you can imagine my disgust at this guy hunting a magnificent animal for fun, £50k to be an arsehole? It's disgusting, I hope someone hunts him

Funny that as i believe no one should lose their life in order for me to have a snack, no wonder prefer animals to humans, heartless b........s"

I'm a carnivore, do you think lions live on quorn sausage? I eat meat, as nature intended, all I am saying is that as a meat eater I care about the welfare of the animal, and I feel I owe it to that animal to not let any of it if possible go to waste

There was no reason other than a glory kill as to why he killed that lion. I'm not sure what killing a lion has to do with people going to war though...

[Removed by poster at 29/07/15 18:33:52]

» Add a new message to this topic