FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > legal question

legal question

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *el65 OP   Man  over a year ago

paisley

hi everyone , im wondering if anyone on here ever been awarded court costs?

I won a case against the cps last year and was awarded my costs , I have been trying to get them but no joy, is there a time limit ? any advice would be great

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Not sure if you will get legal advice in here best speak to your solicitor. I won something on appeal after a year and once the Judge/court said yes it took about 6 to 8 weeks after to get paid if that helps x

Have you asked the Court for procedural (NOT legal) advice , and/or leaflets setting out your options.

Were the amount of costs agreed at the time?

Can't see why there would be a time limit on the Court award of costs.

"hi everyone , im wondering if anyone on here ever been awarded court costs?

I won a case against the cps last year and was awarded my costs , I have been trying to get them but no joy, is there a time limit ? any advice would be great "

In which court were you awarded these costs?

By *om and JennieCouple  over a year ago

Chams or Socials

I won a case against the cps last year and was awarded my costs , I have been trying to get them but no joy, is there a time limit ? any advice would be great "

Scottish Law is different to English Law. Who have you contacted so far?

paisley

it was county court, it was a driving offence,i have asked the soliciter and they said it takes time , just worried it time lapses and I lose my money,

paisley

I won a case against the cps last year and was awarded my costs , I have been trying to get them but no joy, is there a time limit ? any advice would be great

Scottish Law is different to English Law. Who have you contacted so far? "

it was a London court I had to appear in was awarded travel,legal and accom costs as well as time lost at work

Contact your local CAB if you have one.

I had a similar thing with North Wales Traffic Gestapo.

They tried to do me for speeding but I could prove I wasn't there.

They took it all the way to court and in addition to the usual double fine and six instead of three points they were also claiming an additional sixty quid in costs for back and forth letters etc.

They withdrew their case two minutes before due to be heard. I hadn't turned up as had previously spoken to Clerk of court who said it would be thrown out as they had my evidence already.

Anyway I then wrote to the plod asking for sixty quid for my "expenses" in swapping letters....same as they had wanted so seemed fair.

They said no. I went through small claims/county court and won.

They didn't pay. So I got back to court and they sent the bailiffs in to North Wales Traffic HQ in Colwyn Bay. They only paid up when bailiffs threatened to take furniture from their offices..... I would have so loved to have been there.....but I got my sixty quid!

By *inaTitzTV/TS  over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

I'd love to see their faces if the Bailiffs get sent in and start carting stuff out, cue, chap on phone having to lift it off of desk, as two burly chaps start walking off to the door...

paisley

thanks everyone ,

Hi

I wont go into specifics but know about this.

Ordinarily should you succeed at trial etc then costs will be ordered to be paid in your favour. Depending on the size of the matter, you may get full costs immediately in which case the Court order should read payable within

14/21/28 days.

If the matter is bigger then the costs maybe subject to agreement between the parties or failing that to be assessed by a costs court. With this route the solicitor will get a bill drawn up and send to the other side to initially try to agree failing which you will go to a costs assessment.

If the scenario is that they are just ignoring you, please advise as this is different.

I hope that helps

By *aramelMINXWoman  over a year ago

West Yorkshire

I claimed in small claims court

As I won, they pad to pay me within 14 days and pay court costs. Of they dnt pay you go back to the courts they issue a Warrent then

"it was county court, it was a driving offence,i have asked the soliciter and they said it takes time , just worried it time lapses and I lose my money, "

CPS? A driving offence in a County Court? What driving offence was it? It's usually Magistrate Court that deals with driving offences.

"I had a similar thing with North Wales Traffic Gestapo.

They tried to do me for speeding but I could prove I wasn't there.

They took it all the way to court and in addition to the usual double fine and six instead of three points they were also claiming an additional sixty quid in costs for back and forth letters etc.

They withdrew their case two minutes before due to be heard. I hadn't turned up as had previously spoken to Clerk of court who said it would be thrown out as they had my evidence already.

Anyway I then wrote to the plod asking for sixty quid for my "expenses" in swapping letters....same as they had wanted so seemed fair.

They said no. I went through small claims/county court and won.

They didn't pay. So I got back to court and they sent the bailiffs in to North Wales Traffic HQ in Colwyn Bay. They only paid up when bailiffs threatened to take furniture from their offices..... I would have so loved to have been there.....but I got my sixty quid!"

I'd like to publicly say "I love you"..(but in a non gay way tbh)

Bloody brilliant ... Exactly what I would do

Should never let these people in power get away with bullying/abusing the little guy

Go you

» Add a new message to this topic