FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Your will

Your will

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *iamondsmiles. OP   Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Do you think it's your funded mental right to leave your assets to whoever you like, is it acceptable that your will can be challenged?.

If your fully compass mentus I believe you should do what the bloody hell you like with it.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Do you think it's your funded mental right to leave your assets to whoever you like, is it acceptable that your will can be challenged?.

If your fully compass mentus I believe you should do what the bloody hell you like with it.

"

if you can leave it to your cats...

"Do you think it's your funded mental right to leave your assets to whoever you like, is it acceptable that your will can be challenged?.

if you can leave it to your cats..."

this is what made me start the thread, a woman left all her money to animal charities and her estranged daughter contested it and was awarded a third

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan  over a year ago

here

Cha-Ching times for solicitors, as there will be a greater need to have a proper well written will in place, and not just one of the "off the shelf" type for £20 (or a free will kit if you buy insurance!)

By *iamondjoeMan  over a year ago

Glastonbury

I was doing a will with the other half last year... got down to some real nitty-gritty...

Past funerals (I want my ashes fired out of a cannon at Burning Man pls) and on to what to do with the body...

She said she'd donate all her organs for transplant. I said they could have whatever of mine was still working - except for the corneas (have a bit of a thing about my eyes).

She shot back; "Is that so you can see Hell?"

Touché

By *irtyGirlWoman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Yeah I think if there's a Will in place then contest it all you like but if I've put it in writing, in a legal document then I'd expect it to be adhered to.

if you can leave it to your cats...this is what made me start the thread, a woman left all her money to animal charities and her estranged daughter contested it and was awarded a third"

I dont understand profit from blood ties...its also quite a horrible way of thinking you deserve money from a relative when they die...

ooh...just waiting...

if you can leave it to your cats...this is what made me start the thread, a woman left all her money to animal charities and her estranged daughter contested it and was awarded a third"

I think when people do that they need to put In a little extra note saying they can't stand any member of their family so do not give anything to ungrateful little shit kids *ahem*

if you can leave it to your cats...this is what made me start the thread, a woman left all her money to animal charities and her estranged daughter contested it and was awarded a third

I dont understand profit from blood ties...its also quite a horrible way of thinking you deserve money from a relative when they die...

ooh...just waiting..."

that's my way of thinking, I'm always telling my mum to bloody spend her money while she's young enough to enjoy it. I have no "right" to her hard earned money

if you can leave it to your cats...this is what made me start the thread, a woman left all her money to animal charities and her estranged daughter contested it and was awarded a third

ooh...just waiting...that's my way of thinking, I'm always telling my mum to bloody spend her money while she's young enough to enjoy it. I have no "right" to her hard earned money

"

I am still trying to convince mine to do that but they keep spending it on securing our future when they are gone :/ it's a nice gesture but not one I think I deserve

As a father I want my children to have financial security when I am gone.

As a son I want my mum to spend her money on her own needs and comforts while she is alive to enjoy it.

If mum leaves everything to charity, good luck to her - it's her money. I didn't earn it, it's not mine and I have no right to it.

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

if children, then I think they should get a share despite spiteful exclusions.

if not direct line, then relatives should not get an automatic right.

"As a father I want my children to have financial security when I am gone.

As a son I want my mum to spend her money on her own needs and comforts while she is alive to enjoy it.

If mum leaves everything to charity, good luck to her - it's her money. I didn't earn it, it's not mine and I have no right to it."

me too but as a mother, which is a bit hypocritical really lol

I'm arranging life insurance for myself but have no will

I'll have to sit on the fence here. I think it's your right to do what you choose. However , I have some caveats to that. Such as - What if - someone remarried - their first hubby had died and he'd wanted some money to go to the children from that marriage? But no will - so it all went to his wife at the time. Then after re-marrying - the wife forgot to write a will. She died and everything went to the second hubby. The original children got nothing but potentially the second hubby's children (no relation ) might end up with the lot.

I think I'm saying - your right to do what you choose. But write a will and make sure it accounts for most eventualities. It was the first thing I did when my divorce came through. I've seen some horrendous situations in my time.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I generally think your wishes should be carried out, following death. But I could see that if someone had been wronged, whilst the deceased was still living, then maybe they should have a claim.

"I'll have to sit on the fence here. I think it's your right to do what you choose. However , I have some caveats to that. Such as - What if - someone remarried - their first hubby had died and he'd wanted some money to go to the children from that marriage? But no will - so it all went to his wife at the time. Then after re-marrying - the wife forgot to write a will. She died and everything went to the second hubby. The original children got nothing but potentially the second hubby's children (no relation ) might end up with the lot.

I think I'm saying - your right to do what you choose. But write a will and make sure it accounts for most eventualities. It was the first thing I did when my divorce came through. I've seen some horrendous situations in my time."

I'm in a similar situation at the moment.. It's an endless nightmare.. Solicitors.. Etc etc.. Seems there's no end in sight.

Has made me re-evalute and prepare a will.. And funeral arrangements..

Sense of entitlement, that's what contesting a will is. Dunno how it's legally possible but stuff based on value doesn't make sense to me anyways.

Then again the person is dead so probably don't care what happens to their shit at the time.

I'm not contesting anything though.

By *avebi48Man  over a year ago

Lordswood

I think it is one thing if they're dependants at time you die, but after that well it's your estate so you should be able to divvy out it how you see fit.

If you're estranged from the person who has passed as in the case reported, then why would you have any expectation other than getting your own back when the deceased can't fight the action and a total stranger makes an arbitrary decision. She's 54 yet got granted a share on basis of "reasonable provision", joke. I'd expect that I would be the one to determine what I see as reasonable in my own will, not someone who doesn't know me or my circumstances and is only given a one-sided _iew by the person disputing the will.

» Add a new message to this topic