FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Space

Space

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

To my knowledge (which isn't much) no one owns space or the moon so If money was no object and you built a rocket a went to the moon built and station there a bit like the space station apart from its fixed to the moon could you live there? No one could stop you could they? Obviously you need a lot of money to do this. Don't you think it would be good?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *iamondjoeMan  over a year ago

Glastonbury

It's an odd one...

NASA states:

"According to the United Nations Outer Space Treaty, signed by every space-faring country, no nation can claim sovereignty over Earth's lunar satellite.

102 countries have entered into to the 1967 accord; China joined in 1983. But space law scholars debate whether the Treaty actually implicitly prohibits, or allows, private ownership on celestial bodies.

Some commercial companies, such as Bigelow Aerospace, are hoping to use the ambiguity of the treaty's language to their advantage.

Founded in 1999 and based in Las Vegas, the firm aims to manufacture inflatable space habitats.

It already has an agreement with NASA to expand the International Space Station in 2015 using its flexible modules, and also to devise a plan for a privately developed, NASA financed, lunar base architecture."

Glastonbury

But...

A guy called Dennis Hope, an American entrepreneur, sells extraterrestrial real estate.

In 1980, he started his own business, the Lunar Embassy Commission.

As of 2009 Hope claimed to have sold 2.5M 1-acre plots on the Moon, for around US$20 per acre.

See also: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extraterrestrial_real_estate

Glastonbury

And also interestingly you own the air above you house...

"Air rights are a type of development right in real estate, referring to the empty space above a property. Generally speaking, owning or renting land or a building gives one the right to use and develop the air rights.

This legal concept is encoded in the Latin phrase Cuius est solum, eius est usque ad caelum et ad inferos ("For whoever owns the soil, it is theirs up to Heaven and down to Hell.")"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_rights

Although the practicalities of enforcing this are complicated...

http://www.inbrief.co.uk/land-law/land-ownership.htm

By *bi HaiveMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

"It's an odd one...

NASA states:

"According to the United Nations Outer Space Treaty, signed by every space-faring country, no nation can claim sovereignty over Earth's lunar satellite.

102 countries have entered into to the 1967 accord; China joined in 1983. But space law scholars debate whether the Treaty actually implicitly prohibits, or allows, private ownership on celestial bodies.

Some commercial companies, such as Bigelow Aerospace, are hoping to use the ambiguity of the treaty's language to their advantage.

Founded in 1999 and based in Las Vegas, the firm aims to manufacture inflatable space habitats.

It already has an agreement with NASA to expand the International Space Station in 2015 using its flexible modules, and also to devise a plan for a privately developed, NASA financed, lunar base architecture.""

I wondered what Deuce was doing since he quit man whoring!!

Thanks!

A

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"But...

A guy called Dennis Hope, an American entrepreneur, sells extraterrestrial real estate.

In 1980, he started his own business, the Lunar Embassy Commission.

As of 2009 Hope claimed to have sold 2.5M 1-acre plots on the Moon, for around US$20 per acre.

See also: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extraterrestrial_real_estate"

Yep - I own 2.

Get of my laaand. And that be my water n all!

By *inaTitzTV/TS  over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

I've now got this vision of a mad Benny Hill style chase as bailiffs in space suits chase the OP all over the moon, taking 20 foot steps

» Add a new message to this topic