FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > HTC phones...

HTC phones...

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *hundercats69 OP   Couple  over a year ago

CT14

Ok so I realise there's been threads about the choice between Iphones, Blackberry's and HTC's etc but was just wondering if anyone can help advise me between the HTC Windows phone and the HTC Android phones??

Any massive differences I should know about between the two OS and please bear in mind its my first smartphone that i'm going for lol (and i'm a bit of a girl at times so no major complicated technical stuff!!)

Thanks guys

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I have HTC Android...android rocks...and i can still open windows apps with it

Forum Mod

My daughter has HTC android and loves it.....I want one too

By *ue care and attentionWoman  over a year ago

birmingham

I have the HYC Wildfire, fairly new model, Baby brother to the Desire but does the same...just has a smaller screen, lower pixles and slighty slower speed but '3' have a good deal on it for £20 a month where as you will pay about £35 for the Desire. You can download apps from the android market, some cracking ones. Many of them free (I only download the free ones)Got an excellent sat nav on it and google sky is brill.

Cheep and chearful and does what it says

By *ue care and attentionWoman  over a year ago

birmingham

"I have the HYC Wildfire, fairly new model, Baby brother to the Desire but does the same...just has a smaller screen, lower pixles and slighty slower speed but '3' have a good deal on it for £20 a month where as you will pay about £35 for the Desire. You can download apps from the android market, some cracking ones. Many of them free (I only download the free ones)Got an excellent sat nav on it and google sky is brill.

Cheep and chearful and does what it says "

HTC Wildfire even!

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

no contest... android android android...

at this stage much more stable and reliable.....

just got the htc desire sense in white and already thinking this is the best phone i've had...easy to use, great apps,loads of things on it...and good for calling people as well...

By *andy muncherMan  over a year ago

Nottingham

even my htc hero still rocks htc rocks

By *uro anchorMan  over a year ago

Coventry

"Ok so I realise there's been threads about the choice between Iphones, Blackberry's and HTC's etc but was just wondering if anyone can help advise me between the HTC Windows phone and the HTC Android phones??

Any massive differences I should know about between the two OS and please bear in mind its my first smartphone that i'm going for lol (and i'm a bit of a girl at times so no major complicated technical stuff!!)

Thanks guys "

i got htc something... hated it to start with loved my old one.. its ok now im used to it.. only thing i dont like is battery power only lasts a day.. old fone lasted 3 so always forgetting to charge the bloody thing lol xx

i got htc something... hated it to start with loved my old one.. its ok now im used to it.. only thing i dont like is battery power only lasts a day.. old fone lasted 3 so always forgetting to charge the bloody thing lol xx

battery life depends on what your using it for(internet,video mail etc) and how much you got running in the background, but most big screen phones (which eat up the battery) don't last that long on a charge

By *arambarMan  over a year ago

swindon

I'm another Desire owner.... that means it runs Android I love everything about it, except the battery life, but all smartphones have rubbish battery life - even the iPhone.

I find that the mobile version Windows is not as polished nor as responsive as Android. However, I've not used the latest version of Windows Mobile, so maybe they've improved things - the previous versions, however, were sluggish in comparison.

Android phones versus iPhone is a more difficult decision, but when it comes to Android versus Windows it's pretty clear-cut.... it has to be Android.

I recommend having a look at the most popular apps listed on App Brain - www.appbrain.com/apps/popular - there's also an App Brain app which allows you to synch apps between the website and your phone, so you select on the website which app you want to install on your phone then refresh it on your phone and it will download and install the apps you chose on the website (that's a really bad explanation but I hope you get what I mean).

By *arambarMan  over a year ago

swindon

"battery life depends on what your using it for(internet,video mail etc) and how much you got running in the background, but most big screen phones (which eat up the battery) don't last that long on a charge "

Yep, I've managed to improve my battery life by restricting how often things like Facebook or GMail or Twitter connect online to get their updates. It means I can now get more than 1 day out of a charge.

The Desire isn't as good as the iPhone for battery life... that's not to say that the iPhone is great as my iPhone-owning friends still have to charge their phones every other day or maybe every 3 days.

The iPhone, however, manages online connections differently to Android. Android allows each app to connect to check for updates, download things, etc... whereas on the iPhone each app's access is managed centrally, so whereas you might have 10 or 12 apps on Adroid making 10 or 12 separate connections at 5-minute intervals, the iPhone would collate each request and then connect once and download anything required by the 10 or 12 apps.

This means that updates on an iPhone won't be as 'real time' as they can be on Android, but the downside is that the battery takes more of a battering because the phone is connecting more frequently.

I find using wifi to be the biggest drain on my phone.... apart from playing Angry Birds, which just seems to eat my battery each time I play it.

By *ertnbeckyCouple  over a year ago

oldham

my phones called wtf as i can just about make calls with it. becky ses she has a blackberry ugh im gonna buy strawberries and eat them

your very confusssssed bert xxx

I have HTC desire and its great !

By *_midland_cpl_xCouple  over a year ago

birmingham

htc desire black here had a windows phone b4 this and would not go back

By *urreyfun2008Man  over a year ago

East Grinstead

Android based is the way to go, unless you have a desire for an iphone.

Windows phones, history of various not so great issues, and I'm sorry but the current interface in the adverts looks like a kids toy.

Be sure to have a decent data contract, as once you go Android your data usage will rocket.

would you really trust a windows phone, just look at what microsoft have done to pc's ??????

By *unky monkeyMan  over a year ago

in the night garden

I'd give Windows mobile OS a wide birth for a few years, it's a brand new operating system which has received luke warm reviews.

Android is a good robust OS that has been developed over a few years now and is built on the same underpinnings as Linux, Unix and of course Mac OS X.

I'd be wary of which version of Android you get. Some operators and phone manufacturers still supply their phones with older substandard versions of Android and have no path to upgrade easily. Any version of Android 2.0 and above is good, below 2.0 is a bit sucky.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

its been a year this week since the passing of my iphone i still miss it terribly but recently i have been looking at other phones such as the HTC or the new blackberry torch as have heard good things about the HTC's

By *urreyfun2008Man  over a year ago

East Grinstead

What I will say having just gone from keyboard phone e71 to iphone.

If a very heavy texter, the android phones with a real keyboard would be better.

Do use facebook a lot more now, and the google maps is great on iphone and android when visiting areas, as can see photos of the road.

I have a HTC Wildfire I love it, its so easy to use, but as other posters have said if you don't keep a check of the programs running in the background and close some of them down the battery life is poor. I receive lots of incoming calls on mine as I use it for work and I'm for ever having to recharge it in the car after just half a day!

By *ouplefunukCouple  over a year ago

North Bristol

*Him* has a HTC and would say Android all the way. He's "fixed" his so it runs android (it was Windows before) and says it's a million times better.

I have the Sony Erricsson Eperia and it's a million times better than the HTC - Android also.

*Her*

» Add a new message to this topic