FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Going to Ban smoking in Prison

Going to Ban smoking in Prison

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *aneandpaul OP   Couple  over a year ago

cleveleys

Going to Ban smoking in Prison one in mate says it,s taking away there humane rights

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Going to Ban smoking in Prison one in mate says it,s taking away there humane rights"

Well your taking away their right to nip out for five minutes for a fag

Can imagine riots every other day

Forum Mod

Didn't this story cone up before?

Nothing happened

"Didn't this story cone up before?

Nothing happened "

More than likely, still it will give the right wing something to be offended about! No point in them missing out on the offence front

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

I'm not sure they can as technically their cell is their home. They can ban smoking in certain parts such as exercise yards or association rooms as the guards as other non smoking inmates also frequent those places.

Forum Mod

Nothing happened .

More than likely, still it will give the right wing something to be offended about! No point in them missing out on the offence front"

It must be a slow news day

They should be stripped of all privileges, prisons aint a boot camp lol.

Send them to Afghanistan for hard labour and help the military.

By *at69driveMan  over a year ago

Wisbech and A47 corridor

"Going to Ban smoking in Prison one in mate says it,s taking away there humane rights"
I am not too bothered about their human rights . Horrendous waste of tax payers money keeping people in prison.Prison officers and the police benefit from crime though.Lots of well paid jobs

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

Nothing happened .

More than likely, still it will give the right wing something to be offended about! No point in them missing out on the offence front"

this..

i predict before this hits 3 figures if it does that someone will be stating that they would willingly cut someone's head off as a form of capital punishment cos prisons too soft and its all the fault of those lefty pinko do gooding sandal wearing tree hugging liberal softies..

the end of the empire etc etc..

Nothing happened .

More than likely, still it will give the right wing something to be offended about! No point in them missing out on the offence front

this..

i predict before this hits 3 figures if it does that someone will be stating that they would willingly cut someone's head off as a form of capital punishment cos prisons too soft and its all the fault of those lefty pinko do gooding sandal wearing tree hugging liberal softies..

the end of the empire etc etc.."

What just decapitation .

There going soft in their old age, I would have at least expected pissing down the neck and using the head for football matches!

By *rank EinsteinMan  over a year ago

Burton upon stather

"They should be stripped of all privileges, prisons aint a boot camp lol.

Send them to Afghanistan for hard labour and help the military."

Actually positive reinforcement has proven to be more effective, show them the values of working, respect and community, give them pride.

A lot of offenders come from poor/violent backgrounds and think that's just life.

Show them another way and there's a chance to change.

in Lancashire

Nothing happened .

this..

the end of the empire etc etc...

What just decapitation .

There going soft in their old age, I would have at least expected pissing down the neck and using the head for football matches!"

football only to be played under those pesky elf n safety rules..

"I'm not sure they can as technically their cell is their home. They can ban smoking in certain parts such as exercise yards or association rooms as the guards as other non smoking inmates also frequent those places. "

Soldiers can't smoke in their rooms technically their homes??

"I'm not sure they can as technically their cell is their home. They can ban smoking in certain parts such as exercise yards or association rooms as the guards as other non smoking inmates also frequent those places. "

They can share cells, other people will use the cell after they have vacated it, so yeah they will be able to ban it,

in Lancashire

Nothing happened .

just a thought, is this being brought in by those tories that many of the right will have voted for..

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

"Going to Ban smoking in Prison one in mate says it,s taking away there humane rights I am not too bothered about their human rights . Horrendous waste of tax payers money keeping people in prison.Prison officers and the police benefit from crime though.Lots of well paid jobs "

Of course keeping people in prison costs a lot of money, I would love to hear your brilliant alternative solution. Perhaps all crime should be punishable by firing squad or perhaps no crime should be punished?

By *olwaySonarMan  over a year ago

Carlisle

Criminals are sent to prison as a punishment not to be punished once there!

By *hechairman18Man  over a year ago

Salford Quays , Manchester

It's not their home.

They don't rent it,or buy it.

They are being imprisoned on behalf of Society, for crimes committed against Society.

Whatever happens they'll never stop male prisoners smoking each other cocks,,,,

"Going to Ban smoking in Prison one in mate says it,s taking away there humane rights I am not too bothered about their human rights . Horrendous waste of tax payers money keeping people in prison.Prison officers and the police benefit from crime though.Lots of well paid jobs "

Prisons are too much like hotels, the idea of prison is punishment,a deterrent, back in the days of breaking rocks and the Gallows, people were scared of prison and respected the law and their elders.

The human rights act is a shield for criminals not victims, there should be a list crimes that renders the criminals human rights null and void e.g. Murder, rape and child abuse. When you take away somebody else's human rights, you automatically give up your own.

Make the prison system something to be respected, and feared. Also make it self financing make the inmates stamp out car license plates or something, make it an industrial sector.

Isn't it also someones workplace? That should be a good enough reason to ban them from smoking

By *dwalu2Couple  over a year ago

Bristol

Aren't you one of the people who regularly advocates the scrapping of the human rights act?

By *ust_for_laughsCouple  over a year ago

Hinckley

As part of my university degree I spend quite a bit of time in and around prisons.

Two things stick out from this thread: they're nothing like hotels and I've never met a prison officer that would be in favour of banning smoking in prisons as it's a) the currency in prison and b) keeps things as calm as they can be, which is all the majority of officers are looking to do.

Jut to piss-off smokers, I'd ban cigarettes altogether and jail anyone caught flaunting the ban......

You're welcome.....

evesham

"I'm not sure they can as technically their cell is their home. They can ban smoking in certain parts such as exercise yards or association rooms as the guards as other non smoking inmates also frequent those places.

Soldiers can't smoke in their rooms technically their homes??"

Then they should make a claim under the human rights act as well then. Just because someone who can't possible should doesn't meant those who can possibly shouldn't!

evesham

"As part of my university degree I spend quite a bit of time in and around prisons.

Two things stick out from this thread: they're nothing like hotels and I've never met a prison officer that would be in favour of banning smoking in prisons as it's a) the currency in prison and b) keeps things as calm as they can be, which is all the majority of officers are looking to do."

I'd certainly complain of any hotel room I stayed in was like a prison!

By *drianukMan  over a year ago

Spain, Lancashire

This is part of a wider picture...s.oking also being banned on beaches and I. Parks. In the open air! Its part of denormalising smoking. Time we lost this bullying attitude

Well I work in a cat B all male prison and I hope to fuck they don't ban it. Would make the job even more dangerous with a load of stressed out angry men.

People saying it's a hotel it fucking ain't. You can check out of a hotel whenever you want, alright they might be able to watch TV and use a gym and the yard but if it keeps them calm who cares. We don't have batons or anything when shit kicks off, just our bare hands.

"As part of my university degree I spend quite a bit of time in and around prisons.

Two things stick out from this thread: they're nothing like hotels and I've never met a prison officer that would be in favour of banning smoking in prisons as it's a) the currency in prison and b) keeps things as calm as they can be, which is all the majority of officers are looking to do."

Agreed

"

Prisons are too much like hotels"

Don't believe everything you read in the sun

contrary to popular belief everybody in prison does not have a television and a PlayStation

smoking bad

diesel particulates good

Hahaha they can try to do that

hahaha taking drugs is illegal in and out of prison. Nice to see that put a stop to that. Oh wait. Hang on !

By *iss_Samantha_LovecockTV/TS  over a year ago

bournmouth/poole/Blandford

good idea ..ban it in all public places to

"Jut to piss-off smokers, I'd ban cigarettes altogether and jail anyone caught flaunting the ban......

You're welcome..... "

The problem with quitting is the risk of turning into a non smoker,

Spouting ban what I don't do tripe like this post,

evesham

"I'm not sure they can as technically their cell is their home. They can ban smoking in certain parts such as exercise yards or association rooms as the guards as other non smoking inmates also frequent those places.

They can share cells, other people will use the cell after they have vacated it, so yeah they will be able to ban it,

"

Well as it's been rumbling on for quote some time it's proving rather difficult.

"Going to Ban smoking in Prison one in mate says it,s taking away there humane rights.

Well your taking away their right to nip out for five minutes for a fag "

I think the OP should be arrested and jailed by the spelling police for this ^^^!

On a serious note, why shouldn't it be banned??? It's still someone's place of work (having worked in a prison) and I defend my right to work in a smoke free zone. They can still smoke in their cell as is their right but in communal areas it's just wrong. You're right a prisoner does have certain rights but so does the staff that has to work there. But having worked in a jail I can honestly say I believe my right is greater than theirs. Transgress the law and you deserve to lose your rights as you have taken away the rights of the law abiding community!!!

"Going to Ban smoking in Prison one in mate says it,s taking away there humane rights I am not too bothered about their human rights . Horrendous waste of tax payers money keeping people in prison.Prison officers and the police benefit from crime though.Lots of well paid jobs

Prisons are too much like hotels, the idea of prison is punishment,a deterrent, back in the days of breaking rocks and the Gallows, people were scared of prison and respected the law and their elders.

The human rights act is a shield for criminals not victims, there should be a list crimes that renders the criminals human rights null and void e.g. Murder, rape and child abuse. When you take away somebody else's human rights, you automatically give up your own.

Make the prison system something to be respected, and feared. Also make it self financing make the inmates stamp out car license plates or something, make it an industrial sector."

There is a lit of research which suggest that prison as a fear based detergent is far less effective than criminal rehabilitation... Also things such as sexually abuse toward children is being seen more as a mental illness and I feel there is some sense in that as people often say you can't help who you Dall in love with. Yes the shouldn't act on it for more than just criminal reasons but if say best were illegal especially for example sadism it would be interesting to see the reactions some people just wish to act on their sexuall desires, yes their desires may be what we see as wrong and criminal but in our society I see that as a problem society/ upbringing potentially caused and these people are mentally ill not lesser humans. No criminal is a lesser human just because they broke this societies moral/ criminal laws

"Going to Ban smoking in Prison one in mate says it,s taking away there humane rights I am not too bothered about their human rights . Horrendous waste of tax payers money keeping people in prison.Prison officers and the police benefit from crime though.Lots of well paid jobs

Prisons are too much like hotels, the idea of prison is punishment,a deterrent, back in the days of breaking rocks and the Gallows, people were scared of prison and respected the law and their elders

Make the prison system something to be respected, and feared. Also make it self financing make the inmates stamp out car license plates or something, make it an industrial sector.

There is a lit of research which suggest that prison as a fear based detergent is far less effective than criminal rehabilitation... Also things such as sexually abuse toward children is being seen more as a mental illness and I feel there is some sense in that as people often say you can't help who you Dall in love with. Yes the shouldn't act on it for more than just criminal reasons but if say best were illegal especially for example sadism it would be interesting to see the reactions some people just wish to act on their sexuall desires, yes their desires may be what we see as wrong and criminal but in our society I see that as a problem society/ upbringing potentially caused and these people are mentally ill not lesser humans. No criminal is a lesser human just because they broke this societies moral/ criminal laws"

No criminal is a lesser human because they broke this societies moral/criminal laws??? Of course they are a lesser human ffs because they broke this societies moral and criminal laws!!! Decent humans don't break the law because they aren't lesser humans. You've totally gone off the point too by suggesting child abuse is a mental illness??? Is it fuck!!!! It's a completely pre thought out act to abuse someone in a more vulnerable position and those should be dealt with accordingly.

Prisons are too much like hotels, the idea of prison is punishment,a deterrent, back in the days of breaking rocks and the Gallows, people were scared of prison and respected the law and their elders

There is a lit of research which suggest that prison as a fear based detergent is far less effective than criminal rehabilitation... Also things such as sexually abuse toward children is being seen more as a mental illness and I feel there is some sense in that as people often say you can't help who you Dall in love with. Yes the shouldn't act on it for more than just criminal reasons but if say best were illegal especially for example sadism it would be interesting to see the reactions some people just wish to act on their sexuall desires, yes their desires may be what we see as wrong and criminal but in our society I see that as a problem society/ upbringing potentially caused and these people are mentally ill not lesser humans. No criminal is a lesser human just because they broke this societies moral/ criminal laws

No criminal is a lesser human because they broke this societies moral/criminal laws??? Of course they are a lesser human ffs because they broke this societies moral and criminal laws!!! Decent humans don't break the law because they aren't lesser humans. You've totally gone off the point too by suggesting child abuse is a mental illness??? Is it fuck!!!! It's a completely pre thought out act to abuse someone in a more vulnerable position and those should be dealt with accordingly. "

Moral and criminal laws change so how can someone who conflicts their countries moral/ criminal laws be classed as a lesser human. There are things many people in the uk think of a normal morally and also legally but are still morally and legally wrong in other countries... for example there are african countries where being gay is not only considered morally wrong but actually criminal, are you telling me that in that country gay people are lesser human beings? Laws and morals are objective, IN MY OPINION, i understand others will disagree and claim that those countries have just not evolved to our moral stage... (i just dont even) also from the american psychological association a peer review journal (as far as I am aware)... "The American Psychological Association maintains that pedophilia is a mental disorder; that sex between adults and children is always wrong; and that acting on pedophilic impulses is and should be a criminal act. The American Psychological Association has worked for many years to prevent child sexual abuse and will continue to do so."

"Jut to piss-off smokers, I'd ban cigarettes altogether and jail anyone caught flaunting the ban......

You're welcome.....

The problem with quitting is the risk of turning into a non smoker,

Spouting ban what I don't do tripe like this post,

"

Oo'er,,,,,,I say......pfffft,,,,

By *rinking-in-laCouple  over a year ago

Bristol

Hanging is too good for these bastards.

It is a good smack on the arse is what they need.

Etc etc.

By *rinking-in-laCouple  over a year ago

Bristol

No criminal is a lesser human because they broke this societies moral/criminal laws??? Of course they are a lesser human ffs because they broke this societies moral and criminal laws!!! Decent humans don't break the law because they aren't lesser humans. You've totally gone off the point too by suggesting child abuse is a mental illness??? Is it fuck!!!! It's a completely pre thought out act to abuse someone in a more vulnerable position and those should be dealt with accordingly. "

Thank goodness we dealt with that one so completely with reasoned debate and scientific rigour.

» Add a new message to this topic