FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > computer problems help

computer problems help

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ruit OP   Woman  over a year ago

near kings lynn

I have a basic amilo laptop and it won't do its normal switch on. It.seems to state then goes as if it has run out of charge so then click it to start in normal mode then it sometimes comes up with a load of black writing scrolling down from top to bottom saying a.load of words. But seems in general to act as if it has no charge. Have brought another charger to try that but is still.not startingnormal. Clearly i knownoit about comps so is thanyone that may be able to help as don't really want to take it to the shop with my new pics just loaded onto my pics.lol. Help please

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Not being computer minded either, have you tried turning it on with the charger in and switched on at the wall? Could be the battery has had it and needs mains power to be able to switch on.

If you have tried this I apologise for wasting you 30 seconds time reading this and wish you luck sorting the problem

near kings lynn

It is acting like that yes but have tried my old charger and the one i have now. Could.need a new charger maybe. Don't know if they die after a.while. Will look into a.new.one. Thanks for the suggestion

remove the battery and try to use it again without,

[Removed by poster at 17/11/10 14:03:08]

if its not the battery,( which i doubt)

then on boot up, press F8 until you get a screen asking how you want to boot up, there should be an option to boot into safe mode, do that.

Let pc start, then go to:

start

accessories

system tools

system restore

re set your pc to an earlier date before your boot ini file was damaged

if this does not work, you will need to restore those files from your windows operating system disc, its quite a simple process.

"if its not the battery,( which i doubt)

then on boot up, press F8 until you get a screen asking how you want to boot up, there should be an option to boot into safe mode, do that.

start

accessories

system tools

system restore

if this does not work, you will need to restore those files from your windows operating system disc, its quite a simple process."

As above..... but before that, just have a quick look to see if you've not inadvertently left a CD/DVD in the disc drive as some laptops can incur boot sector confusion attempting to read the disc subsequently causing the laptop not to start properly in similar manner to what you have described . This can be simply rectified by removing the offending CD/DVD Disc and starting the laptop again as normal

by reading the posts, it def sounds like it not the battery and it not booting correctly.

When you say it had loads of text scrolling... what happened if you leave it for say 5 mins... does it eventually start but says Safe Mode in the corners?

If it just sits and does nothing follow what cam uk suggested.

near kings lynn

"if its not the battery,( which i doubt)

start

accessories

system tools

system restore

if this does not work, you will need to restore those files from your windows operating system disc, its quite a simple process."

Wish I had seen this in time but got a new mobile other day too and been struggling to read threads.

I ended up taking it into the shop and is now fixed,cost me £20 and was in a boot loop or something he said.

Thank god for a working computer

Thanks to everyone for your help and suggestions xx

» Add a new message to this topic