FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Girl problems! Men, please avoid!!

Girl problems! Men, please avoid!!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I've just gone back on the mini pill after an eighteen month break. I just begun it as I was ovulating last month, so I knew I would get my period as normal. Trouble is, my period's lasted a week - and counting - instead of the usual five or six days. Have any other ladies experienced this?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *unky monkeyMan  over a year ago

in the night garden

Sorry I couldn't resist coming in after reading the title.

I'll leave now.

By *igeiaWoman  over a year ago

Bristol

Yep. Went on the minipill for the first time 2 and a bit months ago. First month normal. Then bled for 3 and a half weeks straight (not heavy, but damned annoying). Now back to normal, occasional really light breakthrough bleeding, no periods and it's all settled down. It takes your body a while to get used to the different hormone levels, normally within 3 months according to my GP.

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"Yep. Went on the minipill for the first time 2 and a bit months ago. First month normal. Then bled for 3 and a half weeks straight (not heavy, but damned annoying). Now back to normal, occasional really light breakthrough bleeding, no periods and it's all settled down. It takes your body a while to get used to the different hormone levels, normally within 3 months according to my GP."

That's a relief I'm not in pain, just bored of waiting for it to stop!

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I think changes any contraception means things will be all over the place for a while. I couldn't get on with any pill because of how it affecred my skin.

Had the implant last year and had no period for 4 months then a period that lasted a month. Another 2 weeks later and now I seem to be back on track thank god!!

Just give it time to settle maybe?

I'm on the desogestrel pill. When I first started, my periods were near constant for around 2 months. It balanced out, and then I had intermittent spotting for a few weeks. Now I have no periods and no spotting.

I kept bleeding for nearly two weeks then a week off then spotting on and off this went on for months I had to stop taking it .hope yours settles soon

By *odareyouMan  over a year ago

not far from iceland,,,,,, tescos is nearer though :-) (near leeds)

"Sorry I couldn't resist coming in after reading the title.

I'll leave now."

I did the same funky.. Just like a sign that says wet paint...you gotta touch to see...

After almost bleeding to death.... most days over course of a year! Countless tests and proding, they discovered i had pcos, im all woman apparently and my body reacted badly to the pill, i have the marina coil, stopped bleed altogether!! Im on 2nd one 6rs in! Love it!!

By *unky monkeyMan  over a year ago

in the night garden

"Sorry I couldn't resist coming in after reading the title.

I'll leave now.

I did the same funky.. Just like a sign that says wet paint...you gotta touch to see... "

Like moths to the flame brah.

"After almost bleeding to death.... most days over course of a year! Countless tests and proding, they discovered i had pcos, im all woman apparently and my body reacted badly to the pill, i have the marina coil, stopped bleed altogether!! Im on 2nd one 6rs in! Love it!!"

Benign tumours/fibroids will also cause excessive bleeding. They increase the surface area of the womb so there's more lining to shed.

"After almost bleeding to death.... most days over course of a year! Countless tests and proding, they discovered i had pcos, im all woman apparently and my body reacted badly to the pill, i have the marina coil, stopped bleed altogether!! Im on 2nd one 6rs in! Love it!!

Benign tumours/fibroids will also cause excessive bleeding. They increase the surface area of the womb so there's more lining to shed. "

Im ok there, have regular scans!

» Add a new message to this topic